All Comments on 'Panopticon'

by farbeyondourstars

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
GortmundyGortmundy3 months ago

Ive been working my way through your work. This was an absolutely great story. Loved it.

farbeyondourstarsfarbeyondourstars3 months agoAuthor

Thank you! Panopticon is my favorite, it was the one that motivated me to get back into writing after a long break :)

GortmundyGortmundy2 months ago

Funny thing, I studied criminology at College and Foucault (and Bentham etc) were part of the course.

farbeyondourstarsfarbeyondourstars2 months agoAuthor

Bentham is quite the colorful character. Utilitarianism was a topic in my moral philosophy course years ago and many years later I stumbled upon his Panopticon concept, which apparently had been implemented in Cuba. Obviously, it's a horrible idea from a humanitarian point of view, but it fits nicely into my Galactic Odyssey dystopia.

In any case, it was interesting writing a story that more or less took place in a single room where nothing ever happens :)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userfarbeyondourstars@farbeyondourstars
If you're looking for dystopian science fiction, you've come to the right place. Feel free to send me DMs with feedback and content suggestions or join my Discord server: https://discord.com/invite/SCRZzMcfhW (with free eBooks of some of my stories!) Not a native speaker, so ...