All Comments on 'Peace'

by BigGuy33

Sort by:
  • 136 Comments
jazzharpjazzharpover 4 years ago
Good one!

Welcome back. Hope you stick around. This site really needs you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
BigGuy Returneth

Liked the story. While I may have wanted to be fleshed out more, it's still a great flash story. Welcome back!

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 4 years ago
Welcome back.

Good little story for a comeback.

HighpikeHighpikeover 4 years ago
Loved it

A cameo of life that rings so true. The pains in life teach us so much, even such devastating losses. Bless you friend, bless you.

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

She was screwing his best friend? What a bitch.

An interesting short story, although I doubt he'd be civil to her, not after a betrayal like that.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 4 years ago
Workplace shenanigans are frowned upon

Especially in a funeral home.

And why add the part about it being the last time he would see her? It’s not like we need to know or that it’s intrinsic to the story.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Good little story

Short, but really didn't need to be longer to tell the story. Losing your parents, wife, and best friend in the same day would destroy most men and he survived. Great to see you writing again.

chytownchytownover 4 years ago
Thanks***

For the read.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 4 years ago
Borderline Beadledom by Cozening Wife Gently Deflected by Her Ex with Understated Style

I like how Daniel cooly answered Darlene's questions, but kept things vague. She's in his life's rear view mirror and exiled from circle of trust. He was civil yet borderline curt and didn't clue her in that he had someone else. Daniel does wish her well but only in abstract sense we hope for the best of harried stranger that things lighten up.

I would have liked the story to go longer with additional particular r, buy conceed we know the heart of the matter which has been distilled to its eloquent , restrained essence.

Ergo the obvious score

full marks *****

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 4 years ago
Liked this

Pretty original and writing was fairly good. Thanks.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 4 years ago
Nice

Clean minimalist vignette from a much larger story. Well done and certainly complete, but still kinda like after that first delicious bite of pizza when your appetite is teased and you’re hungry for more. Well done. Thanks

GuentharGuentharover 4 years ago
Welcome back

Short and direct, but where's Henry?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
Welcome Back!

I have to say that it was just "okay" for me.

I know it was intended to be anything big and dramatic, and it met that goal.

I guess I have a special animus towards cheaters cheating with spouses' best friends, and the reverse as well, obviously. I guess I would have liked to have learned that she wasn't at peace, and that this effort to find it failed.

Wonderman1Wonderman1over 4 years ago
Simple story

This was a simple story but a profound message. In this day and time, we need peace in so many ways and to hopefully tamp down on anger from everywhere. Great message.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 4 years ago
Welcome back with your slice of life story

That does brig peace.

Strange where we writers get our inspiration. But, that's what we do.

Sorry to hear about your son-in-law.

By the way, who is Daniel? What's happened to Henry? ;)

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 4 years ago
Big Guy...

I have enjoyed your writing in the past and this story though short was very moving. Now the bad stuff. You wrote,'Darlene had never known anyone that died and was not looking forward to the first time'.

Then just a few paragraphs later, 'It was actually Darlene herself that had handled most of the arrangements for the funeral as well as all the legal maneuvering afterwards'.

How can you go from taking care of your future ex-husbands parents arrangements to having never known anyone that had died?

It was still five but only because it was written so well.

CSD2CSD2over 4 years ago
Welcome back

And my deepest sympathies to you and your family.

GrimmerGrimmerover 4 years ago
and on a Friday ...

Damn that was a good little tale.

5* and Favorite.

Kudos.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 4 years ago
Nice story.

Always good to see people move on. I hope everyone is ready for Monday when some of Literotica's best post for your reading pleasure. There's some good shit coming your way!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wtf

Wtf

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Sad but realistic story

Maybe, after a while, Karma will show the theraputic after effects on the ex's.

