Pharaoh’s Curse Pt. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

However, Andrew's heckles were on end as Anta and Carla marched towards him with displeased looks on their faces. "And just who was that Andy?" they asked as one in an accusing tone. Their heads turned as all Andrew did was point over at the image of Isis that had been removed from the wall of one of the tombs from the Valley of the Queens. Their heads snapped over to him with a look of 'Really?!' in their eyes then a look of forgiveness appeared within their depths for their fit of jealousy.

"Can you forgive us?" Anta asked sweetly as she cozied up to Andrew's left side.

"We're sorry we got so... possessive of you," Carla said softly as her right hand rested on his chest as he pulled them tightly into his sides.

"Don't worry about it," Andrew said, brushing it off. He had far more important things to worry about than their jealousy. "Hello, Bill, Haas," he greeted as the two of them approached them. "Where's what's his name?" Andrew asked, totally forgetting the name of Anta's ex-boyfriend.

"Oh, him," Anta kept her sneer to a minimum, "the moment you were gone, he so tried to use his tricks on me, and when that didn't work, he tried them on the Professor. Who slapped him so hard. I'm surprised you didn't hear it?" Anta said, giving him a questioning look as to what he had been doing.

"I knew he got around, but I didn't think he was that stupid," Bill chimed in, knowing Abasi wouldn't be joining them back out on the dig or any dig for a long time.

"Oh? Did he, interesting, so what's going to happen to him?" Andrew asked, looking at the four of them.

"Probably have a review done on him and his conduct since this is pretty much school property and this is a sanctioned school event. He's probably getting expelled or asked to transfer to another school to avoid another mishap. They tend to take these types of things seriously when a student thinks they can sleep with a Professor of good standing like Dr. Sanders," Haas stated before bringing up her glass of wine to her lips while secretly eyeing Andrew. She hadn't forgotten what he had done the last time he was in Egypt. She was still under the impression that something wasn't right with him.

"Couldn't happen to a nicer person," Andrew said sarcastically. "So, how's the party going anyway?"

"Better now," Anta said dreamily as she squeezed Andrew into her.

"Come, I'll introduce you to the rest of Dr. Sanders's class that you haven't met yet," Bill offered, ignoring how Anta and Carla were hanging onto Andrew.

"So, got any more wild assertions about Egypt?" Haas asked, peering back at him as she followed after Bill.

"I might, but I can't give all my tricks away," Andrew answered with a smirk.

"Hey, I got a question. Do you know anything about the lost pyramid[46]?" Bill asked over his shoulder. It really wasn't lost, given that everyone knew where the foundations for it were. Yet no one knew why it had been destroyed, so he thought to test Andrew since he had an assumption he was getting his information from otherworldly sources. That was the only thing he could explain about how Andrew knew things about Egypt that no one else knew.

"I might; why?" Andrew responded, knowing a fishing expedition when he saw one.

"Any clue as to why it's not a pyramid anymore?" Bill asked skeptically.

"I might," Andrew said, smirking when he was only giving out vague answers.

"What I thought, you're a charlatan," Bill accused as their class began to gather around them.

"Oh? Am I, be careful there with all that defamation you're spouting, you might not like what you find at the other end of your inquiry," Andrew spoke in an even tone.

"Then, if you got all this knowledge that even the Professor doesn't have, then tell all of us what happened to that pyramid," Bill demanded, poking Andrew in the chest. Looking oddly at Anta and Carla when they gently but firmly pushed him back. He would have thought they would be on his side, trying to determine what ploy Andrew was playing.

"Don't you dare demean our husband," Anta said, taking her class by surprise.

"Bill, you have no idea what you're about to step in. I would suggest you back off before you upset my man," Carla warned in a protective tone with the look to go with it.

"It's fine; they'll learn everything soon enough," Andrew spoke, noting how their cheeks grew red as he palmed their asses. "You want to know what happened to it. Well, Khafre[47]was a jealous little man; he couldn't stand that Djedefre[48] took the throne before him. So in a fit of rage, he slew Djedefre a year after Djedefre finished his pyramid. Once his power was secure, he went to work dismantling Djedefre's pyramid and using it and the stones of his complex to build his own since Sneferu[49] pretty much bled the coffers dry to build all his pyramids."

"That's just preposterous!" Bill exclaimed, throwing up his arms in frustration.

