Pay It Forward Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers

"Hey Shelia, what's wrong?" Gianni asked. He was floored when Shelia told him all that occurred. "Look, Kara and I will be over in a few minutes. I'll call and cancel the reservations. We can go..." Shelia refused to allow them to miss their honeymoon.

"No, no Gianni. We are not in Bradford now; we're at your parent's home. Mr. MacGregor came and we came down early. We were having dinner here anyway. So go to the retreat, and enjoy your time together. I'll call later if anything new comes up. There's nothing you can do right now", she explained.

Gianni asked, "Who's at the house, Darren, Kevin?" He needed to talk to one of his brothers. "Kevin is here." Shelia smiled. "He's talking with Rodney. Darren and Michal went to the hospital to see their wives."

He said, "That figures. Shelia, can I speak with Kevin?" She called Kevin and gave him the phone. The two brothers talked and Kevin assured him he'd watch out for his new in-laws.

As he hung up, he looked at the gathering of people, and smiled. He then looked at Janice. She was sitting in a corner, quiet, as her grandmother spoke with her softly. He resolved that Virgil would pay. He and his brothers would make sure he did. Then he sipped the drink he was nursing as Rodney walked up and noticed that he was watching Janice.

"Kevin, he'll pay. I promise. No one hurts someone like he did her. And then tries that shit again." Rodney took a deep breath and said, "First, we need to make sure Janice and the kids are safe from him, then we'll beat him within an inch of his life." Kevin nodded in agreement.

Delia, being a perfect hostess, suggested the watch some movies until dinner. So the adults went to the in home theater. Not being used to having small kids around, they soon discovered that they had no child friendly movies. Shaun laughed and he and Rev Johnson agreed to take all three kids to the park for a few hours. The kids were excited about going out with grandpa.

Four hours later, the group was preparing to go to dinner. Michal and Darren had returned earlier and the young men played hoops. Dr. Simms and his wife Sara stopped by as well. They were gracious and kind. Soon Sharon and Clemmie came home. They were sieged by their men and for a few minutes and were preoccupied. Soon after, JJ came over. He was introduced to everyone and was just as gracious as his parents. The group sat down for dinner, and Janice was talking a bit more. The children had a blast, and soon were ready for ice cream. Jeffrey noticed his son was unusually quiet. He looked at him and nudged his wife. For the entire dinner, JJ eyes never left the face of the lovely young woman that was sitting across from him.

Jeffrey Simms, Jr. , JJ, watched Janice Johnson. She was such a lovely girl, and he couldn't understand why any man would want to hurt her the way that guy did. He knew his new friends would get payback, and he was in. Besides, he liked her. She was a good person and needed someone to stand up for her. The creep would pay.

Soon the dinner ended, and everyone was leaving. Reverend Johnson thanked Shaun for allowing them sanctuary for the day. Everyone hugged and said goodbye. JJ was smitten. He knew her name. He knew she lived in Bradford. She also had two children. He wasn't sure if she was a woman he wanted to pursue. But he'd do something he'd never done before, he'd be her friend. JJ thanked everyone for inviting him, and then he left.

Time passed and JJ made it his business to keep in touch with Janice. She was a single mom, and he was still playing around, so becoming involved romantically was not a good idea. He loved her twins. Trey was his little man and Tracy was his princess. He made sure every time he saw her, he did something with the twins.

He recalled the first time she was asked out by a guy she worked with, and she refused, but the guy asked again. JJ felt she needed to meet someone special, so he talked her into going out with the man. He informed the others and they all checked the guy out. He was a member of the church, but a decent guy. JJ didn't like him. Janice dated him for a few months, but things didn't work. JJ dated as well, but he dated less frequently. He'd rather be with Janice and the twins. He advised her on dealing with guys, and she listened to him whine about his girlfriends. When his parent's had their thirtieth anniversary party, Janice was his date. When her parent's celebrated their anniversary, JJ was there and he had a blast. Jeffrey and Sara liked Janice, and they adored the twins. They wondered how long would it take before their son realized, his heart was taken.

Kara's pregnancy advanced and she would soon give birth. Everyone was excited. Gianni was a nervous wreck. He'd actually turned down an internship in England, because he couldn't fathom being away from his wife and child. One night as they slept, Kara felt a sharp pain. It was time. Gianni rushed her to the hospital and called Donna. She called everyone else and the entire clan descended. Four hours later, Giovanni Merino Russo was welcomed into the world. The baby was beautiful. Gianni took one look at his son, and fell in love instantly.

Kara and Gianni were at home with Giovanni and everyone was content. Clemmie got great news and was able to transfer to a sister hospital in LA. One weekend, she Sharon, and Delia headed out to visit and help her finish setting up the house. While they were there, Delia decided to check in on her big brother, Dane. He was happy to hear from his baby sister. They actually were invited to dinner, and Michal didn't want to go.