HDVictory1HDVictory1over 4 years ago
Welcome back

Glad to hear from you again. Even a short story from one of the good writers here is always appreciated. Like the theme of survival and renewal. As someone with a lot of “experience” in life I know how much a part of the human condition it is. Hope to hear more from you soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
liked it a lot

No need for hurtful yelling or fighting. Two sad folks looking to clear their conscience and as he said find peace. She is still struggling and he is very close to have completed the moving on.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 4 years ago
How about that

A BG story that didn’t make me nauseous. Well done. 4 stars

ribnitinribnitinover 4 years ago
Short and

Short and to the point. An enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
To short but it wasn’t a bad story

You could have made this a 3 page story too.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 4 years ago
Nice slice.

Enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Unique

I liked it. Very unique. Definitely a feel good story. You lied, this is the very best BTB there is, he got even by living his life and finding happiness while she not so much. Keep up the good work.

acupacupover 4 years ago
A nice window

into the 'afterwards'.

Well written, and if you choose, a good start on a second chapter.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
BigGuy33, one question

why do most of your stories have the husband walking away leaving everything to the whore?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
Comment Correction

When I said, "I know it was intended to be anything big and dramatic, and it met that goal," I hope it was obvious that I meant, "I know it wasn't intended to be anything big and dramatic, and it met that goal."

johnadpjohnadpover 4 years ago
Nice Take On A Slice Of Life

I find myself more interested in your son-in-law's passing (my condolences) at such a young age than the story. But I won't ask how and why as that is none of my business.

It's amazing how beautiful and serene some of these Forest Lawns are. Whenever I've visited them I've often wondered why the same designers of the grounds don't develop cities and properties. But then again I guess what messes up the serenity are living people. They tend to be a lot more noisy and troublesome than dead ones.

icebreadicebreadover 4 years ago
Short but....

...sweet. Five from me.

KayaknhKayaknhover 4 years ago
Boy I'm glad you are back.

Nice story.

Plausible plot. Believable characters. True feelings. I liked it

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I'd like to see a sequel where Connie cheats on him.A

The meltdown would be epic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A shortie

Short but sweet! A nice read and glad you have returned.

T.T.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 4 years ago
MrDogg asked the author. . .

. . . why most of his stories had the man leave everything to his ex and just walk away. I can see the utility in that: if he leaves her everything she has nothing she can come back with a lawsuit to try to take. It’s a very final end to the relationship.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 4 years ago
A nice gentle story

With so much drama, hate and pain behind it, with everything now at peace for deserving Daniel. Pleasant change of pace for a story in this genre, 5*.

chastenchastenover 4 years ago
I enjoyed that

When I saw from the scroll bar that the end of the page was coming up -- i.e., no time for long drama -- I had a good guess as to how it would end...and that didn't matter in slightest. Thanks.

Tiger27Tiger27over 4 years ago

The only thing (for me) that would make this story better would be a couple lines on how the best friend was run down and killed in a hit-and-run accident. Accident? Otherwise 5 stars.

PapaRomanticPapaRomanticover 4 years ago
Classless.....

Don't you love it when someone uses the comments of somebody else's story to pimp their own project?

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 4 years ago
Big Pappy,

I like to think that you are referring to me with your classless comment. Please do not think I am calling your comment about me (hopefully) as being classless simply because you never commented on the story but rather my lack of class. You have enough class to make a random comment with no bearing on the story and make it work. I am looking for opportunities to draw attention to the Q event on Monday. Your comment allows me to weakly segue into another classless comment. Thanks for that! Enjoy this fine offering from BigGuy33, look for the stories from our very classy friend, Papparomantic, and tune in Monday for some classless fag cuck shit. If you come to Literotica for class, look for Pappa's stories. If you seek entertainment, check out new stories by RichardGerald, qhml1, Longhorn, Ohio, Piperhamlin, Randi, Woodmanone, Laptopwriter, Stev2244, Bebop3, dtiverson and a few others I have forgotten. Thanks, Big Daddy!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nah paparomantic

I think classless describes the shit you write.

kmreaderkmreaderover 4 years ago
@PapaRomantic...Classless?

I’m confused by your comment. Is this some sort of accusation against the author? I’m just curious. If so, to make an accusation like that in a comments section without backing it with proof seems pretty classless to me. I’m in no way backing BigGuy here if that is the case, but to throw out an accusation like that, if indeed it is some sort of accusation, without the proof seems a bit reckless.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Cheating Pays Well

He gave her almost everything and space for continuing to fuck around by getting out of her life. Now she feels a bit guilty and he reassures her. Personally I prefer cheaters to face unpleasant consequences for deliberately hurting others

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
@HardDaysKnight Wow. Poach much?

