All Comments on 'Pawn Among Wolves Ch. 11'

by SmileWhenYouMeanIt

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Don't Stop! Sooo Good!

This is just such a wonderful story!

This was the first non-human story on this site that I read--and well, the first paranormal romance story in general that I ever read. Since then, I've read quite a few were/shifter romances and noticed that you avoid the typical story lines and character traits that many amateur stories and even professional e-books or books rely on.

You aren't relying on the expected were mythology. I love how their relationship has progressed and that it wasn't the I-smell-this-human-girl-for-the-first-time-and-growl-mine love story. Gemma had to learn to run and walk as a wolf. You obviously have thought through many of the often-overlooked problems and story conflicts that exist in this genre. Thank you, thank you, for not involving the billionaire BDSM or Breeder themes that so many of the e-books carry (not that there's anything wrong with that--it all has its place). Mac and Gemma just seem normal.

Also, thank you for not engaging in conspicuous consumption and God-awful label gorging. Maybe it's because you're British (I assume). Not that all Brits are so restrained--I've seen Jordan/Katie Price and your WAGS.

Thank you for writing this. I don't know if you are so inclined, but this would make such a good book.

jwoodiejwoodiealmost 11 years ago
Excellent, as usual

Well worth the wait. Nick needs to come to a particularly sticky end, but I'm torn between wanting to hurry that and wanting to enjoy more of your excellent writing. Decisions, decisions. I hope Gemma and Natasha can at least tolerate each other.

pulcherpulcheralmost 11 years ago
WOW

Your writing never seizes to impress me. You improve with every chapter. I am hoping that you won't end it too soon, because there are still so many things to address with all the plot lines in this story. Will stalked the sites for a new update as always :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Awesome!!!

I think this is my favorite chapter so far. Really enjoyed it

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
EXCELLENT

KEEP WRITING LIKE THAT AND YOUR GOING TO HAVE EVERYONE BEGGING ON THEIR KNEES FOR MORE OF YOUR MAGNIFICENT WORK

123udontknowme123udontknowmealmost 11 years ago
Love it and very refreshing...

Refreshing because not many werewolf stories stray from the usual topics relating to them. You have brought about a new world with so many new terms that I constantly have to look up or remember what they mean. It's not a bad thing, I'm just saying how refreshing it is. There's so many things that are different in your story that make me feel like I don't know everything about werewolves. :P

Hopefully Gemma can find out how the masking scent is made and possibly find a way to create a vial of something that allows you to smell them... or just drag humans around, which I'm sure is unlikely. I also hope she can control herself a lot better when she knows she's going overboard. Yes, takes time and time I'm willing to wait to read more stories!

Don't stop!

PaganKittyPaganKittyalmost 11 years ago
Just do me ONE favor...

STOP WITH THE EUGH CRAP! She's been through hell...not much should make her say EUGH or EWW anymore! And why would Gemma go into a blind rage when she's convinced herself that Natasha is his sister?? Come on now...time for some clarity. Love how you've kept it all together, but damn. The blind rages and the incessant need for sex is just going a bit overboard now. Their lives have been in danger and all she can think of is getting fucked?? Self preservation is a bigger block than that I would think. =^_^=PK

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

I saw you had a new chapter posted and was like, "Finally! It has been forever! About time!" And then I read it. . .and realized the reason. A gorgeous masterpiece! Keep up the excellent work. I so enjoy your story. I had forgotten what a pleasure it is to get lost in your world. . . And they're ENGAGED!!!!!!!!! *madly dancing in happiness*

cantfightfatecantfightfatealmost 11 years ago
This was an awesome chapter!

Don't apologize for it! Very satisfying progress, even if most of it was them messing around. I've been wanting to see them focus on each other again and this was perfect. It's nice to see their relationship develop.

Looking forward to more. You can include as much messing around as you like ;)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Finally Engaged!!

I'm so glad they are engaged. It was great that Mac wants her to not only be his songmate but wife! Fully expect him to demand she promise to Love, Honor and OBEY! ;-) I would love to see a little more of the story from Mac's point of view. It's been a while since you've done that. LOVED that he is willing to do away with that evil cub if need be. (As twisted as it feels to admit that. Theirs is a tougher world) Have to say I could also do without the EUGH's and repetitive Oh's and Wow's and Yes, Yes etc. I understand that you're trying to convey her losing herself in her lust, but it is tedious to read and actually breaks the spell. It isn't necessary. Plus, it just makes her seem silly and juvenille, which she often times is, but it's time for her to grow up a bit. She's a scientist after all, and now also an Alfamme. It's time she becomes the woman she needs to be for herself and her mate. Hope they free Natasha and soon, but do not want to see any kind of sharing of Mac. Gemma is his mate and Natasha will just have to find someone else.

All of that said, I'm anxiously awaiting the next chapter. Mac is definitely the most delicious of Alpha's and his relationship with Gemma is unique in this genre. I really hope we see them with beautiful cubs when all is said and done. :-)

pheobecharmedpheobecharmedalmost 11 years ago
love it

No apology necessary. Love when he proposes. And when he stuffs olives in that guys mouth, hilarious. Please hurry with the next chap can't wait for Nick to get what's coming too him

maxd01maxd01almost 11 years ago
Evenin

I had to think long and hard when I started this story. I will explain why I said that in a few moments. First the story itself is well written with only a few errors to me. (I failed english so take that with a block of salt...) The plot is well thought out, your lycan's are definitely unique and are different from many out there. That in and of itself is very nice.