When they arrived at his uncle's home, his housekeeper Penelope greeted them. She was a bit standoffish, but did her best to make them feel welcomed. "Well, well, well, if it's not the black sheep of the family, hey little sister." Dane greeted his sister with a hug. "Are you still married to that cretin?"

"Hey, that's my dad!' Michal interjected, ready to defend his dad. Laughing, Dane answered,

"Hell I know, you're acting just like him." He exhaled. "Welcome to my home. Even though, I'm hurt that it took you over three years to come over. How long have you been in LA nephew?"

Michal bristled, "Well, I've been busy. I have to work."

Looking beside him, Dane changed tactics, "And who are these lovely ladies?" Michal quickly wrapped a possessive arm around Clemmie.

"This is my fiancé Clem." Michal answered, wrapping a possessive arm around his lovely fiancé. Then just as protectively he introduced his sister-in-law, " This is my sister-in-law Sharon."

Delia laughed. "Dane, you are too old. Stop flirting, besides they are family, remember that." She asked, "Where are my nephew and niece?"

Dane, too laughed at Michal's possessiveness, but he understood. He even felt a bit jealous. "Well, Simon can't make it tonight; I'm sure a woman is the real cause. As for Marley, she is in Europe. She's been there for a few months. I'm going to find a new wife and have some more kids. Maybe I'll get it right this time."

Delia laughed and Michal relaxed. The family enjoyed dinner. At the end, Dane asked about the wedding. He was a bit hurt, when Clem realized a big error. "Mr. Dane, will you come to our wedding?" she asked sweetly.

Dane's eyes lit up. Then he glanced at his sister. "Yes. My dear, I'd be honored." She hugged him. As he hugged his sister, he whispered, "Tell Shaun I'm coming for a visit. Tell him to please don't shoot me. I was invited this time." Delia laughed as she hugged her big brother and promise to protect him from her husband.

Once they arrived back at Michal and Clemmie's home, Delia hugged her daughter, and thanked her for that small act of kindness. Time passed and Clemmie and Michal's wedding was fast approaching. They asked Reverend Johnson to officiate.

Things at Greater Tabernacle had calmed down. The other deacons investigated and learned the true nature of Virgil Cunnings. They learned that Janice was not the only woman he took advantage of. He was expelled from the Deacon board and asked to leave the church. Pastor Johnson was asked to come back and lead the church. He refused, but after being home for a month and driving Donna and his mother crazy. Donna sent him back to the church and he was once again reinstated as pastor.

The day before the wedding, Dane came. Shaun couldn't stand his brother-in-law. When he arrived, Delia made Shaun promise not to hit him. Dane greeted his sister with a hug and told her that he'd brought his son, Simon with him. Simon was tall, and with thick black hair, he and Michal could have been twins. Delia hugged her nephew and welcomed him into her home. Simon graciously returned her hug and thanked her. Shaun greeted his brother-in-law with a gruff handshake. He also welcomed Simon into their home. Simon acknowledged his uncle and wondered where his cousin was.

He asked his aunt where Michal was. He rarely talked to his cousin when he was in LA. They took great pains to avoid each other. She told him and he headed down to the gym where the guys were working out. On his way, he ran into Clemmie, Sharon, and the other women who were actually going out for the day. Kara was there but cranky, because of lack of sleep. Her son, Giovanni, had not quite adapted to a decent sleep schedule. But that little boy was the apple of her eye. She was apprehensive about leaving him with his dad for the day.

As if on cue, Gianni walked in carrying the cutest little boy. Kara's face lit up as she collected their son from his father. Everyone laughed. "Um excuse me, I'm looking for Michal." He interjected. All of the women looked at him and gasped.

He looked so much like Michal, Clem had to look twice. "Um, you must be Simon. I'm Clem, Michal's fiancé. He didn't tell me you were coming", she explained.

Simon smiled. He was quite used to garnishing second looks from many women. He knew he was one handsome specimen, as was his cousin. "I'm crashing your wedding. He didn't know I would be here. So, where is my lucky cousin?"

"Um, right behind you." Clem answered smiling removing her hand from his and moving quickly to Michal's side. She could tell from the angry furrowed frown on his face that he didn't like this man tuching her.

"Simon, what a surprise? I see you managed to come out of your cave. I wasn't expecting you for my wedding, however, you are welcomed." Michal greeted his cousin with veiled anger. Clemmie hugged him just a bit tighter, and he relaxed a bit.

Simon smiled. Ever since they were kids, he loved annoying his cousin. "Well. Maybe I should have sooner. I could have caught his young lovely woman's eye before she saw your ugly mug", he teased. Clem blushed. Michal tensed.