"Is it? Are you under the assumption that all was well within that bloodline? Given how Khufu[50]," sneering the name when Onouphrios' lingering hate still burned within his breast, "used Onouphrios' son to lead a rebellion against his father, only to slay the boy and take the throne for himself. So, is it not feasible to assume that those that sat on the throne of the two lands wouldn't resort to murder to gain power?" Andrew asked; the blue light of his divinity burned brightly in his pupils, causing the crowd to step back in surprise and shock as his Nemes materialized on his head. "You ask how I know all this? I know this since I. Am. Pharaoh. I know every little thing that lies beneath the sands of Egypt, for I am Egypt."

"Mr. McCain, a word, if you will?" Alex called out to her son once she could finally get away. Keeping her shock from her face when Andrew's Nemes was on his head. She had thought he would keep that a secret, at least until the last moment. Not showing it off like he was doing.

"Next time you defame my husband and King, you will face the Queen's ire, are we understood?" Anta said sternly, getting up in Bill's face before turning on a heel and following after Andrew with Carla by her side.

"Might we speak somewhere more private?" Alex inquired with a wave of her hand as she watched his Nemes return to the ether.

"Okay?" Andrew drew out the word. "What is this about?" he asked, following after his mother.

"Baby, are you okay?" Alex asked once they were well enough away from everyone.

"Yeah, why?" Andrew answered sheepishly.

"It's just you seemed tense, and you're Nemes. It was showing. I thought you didn't want to be known as Pharaoh just yet?" Alex whispered low as she lightly rubbed his left arm. "Plus, why were you scowling earlier?"

"Yeah, I was going to ask about that too when we were alone," Carla spoke up. "Andy, what did you mean that was Cleopatra?" Seeing Alex's shocked and questioning look, she gave her, to which Carla nodded.

"What did she do so wrong that it leaves a sour taste in your mouth?" Anta asked sweetly, resting a hand on his arm.

"She sold Egypt out just to stay in power when she, along with the rest of her bloodline, wasn't even the rightful rulers of Egypt. They were only keeping the throne warm, nothing more than placeholders," Andrew said dismissively. "Even the people of Egypt cared not for her or her ilk. Why do you think they buried her in an unmarked tomb along with her son, a bastard, I might add, she had with Caesar? So that she would be forgotten by time and history."

"Wait, wait, are you saying we have the body of Cleopatra on display right now, and no one knows it's her?!" Alex asked flabbergasted. Her jaw dropped when all Andrew did was nod. "Andy, I know she isn't your favorite," she said, taking on a sweet tone as she stepped up to her son. Gently plucking at the fabric of his jacket and giving her son her best puppy dog eyes. "But you'll tell me which one she is, won't you? You'll do that for me, won't you? You'll make the woman you lay with very happy, won't you?"

"You have her marked as Hatshepsut," Andrew said, nodding in the direction of the entrance.

"Really?"

"Mmmhmm," Andrew hummed.

"Andy, why were you talking to Isis?" Carla asked, shocking Alex even more.

"Oh, you know, making sure things are progressing as they should," Andrew said offhandedly.

"Andy, is that like the first time, the two of you talked?" Alex inquired; her heart raced when Andrew shook his head.

"Who do you think got you on tour in the first place. And you have met her too; you just didn't know it was Isis at the time," Andrew informed her, catching his mother by the arms as her knees grew weak.

"You're not messing with me, are you, Andy?" Alex uttered weakly.

"Afraid not."

"Did you have a good chat with Dr. Ali?" Carla asked, steering the conversation away from the topic of the Gods. She and Anta still weren't over the fact they had seen Bast in her true image.

"Somewhat," Andrew answered, rubbing the back of his head.

"What do you mean, somewhat?" Anta asked, rolling her hand when it felt there was more to it.

"She's Medjay," Andrew stated, noting how their eyes widened at that.

"Wait, as in the personal guard of the Pharaoh?" Carla asked for clarification, to which Andrew nodded.

"And why have they appeared now?" Alex asked, suspicious of their motives.

"They want to return to their old positions, and honestly, I am going to need their help in retaking the throne," Andrew sighed. He knew he couldn't do this alone, and he doubted the Gods were just going to hand him Egypt. "Oh, you know the old guy on the council you showed me a picture of?"

"Yeah?" Alex intoned, drawing out the word.

"He's the leader," Andrew said, watching how his mother rubbed her forehead. "And that girl Halima is a part of their group," he spoke, peering over at Anta and Carla. Not to alarm them but to inform them to keep their eyes open.

"That I am, my Pharaoh," Halima said from behind Andrew, surprising the four of them. Keeping her mirth contained as, she smiled friendly at them as they turned to peer at her. Placing her hands behind her back to show them that she posed no threat to either one of them. Noting how Andrew's eyes glanced down as she wore her Uraeus proudly against the dress she had changed into and not hidden like it once had been. Once she had changed out of her outfit, she went in search of Andrew. Stealthy following after him when she noticed how he was moving away from the group he had been talking to.

"Some reason you're interrupting our private conversation?" Andrew asked in a hard tone.

"I come to offer you my services, my lord," Halima stated, placing her right arm diagonally across her chest as she bowed at her waist to him.

"Come again?" Andrew uttered, confused.

"You're making waves Pharaoh," Halima uttered, waving her right hand towards the other side of the museum. "People are starting to notice, and some of those people aren't too willing to give up their power. I'm here to serve as your bodyguard and theirs," she said, nodding toward the other three. "We have known about you all for some time, so we know our lord is holding true to the old traditions. So don't think we disparage your relationship with our lord," she said, staring right at Alex, who blushed a deep red. "It's fitting that the Princess of Egypt is wedded to the King of Egypt. As it has been throughout the Pharaonic line."

"And you can serve as a bodyguard?" Carla asked skeptically, crossing her arms and displaying her distrust on her sleeve.

"Oh yes," Halima nodded. "All those born into the order are trained the moment we can wield a blade. We just aren't a match for someone with thousands of years of fighting techniques at his fingertips," she said, smirking at Andrew.

"Andy, what is she talking about?" Anta asked, tugging on Andrew's right sleeve.

"Dr. Anders sent me into a trap, where the Medjay were laying in wait," Andrew said, seeing their glares burning into Halima.

"Only to test you, my lord, not harm you," Halima uttered defensively.

"And why did you have to do it in the first place?" Alex asked, not buying a word of it.

"To see if he was indeed the true Pharaoh or a pawn of Apophis; if the latter, kill him like we Medjay have done throughout the centuries," Halima said truthfully.

"And now?" Anta asked, putting herself between the woman and Andrew.

"Now, all we want to do is see that Egypt is once again the power it once was before the fall of the true Pharaoh," Halima said in reverence. "We will do whatever is needed to ensure the Pharaoh's will is carried out to the letter," she uttered with pride. She knew her parents were so proud of her when she was getting ready before heading off to the museum. She could see it in her father's eyes when she walked out. It wasn't lost on her how her father had pulled out his uniform they all were given when they were inducted into the order. Even her own mother was looking at herself in the mirror at how she looked in her uniform. So she knew if her parents were that excited, the rest of the order would be as well.

Anta's body heated when she felt Andrew's hands on the side of her arms and the warmth of his lips on the skin of her bare shoulder. Her face became a ripe cherry when Andrew whispered the words: 'My protector.'

"You know I only do it because of how I feel about you," Anta said lovingly as she leaned back against him.

"So, you're going to stick to my side, I take it?" Andrew asked, looking up at Halima.

"Mmmhmm, I promise you won't even notice I'm around," Halima replied with a nod. "I'm sure you don't even notice, my brethren," she inferred with a twinkle in her eye. "We are holding true to your order, my lord. While we might be in the shadows until the time is ready to step back into the light of Ra. That does not mean we'll leave our lord unprotected."

"I see," Andrew said plainly.

"And you can't be everywhere at once; you will need your guard to protect the Queens of Egypt," Halima said, smiling warmly at the three women. "The world is a far more dangerous place than it was back in the Pharaonic age. I know your lordship doesn't want any harm to come to them." Watching how Andrew's brow furrowed, knowing she hit the mark. "So, please, don't disrupt your evening because I'm here, this is a wonderous night, and you should enjoy it."

"Andy," Carla whispered, sidling up to him. "I'm feeling a little bit like dancing; we didn't get to do much while on tour. Can we?" she asked, knowing the perfect place to take him.

"You sure?" Andrew asked, glancing over to Halima.

"Mmmhmm."

"Alright, that's fine with me," Andrew spoke, turning his head as Anta began to sway her hips in excitement.

"Andy, you are so in for a treat; I've been known to cut loose on the dancefloor a time or two. How did you think I met your father?" Alex taunted with a smirk.

"Good, then it's settled," Halima nodded, bringing her left wrist up to her lips. "The Falcon is on the move," she spoke into the hidden microphone embedded within it. "Don't look so skeptical. We, Medjay, have had years to plan this out. It's only natural that we would have the means to keep you safe and communicate over distances," Halima said, stepping to the side, gesturing for them to lead the way. Knowing full well, the other twenty that were stationed around the museum were already making sure the path to the door was clear of any hostiles.

As Andrew and the trio left the museum, he was not prepared to see two black SUVs in front and behind the car that they had arrived in as it idled along the curb. Andrew thought it a little too much given how he hadn't taken the throne yet, nor had he been crowned yet. Then again, he doubted the crown of Egypt was just lying around somewhere. He was sure it had been destroyed when Rome took over or by one of the other conquerors throughout history. Andrew eyed the man who opened the rear door of the car warily as he did those that stood by the SUVs.

"Please, if you would, Pharaoh Menes, would you inform us of our destination," Halima spoke; while she was only a lowly member of the order, she was charged with safety while in her care, and she took her responsibility seriously. She wasn't about to bring disgrace to her mother or father for failing to hold true to the teachings they instilled in her. Nodding her head in understanding when Carla gave the name of the club she was going to take Andrew to. "Now you four just enjoy the ride; we'll take care of everything else," she stated in a friendly tone, only to take hold of Andrew's arm, stopping him from entering the car after Anta. "I know this is strange to you; trust in us; we will keep you safe."

"That remains to be seen," Andrew said authoritatively, removing her hand from his arm and climbing into the back.

******

The Ava Club on the west side of Cairo was bustling as their vehicles rolled to a stop along the front of the club. The onlookers who were not used to seeing such an event looked on in mystified wonder. Unbeknownst to Andrew was just how widespread the Medjay order had gone over two thousand plus years since the Kingdom of Egypt's fall. So when word reached the owner of the Ava Club, he had his employees get to work creating a very special area just for the visiting Pharaoh. Even kicking out some of his more influential and high-paying clientele. Not that the man cared how they took that, this was an event he nor anyone of his order was going to renege on. Even if that means he would lose a few customers. The bouncers went to work backing the people down the sidewalk once the owner had exited the front door giving the men the nod. Making sure he was presentable in the glass of the booth before turning towards the cars as the sounds of doors opened. Watching how his co-members moved to line the way towards the entrance to keep anyone from getting to the occupants in the back of the center car. The man's eyebrows rose as he watched one after another beautiful woman exiting the car only to see a boy no older than eighteen slide out of it. He had heard about him; he just couldn't believe it. Not that he doubted his order's intelligence work. Still, he couldn't believe a boy, not of his country, was to sit on the throne of the two lands. Nonetheless, he had been assured that the young man before him was indeed the Pharaoh.

Although, he couldn't deny that there was a certain air around the young man as Andrew looked up at the night sky. Glancing to the man nearest to him, making sure he too had heard Andrew thanking Khonsu for the lovely evening. That was when it all went still as a silver beam of light shone down from the heavens spotlighting only one person. Andrew.

"Greetings Pharaoh, I'm Ha-Neul, the owner and proprietor of this establishment. It's an honor to have you here this evening," he said, speaking in ancient Egyptian.

"Medjay?" Andrew asked, studying the man.

"Yes, my lord, please, if you would follow me, I've set up a very special area where you and your company can enjoy the evening," Ha-Neul said, gesturing to the door.

"You're just going to love this place, Andy. It's the best dance club in Cairo," Carla praised, looking longingly at the man beside her.

"Mmmhmm," Anta peered, rubbing her breasts into his back as she stood behind him. "And I can't wait to rub everything against you," she whispered heatedly against the back of his neck before placing a kiss on it.

"Thank you, my lady; I do take pride in providing the best for my visitors. If you just follow me, I'll take you to your own cordoned-off area I made once I heard of your arrival to my club," Ha-Neul said happily as he led them inside. "Now, if there is anything you need, food, drink, the music isn't right, you just let me know, and I'll get it right out to you. Or if anyone is bothering you, I'll make sure that said person doesn't interfere with your evening."

1...678910...13