Pay It Forward, Pay It Back

Story Info
A whirlwind romance with a pregnant divorcee.
5.8k words
4.6
19.2k
29
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My name is Paul and I am a retired educator who after putting in thirty-plus years of service in the State's educational system, realized I had enough. I had jockeyed my way up the system from a probationary teacher through the administrative ranks to become the superintendent of one of the four Oahu geographic districts. As the district superintendent, I oversaw a handful of complex superintendents who in turn were responsible for the K-12 schools in their respective complexes.

I was proud that my district was known for complexes and schools that exceeded our educational goals, were efficiently administered and enjoyed needed funding, support, and stability. This was accomplished by me being proactive in introducing new academic initiatives and dealing with the crises that came with change. Ironically, the drive to succeed that had driven me all these years had somehow faded once I succeeded.

It dawned on me if I continued in the same old rut, I'd eventually burn out and leave this system to which I had dedicated my life, bitter and disillusioned. It, therefore, came as a surprise to nearly all that at fifty-seven-years of age, I had decided to retire, electing to go out while at the top of my game.

My decision sent shockwaves throughout the educational system. My higher-ups fervently tried to dissuade me so as to avoid a leadership upheaval that may spread to other districts as administrators maneuvered to fill my void. My district people plead for me not to retire since doing so might disrupt the gains that we had made. Nearly all said that I was being foolish because I wouldn't be eligible to draw Social Security for at least another nine years.

Yet, the way I looked at it, I had no mortgage or major debts, had the income from a few of my investment rental units, and had my well-earned pension with great benefits. As I figured it, I would be financially comfortable and could enjoy my life to its fullest while I still had my mental faculties and physical well-being.

The one thing I didn't anticipate, however, was that my retirement would prove challenging because of a lack of championship. This was in large part due to my being a confirmed bachelor who while having my fair share of female dalliances, found none of them long-termed or special material. It did not help that all of my dating interests came from the educational system and as such, I had to avoid any involvements that might be professionally compromising or personally bias my position. But in retrospect, my bachelorhood was because I never found a woman who captivated my attention and maintained my interest.

As told by those trying to fix me up, I was a catch. I was reasonably handsome for a Japanese-American man who stood about five-foot-eleven and was in good shape, mentally and especially physically. Besides my various investments, my value was further enhanced by having a mortgage-free four-bedroom house that I had inherited and had renovated with my own hands. My only problem was that I didn't have that special someone with whom to share my life.

This dilemma continued until I needed to pay for my county property taxes that for some reason had been misplaced on my work desk at home. The fastest way was to go to the nearest county satellite city hall and make a direct payment before the deadline. However, on Oahu, you have to show up extra early (like a couple of hours before the office opened), stand patiently in line, and wait to be served on a first-come-first-serve basis at the nearest city hall. I remember standing at the end of the line that had already formed when I heard, "Excuse me. Is this the line for the satellite city hall?"

Turning around I was stunned by a pretty Japanese-American woman who stood about five-foot-three, with shoulder-length brown hair, large captivating slightly almond-shaped eyes, a cute nose, and an inviting mouth. I figured that she was in her mid-twenties and couldn't help but notice a special glow to her - a certain but indescribable appeal. It didn't hurt that her form-fitting top noticeably but tastefully displayed her full breasts that filled her bra nicely. She had a slender waist with a slight belly pudge that I found incredibly feminine since I dislike skinny gaunt women. Her stretched jeans outlined her modest hips, tight buns, and shapely legs.

Standing in line with nothing to do but wait, we struck up a conversation. Her name was Yukiko and much to my surprise, she was a special education teacher at an elementary school that used to be under my administrative purview. She had been born and raised in Illinois and then moved to Hawaii from Chicago a little over two years ago after attending a job fair while visiting the Islands. Yukiko made her decision because of the Islands' diverse and accepting cultures, the warm climate, and the love she had for her job.

Yuki (as she told me to call her) talked freely about loving her special needs students and how she had a good support team at her school. I knew that Yuki was a "special" special ed teacher by the way she talked about the long hours and a lot of paperwork with no prep period and how she didn't mind it because of her kids. Whereas her peers eagerly looked forward to long summer break, Yuko already missed her kids and aides even though the end of the school year ended just two weeks ago. With her fingers crossed, she hoped that she was good enough to be offered tenure before the next school year started.

When she asked what I did, I offhandedly responded, "I'm retired, Yuki, and believe it or not, from the same educational system that you hope to become a permanent part of. What did I do? Oh, a little of this and a lot of that..."

"Now you've piqued my curiosity. Come on, Paul, out with it. What did you before you retired? Please tell me."

"You must be very devoted to your class not to know my name. Why? Well, I was the District Superintendent who oversaw schools...to include yours.

"I thought your name sounded familiar," a surprised Yuki gasped. "I just envisioned you being...older...not so young-looking."

"Well, let me assure you that I'm old enough to be your father. And Yuki, while I'm offering assurance, special education teachers are always in demand...especially good ones like you. I have to say that listening to you, I am very impressed." Then after a pause, I took a chance with this charming young woman, "Say, I don't mean to offend you but I happen to know your principal because we golf together every once in a while. Would you mind if I put in a good word for you? No promises or guarantees but..."

Yuki squealed in utter delight and unexpectedly hugged me, pressing her spongy breasts against me. Gushing with appreciation, Yuki asked me to please do so and before I could respond, gave me a quick kiss on the cheek. Needless to say, our public display of affection drew the attention of the entire line of people who were waiting for the satellite city hall to open. Composing ourselves, I mentioned that I was standing in line to pay my country property taxes before tomorrow's deadline, and asked Yuki why was she waiting.

The look on Yuki's face change from exuberance to dismay as she hesitated before reply. "I'm changing the name on my driver's license back to my maiden name. My husband, Regis, informed me by text...can you believe it...that our divorce has been finalized and my papers are in the mail.

"We were engaged when we move here and I think he only did so to follow me. In retrospect, I shouldn't have married him because he didn't want to live in Hawaii. He grew more and more unhappy with Hawaii...and our marriage...and perhaps me. I should have seen it coming but I was so wrapped up with school and the students that I didn't.

"As a pharmaceutical representative, traveling was part of Regis' job. The only thing was that he seemed to be traveling more and staying away for longer periods. I didn't even suspect that he had found someone else...back in Chicago...where all of his friends and family are. Regis informed me during this past Spring Break that he had filed for divorce and had only returned to pack his things. I pleaded with him to give me a chance...but after a long weekend of trying, he left me."

"Hey, that's a really bum deal and you deserve better, Yuki. Regis sounds like a real asshole and although it may not seem like it now, in the long run, you'll be thankful that you parted ways with him. Look, I know that we've just met, but I like you - pure and simple. If you need help or someone to talk to, call me." With that said, we exchanged cellphone numbers which brought a smile back to Yuki's lovely face and another quick kiss to my cheek (something that I was getting used to).

"I could use a friend, Paul. When Regis was here last, his divorce intentions threw me for a loop. I foolishly tried to persuade him using my feminine 'charms' if you know what I mean. Regis had no qualms having sex with me but left me after using me. Well, he left me with a divorce present as I would discover later...I'm pregnant. At first, the bastard tried to say the baby wasn't his...then, he tried to get me to abort it...finally, he said that my pregnancy would stop our divorce, but that he'd pay child support."

Yuki was on the verge of crying and I hugged her to me, not caring what the others in line thought of us. "It's not the end of the world, Yuki. Although I've never been married or for that matter in a serious relationship, I'm retired with nothing better to do and can help you out. All you need to do is call me. Hey...look the office is finally opening."

To our surprise, we were serviced immediately and she stepped up to one counter and me at another. Yuki finished first and I thought that was the last I would see of her. Yet, when I completed my transaction, Yuki was waiting for me outside. After asking if I would like a cup of coffee to thank me in advance, she then suggested we go to her house which was so close that she had walked to the satellite city hall. I accepted and told Yuki to jump into my car.

Her place was a small two-bedroom cottage just around the block. When we got there, Yuki immediately began opening the windows. "Sorry for the heat," Yuki murmured while she pressed the coffeemaker on-button to heat the water before excusing herself.

Moments later, Yuki reappeared in loose shorts and a bikini-strapped top that loosely flared from the neckline and ended about her waist. With tell-tale jiggle in her top, I suspected that Yukiko was braless. This was confirmed when Yuki placed my coffee mug before me and in so doing gave me a fleeting but tantalizing glance of her creamy breasts.

"Please excuse me for being so casually dressed but pregnancy has turned my bodily systems topsy-turvy when it comes to temperature. Now before I forget, Paul, I would really appreciate any help you can give me with regard to tenure. I understand that you're out of the system and I understand that you can't guarantee anything...but thanks in advance." With that Yuki leaned over to kiss me lightly on the lips and inadvertently flashed me again her mouthwatering boobs.

"Paul, can I ask you one more favor? Do you know of an inexpensive place that I can rent? Regis signed a lease for this place and he has said that he'll make the monthly lease payments until it expires at the end of summer. I'm three-months pregnant...what I don't look it...why thank you, Paul...but I should be well into my second trimester when I have to move out. Could you keep an eye out for an inexpensive one-bedroom apartment for me?"

"Sure. I'll ask my property manager friends if they have any units to lease. How much are you willing to spend?"

"Gee, I don't know. I have to rethink my budget based solely on my salary...which is why tenure is so important. With Hawaii's cost of living...well...buying groceries and cooking for one can be an expensive proposition...if you know what I mean? I mean, I'm a good cook...but still..."

"I can't really say, Yuki, since I can't cook. I do a lot of eating out...or fast food...or take-out food. It's kind of expensive and not the healthiest of diets...but, hey, it's a whole lot better than starving."

Then a lightbulb suddenly went on in my head and without thinking, I blurted out, "Yuki, this may sound strange and I won't be upset if you say no, but how about I buy your groceries and you cook me food...at least dinner...say, Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. We can eat leftovers at our respective places on the other days...so that we don't get tired of each other. Maybe, on the weekends, we might go out for a bite to eat...it will be up to you if you want to. The way I see it, I would save money and eat healthier, and you would not have to fret about making ends meet and could save some money. We could kill two birds with one stone while sharing each other's company. What do you think?"

In true Yuki-fashion, she threw her arms around my neck and kissed me full on the lips. This time, however, I was prepared and enjoyed it fully. Yuki sat back and took a deep breath as she did a double-take on me.

"Paul, I don't know what's happening between us...but, am open to going with it. What did I do to deserve a person like you?"

"Yuki, if you're wondering, I'm a firm believer in 'paying forward' - helping another without expectations about being paid back. With you, paying forward is an easy no-brainer. Besides being the type of teacher that the public education system needs, I like you - no ands-ifs-buts-or-maybes. However, I have to admit that your spontaneous displays of affection are beginning to scramble my old man's brains."

Playfully swatting me, Yuki hugged my arm as she snuggled up to me. "You're not that old and I won't let you down, Paul. And in some way or form, I'll pay you back for your kindness and generosity. I know you don't expect anything, but somehow, I will. With that said, if you tell me what you like to eat, I'll make up a list and maybe tomorrow we can go grocery shopping.

In the month that followed, we share dinners as planned and grew closer and closer to each other, filling the voids in each other's lives.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Hey, Jimmy, you old sandbagger. This is Paul. It's about time you got back from traipsing around the Orient."

"Wow, what did I do to deserve a call from the illustrious retiree of our district? How's retirement? Doing much golfing?"

"Nah, we have to get together for a round of eighteen-holes so that I can supplement my measly retirement pension. Any time you're free to lose money, give me a call."

"Okay, okay, what's up? What's the real reason behind this call?"

"Well, I just happened to meet a teacher of yours...Yukiko...and was very impressed with her and her dedication and professionalism..."

"You mean Yuki, my extremely attractive special education teacher? God, she adored by her students, her team, and the staff...and most of the guys on campus have been trying to score with her. I thought she was married but my school secretary just informed me that she changed her marital status to single and named you as her person to contact if there was an emergency. Is that true?"

"Errrh...yep, that's the one. We've become...friends...and nothing more. Look, I've never been one to beat around the bush but I would take it as a personal favor if you could see your way to offering tenure to her."

"Hey, isn't she pregnant? I don't know..."

"Jimmy, you know that you're not supposed to let pregnancy be a consideration in granting tenure. Let me put it this way. Yuki is supposed to give birth in late December. As such, she'll be out until the Spring Break...what...maybe you'll have to hire a substitute teacher for two and a half months tops. But after that, you've got her for a long time. But hey, if you don't want her, I can call around and I'm sure that I'll find some principal willing to take the risk. What do you say?"

"What's this? The lone wolf has fallen so a pretty sweet twenty-six-year-old pregnant divorcee? My secretary will soon set the district secretarial network on fire with this news. There'll be a lot of lonely broken hearts out there."

"Come on, Jimmy. It's not like that. Yeah, Yukiko is pretty and divorced, but I know a great teacher when I meet one. You know as well as I do that dedicated special ed teachers are hard to find. Like I said, if you don't offer her tenure, I have a list of your fellow principals who would be willing to do so. So, what do you say?"

"Two strokes...no, three. Give me three strokes next week Saturday at our usual golf course."

"You old fucking pirate! Okay, three strokes. But that's provided you make your tenure offer before next week Saturday."

"No problem, ex-lone wolf. I was going to offer Yukiko tenure before you called. God, it was so sweet taking you to the cleaners and knowing that you have finally fallen. Ha!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Paul! This is Yuki! My principal just called and offered me tenure! And he says that it's because of you! Ooh, I love you...I love you! God, how can I thank you?"

"Nah, Yuki, Jimmy was going to offer you tenure before I called. He just used offering you tenure to extract three strokes from me when we go golfing next Saturday. How can you make it up to me? How about going out to dinner with me to celebrate? What? You'd rather cook me a special dinner...and at my place? You want to see my bachelor pad? Okay, sure. Although I had better do some quick cleaning and straightening up...you know how bachelors are."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Oh my god, Yuki. I haven't had standing rib roast in ages. We have enough for each of us to have roast beef sandwiches for the rest of the week! What a great meal."

"Paul, you deserved it for all of the help you gave me. I told you that I would pay you back with interest for all of the unsolicited help that you've given me...and I've only just begun. You've turned out to be a lifeline for me in my divorce and work issues. I really appreciate you being there for me...and for letting me barge into your home...and by the way, this is really a nice house."

"Yeah, it's not bad. My parents had hoped for at least two kids or more but somehow ended up with only me. I occupy only the master bedroom and its bathroom and one of the bedrooms as my study. The remaining two rooms and main bathroom are largely unused."

"Ummm, Paul, I want to apologize to you for not first asking you to be my contact person. It's just that when the school secretary asked me, you were the only person I could think of...or for that matter, had. Boy, you should have seen the look on her face when I mentioned your name and give her your contact number."

"Well, Yuki, just to let you know, your school secretary lit up the district secretarial telephone-tree about us...and the entire district is atwitter as to whom you are and what you are to me."

"Ooh, Paul, I'm so sorry...I didn't think..."

"Yuki, it's no big deal. A dose of healthy gossip is always good for keeping the district buzzing. People have always wondered why I've remained a bachelor."

"Why have you, Paul?"

"Hmmm, in the beginning, I told myself that I needed to avoid a potential conflict of interest or unintended biases especially with my dates who came from the educational system. However, what it really came down to was that I never found a woman who captivated my attention and desires. Certainly, not as sweet or as pretty as you..."

"Ah, Paul, you're so sweet," murmured Yuki before she kissed me. "What did I do to deserve someone like you?"

"Standing in line and talking to a total stranger would be one thing," I quipped, "and your spontaneous kisses and hugs." Then in a more serious tone, I asked, "Yuki? I know that this is going to sound strange...and definitely sudden...but I've been thinking. I have this four-bedroom house of which I occupy only half of the place. That leaves me with two bedrooms that have kind of been used to store stuff...more so, junk.

12