"Hi, McDonald's, I just ate your new burger and it was so so. but if your customers want to try the best burgers on the planet, check out the burgers at the I AM SO FULL OF MYSELF Burger Bar on Monday, when all the people who actually can cook, unlike you, will be making the best burgers ever!!!" - HDK

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
@Whackdoodle

It wasn't a funeral home, it was the cemetery office.

I don't think that the "work place shenanigans" was pertinent to the story. I think the "he never saw her again" was to shortstop any ideas of what might happen to her later.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Oh Wow

So short but so good! I really thought this one was creative and very much to the point. A solid 5 from me. Please keep writing and submitting to the LW section..we need more authors such as yourself. Thanks for the story!

"Buckeye Fan"

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caover 4 years ago
5

Good dose of real possibilities. But i do hope that Connie is a delightfully curved brunette babe... think of Salma Hayak, our wronged hubby deserves a break after his trainwreck.

tazz317tazz317over 4 years ago
GIVING PIECE A CHANCE

proudly began this new chapter, TK U MLJ LV NV

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
@PapaRomantic Re: "Classless....."

Um, it's not pimping, it's letting people know about something they might otherwise miss, plus it's not HDK's project, it's Q's.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 4 years ago
The art a flash.

Very nice. Flash is an art form all its own. I have been trying to do the 750 word challenge for about a year and ended up with 14 different unpublished longer stories. Way longer. Lots of respect for writers that can do a good flash story. Two thumbs up.

tennesseeredtennesseeredover 4 years ago
Well written.

This is a nice, tight story. My only criticism is the abrupt change of mood in the end, from somber to playful. For my money, I would have preferred Connie and Daniel to have an intense, tender moment together, reaffirming their new relationship, rather than publicly jumping into the shower together, which suggests frivolity. What the damaged man needed, I think, is reassurance he has a solid relationship with a serious woman. It struck me, too, that Connie showed courage in facing her new boyfriend's ex-wife. Connie must have been relieved when the hoped for reunion went nowhere. That's why I think they'd be in a more serious mood. Strong work, BG33.

TailakaTailakaover 4 years ago
Good Job

5* short but well written. It's a nice slice of life story. The timing of her getting caught worked out that he got to keep his inheritance and she was too guilty to try to fight for it. I am of course assuming that he, technically, inherited as soon as they died. Also that his divorce filing was delayed until he was "mentally able". I'd assume she could have made an argument for the money and who knows....

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Short and effective. Thank you for sharing.

jesemmojesemmoover 4 years ago
Interesting, but too short.

I notice that the negative comments come from Anonymous critics. Not worth your time. The short was too short and the characters needed more development, other then that it was a decent story. Peace is allusive, but sometimes we just need to get away and be still. Negative events will never be forgotten, but peace comes when we know that we're digging a whole and we stop digging before it get too deep.

KingBandorKingBandorover 4 years ago
@kmreader @paparomantic was not criticizing the author

He was commenting on @HardDaysKnight posting a comment here on BigGuy's story to promote his own special, invitation only event, and implying how much better the stories will be on Monday when the "best" author's stories publish.

KB

Lord_GroLord_Groover 4 years ago
@jesemmo

There is an aphorism (which I think comes from Shakespeare’s “Hamlet,”) that says that “brevity is the soul of wit.”

What that means in this context is that it’s not necessary to use five thousand words to say what can be said in fifteen hundred or a thousand. This story is a vignette, a snapshot of a tiny moment in the lives of two people. It never needed to have extensive character development, and it’s a better story in many ways because it doesn’t have all that excess material shoved in where it’s not really needed

Writing a good story with this degree of brevity is an art form. This one isn’t perfect, (no story is perfect, not even mine,) but this one pretty damned good. I’d give it five stars.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
@Anonymous 08/16/19 Re: "@HardDaysKnight Wow. Poach much?"

Your analogy fails because HDK made no statement about the quality of this story, either on its own, or comparatively. In fact, the title of his comment was "Nice story."

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 4 years ago
Nice story, BG.

Don't wait so long to write another. You always have great ideas.

@Annie: "Get over."

You so spicy! Such a mistaken little fellow, too. Bebop's story was never intended for "Monday." Those stories will post on Monday, just as advertised. It's Qhml1's event, as Mr. Brooks said, not HDK's. Drop all the ones you wish. Thousands of others make your one pretty lame. What are you, Bigguy33's beard? If he doesn't like a comment on his story, he can always delete it. I do. It's fun!

Thanks again for the story, BG. Randi

DFWBeastDFWBeastover 4 years ago
Thank you!

Thanks BIgGuy for such an entertaining and thought provoking story. Very well done! With short or flash stories it's hard to get the reader to care about the characters because there's so little space for character development, but you succeeded nicely. Congrats!

Killian

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 4 years ago
KB pretty much hit the nail on the head.

He has no problem with reading comprehension. PappaRomatic used this story as a forum to express his opinion on my opinion. He felt my opinion was classless while his was inciteful and needed, although he failed to mention any opinion on this fine story in his comment. This story was simply a vehicle allowing him to express an opinion in a classy, gentle manner. I do appreciate it.

KB is correct that I personally feel that Ohio, Longhorn, qhml1, and Laptopwriter are among the best on Literotica. The number of views on their stories, the number of votes, the scores and comments pretty much support this belief. These writers are very successful. There will be a handful of writers joining them Monday with stories about relationships where the wife earns more money, or wields more power than her husband. It is an interesting premise for a story. The readers will be in for a treat. Will it be a better day than we have had on Literotica in a long time? You bet your ass!

PiperHamlinPiperHamlinover 4 years ago
Glad to see you back BG33

Also, you never responded to my email. Grr. Snarl. Kicking dirt.

I nice return, I hope that means we'll see more of you down the road.

And just gotta address this comment from KB:

"He was commenting on @HardDaysKnight posting a comment here on BigGuy's story to promote his own special, invitation only event, and implying how much better the stories will be on Monday when the "best" author's stories publish."

I'm actually on that list of authors, so I don't think HDK was promoting the "best" ones. I think my ratings will bear that out.

patilliepatillieover 4 years ago
nice & poignant

with a bouncy ending!

patilliepatillieover 4 years ago
Interesting to see

the Lit LW official cabal is pushing the Monday invitational in comments and getting their hackles up when called on the seeming inappropriateness of same, when Lit can advertise these quite adequately on their own.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 4 years ago
Well written

Even though I don't understand it.

Bebop3Bebop3over 4 years ago
Anonymous2019

"So who is lying? You or Bebop?"

Are you familiar with what's known as a false choice dilemma?

The story that you quote from (thanks for reading, btw, I appreciate all my fans) was a preview. I will have another story for Monday.

But I truly do appreciate your reading my work and creating an account just to post non-anonymously.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
...

Can we just rent out the Superdome for a day so you twats can meet up and beat the living hell out of each other? We can even invite the proudboys and antifa; make it a big party.

enderlocke27enderlocke27over 4 years ago
sweet and smooth

enjoyed it, but expected to. i kind of have a love/hate that u didnt write out the ex-wife's thinking but then kind of made it more intriguing. ty for the read

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good short story

And while I would have liked a lot more detail, this played well. You certainly could have written 4 or 5 pages on this idea alone. Nicely done and in this story you didn't channel MM too much for your lead male character. That was a bonus. But the most interesting part of this story turned out to be the pissing match in the comments section. Between Papa, HDK, Randi, Bebop and others the zingers were quite funny although it really was unclear as to what they were arguing about. Oh well, like many others I await the Monday event. Lots of potential for some entertaining stories from some really good authors.

jezzazjezzazover 4 years ago
Hey people.

Can we simmer down a bit?

This is a great returning writer - thank you BigGuy33, for gracing us with this FREE story, and an interesting little item he’s written for us.

There are more awesome stories coming on Monday. The fact that Ohio is writing again is outstanding - he and Rehnquist are two of the best we’ve ever seen on this site, from where I sit. That’s something to be excited about too.

I don’t think anyone is running anyone else down here; there is room for many great stories here and we are just lucky that we are going to get them. For FREE.

Note, most of you have no idea of the work that goes into writing a story for here, let alone a good one.

I, for one, am just grateful we get them at all.

prinnaveaprinnaveaover 4 years ago
Short and Sweet

Good, no, Great story. The title says it all after reading the story. It is strange where inspiration will come from to write. Nothing more that I can say.

cordialddcordialddover 4 years ago
My condolences on your loss and all that it entailed...

Thank you for returning with a solid story. Cemeteries seem to demand deep reflection; there was one almost in the middle of the university I attended a couple lifetimes ago; the somber surroundings inspired many stories, philosophy papers and musical compositions from myself and many classmates. I can see why someone would find peace tending to one. Again, thanks.

tazz317tazz317over 4 years ago
PEACE OR A PIECE IS NOT EZ TO LOCATE

however in ones work environment you allow imagination to overlook the ultimate choices, TK U MLJ LV NV

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 4 years ago
Welcome Back

I hope your life is on a track you are satisfied with. Your gift of saying so

Much in so few words has been sorely missed.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 4 years ago
Nice

Quite unusual, but very good. Thought provoking. You managed to adequately define characters sufficient to the story, create and describe the plot in very few words. The one thing about workin at a cemetery, is that there’s plenty of time for introspection and other important thinking; without any distractions. That made the whole thing work.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Much content in few words

Excellent use of words to describe emotions.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago

Came across this again. Still think it says all it needs to say. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Finally

A story where the husband keeps his pride.

Keep em coming!

jimjam69jimjam69about 4 years ago
Straight forward and effective

A 5 star job.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
And the peace was ruffled but only in a minor way.

Good story enjoyed

Short but covered all the bases.

Game over shower time

someoneothersomeoneotheralmost 4 years ago
Ultimate tragedy in minamilist form

In a space of an hour the guy lost his parents, wife and best friend. BG33 did an excellent job in displaying the tragedy and its aftermath. Nothing more needed to be said for complete story.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 4 years ago
That was very good! 5*****

It was perfectly constructed minimalism. You don't know the details until half way through. The reader climbs that hill with the ex and goes down the back side with a healing man. I enjoyed that. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A special talent ....

.... is required to construct a flash story such as this. Very well done!! Thank you, BG33. Five stars ⭐️ for this one.

ErotFanErotFanalmost 3 years ago

Another great little vignette! You have a definite flare for pathos in your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

As usual, good stories are written by good writers - Peace certainly is a good story. Remarkable actually - too many times even multi page stories are attacked by folks complaining the story isn't finished. Short stories all seem to draw that criticism. This story is done to perfection with economy of words. Thank you BG!

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

I like the story . AAA+++

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

BG’s shorter stories seem to be a lot better than the longer ones. The longer they go on the more they seem to get away from him. This is one of the good ones.

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

Good story but kind of short. 4 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sorry for your loss

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

unsatisfactory story, too little info on the who what where why and how.

Dlh143Dlh143over 2 years ago

As usual for the author, the cuck with no self respect lets the cheating whore off the hook. 1 star.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I liked it, too short. Glad the character moved on from her and is happy. First character I've come across in your stories not named Henry.

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 2 years ago
Beautiful Snapshot

For those commenters who wish this was a fully developed, multi-page movie script: tough shit. Well done, BG33.

Keep 'em comin'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good job

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He didn't let her off the hook. He simply doesn't care anymore. That will burn in her heart forever.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Sorry for your lose - peace. Short, well written - thank you.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

One of my favorite stories on this site. Short, to the point - so much can be said with minimal words. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A quick look at a marriage that he buried and is now at the final stage of grief and loss; acceptance.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBigGuy33@BigGuy33
Been writing stories for years, since I was a kid. Those were more tame and usually involved the head cheerleader falling in love with me. You won't see any willing cuckold stories, or any humiliation. I work in Loving Wives, Romance, and am branching into incest/taboo and gro...