All Comments on 'Parent Teacher Conference Ch. 01'

by Lechone

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Nice start.

Nice start, I enjoyed it. Keep it going.

SeaBassKitSeaBassKitover 13 years ago
Great Start ...

I have very rarely sent a comment on a story, but felt I had to here, and this is not meant as a put-down : You need to find and trust an editor. Your story is wonderful and I look forward to the next part.

My main complaint (and you just happened to have pushed the button) is writers who rely on Spell-check rather than a dictionary, as in Defiantly, as opposed to definitely, which I believe you intended in every case. I have many other gripes (Not with you!) such as Heel/Heal, Waist/waste, Affect/effect, and so on. Spell-check says the wor id spelled coreectly, not used corrctly. Please send more!

SeaBassKitSeaBassKitover 13 years ago
Well, THAT went well...

Lechone, I must eat some crow here: As I sent my comments, I noticed the last few words and my blunders there! Talk about needing an editor!

Keep up the good work, and maybe I should pay more attention to Spell-check!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Good Story, Miserable Writing

I wish, for example, that you knew the difference between "definitely" and "defiantly". So far it's a good story, but it would be lots better if you could have a literate friend read it over for you before tossing it to the winds.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I agree with Anonymous

You really need to learn to spell...but it was a GOOD story. I enjoyed it...but would have enjoyed it more if you had not misspelled definitely. (Sorry, but that is a major pet peeve with me!)

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
You're looking

to use the word definitely not defiantly.

Those are two very different words, plesase look them up.

xtremeddxtremeddover 13 years ago
To be continued... and I certainly hope so.

L,

I've defiantly made spelling errors on many previous works. Forest for the trees and all that. Stair at the stars long enough and they'll move and they move but words....static sight error, my spotter called it. Let those with out sins ... or stories?

Great work L. Waiting to read Ch 2.

Thanks for sharing on Lit.

x

ps - spellchecked, yes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Sorry wrong genere

It was OK for erotic coupling. But definitely not a romance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Misspellings be damned, it's the PUNCTUATION!

Who cares about the bad spelling? Well, I do, but the horrible thing is that the author hasn't seemed to learn about the literary device known as a COMMA!

It drives me crazy that so many LIT authors don't bother to get SOMEBODY to edit their stuff. Why spend so much time and then turn in such a half-assed effort? This punctuation makes me feel like I'm reading eighth grade level work, which is kind of creepy in this context.

I wish this site would make it mandatory to make a story somewhat readable.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous