Paramour to a Star

Story Info
Some girls have all the luck.
5.2k words
4.41
15.9k
5
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What an insane day!" Lori Richards threw her purse on the couch, startling her sleeping cat.

Taking a deep breath, she headed for the kitchen and made herself a Rum and Coke, fully intending on enjoying her first free evening in weeks. Suddenly her phone rang, and a muffle curse exploded from her lips.

"Hello?" Her voice was irritable and edgy.

"Lori, I know you've worked a million days and nights in a row, but I've got to talk to you."

"Is it business Mark?" Lori cringed as soon as she heard her boss' voice.

"Yes, it is."

She heaved a disgusted sigh. She worked at an upscale resort in the mountains of Colorado, and the rich, sophisticated people that stayed there were usually pompous and absolutely ridiculous with their demands. When Lori moved to the area, she started out as a lowly manager, but now, she practically owned the place. The only person higher on the totem pole than she was, was Mark.

"Well? Are you going to talk, or just keep me on the phone ruining my evening?"

Mark laughed. "You're a vicious bitch sometimes, lovely."

"Why thank you. That's what happens when ya work for two months straight without a moment for yourself." Lori pointed out, blatantly reminding him that he had just spent six weeks on a Caribbean island.

"Yours is coming sweetheart. What is it? Two weeks until your generous amount of time off?"

Taking a long drink of her beverage, she finally replied, "Yes. And I do not want to hear your voice the entire time."

Mark burst out laughing. "You're lucky you're the best thing that's ever happened to me and my company, or I'd fire you for that remark little lady."

"Oh, be honest. You just keep me around because I'm eye candy." At that, Lori started laughing.

"Absolutely. Why do you think so many men stay at our resort? I might even have to get a divorce and whisk you off and force you to marry me." Mark attempted to sound serious, but ruined it with a deep chuckle.

"Oh Mark, you're just what I needed." Lori gasped when she stopped giggling. She must've put a little too much Rum in her drink, because she was already feeling it.

"Don't flatter me. I haven't told you the news yet."

"Oh that's right. I forgot this was an official call. I was too busy badgering you." She paused to take another sip, cradling the phone between her ear and her shoulder. "So, what is it?"

"A very famous, very special guest will be staying with us this week. He wants absolute privacy, and will in fact be wearing a disguise when he checks in. Under a false name. He said he'll be staying in his rooms most of the time, and when he does leave, it will be in disguise. He needs a break from the publicity, and needs to be out of the eye of the general population. I told him that we would be most discreet, and that we would appreciate his business."

"Okay. So who is this mystery man?"

"Johnny Depp."

"Holy shit!"

"Holy shit is right. That's basically what I said."

"Holy shit!" Lori's drink sloshed in the glass as she sat up abruptly.

"Darling, I know you have a better vocabulary than that!" Mark laughed into her ear.

"You're right of course, but... I cannot believe this!"

"Neither can I. But he checks in tomorrow morning at 10 a.m."

"Good lord."

"I don't know what his 'disguise' will be, but he's registered as Josh Dupree."

"Okay. I'm still reeling from this." Lori's eyes were huge, and she could hardly believe her ears. They'd had famous people stay before, but no one as big as him.

"And please Lori, don't fawn all over him. Treat him like a normal human being."

"Damn you Mark, have I ever acted like that towards any of the stars that have stayed with us?" Lori was instantly offended.

"No, no, you haven't. Don't take offense. I know how much you enjoy him, that's all." She could hear the smile in Mark's voice.

"Okay. I can handle this. Do we have the usual staff to help out with his personal needs?" Lori was thinking ahead to her most trusted employees, the ones they put in charge of room service and all that when celebrities stay.

"Well.... Not exactly."

"What do you mean, 'not exactly'?"

Lori heard Mark's hesitation, and asked the question again.

"I told him I'd entrust him to the best I had."

"Okay, so who?"

"You."

"Holy shit!"

"Your language is fit for a sailor." Mark laughed again.

"What do you mean, I'm the best you had? What am I going to be doing?"

"Delivering his meals, and being his beck and call girl. He doesn't want the staff to see him for fear someone, no matter how trust worthy, would alert the press. That's why it has to be you."

"Why do I feel like I've just been dethroned? I practically own the place, and I all of a sudden get to be Johnny Depp's slave."

"Darling, most women would think that's an honor."

