All Comments on 'Perception Collides With Denials'

by moreandmore

Sort by:
  • 84 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy5 months ago

Stand your ground!

5

PraetusPraetus5 months ago

It ends a bit abruptly and we get told she's all contrite, but the last bit of dialogue is her being sanctimonious. I think we need to see an actual bit of contrition otherwise it rings a bit hollow.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Shouldn't it be compulsory? Why get married if you know you're likely to be raped in a divorce in some countries.

Especially considering that almost 50% of marriages end up this way.

I know, I know, I know. I know you do.

So that Lit writers can write stupid scenarios where the man suddenly discovers (as if he's grown up and lived in a cave) that his wife is going to have everything and if he divorces her, he'll sleep under a bridge.

truthandjustice99truthandjustice995 months ago

Man destroyed marriagefor lack of trust Don't have kids to have to put up with his shit Wife willo never fully trust husband or visa versa

AardieAardie5 months ago

Either she was cheating or this story is in the wrong category. At least he has a post-nup.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

good man!!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Perception and denial doesn't make for a loving wife story.

johntcookseyjohntcooksey5 months ago

Two points for mom and dad wisdom. An understated tempest in a teapot drama with a pleasing outcome. Always appreciate a new m&m story. Thanks

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinion5 months ago

Proactive. Loved it. Too many times we read a story and say in our heads, don't turn a blind eye to the problem, DO SOMETHING! This time the hubby did.

hindsight2020hindsight20205 months ago

3* for a mediocre tale.

RePhilRePhil5 months ago

A good man and a terrible wife. Thanks for the story always a pleasure to read them. I like the ones that get me made and go against my personal realities. Basically I like to experience the emotion of frustration and anger something not present in my everyday life. Yeh I am a lucky sod. Married 47 years to my soul mate and best friend and i get to hug my grandkid everyday

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc5 months ago

Great story that pulled me into their world before I knew it. Anyone who is a regular on this site knows she was cheating - LOL! I would’ve liked her viewpoint to add depth and how they ended up. 4.3*

miket0422miket04225 months ago

Her explanation of coming home hot to trot seems plausible but, why was it once every 4 weeks or so? If her co-workers workers were talking about kinky stuff that got her turned in why was it only once a month? Seems like it would have been happening every Friday.

That explanation still doesn't account for how she dressed to go see the band. As for her claiming she didn't know where they were going. Hubby proved it to her before she left and she still didn't make any changes to her outfit.

The author says things ended happily so we have to accept that but, it feels like there was still a whole lot that wasn't explained or discussed between this husband and wife.

demanderdemander5 months ago

I liked this one. She skated to the edge, then came back. A cliffhanger. D

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawk5 months ago

If the dildo was only a gag gift, why did she keep it? More to the point, why did she keep using it?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Why would she stay with this insecure little clown? A better ending would have been her divorcing him, and not signing any post-nuptial agreement.

Regguy69Regguy695 months ago

Do something! I like that idea. He laid it out for her and told her what he saw and how he felt. She refused to share and tried to belittle his approach. Mom and Dad saved the day by forcing her to face reality. Hopefully it will continue to improve for them now that they are truly a couple again. Nicely done, thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This is how men SHOULD act. Without a man, a woman has no status. Women WANT a family with a GOOD man. But when she thinks she's in complete control, it's easy to abuse their man and disrespect him. They still had no kids, and they're still young. All he had to do was call her bluff. Act like a wife or I'm gone, and no I don't trust you anymore. That's all he did. And that's all it took to undue all the shit advice her toxic friends were feeding her. Her punishment was the post nuptial. Now her vows aren't just religious, but punitive. She deserved that.

BSreaderBSreader5 months ago
Proactive

That is the ticket man enough to jump in with both feet. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Ross is a child. Immature, insecure and paranoid. He filed divorce papers because of how Whitney was dressed to go see a band?? Because sometimes she was horny and sometimes she wasn’t?? Grow up, little boy. And Whitney could have easily told him what was going on when he first asked, so she is guilty, too. Two children who probably got married way too young. Idiots.

KRD19254KRD192545 months ago

I still see trouble on the horizon, she is just one step away from the label CHEATER and post-nup activation. If it happens I hope it happens BEFORE any kids arrive. But number one is to stop her Friday adventures as her peers are not helping.

\

4.4**** Hooyah

Buster2UBuster2U5 months ago

She is a slut and should DUMP her before the kids are created. Once she starts cheating there is NO POINT in staying. GNO's are a formula for trouble, just an excuse for married women to go out and fuck strange men while the hubby sets at home without a clue. 5 stars for interesting story. Thanks, Buster2U

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ5 months ago

She signed so when she does cheat, and she will, he can pull it out and end it. He should hold off on the kids for a while longer.

Buster2UBuster2U5 months ago

Ross is a Great Husband. When I was younger, like him in this story, the bitch would be risking going to the ER if she insisted on going to this Girl's Night Out, because I WOULD NEVER permit it, regardless. If she insisted, and got out the door all her shit will be in the street when she returned. PERIOD! When a wife starts acting like a whore, starts doing things like a whore, she is a whore. Just like the Duck example. LOL WHORE! "Nip it" like Barney Fife used to say. "Nip it in the Bud!!" thanks, Buster2U

phill1cphill1c5 months ago

I can't imagine forbidding my wife from going somewhere. I mean, she is an adult. But I probably would spoil any GNO with my unwanted presence. And then it's over like that! One way or another. And that was this story!! Bravo

rockdoctor63rockdoctor635 months ago

Thanks for the great story. If she was not cheating she was on the road to it. I agree with many of the other posters that her actions spoke louder than words. Why did he not wait an hour and drive to the bar and watch his wife? That would have told the story. Hopefully the postnup might have brought her to her senses before she cheated.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Looks like Whitney stepped up to the edge of the cliff, looked over it, and almost jumped. Had not her parents reached out and grabbed her, she would have.

.

Doing a post nup by hubby to get her attention was smart. Not only protected him, but got her attention. Unfortunately he needed to follow it up with divorce papers. Apparently that got her parents involved, and subsequently saved the day. But he was still smart to continue to insist on the post-nup.

.

4 ****

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

No way start a family. He is crazy.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Well, that bowled me a googly. A wife who comes to her senses after being called out on her behaviour! Whatever next?

JR

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I like the way you ended your story especially the wife explainationof the so called gift.

Hblack00Hblack005 months ago

She kept the dildo to pull his chain. We really only know of one use, the time he came home and she was using it, obviously a setup.

PatricksonPatrickson5 months ago

I like the stories where swift action prevents a marriage either breaking up or a person cheating. I get not every marriage can be or should be saved. I get not every man thinks that prevention is better than cure. But I do know that for me, I'd rather stop a problem from happening than deal with the fall out - even if it doesn't make for such a good story. Well written. Thank you for posting.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

My opinion he should have followed through with the divorce and failing that never have any children with her.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Anonymous 28 minutes ago

"Ross is a child. Immature, insecure and paranoid. He filed divorce papers because of how Whitney was dressed to go see a band?? Because sometimes she was horny and sometimes she wasn’t?? Grow up, little boy. And Whitney could have easily told him what was going on when he first asked, so she is guilty, too. Two children who probably got married way too young. Idiots."

Ah, the mouse roars! Like Whitney's dad told her, "...If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it's a duck."

It isn't childish. immature, insecure or paranoid to be concerned for your marriage. Ross filed divorce papers because of; Whitney dressing like an available tramp to see the band, in a venue she previously established was a disgusting 'meat market', lying about not knowing where the band was playing, having regular Friday Girls Nights Out then coming home uncharacteristically horny at unusual times, weaponizing sex against Ross, using a dildo in front of Ross while claiming he "wasn’t interested", and doing all this instead of rationally and reasonably talking about Ross's concerns with her erratic behavior. Yes, her erratic behavior, as Ross clearly identified an abnormal pattern in her actions. Whitney is the one who blew up into a petulant, belligerent child. Grow up little girl. Whitney should have told Ross what was going on when he first asked, she is guilty. One childish woman who married a more mature man. Hey, even Whitney's parents agreed with Ross once they got the whole picture.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Didn't believe a word she said.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

She made him in secure. Thus a post nuptial contract. It definitely weakens the marriage

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

It was the kinky talk her friends were discussing?? Riiiiight. But, honey, it didn't mean anything...

Just_WordsJust_Words5 months ago

5*****! I liked it a lot. She wasn't behaving wifely and was immature. That immaturity led to behavior that inspired suspicions. It works and she needed to grow up. Ignore the critics. It's a good story.

6King6King5 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

MormonJackMormonJack5 months ago

I'm sort of like her dad: if it walks like a duck and acts like a duck, it's probably a duck.

Good LW story, thank you!

dgfergiedgfergie5 months ago

Very good, a bit different but I liked. Yeah, the duck thing explains it. Written well and it sure looked like divorce but I guess he's still a trusting guy but you know what they say, trust but verify!

Wavedave45Wavedave455 months ago

I fucking hate the Insecurity card that gets played in 80% of hands because it effectively shuts down the argument. This is why discussing crap beforehand is vital and sticking to your guns. Otherwise you're gonna get the insecurity card played every time effectively nickle and diming you to something that can't be undone.

Besides, "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you". You could be totally insecure. That doesn't mean she's right.

AmbivalenceAmbivalence5 months ago

Whitney wasn't budging "I need time to think about this."

.

"this" being what? Whether she wants a divorce or whether it actually *does* sound like she's cheating when laid out as he did?

.

I'm thinking if you need time to think about if you want a divorce, you should get a divorce - whether you wanted one or not.

inka2222inka22225 months ago

Sorry, but a 3.5-star meh. You did NOT in any way shape or form convince me that she wasn't either cheating or intending to cheat, and the bluff with the polygraph workd - he didn't take her up on it. I gave it an extra 0.5 stars for the post-nup and not giving in to in-laws, but I still think staying married to disrespectful lying bitch who had no problem telling her "love" hurtful things was a big mistake. As was telling her about stock options.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I'm confused as to what story is being finished here. I guess I'm not sufficiently up on the author's stories. The story is relatively well written, what there is of it. The ending felt like it just deflated. 3*

detroitdave

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

They basically dislike each other before and after. Is that how relationships work in America?

ImpossiblefutureImpossiblefuture5 months ago

Would be interesting if a follow up occurred where she wasn't telling the whole truth at the start and a boyfriend comes knocking

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The old, worn out, stretched wide and gaping, canard: “I didn’t want you to think less of me because of some kinks.”

It’s fucking BULLSHIT is what it is. If she doesn’t want him to think less of him then tell him the damn truth or buy a set of restraints and gift wrap them with a note that only says “Please, Master” and she would have him eating out of her hand. But she had to go full holier than though bullshit.

Whatevs.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Nope! Good start, bad finish. Any woman who dresses like a slut, to go to a slut bar, with slut friends, is not wife material. All she did was counsel with her friends and mother to come up with lies that he chose to believe.

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

What an idiot husband would stay with a wannabe bitch wife ? The MC is once again described like a sheep while the immature irresponsible wife is described like a strong and smart woman: highly irrealistic fempov fantasy.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

No one with a male brain would accept such sluttish behaviour from its wife. Much better to put and end to that weak marriage and everyone on its own way.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Same old tale: an immature childish slut wife and a monkey husband, that shouldn't have been married. Poor future kids with such parents.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I guess he did the best he could with what he had to work with. He's a weak man, she's a stupid disrespectful woman. What could go wrong? Now they've got money? If she's smart she'll tie him down with a few kids before she starts fucking around, again. If he's smart . . ., well, he's already demonstrated that he might no something about computers, but knows almost nothing about people and human nature. He got what he married, so he deserves what he gets. Darwin laughs.

muskyboymuskyboy5 months ago

I don't believe her.

26thNC26thNC5 months ago

Wow, that was one hell of an intervention! It kind of snapped her out of her fog. She’ll need close monitoring for a long time. Great story.

OOAAOOAA5 months ago

GREAT story!!! Well done!!! 5 stars from here!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Always good to catch before the problem but I think she just had time to create story. You become the company you keep , it just happens. Once in a while with friends is great but a consistent every week where most likely guys and girls are going out drinking and already spending more time awake every day than with their families. If she was extra horney every four weeks then it was some one piping those times. She’s going to see a band but didn’t know where she was going , no way . Got a bunch of gifts for her birthday came in and went right to room , red flag . Every husband or wife epitome in and say look what my friends got me . She was clearly hiding something. Many know stories similar that really was just like this starting out before eventual divorce. There is always a slut friend or two that’s wildly single or a cheater that is always looking for friends to go down the rabbit hole with

Rocky62Rocky625 months ago

All that and he didnt follow her or have a buddy do it? Put an airtag in her car and slut purse. Not that hard to do before any voice recorders are bought

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good one

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Just ok. The MC put up with her shit for much too long. That is NOT how a good wife (or good husband) acts.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I agree with Anonymous that the MC put up with her shit for far too long. This is not a healthy marriage.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Well Done for the husband to take a position of “Don’t Screw Around Or There Well Be Results”.

CrazyDaveTrucker60CrazyDaveTrucker605 months ago

If this were real life, how long would you bet on that marriage? This woman doesn’t WANT TO BE MARRIED. Actions speak louder than words. Skip the post nap, go for the divorce asap. To bad they are bringing children into their mess. Sad about that.

MightyHornyMightyHorny5 months ago

... RAAC rarely have positive outcomes.

She stopped her shit... which doesn't meanat all that she wasn't cheating. At the very least, the level of disrespect she show d to her husband was enough to end their relationship.

I'm with a lot of commenters here would think it wouldn't take much for Whitney to restart a whole BS again. But, at least, the MC is now financially secure.

I guess that's a win... right?

mattenwmattenw5 months ago

Well done! 5*!

GardenshedGardenshed5 months ago

Good quick story. Not a clueless husband, just one that sees the signs and acts. Especially liked when Whitney’s parents went from believing her to siding with Ross. Nice ending thanks for writing.

5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

drbenchpress66drbenchpress665 months ago

Gaslighting is so aids

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

She's way too disrespectful.

fritz51fritz514 months ago

I don't agree that "he sees the signs and acts" because he still doesn't KNOW EXACTLY what she was up to. He needs to know, for sure prior to kids.

Chimo1961Chimo19614 months ago

Nope. Don’t believe she was t riding cocks. She wants it big? Can’t pretend why. She is a useless dirty whore. Dumpster hiding all your money. She can make a living on her back like other whores

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit4 months ago

Trust, but verify. Forever.

Schwanze1Schwanze13 months ago

Don't think I'd be willing to bet my lifetime on THAT one.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Good story. She may have been doing stuff that wouldn't pass the husband test. She may not. She definitely was being stupid with dressing like that when going to those types of clubs. It gave an impression of being less than totally trustworthy. Overall I liked how this was written. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Her dad said it best.

kirei8kirei82 months ago

Liked the parents. When she left the house looking like a whore, why not follow her. Then she would have no excuses not to sign the prenup.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

In laws were great. Story felt a bit incomplete. She addresses the Friday nights and claims ready to take a polygraph (which she probably passes with regards to no adultery but dubious a out passing the spouse test). Clearly her friends are a bad influence. But what about the night all dressed up to hit Nightcrawlers with a badn and then the dildo? Some of her duldo use is she is pissed at her husband, but still some hanging Chad left unresolved. In addition to the postnuptial, they need counseling. Probably more oriented to invigorating their marital sex life. Whitney was clearly repressing some stuff. 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I felt this story needed some more details to flesh it out more. It was good but could have been really good with a few additions. I enjoyed it overall. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

GREAT story! There are some writers whose MCs are not these petulant, whiny, passive-aggressive little men-children who cry, puke, get wasted, run away, and ghost the women whom they purport to LOVE. As Omar Little stated, "A man gotta have a code!"

-

"Oh, indeed!" This MC does!!

AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

Any supposedly commited person who feels the need for "girls or boys night out" at meat markets, is not one to start a family with. It's single person mindset, definitely not mature enough for kids.

AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

SHIT story!

This man has no code putting up with a petulant, whiny, passive-aggressive little woman like her. Kick the cunt out she was on the prowl like a bitch in heat.

The only good thing this mc did was make her sign a post nupt to keep her accountable, every marriage needs a pre nupt.

AnonymousAnonymous3 days ago

Do-it-yourself pre-nups and post-nups are a way to guarantee that someone is disappointed in the divorce. Hint. It's not the person whose idea it was to sign the silly thing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermoreandmore@moreandmore
A day without sex is like, um, just kidding. I have no idea. I am judged by what I've done and haunted by what I didn't do. I write stories in an attempt to entertain. If it evokes hate filled or non-constructive comments then I smile while I delete them. I won’t have you...