All Comments on 'Passions of Crime'

by Vortinaut

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
VortinautVortinautover 3 years agoAuthor
My third story

My first two stories were short pieces that only hinted at much larger stories. For this one, I wanted to try writing a longer story that could be considered complete all on its own. Of course, if the demand is there, James and Camille could always return for future unrelated adventures. I enjoyed writing both characters very much, and I think they're interesting enough to warrant further exploration.

I also enjoyed the extra challenge of writing a period piece. Making a story and characters that are believable for a real-world historical era is never easy. Even for a simple sex story that's fairly light on details, a surprising amount of research was required. I have always been fond of crime dramas and the Windy City, so this story is intended as a loving homage to great films like The Untouchables. Welbry's whirlwind, off-the-reservation, 24-hour adventure is also a tip of the hat to the legendary Jack Bauer.

Speaking of Chicago and police procedurals, Mandrill is a reference to the corrupt Alderman Gibbons, ably played by the great Delroy Lindo, in The Chicago Code, a fantastic show tragically canceled before its first season had finished airing. Perhaps now under Disney, Fox will finally learn to give great shows a chance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
My 2 cents

A great story (I think). I usually don't read who done it stories, but I took a chance. I was in law enforcement for 36 years and had enough of that. I read for pleasure now. I liked the characters and the time period that you wrote the story in. Thanks for your time and imagination.

VortinautVortinautover 3 years agoAuthor
Re: 2 cents

Thanks, Anonymous! Good to know I wasn't too far off on the law enforcement perspective. I didn't really think of it as a whodunit, since the bad guy is identified in the first five paragraphs, but it does still have the mystery and clues aspects. Perhaps a whydunit, if there is such a thing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
That was great.

5*s I really enjoyed it

VortinautVortinautover 3 years agoAuthor
Re: great

Thanks, glad you liked it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Sorry

Stopped reading. A who done it story in „you“ format just is too awkward.

VortinautVortinautover 3 years agoAuthor
Re: sorry

I can see where you're coming from. Second person puts the reader in the main character's shoes, and being told what you've figured out may be annoying if you've actually figured out more or less than that. Maybe someday I'll try first or third person stories.

stewartbstewartb6 months ago

I've read a lot of literotica police/detective stories but this one was really "twisty". Good read.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userVortinaut@Vortinaut
Hi everyone! Vortinaut here. I've been a big fan of Literotica and its awesome community for many years. Also a big fan of reading, and writing, and sex, and porn, and reading porn, and writing porn. I guess you could say I'm a long time reader, long time writer, first time ...