"I'll do it because it is an honor. And he is devastatingly handsome, and if you don't watch it, I'll run away with him instead of you!" Lori laughed.

"Don't you dare!" Mark warned with mock severity.

"All right. I'm going to finish my drink, and go to bed. Apparently I have a big week ahead of me."

"You do. There isn't anyone I'd rather have doing it."

They said their good byes, and Lori let her head fall back against the plush back of the couch. Johnny Depp. Good god. Swallowing the rest of her drink in a few gulps, she took the glass to the kitchen and set it in the sink.

"Holy shit."

~*~*~*~*~*~

The next morning, Lori took extra care in her appearance. She curled her hair and put on a little extra make up, then eyed her wardrobe critically.

She finally decided on a pair of brown slacks that flared out slightly at the bottom, and a cream button up blouse that's neckline was high cut enough to be modest, but low enough to be intriguing if viewed from the right angle. She pulled on a pair of brown dress boots, and threw the matching blazer on, leaving it unbuttoned. Simple gold hoop earrings completed her ensemble.

Lori walked to the cheval mirror and inspected her appearance. The outfit was perfect, the pants tight enough to reveal well shaped legs, but not so tight they were vulgar. The shirt and jacket showed off her figure, perfectly accenting her waist. She was voluptuous. Curvy. And all woman.

She ran her fingers through her hair, shaking and lifting it, separating the strands so that it didn't look so sleek. Ruffling it up, she flipped her head over and shook it some more. When she finally returned upright, her hair framed her face in flowing waves, with enough height and volume to make her look sexy, not like an eighties reject. The brown was her natural, but the lighter brown she had weaved into it looked completely natural there as well. Big blue eyes looked back at her and they twinkled, filled with excitement for the day.

"All right. Here goes nothing."

~*~*~*~

The drive to work was treacherous. The hilly, curving roads were blanketed with snow that was falling progressively faster. The farther she drove, the worse it got. Lori ended up being twenty minutes late for work over it, and she was decidedly frazzled when she did arrive.

Immediately, there were people at her side, telling her about one problem after another. Forty five minutes later, all problems were solved or being fixed, and she got to take her first breath since she left her house that morning.

Glancing at the clock above the desk, Lori started. It was five minutes until ten, and their special guest should be arriving at any time. Eyeing every person that walked through the door, she immediately discarded them all as possibilities of being Johnny Depp.

When ten o'clock came and went, Lori began to worry. Several people had checked in, and several checked out early, not wishing to be caught in the midst of the blizzard that was about to strike.

It was almost eleven when the lobby doors opened, and an old man stepped through. He walked with a limp and used a cane, and he was huddled beneath his heavy winter coat. A scarf was wound around his neck, and a hat was pulled down over his ears, shielding him from the cold. He seemed to be having difficulty, so Lori rushed around the desk to his side.

"Sir, let me help you. It's terrible out there, isn't it?"

The man didn't answer, but he let her take his arm and guide him to the desk.

He leaned heavily against it for support, and made no move to remove his scarf or hat, or reach for identification.

"Sir? Are you all right?" Lori had retreated behind the desk, but started to walk back around to assist the man if he needed it.

"I'm fine." A raspy voice replied from somewhere beneath the scarf.

"Are you sure?" Lori frowned, unsure of what exactly to do.

"Yes. Now, Miss Richards, if you'd please escort me to my room."

"Of course. What's your name please." She brought up the menu on the computer, but froze as he spoke. And he knew her name.

"Josh Dupree."

A smile curved the corners of her mouth slightly, and she looked up at him through her lashes. "Of course, Mr. Dupree."

At that, he lifted one hand, and tipped his hat upward slightly, and winked.

"Lucky the storm broke, isn't it?" Lori let her smile break out.

"Absolutely. It was a great help."

"I'd say." Lori beamed at him, and entered the information into the computer quickly.

"Mr. Dupree, would you like some assistance to your room?" Lori's eyes narrowed as a couple approached the front door.

He ducked down into his scarf and pulled his hat down slightly before answering. "Yes, Miss Richards. That would be very kind of you."

Lori picked up the phone and dialed an extension. She spoke briefly to one of the employees, asking her to come and help the customers.

Seconds later, the woman rounded the corner and took Lori's place at the desk, just as the couple arrived.

Lori reached her arm out to Mr. Dupree, and he took it, pulling her closer. "These old bones aren't what they used to be." He said, for the benefit of everyone watching.

He limped and hung onto Lori with surprising strength. They reached the elevators and she reached to press the button. They waited in momentary silence for the doors to open, and once they did, she helped him wobble in.

The doors shut, and he stretched himself to his full height and rolled his shoulders back, releasing Lori's arm.

"That feels so much better. I can't wait to get into my suite." He said, in his normal voice.

"I'll bet. How did you know who I was?" Lori asked, amused.

"Well, Mark gave me a pretty good description. An excellent one actually. I knew it had to be you." He flashed her a grin that she only half saw, because of that damn scarf.

"Of course he did." Lori smiled back, almost feeling giddy. Still, she controlled herself and acted like the professional she was.

"Miss Richards, why aren't you gushing and telling me how much you adore my work?" He spoke abruptly, narrowing his eyes at her.

"I.. oh.. Well, I.. I can't imagine that's what you want, considering your need for escape." Lori felt herself color a little, not only at the question, but at her faltering answer.

"You wound my pride." He assumed a pained look.

"I wouldn't want to do that. You're my favorite actor ever, you're sexy as sin, and I fantasize about you every single day." She heaved an exaggerated sigh. "Is that better?" A smirk crept across her lips.

"Absolutely. Thank you. Now I can rest easy."

Lori gave a startled laugh, and shook her head. "No, Mr. Depp. You've got your choice of leading ladies, and I'm sure that little old me wouldn't be one of them." She smiled, and was shocked that she was actually flirting and bantering with him.

The bell dinged, announcing their arrival at the proper floor, and at the same time he stooped and pulled his scarf up, the doors opened. He took control of her arm, propelling her forward, which was odd considering she was supposed to be helping him.

"This is it." Lori stopped in front of the door and withdrew the key from her pocket. Unlocking it, she pushed the door open and 'helped' him step inside. He turned and shut the door quickly, straightening again.

"My back is going to be screwed up for a month over this." He winced.

"Perhaps a different disguise would've been a better choice." Lori smiled.

"Perhaps." One corner of his mouth turned up, and Lori felt her eyes being drawn to his full, seductive lips.

"Well, I'll leave you be until you decide you need me to be your beck and call girl." Lori started to turn, but his words stopped her.

"Why don't you stay? I was just beginning to enjoy your company."

"Only just? Now my pride is hurt." Lori watched as his fingers took hold of the scarf and he unwound it, throwing it onto a chair. The hat quickly followed.

"Now we're even. Actually, I've been enjoying it. It's both refreshing and unnerving to have someone not trip all over themselves around me." Johnny reached up and pulled the elastic band out of his hair, running his fingers through his shoulder length tresses.

"How upsetting for you." Lori grinned, trying not to watch his fingers shift through this hair.

"It truly is." He smirked. "Are you okay with being my slave? Mark was very adamant about you being trust worthy and the best. I need the best."

"I am trust worthy, and I'll admit I am the best. I started my job as a manager, now I'm more involved in it than Mark is, and he owns it. It's very unfortunate, for I got the brains and the beauty." Lori laughed, and their special guest joined in.

"You know you were wrong." Lori watched his tongue prod the inside of his cheek after he finished speaking.

"About what?"

"You not being a leading lady."

"Flattery won't get ya anywhere." She smiled.

"I'm not flattering you. I'm being serious."

"I'll take your word for it. Now, if you don't mind, I've got to get back to work. Call down to the desk if you need me, Mr. Depp."

"Johnny." He added.

"Johnny." She liked the way his named rolled from her tongue.

She smiled and turned towards the door, and Johnny watched every step she took.

~*~*~*~*~

The next two days were nerve wracking for Lori. Every time someone would enquire about a guest, she'd get nervous, hoping she wouldn't betray their famous guests' identity. No one ever asked about him, for him, or even if he was there. It seemed they were pulling their scheme off without a hitch. For that, Lori was eternally grateful.

The third day, Johnny seemed to need her assistance in everything. Breakfast, the paper. A visit. Lunch, another visit. A leaking faucet, which she herself had to attempt to fix. Back and forth she went, doing his bidding, until she knew he was testing her. At his last call, she slammed down the phone, and marched to the elevator.

The ride seemed to take less time than it ever had, and with each second her frustration mounted. The bell rang, and she stepped through the opening doors. Striding down the hall, she drew herself up short as her eyes fell upon the special guest.

The door to his suite was open, and there he stood. His shoulders were propped against the doorjamb, his arms crossed over his chest. When he caught sight of her, one hand raised, and his thumb idly caressed his bottom lip.

Lori took a deep breath, and continued marching forward. She stopped in front of him, planting her hands on her hips.

"Please, step into your room sir. I've a few things to say to you."

A smirk quirked the corner of his mouth. "Of course Miss."

He pushed off the door frame and walked inside, and Lori followed, shutting the door behind her.

"This is about to be very unprofessional, but I can't help it. I've been a nervous wreck since Mark called to tell me you were staying here. Now that you are here, I've not stopped doing anything and everything for you!" Lori halted, running a hand up through her hair, brushing it off her forehead. "It is an honor, and I enjoy having you here, but you're running me ragged. No one else was brought in to pick up the slack, and I think the other guests are suffering. Not that they're as important as you, but.. You see.. I.."

Lori's tirade drifted off as the celebrity she so admired licked his lips and began walking towards her.

"Go on, Miss Richards. This was just getting good." Johnny said, amusement tingeing his voice.

"Well.. I just can't.. I'm sorry." Lori tried to control her roiling emotions. "I apologize. That was very unprofessional. I apologize."

"No, I enjoy being taken a task. Do continue." He stepped right in front of her and crossed his arms over his chest.

"I refuse. It was completely senseless. I apologize." Lori went to move back, but his hand stopped her.

"It was refreshing. And endearing. I'll admit that I called you in here seventy-five percent of the time just to be around you." His hand slid up the back of Lori's neck, and tangled in her hair.

Lori's mouth opened in surprise, and her mind stumbled as she tried to find the right words.

Suddenly, his mouth swooped down, and Lori gasped, unsure of what to do. At the last possible second, Johnny's head turned and his lips pressed against her ear.

"Just spend some time with me. Come up after you get off work. I promise I won't make you do my laundry." His teeth nipped at Lori's earlobe when he finished speaking.

"I don't think that would be a wise choice." Lori shivered, her eyes flitting shut briefly.

"I'm not in the mood for wise choices, sweetheart."

"I understand." Lori pulled back, and he hesitantly let her go.

"You'll come back?" He lifted one brow in inquiry.

"We'll see." Lori straightened her blouse, and ran her fingers through her hair.

"I'd like to hear a 'yes', Miss Richards. If I don't, I'll call the desk every ten minutes asking for something." Johnny smiled, letting her know he was joking.

"I don't doubt it." Lori stated, as she turned and walked to the door.

"Lori?"

"Yes?" She turned and glanced over her shoulder.

"Please?"

Lori made no reply as she stepped through the door and closed it behind her.

~*~*~*~*~*~

The rest of the day took turns flying past and creeping by. Lori did her job. She helped customers, sorted out problems, and twice the phone rang and she was paged, only to find Johnny Depp on the other end, telling her he missed her. By the time quitting time rolled around, she was a bundle of nervous energy.

To stay or not to stay, that was the question.

Suddenly she decided. Her life wasn't anything special, and she rarely did anything for herself. She left. After moving her car so no one would see it, she grabbed her overnight case from the trunk. She always kept it in there stocked with clothes and necessities in case of bad weather. Today she was thankful for her foresight.

A half hour after she was scheduled off, she rode up the elevator and knocked on Johnny's door.

As he opened it, a smirk curved his lips. "A little presumptuous, aren't we?"

"No, I'm not. But I will need it. I won't be driving home tonight." Her face flushed.

"Come in my dear. Just where do you plan on staying?" Johnny moved from the door and leaned his hips against the back of the couch. Music hummed in the background.

The door shut behind her with a decisive click. She was slightly aggravated he was baiting her, and she let her suitcase thump to the carpet. Planting her hands on her hips, she finally spoke. "Where do you think?"

There was that damn smirk again. A man had never looked so sexy with his lips tilted like that. And this time his eyebrows rose slightly in surprise.

The silence grew as they watched each other.

So did the sexual tension. Lori started. For some reason, Johnny Depp was attracted to her. She was befuddled. She knew why she wanted him. It didn't take a genius to figure that out. But him to her? She shook her head.

"I shouldn't have come. I apologize." Lori stooped to pick up her overnight bag. "I am sorry. I'll see you in the morning." She didn't meet his eyes. Keeping her gaze down on the floor, she was startled to feel his hand stop her..

12