She hugged her man tightly, and soon realized how tense he was. "Baby, look at me.", she whispered. He turned and looked at his woman. "I choose you. I will always choose you. You never have to worry about any other man. I promise."

Michal looked into his woman's eyes and smiled. She loved him and only him. His cousin didn't stand a chance.

He laughed and faced his nemesis, "Well cousin, if you'd stop being an ass, you might meet someone almost as wonderful as my love." He kissed Clemmie's neck as she shoved him away playfully. Simon was surprised at how relaxed Michal was. He never seemed as comfortable or relaxed around him. He found that he actually preferred him relaxed.

Janice walked in and Simon was floored. Never in his life had he seen such an exquisite creature. He quickly moved to introduce himself. Janice noticed the gorgeous man approaching her and was stunned. No man had a right to look that good. At this point JJ walked in and witnessed what was about to happen. "NO! No way in hell!", he screamed inside as his body froze in fear that the one girl he really cared about might want someone else. JJ quickly moved to intercept Simon's interaction with Janice. Janice looked at her friend and wondered Why is he acting so strangely? He did tell me to get out there and date right?

Clem smiled "So that's your cousin. He's a good looking man, but I love and want only you. You have nothing to worry about." Then she kissed him gently.

The day of their wedding arrived. Neither was nervous, just anxious. The ceremony began and went smoothly as Michal and Clemmie pledged their love to one another and became one. Simon sat next to his father, watching the ceremony. He was happy for his cousin. He hoped that now since he and his wife were moving permanently to the west coast, maybe they could connect, become friends. He'd only been here one day and he saw how close he was to the other people who were important in his life.

The wedding reception was a lovely affair. Clemmie danced with her brother and Mr. MacGregor. As she was dancing with her father in law, Dane asked for the next dance. Shaun kept his temper in check and allowed his daughter-in-law to dance with him. After the dance was over, Michal wanted his wife back, and so the reception lasted into the night.

Janice noticed that JJ was missing. As she looked around, she saw him standing out in the cold on the terrace just staring into space. She walked out to talk to him. "Hey, what's going on?" she queried.

JJ asked, "Um, you like him don't you?" He feared he knew the answer.

She answered as she admired the snow covered scenery. "Who? Simon, oh, he's alright, a bit stuffy."

JJ stared at her. But as soon as she turned to look at him, he looked away. "He's rich, you know. I mean I make a decent living, but I'm not mega rich like him." He whispered. His heart was pounding, as his pulse raced.

"JJ, what are you talking about?" Janice asked, clearly confused. "Why would I care about his money?"

He asked quietly, "Janice, if I asked you to choose, would you choose me?"

"JJ, I don't - ", she uttered.

He silenced her by kissing her and holding her. "I can't lose you to him. I need more Janice. I want more. I want to be your husband and a father to the twins. I'm in love with you girl. I have been for months", he whispered.

She caressed his cheek, as her eyes became moist with unshed tears. "Oh JJ, I love you too." And they kissed. Inside the ball room, Jeffrey held his wife as they two watched their young wild son, finally step up and be a man.

Soon the reception was ended when JJ proudly announced that he and Janice were getting married. That news surprised Janice because she didn't remember being asked. The twins were excited and they both hugged JJ. Then Tracy whispered something in his ear. A smile so big and bright spread across his face as he said, "Yes sweetheart, you can."

The little girl hugged him and said, "OK, daddy. I love you." Everyone cheered.

Kevin was happy for his friends he once again moved off to the shadows. Shaun didn't like how he constantly excluded himself and he made a decision to do something about it. Right before Kevin left this time Shaun stopped him. "Why do you always go off alone, son? You don't have to leave."

Kevin looked at this man who was more of a father to him than anything. He answered, "I don't know. Once I see everything is OK, that everyone is happy, then I feel like I'm not needed, so I go home."

"Kevin, we want you here with us. Stay, this time stay. We usually go back to one of the houses and talk a while, and we miss you being there. Will you come with us tonight and if you need to leave, we'll gladly let you go", he pleaded. Kevin smiled, and agreed. They all went to Darren and Sharon's and everyone sat around talking. He enjoyed the fellowship and even liked Dane and Simon. Soon it was really late so everyone went home.

Darren stopped Kevin before he left, "Thanks man, thanks for sticking around this time." The brothers embraced and Kevin drove back to his home.

That night he lay in bed and he felt so alone. He wanted someone, someone special, but he'd yet to meet her. He hoped he would one day, and that she'd be as wonderful as all of the other women in his family. Soon Kevin once again fell asleep.

*

Almost the end, but not quite. We have one more chapter to go. I hope you are continuing to follow and I appreciate your thoughts. Chapter ten is being written.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers
12