Now come some opinions and they are just that opinions. I know this is supposed to be a Literate Erotic site but when the first half dozen or more chapters are 2 pages of sex and 1 page of sort of moving the plot forward it started dragging out. I started skipping most of the sex scenes since they were sort of more of the same. The same goes for everytime she/he thought of the other it was a page of fantasies and then a bit of moving the plot forward.

Another thing that sort of bothered me was she was never asked what actually happened to her, or I don't remember her being asked. She did try to tell them but they blew her off and as far as I can tell went with what everyone else had to say. I can see that is part of the plot to keep the contention going but I still find it sort of strange that they never actually even pretended to ask. She could have given some good testimony even if only a few actually believed it. As with any other court of law there are always those that are only going to believe what they think the testimony means.

Having said all that I do wish that they had a 4.5 star since that is what I would give it. Good job. (Oh, plug, you might like what I am writing...)

katgoddess1katgoddess1almost 11 years ago
Awesome story!

I love the way they dare to love each other fully, every single moment. Together they dare to plan for the future, defying the odds that she may go insane. So intense! More please!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Dont even go there

Do not EVER say sorry for having a long chapter. Ohmygod, I could not get enough. It takes awhile for you to post a new chapter, but by God when you do they are fantastic. If anything they are not long enough! You have so much talent, I love the plot and cannot wait for Nick to get what he deserves. Please please please, write more soon and post! Cant wait to see what happens :D Thank you so much!

~Jess

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
More Please

Hi,

It's me again, just wanted to say AWESOME!!!

Sandra

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
beautiful

Beautiful.

AcalAcalalmost 11 years ago
omg

I just found this story yesterday spent all evening yesterday and all day today (9 hours... geez) reading this amazing book. You do everything so well, an editor or beta reader would help a lot with the repetitive things, but wow this has been so amazing. I'm just glad I only just discovered it now, the long waits would kill me! But I know what that's like as a writer myself :D

witchmdwitchmdover 10 years ago
Loving it!

I've spent the past few days reading all the chapters. It's really good. But a good editor would smooth some of the rough edges. The story gets hard to follow at times. A bit jumbled. Other than that I'm loving this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Loved it!!!

Great,really fabulous work.

Your sense of flair and expression is amazing. You really should get published. I for one would really love to buy it. When is the next chapter releasing?

dairetodairetoover 10 years ago
Hated this chapter

Seemed very inconsistent - drove me batty.

It is a good story though, just this chapter was not a good one for me

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
im getting there

i do like your story, the storyline is refreshing and I like mac. im not liking gemma so much though, would like to see her character mature and be a help to mac as an alpha, too much getting lost in lust and rage for me that I skip these pages. she's meant to be intelligent shes a scientist but that intellegience isn't coming across.

however I like where youre taking the story and looking forward to reading more.

shari

superfeluously_esuperfeluously_ealmost 10 years ago
Simply Awesome!!!

The passion between Gemma and Mac is unlike anything I have read on Literotica. Bravo!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Gemma

Good writing but Gemma comes across as a hollow figure- like she has nothing going for her personality or character wise than to sit around and shiver for Mac. The internal dialogue is really grating too "good wolf" "bad wolf" "no no oh" etc

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Still amazing

I read your story a few years ago and got to chapter 14 or so, then life got in the way and I put it down for awhile (aka a few years). But here I am and god your fantastic! Your writing is amazing and I've been overcome by more than one fit of giggles. Amazing. I cannot wait to see where this turns out!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Hot, hot, hot!

People, I hope you have fire insurance because this chapter is fire!

MickeyKMickeyKover 3 years ago

Happy to take a break from all the fighting and running! This is a great chapter and I agree don’t apologize Ever for Anything not even if it IS too long because news flash it isn’t!!! I’ve read stories on here that have 14, 20, 30 and so on so THIS IS SHORT by comparison! It’s YOUR BABY you’re the ONLY one who has the say! Yeah read and consider comments but it’s YOUR BABY PERIOD!!! Write about what YOU want to write about for as long as you need to make the pages so that EVERYTHING makes sense!! Instead of being Garbled and hard to follow! What I’d LOVE to know is WHERE did all that rage she had COME FROM!?! Was it Mac was in pain, Natasha’s in pain being tortured and she Did see through him some images! And we ALL know her HATRED ALL OF US HATE Nick and HE NEEDS TO GO!!! And I Know he Will in his own time! And Natasha and Mac having such a strong connection I think it’s because they DID mate before she was taken but Natasha ISN’T his TRUE mate let alone Songmate! No he found that amongst the HUMANS!!! Whom they’re all afraid of because, in MY opinion some Made Up Crap about all this beserkerness!!! But we’ll see! Loved what was happening In dining room and SO GLAD it wasn’t FINISHED there since she’s a Screamer!!! But IF Natasha survives I HOPE she DOESN’T come between him and his TRUE MATE!!! Gemma! This Most Unique Of Souls even the Wolflord Saw With His Own Eyes!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous