All Comments on 'Peg Leg's Lost Treasure'

by laptopwriter

Sort by:
  • 98 Comments
Xzy89c1Xzy89c1almost 4 years ago
Too bad

If it is in California then they will not be allowed to mine it. Environmental reviews will stop it. OK story but too far out of realm of possibility. If Chicago police already knew about it, well... 3 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Creative

New twist on old plot lines. Thank you

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 4 years ago

"I don't deserve it. I ruined everything"

Yep.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958almost 4 years ago

Dope story, Mr. Writer. Always a pleasure to read. Write another, please. Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
currier or courier.?

dear laptopwriter...spell check could help ...unless u dictate and not type ur stories..

currier- someone who cures leather.... courier - someone who delivers packages... take ur pick

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
One of the best...

Great story...

stev2244stev2244almost 4 years ago

Great stuff, I couldn't stop reading once I started. This is really what I want to read here, but it's a rather rare gem.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 4 years ago
That was a very good story, written in the quite successful

new LW style, or close to it. The cheating wife was not the major player. She did have more of a role than many wives in the more successful Hall of Fame LW stories. We are now getting some very good action adventure stories posted. They feature a cheating wife serving as the catalyst for the husband to build a new, more exciting life, usually with some beautiful, faithful, big breasted woman. Wife sharing, simple revenge stories and cuckold stories are so yesterday. We are getting more plot and action in LW and that makes for some very good reading.

I knew the guy would find the gold, but the wife being in a sting operation was a real surprise. I liked how he didn't cave and take her back after an apology. Well done, sir. This was a very good read

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984almost 4 years ago

Very good read could do with a part 2 in romance where Aaron finds love.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 4 years ago
Good Story

Always enjoy your stories. Like you bringing old characters from past stories into your new ones. Thank you for not turning your husbands into wimps also. Yes, Brenda helped protect him in the end but she also fell for the con man and had an affair lasting several months. His trust was gone and his only option was to divorce her. Thanks for another interesting story.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 4 years ago

A real blast of a story! Well done. Another 5* read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great Story

I really enjoyed your story. 5*

Redo1984Redo1984almost 4 years ago
Wtf?

I Really enjoyed the story! The wrap up with the wife...

Are you fucking shitting me?

🤘

The Style GuyThe Style Guyalmost 4 years ago
Jack, Dalton and Dave...

...continue to make a great team. Keep them coming!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great Writer

But damn... why do guys think you need to be a "White Knight"... he would never of had his life threatened in the first place if she wasn't unfaithful... she decided she wanted excitement, she got it... I'm not saying you need to BTB but handing out cash and house...WTF

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

The excessively generous divorce settlement was ridiculous. I am glad she never had to suffer 1 day on her job search. After cheating and considering murdering her husband, she can now basque in countless wealth with countless lovers. I am sure his future children and grandchildren will thank this guy for making sure the skank lived well-heeled as they work themselves to death at dead-end jobs.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Disappointed

That was dumb.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 4 years ago
nice story

he helped her more than I would have. But he did the right thing and moved on

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Creative plot and well executed

This is a fine effort by LTW. I think the twist with Brenda at the end weakened the story, but it's a small thing. This one deserves higher scores than it's getting. Easily a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

I was amazed at the coincidence of the California State cop being Lt. Matthews. When I was a kid, I used to watch a TV show about CA State cops and Broderick Crawford's character was Lt. Dan Mathews.

You accidentally made my day. I don't remember what I had for supper last night but I remember the name of a character from a TV show I saw in 1958. Who knew?

woodmanonewoodmanonealmost 4 years ago
Nicely Done

Good story. A twist concerning the wife that was different than the normal LW stories. Also a twist that the gold mine was real. Really enjoyed it. Thank you for the story....Now get to work on the next one.

Woodmanone

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimalmost 4 years ago
Top Class

Once again you hit the perfect note. What could be better than the search for a lost gold mine? Oh yes, the plot to kill the MC by a conman and a cheating wife. No detail was left unexplored or unexplained, which reduces commenters to complain about the ending - which is fine. It's your ending, and although some will complain that you didn't hang, draw and quarter her before going on to have her remains devoured by rabid wolves, those are the people who think that loves instantly turns to hate in a split-second, and nothing of it remains to cause regrets, what-ifs and heartache.

Some know better; that splitting up is the easy part of ending a relationship, the aftermath of that is the tough bit.

Well done, sir! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good story.

I enjoyed reading this. Not too fond of the twist with the adulterous wife, but it is what it is. Got to give you five stars on this one.

OvercriticalOvercriticalalmost 4 years ago
I agree with the Anon who voted: "Dumb"

It was original, but both the wife twist and the real mine twist were silly. 3* for effort and creativity.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Taste the salty slime of cuck

So. She cheated. Cuckolded him. And still he gives her a crap load?

I don't understand this cuck fetish by writers nowadays. It seems to be a noddy badge some men aspire to get.

Good writer. Shit story, ruination caused by unpalatable concepts introduced and other factors.

Try again.

maninconnmaninconnalmost 4 years ago
I was betting the mine was real!

Well written, great tale. Even wifey wound up with some dignity. Thanks for writing!

And I got an extra laugh, reading the story after grabbing a shower and putting on my Peg Leg Porker’s shirt, from the most well loved BBQ joint of my life in Nashville. Yummmmmm.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Irony

I enjoyed the story. I’m familiar with the story of Peg Leg Smith and that area. In fact, I had family that lived on Peg Leg Rd.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

"You guys really think that jackass would be trying to pawn it off, if it was real?" - Plus, now they know his excuse of being too crippled to use the map himself is bogus.

I don't know how much money is involved, but I realize it's too late now, but she could have divorced him and got a 50-50 split.

I'm so glad he didn't take her back, but no way would I give her the same share in the mine that he gave his loyal friends. If he really wanted to be generous, maybe a ONE percent share.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

OK, I suspected that he might actually find the gold, but I never expected the twist with his wife. Actually, that was the least believable part of the story, not that she’d go to the cops on his behalf, but that the police would risk his life without bringing him “in” and getting his consent and informed cooperation. Still it was nice to be surprised; it kept me interested.

I think I appreciated most the ending. The wife’s infidelity was a terrible thing, but she was not completely evil (as wives are in so many of these stories). Few people are completely evil and twisted, and God help us if any of us get what we actually deserve at some particularly foolish points in our lives. Aaron’s response recognized the duality of his wife’s character, not a cartoon villain, but someone who had done bad things, but also good. That was evident in the way he ended things, unwilling to continue the marriage, but neither did he “burn the bitch.”

Thanks for a great read!

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 4 years ago

Got to re-read the other Dalton stories, now...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Nice work

A very entertaining story. Thanks for your effort.

lujon2019lujon2019almost 4 years ago

Eh, I can see giving the whore the house and some money, sooner of later she'd have to sell it, and until then it would haunt her

But giving her a stake in the mine means you are connected to her for life

I would how ever send quarterly earning statements to McCall

Hooked1957Hooked1957almost 4 years ago
Thanks for another great read

Great story, as usual. A pleasure to read a real story with a plot and everything, as HDK pointed out: the new standard for LW.

Others would be smart to use this story to learn from; maybe not for every story, but for a good share at least.

Hooked

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 4 years ago

Not the same old stuff! Very good.

5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I Was Hoping

That you'd make the map real! Fun story withe the ending I was hoping for.

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
40 MULE TRAIN BORAX AND Death Valley DAYS

now we have a chance to pass Mr Sutter in his gold days. TK U MLJ LV NV

DogFuzzDogFuzzalmost 4 years ago

Okay! You got me. I loved your characters and the way you brought them out in personality as well as their skill sets. The story line flowed smoothly and gave the reader a feeling actually to know and understand the story line. I even enjoyed your surprising ending. At least to me. Well done and thanks for sharing. Of course a 5* from me.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 4 years ago
The Original Recording Was Admissible In Court

If you tell your lawyer that you killed John Doe, your lawyer cannot tell on you without getting into trouble, AND likely your confession to him would be inadmissible. However, if you tell your lawyer you're GOING to kill John Doe, then not only can he tell you on and your confession would be admissible, but he is OBLIGATED to tell on you as an officer of the court.

The same applies to a recording. "A second common exception to the two-party consent rule is based on California Penal Code section 633.5. If the person recording the conversation believes they will collect evidence of extortion, bribery, kidnapping, or any felony involving violence against another person, then the audio or video may be admissible in court. For instance, if someone is attempting to bribe you, you can record the conversation without that other person’s permission and then take it to the police as evidence of the crime. Later on, this audio or video recording is likely admissible in court as evidence of that person’s attempt to commit a serious offense."

All Dalton would have had to do is say that he couldn't understand why the wife and her lover were going through the whole gold mine thing and he grew suspicious about them wanting to kill Aaron so he decided to record them. The recording would have been admissible in court.

Still gave the story 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Nice story but when did he do any prospecting. ???

The lost mine killed this story from very good to a fairly tale . Just buy a lottery ticket. He was picked up by a helicopter had no equipment . So how did he find this mine. Really you could have done a better job than this at the end.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 4 years ago
Saw Each Step Coming... Could've Arrested Sean Way Earlier.... Still 5 Stars

1) This being LW, in the beginning of the story with the one eyed man I figured that was the wife's lover, or someone he sent, to lure Aaron out someplace isolated so they can kill him.

2) When Jerry mentions that he cannot verify Dr. Doecer's (I believe that was the name of the historical doctor) signature, I knew the gold mine was going to end up being real.

3) Wife being unsure, but more importantly, the FBI showing up at Tucker's ranch and their side hadn't done it, it became obvious that the wife had contact the FBI (obviously couldn't think of the middle men being the Chicago police), but that she had also obviously cheated.

4) Thought he would be generous with the wife, but that he would divorce her. Which I thought was the right and fair outcome.

Still, enjoyed the story and gave it 5 Stars. It's annoying cause I can usually tell from early in movies who done it, etc, when the story is well-written. Sometimes a story or movie is poorly done and they throw weird curves with no basis to them, and obviously there is no way to predict those.

And while the way it was laid out made for a more interesting story, I think both the FBI and the police would have arrested Sean way ahead of them ending up in the desert together where things could have gone wrong. The FBI had the wife's testimony, plus recordings they made of conversations between Sean and Brenda, along with all the steps Sean took to lure Aaron to the desert showed taking real steps to cause Aaron's death. To prove attempted murder the prosecutor needs only that the perpetrator intended to commit murder, and took meaningful steps to execute the murder. In this case, Sean landing in LA would have been enough, and if they needed more than that him getting out of his truck with the horses to start pursuing Aaron should have been plenty. The same with the police.

But enjoyed the story still and gave it 5 stars.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 4 years ago

Like! Firm believer in one big ‘suspension of disbelief’ per short story ... maybe a second, independent, one if the story is not that short (which is true here.) The map actually disclosing a gold mine is the big SoD. It is revealed thar her Bull’s story to tempt Hubby was a whole-cloth fabrication. Sweetie calling in her lover’s murderous plan before Hubby is even approached is a more plausible act, thus a smaller SoD. Hubby accounts for his decision to share an equal 5% of the mine to the fact that without her decision, he would never have looked for it. Those who assisted him got theirs for that assistance. Besides, despite having lucked into a (first) fortune, he has maintained a fairly normal day-to-day life. Plus, he has retained 80% of his second fortune.

5*

SkibumSkibumalmost 4 years ago
Thanks.

This was a fun one. I especially liked the twist at the end. I was hoping all along that the gold was real.

baulloyder68baulloyder68almost 4 years ago
Another great story

You did it again, another winner. I love all the cloak and dagger stuff and all along I just knew he would find the gold. Then when he took so long getting home and having his phone turned off I figured he needed time to register his claim. The thing that threw me was Brenda working with POPO to save him. Also glad he cut her loose but was over generous but as he said. If it hadn't been for her he wouldn't have found the gold. No map needed anymore, he has the GPS coordinateness.

FIVE*****

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 4 years ago
Tazz

AND Ronald Reagan. Ah, I miss the Good Old Days. And, oh, what a great story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Kinda glossed over the whole affair part

Nobody seemed to broken up about her having an affair for so long, no real emotion attached to it, and he was far to nice.

Blah, story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Not ur best

3 stars could be better

heathrowinneoheathrowinneoalmost 4 years ago

As always, enjoy your work and of course, 5. More please!

ReadyOneReadyOnealmost 4 years ago
Gets her old job back

The FBI gives her a certificate of appreciation suitable for framing thanking her for her participation in a law enforcement operation, and a letter of commendation with request for job accommodation.

Police and FBI escort her back to her office the day after arrest. Police official publicly apologizes in front of her fellow workers and gives her boss a copy of the letter, copy to owner/CEO.

Newsman Dalton gets story printed and Brenda carries it next her heart in lieu of Aaron.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Okay. We all need a little hope and cheer at this time.

Thanks for as happy an ending as could be in this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
That was fun!

Entertaining to boot. Well played Sir.

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Really good story

But, the way he treated the whore was distasteful. A hundred grand to get resettled and swift kick in the ass to the curb. No more and really deserved nothing. But thanks to the pc culture today paying for your mistakes is a foreign idea.

Cheat but try to help later and you get a house, a car, 200 grand and part of a mine.

God help the next fool that gets mixed up with the whore.

DFWBeastDFWBeastalmost 4 years ago

Thank you! Always a good day when I see a story from you! Thought the story was interesting and loved the twist at the end with the wife. Whether she got off too easily or not is mute, because it was very inline with Aaron's character.

Thanks again LTW!

Killian

rodryder44rodryder44almost 4 years ago

I suspected Aaron retrieved his horse and pack mules when he landed back in Chicago three weeks later. I thought he probably found gold, too. The "sting" was an unexpected twist. Aaron's gifts to Brenda were over the top. She got much more than she deserved.

Ocker53Ocker53over 3 years ago
Great Story

Had me hooked from the first paragraph, well worth 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ One of the best stories on this site.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 3 years ago
Like a film noir.

Great mystery and cheating wife story all rolled into one.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 3 years ago
Great Story

LTW, simply ignore those with low reading comprehension. The clandestine recording occurred in Illinois so CA law does not apply regarding its legal standing. Meanwhile, a 50/50 split of the mine is precluded by the prenup; anything he gives her is a gift. Why question whether the villain might put a value on the map when his sister "confirmed" that it was worthless. For my read, you did a great job tying up all the loose ends.

However, I might question why the initial prospecting trip wouldn't simply be aided by modern technology. Why did our hero use 100 year old transportation? A quick helicopter ride out to the spot X-ed on the map would leave a full day of prospecting and back in time for a shower before dinner.

Loved the story. Keep 'em comin'.

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 3 years ago
One More Thought

LTW, your stories are so well constructed and executed, I am sure you work hard to excel. Here's a tip that will make the reading of your literary efforts smoother and more enjoyable. This relates to a grammar error nearly universal in its application on Lit, even among most of the best writers.

The issue is the correct usage of the verbs "to lie" versus "to lay." This applies to both the present tense and past tense forms. (Let's ignore the untruthful form of "to lie," and the sexual forms of "getting laid.")

"To lie" is an action an animate body performs on itself - think "to recline." "To lay" is an action "to put" something down on a surface. Now the tricky part is where the past tense of "to lie" is "lay." The past tense of "to lay" is "laid." It is incorrect to say, "Aaron LAID on his bed yesterday." It is correct to say, "Aaron LAY on his bed yesterday." It would be correct to say, "Aaron laid the book on the bed yesterday."

I am sure 80% of you all will disbelieve my input. So, simply do your internet search on "lie versus lay" and see for yourselves. When you know what is correct, the errors make your reading stop to get the correct meaning in your mind. Meanwhile, epithets regarding "grammar nazi" are actually amusing, but thanks just the same.

BigDee44BigDee44over 3 years ago

Imagine, an ending as I imagined it! Great story.

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
Wow!

What an amazing adventure story

GladstonGlieseGladstonGlieseover 3 years ago
Hmmm

Thought the sting twist was pointless and counter to the earlier part after the last time they made love. The reader was put into both of their minds and how they both had the thought that it would be their last time together. If up to that point she was trying to sting her paramour and trying to keep her husband from learning of her affair, as stated later, that would not have been the thought going through her mind.

johnadpjohnadpover 3 years ago
@Willowghby

Let’s talk about reading comprehension. First, most states have similar laws, so Illinois would have a law about one sided recording.

However, I purposely looked up the California law, because the crime, attempted murder, happened in California. That means likely California would’ve had jurisdiction on prosecution of this case.

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

It does get tiring that every man in LW who gets cheated on is such a big hearted person, because, honestly, very few are that overly generous, as much as very few woman are as stupid as LW writers tend to make them

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Yeah great

But they were rich and she was working at a 30k job she hated?

Hard to believe they didn’t let him know about his wife. FBI was there after all. Still a great yarn

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Fairytale

Seriously, you should have started the story with "Once open a time". You lost a lot of respect with that effort.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 3 years ago

It’s kind of whimsical, but still entertaining. The characters are solid and have some depth. The ending wasn’t predictable, that’s always good. When it said he’d been away 3 weeks, I wondered whether he’d done a camping excursion, but certainly didn’t think he’d literally struck gold. When he mentioned possibly relocating, I expected he’d go back, work out a deal to buy shares in Tuck’s ranch, and plan to live there part time. So, yeah, not predictable.

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 3 years ago
@johnadp

I fail to recognize how your 9/1/20 rant about recording laws or prosecution jurisdiction is related to my comment on reading comprehension. My 8/20/20 comment was broadly directed at the silly comments I read that clearly missed significant elements which were clear in a careful and complete reading of the story.

.

In response to your first paragraph, I suggest you reread the story carefully. You will find that the Illinois laws regarding required consent for recording was clearly described in the text of the story. Further legal research for Illinois or any other state would be a waste of time.

.

Regarding your legal research on prosecution jurisdiction for the crime of conspiracy to commit murder (second paragraph) - why bother? Even a layman could tell you the burden to prosecute falls to the locale in which the crime was committed.

.

Because I am VERY unlikely to reread this story again, please direct any further targeted comments to my user name.

Talmadge69Talmadge69over 3 years ago

well... I for one was entertained. I have read it twice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Pretty Good Story

A pretty good story, certainly entertaining. And it was nice to revisit Dalton, Tracy and Jack. I admit it took me a while to remember where I knew those names from, but it was pretty cool bringing them forward into this story. My only problem with the story is that I thought the ending was a bit weak. After it was revealed that Brenda wasn’t really trying to get her husband murdered but was instead helping the CPD and the FBI set up a sting for Sean, the story just seemed to lose its momentum, and pretty much fizzle out. I still think it’s a solid Four star effort, so thanks, LTW.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Pretty good, but did not enjoy the wife's behavior. I was hoping she had not actually cheated. Barring that, it would have been nice if the ending had included someone for him.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyabout 3 years ago

Excellent entertainment and great story with plot and intrigue as well as misdirection.

Two things funny as in ironic. There was more heat in the wifes admission of her affair than there was sex in the rest of the story. Didn’t mind it just noted it. Second is how do 2 guys from Chicago have cowboy skills. I can tell you those don’t come from the local training center.

But great story loved that the ending was bittersweet

swedishreader1swedishreader1almost 3 years ago

Good story.

I guessed the wife called the FBI but not that the map was real.

Very entertaining.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Mostly a good story. I think the ending was a bit rushed with his find, plus it would have nice if he hooked up with someone at the end still a good story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Over all not worth the time.

Multiple things make this story feel forced:

1. The author seriously overused the Jack, Dalton and Dave characters. Next they all were in the NAVY SEALs and secret spies for

2. The whole thing reads like a spy novel with a plot that can be summarized in one sentence: Wifes lover wants husbands money and plans on killing him to inherit it only to get his plans foiled by the 3 stooges (Jack, Dalton and Dave) who are secret super spies and save the day so the husband can divorce the wife prove he is a good guy by paying for her adultery

3. The ending makes no sense whatsoever and feels rushed and leaves the reader wondering where exactly he skipped 2-3 pages of the story.

4. If she was taping the talks with McCall in collaboration with the Chicago PD (really? jurisdiction clearly doesn't lie with Chicago PD so the local PD should have been involved no matter what family relations are employed there ) so, he should have been arrested after they had enough evidence to convict him. No way would any police officer let the target of a homicide walk into a trap unknowingly. That would lead to said police officer being sued for every penny.

ibuguseribuguserover 2 years ago

What a story. Twist after twist.

Nicely done. 5* and thanks for sharing.

hicountryriderhicountryriderover 2 years ago

Truly and absolutely fantastic story!

There's a lot that I can say but I won't

I'm simply going to leave things as my 1st sentence sums up everything I could possibly say.

You are one hell of a writer!!

saxman1947saxman1947over 2 years ago

Would have been nice read about Sean's reaction to finding out the map was real....that he could have had all that gold...and he gave it away in exchange for life in prison.

Oldsofty1961Oldsofty1961about 2 years ago

Like ibuguser said plenty of plot twists very fun read five

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I'd give you a ten if I could.

You are one helluva writer.

I read every one of your stories and found only one I didn't care for.

Thank you for everything you've given to your readers.

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Very

Very good story.Though Brenda probably didn't need the money,she should sue her workplace for wrongful dismissal.

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941over 1 year ago

You profess to being a sup par author/writer, so far nothing could be further from the truth as you are an exceptional story teller your imagination is way out there and your ability ti turn it into prose is way beyond ordinary, so please keep it up and don’t forget your roots when you make the big time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A solid four stars, because of some plot and action inconsistencies. Otherwise, a solid story.

JPB

nixroxnixroxabout 1 year ago

4 stars - second read - it was entertaining and at at the very least he divorced the stupid SLUT

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

A twister,,,,Bravo!

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades11 months ago

Enjoyed the story. Thanks for your writing.

RodzzzRodzzz10 months ago

You are good....One of the very best. I sure wasn't prepared for the shocker-ending. 5 stars.

Chimo1961Chimo19617 months ago

Hell of a good yarn, could be the plot of a longer series. 5

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Always nice to find a lost gold mine after a treasure ship and a cheating wife. Then relocate to California along with the third of the nation's homeless population and better weather. Could have been killed for his fortune like the Osage tribe and Choctaw. Deadman tell no tales?

NitpicNitpic5 months ago
Why

Why didn't Brenda sue her firm for wrongful dismissal?

SeaChangerSeaChanger5 months ago

Excellent. Good thing Aaron didn't rent a helicopter !

MuleyMuley4 months ago

Not for nuthin, who walks in on the one who cheated and planned to kill you, and says “I’ll put on a fresh pot of coffee “? Recurring coffee obsession through many of your stories. It takes something away from otherwise great narratives. Nitpicking? Sure, there’s another author with a Jack Daniels obsession. “Golden brown nectar”

chasbo38chasbo383 months ago

I enjoyed this. It was a bit to long for what the content had to say but that is your prerogative.

FluidswallowerFluidswallower3 months ago

Thanks for a well-writt3n, intriguing and captivating tale. Very well done!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Five stars al the way with laptopwriter.

knoxhardknoxhard19 days ago

A fun story. A 5.

Brenda really has to be brain dead, though. She started having sex with a guy she didn't love while knowing she had a pre-nup that left her broke. The comment about the job she hated clearly made no sense at all. She didn't have to work.

I'm one of those that is always curious about the why. Yes, cheaters always lie. Yes, the easiest person to lie to is one's self. Yes, cheaters re-write history and bullshit themselves and make up stupid excuses and all the rest. So her story would be full of trickle truth, half-truths, outright lies and nonsensical justifications.

But the cheater's why is the guts of the human flaw and sinful nature. It's the ultimate of the ordinary betrayals. And, in this case, she had so much more to lose than just her marriage. So how does a Brenda in a situation like this (not even any kids to exploit!) justify to herself the decision to risk it all for some sex? Makes no sense.

I think this tale could be improved by a lot by having Brenda fall head over heels in love with Sean. That actually makes her decision to cheat make some sense. And have her in complete agony over the plot to kill her husband. The moral misery of desperately wanting to please her lover and fearing she'll lose him if she fails him. But struggling to justify being part of such an evil plot.

Maybe someone can write her story. And the crazy mind games of an emotional woman deep in affair fog who has to face the horrible place her lust has brought her.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous