Panopticon

Story Info
Cassidy goes to a special kind of prison.
15.5k words
4.86
5.6k
7
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Panopticon is a prison concept by 18th century philosopher Jeremy Bentham, based on the constant surveillance of inmates. This story takes the concept to the dystopian future of Galactic Odyssey. Even though it features Cassidy, the protagonist of Galactic Odyssey and borrows a few characters, the story can be read on its own.

Transfer

It was a beautiful day on Altrania -- sunny and warm with a pleasant breeze coming from the sea. Not a single cloud was in the sky, obscuring the planet's two moons which could be clearly seen this time of day in the northern hemisphere.

Too bad I was stuck in the back of a prison van that was making its way through the light afternoon traffic to my new home. The van was on autopilot, its only two passengers were Loreena and me, the guard tasked with transferring me. She had stripped and chained me up right there in the courtroom after sentencing, as it was common practice in this part of the galaxy, and we were now sitting next to each other on the back bench.

Loreena was a chatty nineteen-year-old brunette who looked closer to seventeen than she did to twenty. She had been on the job for two months, had joined Justice because she "loved working with people," had three older brothers, an absent father, and a mother who was an accountant. She had a boyfriend twelve years her senior, which her mother didn't approve of, and she liked the neighbor's cat, Spot, even though he was a pervert who liked to watch when she and the boyfriend were having sex. I assumed it was the cat who liked to watch, but she hadn't clarified that particular point.

I had learned all of that in the first five minutes of our trip, before we had even left the city and without me asking any questions. In fact, up to this point I hadn't said a single word.

While Loreena was rambling on, I was looking out of the window, admiring the countryside and playing with the chain that connected my cuffs and belly chain to the leg irons. It made a small "pling" every time it touched my labia piercings.

"Hey, any chance you could unlock those cuffs? Just until we're there?"

It wasn't like I was trying to escape. That would require careful planning and some outside help.

"So sorry," she said, nervously twirling her hair between her fingers. "I can't, they don't give me the keys. I couldn't even open the door, it's for security reasons."

Figures.

"So what's your job exactly?"

"Oh, I have this alarm button that I need to press if there's a problem. And I clean the van if someone makes a mess in it. That's not my favorite part of this job, so please don't pee in the van, okay?"

"I hadn't planned on it."

"Pinky promise?"

"Pinky promise," I said, trying to keep a straight face.

"We'll be there soon and they'll take your cuffs off when you're in your ... room and then you can use the toilet. I'm so glad we're getting along well. I know I talk too much when I'm nervous. Honestly, I was really worried when they told me that I have to escort a pirate. I couldn't sleep all night and when I did sleep, Spot woke me up and wanted to be let in and-"

"I'm not a pirate," I said, which was more or less true, but she didn't listen.

"It must be such an interesting life, traveling the galaxy. Can't you tell me about it, what is it like? All the adventures out there, the planets, the people. Back here, nothing ever happens, I swear, it's the most boring place in the universe."

Loreena was a sweet girl, but I had other things on my mind than making small talk. My team probably thought that I was dead -- between the shuttle crashing and the explosion shortly after, it was a reasonable assumption. It sure explained why nobody had come to get me.

"No, I can't tell you anything," I said, looking for a way to end this conversation. "I don't want to incriminate myself. I'm sure you understand."

"Of course, of course, I understand."

We sat there in silence for about ten seconds.

"Gods," she sighed, "I would kill for your boobs. They are so amazing and I'm totally into piercings myself, but my mom never gave me permission. She says only sluts and whores-"

She interrupted herself, eyes wide open. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to imply-"

I laughed. "Pretty much, but who gives a shit? Life is too short, do what makes you happy."

She nodded and continued staring at my bare breasts. She reached out with a shaking hand but stopped at the very last moment.

"Nipple and pussy piercings, that's so wild. You're such a badass. Did it hurt? Is it true that it makes you so much more sensitive during sex?"

"More sensitive sounds about right," I said, but in my case it wasn't the entire story.

"May I ask a question? It's kind of indiscreet?"

I rolled my eyes. "What is it?"

"Your boobs, are they real? Or, like, implants, or bio mods? I definitely want to get some work done, but with my salary at Justice, you know. I'm not sure I really love Todd, but maybe when we get married-"

"The boobs are real," I interrupted her. "The only good thing I ever got from my mom. But why don't you tell me about where we're going?"

"Oh, yes, of course. It's the Rayman Hayes prison complex."

"So what is that, medium security? High security?"

"We don't have different levels. Prisons are for serious criminals, everyone else gets home confinement or community service. Like my friend Vicky, she has to work every Saturday because she took some nail polish at the mall. Purple, really pretty. And now she's banned from the shop, but please don't tell anyone, she's a bit embarrassed. Gods, I talk too much. I'm sorry."

Clearly, Vicky was still at the beginning of her criminal career.

"Look," she said, pointing out the window to our right, towards a valley. "We're almost there."

It was a weird place, unlike any prison I had ever been to. Where were the walls? The razor wire? The guard towers? I didn't even see a whipping post, not that I was particularly fond of those.

The whole complex looked peaceful and more like a park, with pathways and lanterns, trees, a small stream, and maybe a dozen buildings strewn across the landscape. There were no fences or walls of any kind, no infrastructure, just on the far side I could see tracks and a small railway station.

The buildings were all constructed the same way. They were single-story, circular, with glass facades, a large open courtyard inside and a small building with dark windows at the center.

"And that's a prison?"

She nodded eagerly.

"They call it the zoo, but that's just people being mean. It's an awesome place, very modern."

Well, it was definitely something else.

"Take a look, Cassidy. The inmates' rooms are on the outside and the small building in the middle, that's the guard station. All the walls are made of dura glass, like, indestructible. The guards can see into every corner of the rooms. It's super secure, nobody ever escaped from it."

"The courtyard is for rec time?"

"Nooo, nobody is allowed to leave their room, ever. It's for security. But," and her face lit up, "you can have visitors any time you like."

Visitors? The only person I knew on this planet had been the mark and by now he was probably light-years away on George's cruiser, answering some very uncomfortable questions.

As we got closer, I was able to make out some inmates. Every one of them was stark naked, wearing a steel collar that was tethered to the floor using a sturdy-looking chain. That seemed to be a big part of the secret why nobody had ever escaped.

Holy shit, I thought. Even the walls between cells are transparent. So much for privacy in this place.

"Wait a minute, they house men and women in the same building? Seriously?"

Loreena looked a bit uncomfortable.

"Err, yes. It's randomly assigned. But you'll be perfectly safe, it's all single-person rooms."

Now that's a relief.

I was lost in thought and didn't realize that the van had stopped. Loreena gave my nipple ring a gentle tug. A jolt of electricity shot through my nipple, making me jump. I was wide awake in an instant.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," she said, surprised by my reaction. "I just can't keep my fingers to myself, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to startle you. We're here."

She helped me outside, grabbing my arm to make sure I didn't trip.

Moving In

A guy in a guard's uniform was already waiting at the entrance of the building, a data pad in one hand and a steel collar in the other. He was a bear of a man, mid-fifties maybe, but in good shape -- tall, muscular, and reasonably good-looking for a prison guard.

"So that's the pirate," he said, looking me over from head to toe.

"Hey Earl," said Loreena. "Yes, that's Cassidy."

"What's with the jewelry?" asked Earl, pointing at the rings through my nipples, clit, and labia. "You guys are supposed to take that stuff out."

He looked at my papers on his pad.

"They granted her a religious exemption? What the heck? What kind of religion is that?"

"I told them it was a symbol of my faith," I said. "I didn't think they'd fall for it."

"My sarge said they couldn't take it off at booking," said Loreena. "It's all welded shut and cutting it would have been too much of a hassle."

Earl scratched his head.

"Now that's a first. And this?" he pointed at the numbers tattooed on my pubic mound, "You were a penal slave?"

"Yes."

"That is horrible," said Loreena, looking genuinely sad. "I'm so, so sorry!"

"Ancient history," I said and shrugged. "But if everything goes to shit and whoring is outlawed across the galaxy, I can always fall back on digging up Segaya roots."

"Alright, wiseass," said Earl. "What's coming next should feel familiar to you."

Loreena pushed my hair out of the way while Earl placed the collar around my neck. It was made of steel, one centimeter strong, five centimeters high, with a small box at the back of the neck. It was one of the heaviest collars I had ever worn and it closed with a metallic snap and a beep. It fit me perfectly and despite its weight it wasn't uncomfortable to wear.

Loreena cleared her throat.

"I guess this is goodbye. I wish you all the best for your future, Cassidy."

"Thanks," I said. "You do you, okay? Live a little. And now get outta here."

For a second it looked like she was about to give me a hug, but then she turned around abruptly and walked back to the van.

"Alright then," said Earl and grabbed me by my upper arm. "Let's get you locked up."

We walked towards the entrance, under the gaze of several guys and a few women, watching us from their cells.

Earl touched the radio on his collar.

"I got the new one for seventeen, open up."

The outer door unlocked with a buzzing sound and we entered a small area between the security doors. There was something that looked like a vending machine on the left, but I didn't get a closer look. As soon as the outer door was closed, the inner door opened and we entered the courtyard.

I stopped walking and looked around.

The yard was spacious and circular. Right at the center was a guard station, with dark, tinted windows that made it impossible to see inside. Along the outer side of the yard were two dozen cells, one next to the other, sharing a common, transparent wall. The only thing that broke the ring of cells was the security gate we had just come through. And it really looked like a zoo, the glass walls put all inhabitants on direct view from every direction.

"Hey, quit daydreaming," said Earl. "We're not there yet. I'd like to get your intro done before shift change."

"Look," I said. "I don't mind a good fuck myself, but can I please go pee first? I haven't been able to since this morning and I had to promise Loreena that I wouldn't go in the van."

Taking the new girl for a test drive was a time-honored tradition in many prisons across the galaxy. I'd probably spend the better part of the evening bent over a table in the break room even though I couldn't see such a room anywhere.

"That's not how we handle things around here," said Earl.

"No? I'm a good sport," I said and made my boobs jiggle a bit. "I'm happy to work for my privileges."

He said nothing and grabbed my arm again.

"So what's the induction then?" I asked. "You guys don't even have a whipping post."

"I don't know what prisons you've been to, but there's no whipping and no sex. Not with guards and not with other prisoners. And no privileges. I'll take you to your cell, explain a few things, and the nurse will come by to check you out. That's it. Next time you'll be out of your cell is in four years when your sentence is up."

What a weird place, I thought. But if anything I was flexible, I'd get the hang of this place.

He led me to the left across the yard where a cell door was already open. I could have found it myself, all cells had their numbers printed above the door.

"Seventeen, this is you. In you go."

He gave me a gentle push when I didn't move immediately.

"It's ... sparse," I said. "But at least it's got a view."

The cell was about two meters long and one and a half meters wide at the entrance, but two meters wide at the back. It wasn't big, but at least there was a lot of window space. In fact, every single wall was made of dura glass, including the door.

All the cell had in terms of furniture was a narrow plastic mattress on the floor to the right and a hole with footrests in the far left corner. And of course the chain, my chain, embedded in the floor.

Earl picked up the free end and pushed it into the little box at the back of my collar. A metallic click, an electronic beep, and that was that -- I had moved in.

"I feel at home already."

He sighed. "There's no need to comment on every little thing, you know."

He let me test my range of motion for a few seconds. Standing up I was able to reach all parts of the room and I could make a small step out the door, but nothing more. The chain would have stopped an Azurran elephant in its tracks, I felt some serious weight on my neck.

He pointed towards the corner where two pipes and two buttons were embedded in the glass.

"These two buttons, the big one's for water, the small one's for soap."

"That's drinking water?"

"Yes."

"Oh, and I can't believe that I have to say this, but when you pee or take a dump you use that hole in the corner. That's the toilet. No matter how bored or frustrated you get, you don't throw things around or create works of art or anything. You can do whatever you want in your cell, we're pretty easy-going, but this is where we draw the line. Understood?"

It was a reasonable policy, so I nodded, trying my best to look serious.

"No painting the walls with shit, copy."

"We also don't tolerate self-harm. There's very serious punishments for that. Clear?"

"Clear."

He pointed to a slot in the ceiling.

"Food rations will fall from there. You get two rations per day and you will eat them. They don't taste like much, but they are personalized and have all the nutrients you need. We also have high-pressure water from the ceiling that we can activate if you make a mess. I suggest you don't do that, the water is not heated."

Pretty convenient, I thought. In other places they just hosed you down from the outside. Here they could keep sitting on their asses and didn't have to drag a fire hose around.

"When you get visitors in the yard, the system will announce them and you will present yourself and keep your mouth shut until they release you from that pose or leave the court. You'll get a chance to practice later when the nurse comes around. Any citizen may come to this courtyard, for a fee, and purchase tokens that they can use on you. They come in different types, but the most popular ones are punishment tokens of varying severity."

"Punishment tokens ...?"

"Yes. I take it this isn't the first time you're wearing a neural control collar?"

I gulped. Fuck. That wasn't good.

"I see you understand," said Earl. "Now, you have two registered victims on file. They receive a budget of free tokens per week that they can use should they choose to do so. You can ask your fellow inmates or figure out the details yourself. You got time. And now kneel and I'll unlock you."

I knelt down on the mattress and let him remove the cuffs, the shackles, and the belly chain.

"I'll check back later with the nurse."

Examination

I didn't have to wait long. After I had relieved myself on the toilet -- in plain sight of everyone -- I heard a robotic female voice from a loudspeaker.

"Visitor for seventeen."

Four red circles started flashing -- two inside the glass of my cell door at the height of my head and two on the floor. The top and bottom circles were each one meter apart from each other. It wasn't hard to guess what they meant.

I walked towards the door and placed my hands and feet on their designated circles. As soon as I stood there, arms and legs spread in my presentation pose, the flashing turned into a solid red. A green circle appeared to my left.

"Good afternoon," said a middle-aged woman in a white lab coat, carrying a medical bag. Earl followed two steps behind with his own set of equipment.

"Good-"

I had barely opened my mouth when searing pain shot through my body. It wasn't too bad, just a level one shock, but enough that I left my pose. The red circles started to flash again.

"Back into position," warned Earl. "Or it'll get worse."

I quickly re-assumed my position.

"What did I tell you? You keep your mouth shut until you're released. Understood?"

I almost said yes, but then I nodded. That's what you get for trying to be polite, I thought.

"Good," said Earl. "I'm glad you're a quick learner."

He tapped the green circle on the cell door, which turned yellow, and the red circles disappeared. I was released.

"A proper warning would have been nice," I complained.

"I did warn you and I set it to level one for practice. Starting now it's back on the default, level three. You've had neural discipline before? You're familiar with the five standard levels?"

I nodded. Level one was just a warning, two was really bad, and from three on up I usually pissed myself.

"Good. So in the future make sure to maintain your pose. Legs spread, mouth shut. And now we will do an inspection, we do these once in a while. Get on your knees on the mattress, butt towards me, hands behind your back."

I did exactly as I was told.

The cell door opened and I felt handcuffs close around my wrists, pulled up, and hooked to the chain, uncomfortably high on my back. My legs were secured using a telescope bar that left my private parts exposed.

"There's no need for this," I said and blew him a mock kiss. "I'm happy to spread my legs for you, big guy. All you gotta do is ask."

"Because you are so great at following instructions," said Earl.

It was a fair point.

"I'm Chatham," said the nurse, while donning latex gloves. "Do you have any medical conditions? Or anything else I should be aware of that you haven't mentioned during intake?"

"No. The R9 implant maybe? It's for birth control, to regulate hair growth and stuff like that. Probably showed up on the scan."

"That's on the approved list, everyone here got one. As for health checks, the collar monitors your vital signs, if there's anything off, we will know and act accordingly. All that's left is checking you for contraband. Open your mouth."

She pulled a dental gag from her bag and pushed it into my mouth. After it was cranked up and locked, she checked me with a small flashlight and removed the gag.

"Excellent teeth. By the way, you look a lot younger than the thirty-four years I have on file. Did you have any work done?"

"I had rejuvenation a year ago. My bio age got bumped down to twenty-three."

"Ah, that would explain it. Must have cost a pretty penny. Now, head down and butt up."