phanTOMORROW Ch. 07: PARALLEL PARKING

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Fuck it! You deserve to feel those emotions in reality." Lifting his hand toward her he used a finger to attempt wiping away a glossy tear. Finding it damp stunned him. Pulling away he looked at his knuckle and saw wetness. "Whoa!" She was still ghostlike but discovered his touch as if uncertain what just happened. As if blind she searched around for the caress but couldn't quite pinpoint him. Finally, Griffin just went for it and palmed her face. His touch found substance with the normal soundless scream then her physical body returning. Focus sought out very slowly it gave him time to inspect behavior. "Please don't kill me." He was really nervous.

Eyelids lifting, she shared crystalline eyes. Her body while normal in texture and flesh tone he felt body heat returning to her. "That's odd in itself. Sonya was cool still, even hours after I brought her back. I wonder if it's because of the glass she phased through. Her eyes are like tiny crystals even though they're still a gorgeous brown. There's even a shine to her flesh like she's wearing baby oil. Three days under a shower, maybe?" An inevitable shrug he eased back for safety.

"Bao? Can you hear me?" He attempted communication. Staring at him with watery eyes she began to draw away from him, not out of fear but of uncertainty. "My name is Griffin. I'm a friend. Please speak English."

"Where am I?" She grew confused. "Why am I..." Modesty striking her she covered her body parts up in a panic. In response Griffin reached behind him on the bed and brought her robe down and handed it to her. Looking away gave her a minute to put it on and stand up with weak limbs.

"Dressed now?"

"Yes! How... why are you in my room?"

"Long story! Your sister Sune Yi sent me to rescue you."

"My sister?"

"Sune Yi?"

"Bitch!" Bao sighed. "She knows I'm here to assume control over father's company."

"She seemed concerned for your safety. She's trapped at HiMa and can't leave there. Again, long story."

"Where is your shirt?"

"Sorry! I left it in my truck. I'll put it back on before we go back to reunite you with Sune Yi."

"I am confused. What has happened?"

"This is hard to believe but I swear to you it's true and I can prove everything. The whole world blinked out of existence. I can show you ghosts everywhere we look. Oh! Hey, I have an important question for you. Is anyone trying to kill you?"

"WHAT?" Her eyes bulged.

"Well, there's a guy outside your room in the hallway that had a gun with a silencer. When he ghosted out like the rest of the world, everything he had on him, clothing and the gun fell to the ground. I had to use his gun to shoot the deadbolt lock off to get in here to save you. It's in the bathroom before you freak out thinking I'm the guy. I swear I'm not any threat to you Bao. Oh, another thing... did you know there's a penthouse full of Ninja's upstairs?"

"WHAT?" She yelped again and began pacing in circles. Eyes bulging, she dropped to her hands and knees and peered under her bed. Reaching up under the box spring she brought something hidden down to examine. A cloth covered sword easily noted by the appearance Griffin stood up leery of her finding. Even more he stepped to the bedroom door prepared to go for the gun if she freaked out on him. Instead, as he observed her unwrap the sword, he found her emotional. "It is safe."

"That's a beautiful sword." He offered insight.

"It is ancient. My father is Japanese, my mother Chinese. It is a generational tradition to marry in such a way. This blade is the careful bond between two worlds. My father's ancestors, mine as well, crafted this katana centuries ago. It was left to me when he died. Sune Yi wants it, but she is Chinese, my sister. The sword was born in Japan. Again, of two worlds."

"Wow! So, you're saying Sune Yi is suckering me into bringing you to her? She says she's a Ninja, is she connected to those guys in the penthouse?"

"Yes! Although Chinese, she was secretly taught the ways of Japan. Only my father kept her from being shunned. I was unaware of their arrival. She must have sent them to reclaim the sword. Her connections are not so noble."

"So! Ninja's not friendly." He gnashed his teeth. "Maybe what happened to the world was in your favor or you might be dead now."

"Yes! Thank you for the warning." She hesitated long enough to look into her blades reflection at herself and noted her crystalline eyes. "What has happened to me? It is as if I am wearing baby oil." Exactly what he was thinking!

"I'm not sure. I do know my touch brought you back to life. I can do that somehow. So far, I'm the only living being in New York City that I'm aware of. Well, now you, but I can't guarantee how long that might last. The effect fades unless I offer more DNA to keep them from going ghost again."

"Thank you. This is much to comprehend."

"Oh, how well I know. I'm learning as I go on the effects it has on others."

Another glance into her blade she noticed Griffin's reflection. Through the pristine blade she saw something remarkable. "You are a ghost."

"Excuse me?"

"Look for yourself." She rose to her knees and with two hands holding the sword to not appear menacing shared his reflection in it.

"Holy shit! Now I know I'm not a ghost."

"Two worlds." She refreshed his memory. "The metal this blade is made of... is otherworldly I am told. Specifics I do not know. I believe Sune Yi wants it for herself and what power it represents."

"Does it give you powers?" He chuckled! "Big Mortal Combat fan."

"That movie was horrible." She scowled! "Love the video game though." Sheathing the sword, she covered it back up. "No powers that I know of."

"Uhhh? It just made me look ghostly."

"True! Perhaps it sees the dead for what they are."

"If I were dead that would make you a medium."

"True again. I have no answers. I am just grateful you have come to save me."

"So what now? Do you want to go back to HiMa and confront Sune Yi?"

"Yes! What concerns me now is who sent the hitman?"

"Not Sune Yi?"

"She sent Ninja. Ninja do not use guns. I would know."

"So, you're Ninja too?"

"No. My training is in Wuxia. The other world I speak of. Sune Yi and I were raised separately in two different countries. Father insisted we know both worlds, both cultures. Now that he is gone... one world, I fear. Hers!"

"Man, she sure had me fooled. She really seemed concerned about you."

"She loves me but also loathes me. It is how she was taught. How is it you were able to communicate with Sune Yi?"

"Well, she was a ghost like you were but somehow self-aware while you were not. She showed me how to get into the Holographics lab at HiMa. She couldn't get in on her own but guided me into the necessary code to get through the door."

"Why were you at HiMa?"

"Oh! My mom is a scientist. She's a ghost... well a living hologram. Don't ask me how it's possible. I can make her physical, but she can't leave her own lab until she can design a portable way of keeping herself together. She sent me for parts at HiMa. With no world to stop me I suppose technically I was stealing. Trust me I'm no thief but this is trying times."

"Did you bring Sune Yi back like you did me?"

"Well, she kind of got in a hurry on her own. When I told her about my mom touching a hologram, she touched one actively playing in the lab. She's kind of in flux now. I can see her aura and her shape, but she can't touch me, nor I her at this point. That's why she requested I come save you. Does that sound like someone who means you harm?"

"I have mixed feelings concerning that. She is not all bad, I do know that she loves me. Yet, why send Ninja?"

"Are you certain she did?"

"Well, no! Perhaps there are more parties involved that she and I do not know of."

"Man, this is right out of a movie. Maybe we should get out of here in case there's things that go beyond our perception. I don't want to be involved in some war."

"Nor do I." She realized her robe had come open revealing a nipple and blushed, "Forgive me." Covering herself she ushered him out of her room and closed the door. "I will be right out."

"Right! I'll just grab that gun in case we need it." He felt helpless suddenly. A gun in his hand seemed better than not having one to defend himself. Yet, in a world of ghosts was it needed? For now, to calm his nerves, yes!

Five minutes later Bao opened her bedroom door and was fully dressed. Wearing a blue dress with white blossoms, her hair pinned back by a bone hairclip and smelling yummy she prowled her hotel apartment and brushed up against Griffin in passing. Her hand grazing his back he felt pain. "OW!" He immediately stressed that she might be the actual bad guy here.

Looking at her hand she discovered blood on her nails. Eyes bulging, she retreated to look at his wound. "I am sorry. I did not think my nails to be so sharp. Let me get you a band aid." Detour into her bathroom she went for the medicine cabinet and slightly caressed the mirror. In doing so it left a scratch in it. Shocked by it she ventured to touch the mirror further and cut into it as if her hands were razors. "How am I doing this? How did I not...?" Examining her dress, she realized there were slices in the material. "Unacceptable!"

"Find the band aids? I might need disinfectant too." He used his earlier bath towel to dab at his bleeding back.

"I'm afraid to touch anything. Look at my dress?" She shared skin peeking through unnoticed slash marks. "My touch is... very sharp." She again etched a line in the mirror. "How did I not cut the cover to my sword?"

"Maybe your body is reacting to the glass you walked right through from the shower. I think you've somehow bonded with it. To be honest I was afraid to bring you back to life because I thought you might shatter."

"I am quite sturdy still." She tests her theory and slaps the sink. Her pressure on it cracked the basin but not her hand. Clenching her fist, she examined herself. "No harm to my hand."

"Just to my back." He grimaced. "I know you didn't mean to cut me."

"I did not. I am very sorry." She too uses the towel to wipe his blood off of her fingertips. Washing them she let him locate the Band-Aids and apply his own. Touching them shredded two packets before giving up. "This will take some getting used to. I cannot even wear gloves."

"Hold up!" He noticed something on her face. "Oh, man!"

"What do you see?"

"I... think I left my fingerprint on you."

"What?" She examined her temple to see his actual fingerprint. "How is that possible?"

"Well, your body adapted to the glass door so I'm thinking my touch smudged my print. You might be stuck with it." Then it dawned on him, "Wow! Weird concept but... my DNA might just be a part of you now. I guess we'll see if you don't ghost out on me again."

"I might do that?" She flared her gaze.

"Well, experience thus far, my touch only lasts maybe an hour without digesting some of my DNA into your system."

"How is it you do that?"

Gritting his teeth, he had no choice but to reveal his darkest secrets. "Spit! Urine! Jizz! Hair or fingernails to suck on. Sorry to be gross but... I don't have a better solution."

"Jizz? Seriously?" She winced then realized something. "My locket."

"I think I left it on your bed."

"I cannot lose it. It belonged to my mother."

"Let's go find it. I'll hook it up so you don't damage it."

"Thank you, Griffin."

"My pleasure." He followed her to the bedroom to discover it in the comforter, blending into the color scheme. Clasping it about her neck she looked stunning. "Listen, if you do fade out, I can bring you back. We just need to find ways to make it longer visits."

"Hopefully in a fashion that does not require those things you mentioned."

"Aww! You don't want me to jizz on you?" He chuckled and nearly nudged her arm but drew back in a hurry.

"Did you..." She looked confused, almost suspicious for a moment. "I swear I just had a flash of you dangling my locket in front of me saying you are getting horny."

"Vivid imagination!" He chuckled.

"Strange! It seemed so... real."

"Dunno what to tell you." He hid his expression. "Need me to help you change dresses?"

"Why? I'll likely destroy that one too. Perhaps I need a suit of armor." A frown made it all very depressing.

"Sorry! For what it's worth?" He clammed up until she insisted that he finish his thought with a glare. "You have a nice body. Outside of me who's going to see you to even be modest? Unless I bring others back to life maybe. Until then, I say... go naked."

"I might not have a choice."

"Here! I'll gather up a few dresses just in case and carry them for you. I'll assist your dressing and leave the no straightening your skirt up to you." A razz left her to shake her head. She did point out her favorite outfits. "Once you deal with Sune Yi I guess you'd be on your own. I do need to get back to my mom here sometime soon. Are you taking the sword?"

"Of course! I will not let it out of my sight."

"Gonna be able to carry it?"

"I did unsheathe it without harming the hilt. Perhaps I only cut softer fabric, skin is soft."

"Yeah, but you carved lines into the mirror, so it does cut harder things. Not to mention I think you might be stronger than you appear, you did crack the sink top."

"I did." She paused then smiled. "Perhaps I am... better than I was."

"I don't know what to make of it all. Sune Yi said her aura might be due to her Ninja training whatever that means. Maybe yours is working in a similar manner."

"I am not Ninja. I am Wuxia. Yet... perhaps my chi is connected to my changes. Let us hope I do not fade away."

"Same here it's nice having someone to talk to again. Well, other than my mom. You get the idea."

"Yes. Regarding my vision earlier?"

"The necklace hypnotism?"

"Yes." She shyly grinned. "A shame, I get horny quite often." She plucked up her sword and did notice the covering with tiny cuts. Disregarding the outer blanket she simply took the sheathed sword by itself. So far, it wasn't damaged in any way. "Let us go."

"Right behind you Babe... I mean Bao."

"You may call me Babe."

She did find her savior cute.

Seductive minx!

Whew! Shoo!

12