All Comments on 'Phases of a Cheating'

by BobWrongerer

Sort by:
  • 72 Comments
TajfaTajfaalmost 3 years ago

A very good short story and well written. 4 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Not bad, but your editor should have caught the flip-flopping between past and present tense. A three.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I've read so many stories from the loving wives section this past few days and they're all just garbage but finally I've got an amazing one with yours. Thank you

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 3 years ago

if he noticed it in phase one, why didn't he go to phase 6 after he knew for sure?

ScaliaScaliaalmost 3 years ago

In America, the boss gets fired and the subordinate stays. This is a universal rule.

skruff101skruff101almost 3 years ago

The MC admonishes clueless husbands about their lack of attention yet he waited over seven months before taking action. That’s just as bad.

mattenwmattenwalmost 3 years ago

A straight to the point story without any frills. I would have wished for more emotions to understand why. But I still liked the story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

yep

justwetwojustwetwoalmost 3 years ago

Fun quick one; thanks! It feels a bit clinical and skips the self doubt, ego crushing navel gazing about what the husband did wrong. But that's not a problem to me.

KarnevilKarnevilalmost 3 years ago

Pretty bland really, no characterization, no emotion, no action, not even any names, just a few lines describing a sequence of events, we could get more information and feeling from a newspaper report.

This could have been done just as well but in a more economic way such as: We were married, she cheated, I found out and burnt the bitch, I got the house and kids, she ended up miserable, the end.

I appreciate the intention to be different and edgy but it still needs to be a story, this was far, far from anything, but I guess the BTB brigade will be drooling into their medication.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Sounds like he wanted his marriage to end right from the start; and he didn't care about their children's mother losing her job. What an ass. He got an unbelievably favorable divorce settlement.

Editors can be useful.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 3 years ago

"Her lover was her boss." - HUGE sexual harassment suit, even without the firing.

\

SHE has the lawsuit against the company, not him. Yeah, yeah, it's your story, your world, but your obviously placing it in the real world.

\

No-fault divorce, no way does she only get 20% of the assets and not her share of the equity in the house.

\

Pretty much "meh."

someoneothersomeoneotheralmost 3 years ago

Another story about "my lawsuit against my wife's company and ex-lover." Those things don't exist, and, when I see reference to such alienation lawsuits, I know the author is merely copying other people's stupidities. Nor would a court award custody to the father merely because the mother had an affair.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

This should be REQUIRED READING when renewing your 'Man Card'! 5-stars (25, if I could). This was a well-conceived, brilliantly written/edited and well-paced! (Thanks for not using the LW 'norm' of describing their entire marital history, including where they ate on their first date!) VERY good storytelling! More...

.

Two lines begging to be enshrined! One: "After almost 15 years of having only eyes for me, their absence was noticeable to me." And Two: "Hey, she may not have her virginity, but she still has the box it came in."

.

Of course the BTBAAC Cabal will complain that it wasn't a 300-word story where he tossed her for looking around the restaurant, but you wrote it perfectly. Thanks!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I agree with huedogg2. You didn't write that he said or did anything until so many months later in getting a PI. Hell, right at the start I would call her out as checking out the guys or say out load at the bar "I can see you in the mirror".

WhackdoodleWhackdoodlealmost 3 years ago

Meh, one star.

Unless she was in prison, the judge would order the kids stay with her and the house and, since she was now unemployed, alimony.

Not fair you say? Tough shit. Life isn’t fair. Deal with it.

Yeah but she cheated, she must be punished. By whom? The husband? The parents? The lW courts? We’ve already established that the courts would give her custody and s as lol the accoutrements that accompany that so the courts are out.

She would be suing her company for wrongful dismissal since her boss was the one who had the power in their relationship. No HR would touch this case because of the litigation they would have to face.

Her parents could hate her all they want; but clearly they are just abusive and need to be ignored, which she could go since she has the house, the kids, over half her ex husband’s paycheque, and the huge payout from the wrongful dismissal lawsuit.

GarySmith69GarySmith69almost 3 years ago

Wht wait? If you think or suspect someone is cheating why wait 6 months? I know most stories have thd husband waiting to find out but surely prevention is better than anything else?

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958almost 3 years ago

Nice funny story, Mr. Wrongerer. Write another, please. Randi.

GamblnluckGamblnluckalmost 3 years ago

I liked this one. Simple and to the point. You did not not need names the way you wrote it and no back story which was also not needed. That scored high.

It was a little confusing towards the end with how the affair ended and her getting fired and by whom etc. You hinted that suits were in the works etc. So she was still at hoe thinking her husband was clueless at that point? And why would he let the affair drag on for so long? seven months? I docked you a point for that part. but still gave you a 4

SkubabillSkubabillalmost 3 years ago

Five stars for the story. One star for the liberal left wing proselytizing

Mac_LapuMac_Lapualmost 3 years ago

Though it was a bit funny.

But it just pains me to see a family broken.

Cheating hurts. Everybody.

Well done author. Thanks.

JBinGAJBinGAalmost 3 years ago

Loved it! Way more truth than most would suspect. Bravo! More please!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

In a way, that was pretty good. Obviously by presenting it as an “after action” report it lacked emotion and catharsis. But you captured 5ne essence of a typical cheating cycle well.

But only a 3***…. Because “reports” are just not as fun 😎

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Excellent

The cunt got what she deserved. You don't cheat and think you're going to get away with it. The kids are better off also. "Do you want fries with that? Excellent!

Five Stars

FireFox59FireFox59almost 3 years ago

Nice short one Bob. What happened to your last story where the husband worked over the wife's lover pretty good?? Soyboys whine to Lit and they removed it?? That was my guess.

kirei8kirei8almost 3 years ago

Very good readable story. Write more please.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years ago

At the start, I expected it to be one of those cryptic outlines of a story, but it captured my imagination and I found it surprisingly compelling for a story with no dialog. That was good. Thank you.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 3 years ago

Not a bad premise and enjoyed the upfront "phase" definitions followed by example of our heroes life. The story was a little too sparse on plot depth to draw me in, though. 3*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A little clinical but it has all the right components to satisfy a confirmed btb lover such as myself. The in-laws of her lover beating him down was a little over the top bit didn't keep me from enjoying it. It's disturbing the ratio of good Bob's to unbelievable cuck nonsense on this site. It got to be at least 50 to1 in favor of the bullshit about a husband loving his wife enough to endure disrespect and humiliation at the hands of the wife who made commitments to him. I so appreciate the occasional story that celebrates self respect that a man can have.

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Great, pretty realistic sounding story Bob. This is how all the cheating spouse stories should go. In my opinion, this is your very best work and it sets a high bar for you going forward.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

All of you saying the kids would automatically go to the wife are full of shit. At a certain age the kids get to chose which parent they want to stay with.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Please someone tell me what BTB means. Can't find it anywere.

WargamerWargameralmost 3 years ago

Not bad, I liked it. Like the phases of grief.

Scores 4/5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Hmm

Unusual way to present the story. 4* thanks.

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

It was a good read, but could have been a little more fleshed out.

Drgnmstr97Drgnmstr97almost 3 years ago

I liked it well enough. It could have used some fattening out in some spots. A bit more girth to the vignettes would have made for a more enjoyable read. One thing I cannot understand, I realize this may speak more about me personally than betrayed spouses in general, is why any husband would tolerate a cheating spouse in the house for a second longer after realizing what was going on. I guess I could see however long it took to get the proof via a PI for the purposes of child custody but 7 months. I could not tolerate being in her presence for one minute more after knowing what she did.

Prince020402Prince020402almost 3 years ago

"Hey, she may not have her virginity, but she still has the box it came in."

Laughed like hell!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What about an alternative in which hubby takes action when wifey starts her affair?

enderlocke77enderlocke77almost 3 years ago

think ur title got cut off there

MigbirdMigbirdalmost 3 years ago

Off to reasonably good start, but floundered with unoriginal/standardized BTB storyline, stick figure characters and lacking erotica.

chytownchytownalmost 3 years ago

*** Nice entertaining read. Thanks for sharing.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 3 years ago

It was good and I liked the way you broke it all down. You missed the most important phase though... where she finally regrets the affair.

When the betrayed husband meets another woman and starts a new family with her, signifying that there's no chance of ever reconciling with his unfaithful wife. Her relationship with the kids is never the same after abandoning them during the affair and her own family now look at her with disappointment. She's hit 40 and can still get laid for a one-night stand, but the guys don't stick around for long. Reality finally sinks in that she's competing with single girls in their twenties and the high quality men her age aren't interested in anything permanent.

Loneliness, bitterness, and regret... at how she threw away her life for a tawdry affair.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

From the time that my first wife started her affair with a coworker to the final divorce decree, it was just 6 months. As soon as evidence was available at three weeks, i filed. We had no kids after 11 years,and pretty much everything i owned was protected by a trust,so there was no upside on my part to try and work things out.

Regguy69Regguy69almost 3 years ago

Liked it! Refreshing new format with no clichéd dialogue.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

this wasn't even a story. it was an outline of a story. did you write this while sitting on the toilet?

KalimaxosKalimaxosalmost 3 years ago
Pure fantasy

In real life, women are more in control of their actions when cheating.

Fact is, 85% of cheaters go undiscovered. And a good portion of those found out either stop caring if they are caught or confess. Rarely out of remorse. More like a stab in the gut to the spouse they are leaving. "Look what I did to you."

But we can fantasize a world where we men get to win and the wife eats the divorce shit sandwich... oh yeah, and the ultimate male divorce fantasy: the cheating wife's remorse she lost a good guy.

The reality is that cheating is not used in child custody. Women, unless they acted in a dangerous manner toward the kids, or gave up custody do not lose it. They can fuck ten guys on video and the court does not care. In some states disseminating such imagery falls under the revenge porn laws and the husband could go to jail.

So, like I said... fantasy. The Loving wives way.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A decent illustration of the progression of the symptoms, but you almost totally ignored the problem. Adultery is not the problem, it is just one of the symptoms. It appears the problem might have been that the husband was a cold predictable fish and the wife was arrogant, selfish, and really not very intelligent. Don't shit where you eat. The marriage might not have been saved, but all the suffering for the children could have been avoided if the cold blooded fish had intervened at Phase 1 or Phase 2. He indicates he knew there was a problem from the beginning, and he did nothing to confront and deal with their failing relationship. Sure, she breached the contract, but he sat back and watched her walk right into and open man hole.

First of all, since she is decent looking, likes to fuck, and has no morals or ethics she will do just fine. Find some ugly rich fucker and become his arm candy while fucking the pool boy. The husband will not find a replacement woman with any brains, since even a modest amount of inquiry will reveal he essentially sat back and allowed his ex wife to destroy herself, her marriage, and her relationship with her children, while he just watched and recorded events for his eventual retribution. Probably not the sort of "partner" most women would want.

Two fucked up people living fucked up lives. Happens every day.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

So so true on the phases ....i watched it happen as well from the same perspective. Except at the last moment before the divorce, i swooped in and reconciled with her. We now live happily ever after.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

YES!

LWlurker

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Kalimaxos, you forgot one important thing. Violence is very often the result of cheating and many women end up injured, living in fear, or even dead. Not all males are wimps. Take that and do not be stupid to think that you can fool with a red blooded male as if we are all wimps from LW.

Most of LW writers are retired old geezers anyway, younger people do not have time to write BS.

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

1 star - no comment

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Ok. I think this was a pretty good story. Short, and to the point. I think from what I read in the comments, a lot of people don’t like Bob, for taking the lord and savior Trumps name, in vain. in previous stories. Get over it.

Speaking of entitled, spoiled rich people who inherit their wealth, and fail at business, read “ the bridge” . I think it does a good job, of exposing the false sense of entitlement, and supposed genus these people possess. Anyway, 5 stars.

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

Yep, I liked this little instructional. Well done; it could have been longer, but that would have lessened the effect, and the lack of "character development" (which on the internet means drama attached to cardboard characters) doesn't hurt at all.

hicountryriderhicountryriderover 2 years ago

Short and sweet great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really good. But should have included the bitch trying to reconcile….and being to.d to take a long walk off a short pier.

.

4 ****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Fell a little short at the end. For example, what happened with suing the company?

lbeachamlbeachamabout 2 years ago

I love it when the wife gets what she deserves. Many times not. I'm always skeptical when the wife cheats with no tells. Maybe a one timer could come and go. But cheating regular would be easy to spot after a few weeks, I think.

I'm 47 years married and always "trusted but verified" any and all opportunities. Wife and I did everything together outside of work. She was dental assistant for 30 years and one dentist did chase skirts in our college town including his staff. My wife kept me in the know. After 2 years then I moved us out of the state for a better job. She was always pretty without being sexy. We always were together in mixed couple situation. We love only each other and I kept her happy with life

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great story as a wronged cheater I hate them with a passion (jaybee186)

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonabout 2 years ago

I was only going to give 4 stars until the, "still has the box it came in." Line.

5 stars for that alone!

Pjam1968Pjam1968about 2 years ago

Brilliant and brilliant written hahahah

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

TOO MANY CLUELESS WIMPY CUCK HUSBANDS OUT THERE

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ah, such a good story, well written, flowed smoothly. Matches your pen name. But I digress. I've read everything you've posted here. Your humor is infectious. I like that. This one, not so humorous, but a damn good story nonetheless. Please, keep it up. S. F.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This story, and the comments, reminded me of the current disconnect between young women and men, in relationship expectations. Go on tic toc, and you can find 100’s of young women, who are frustrated because, guys won’t commit to a relationship. They want what their Grandmother had. Here is the crux, of the problem. When I grew up, it was drilled into my head, if I wanted a woman to marry me, I had to make something of myself. Heck, even by the time you were a Junior in high school, you needed a job, and a car, to get a girl to date you. Once you were out of high school, any girl you dated, pretty much pumped you for information, on where your life was going. What were your career aspirations, schooling, etc? To get a girl to marry them, men were willing to work themselves to the bone, for 40 plus years. Then someone told women this system wasn’t “ fair” to them, and they needed to be equal, and not “ controlled” by a man. To be fair to women, technology had made a lot of the work around the home easier. They were no longer needed to spend a whole day doing the laundry by hand, or making meals from scratch. Raising babies was done by someone else, while your wife went back to work. Sooo... technology took away, things that women in the 30’s and 40’s had that were valuable skills. Then, gradually women were taught, they didn’t need a man. They could do anything he could do, maybe even better. As the traditional roles slipped away, young men stopped trying, to make something of themselves. This included, getting married, taking on huge mortgages, and working themselves to death. Seeing the slanted way divorces treated men, also was a contributing factor. Women used to be, the glue that held the marriage, and family together. Now, they initiate 80% of the divorces. I am not blaming this on either sex. But it is interesting, that usually it’s the women who are complaining about it. Look at it this way- When I grew up, there was a saying” Why buy the cow, if you get the milk for free?”. This is the new reality. The old one, ain’t coming back.

5 stars

gomer63gomer63about 1 year ago

"She may not have her virginity, but she has the box it came in".....Greatest line ever! I damn near wet myself laughing.... thanks for that! Loved the story!

Larch50Larch50about 1 year ago

The "box" comment was great. Funnyyyy.

l0ver0tical0ver0ticaabout 1 year ago

5 stars for Anonymous's comment that begins with, "This story, and the comments, reminded me of the current disconnect..."

Yup, gave his/her comment 5 stars because, in my opinion, it's worth reading and thinking about. Thanks, Anon...

RuttweilerRuttweiler9 months ago
This is really a “treatment”

More than an outline, less than a story. As is, the tale is as dry as burnt toast. Most of the commenters who loved this tale seem to have supplied their own “juice”. I guess if your goal in reading is to vicariously experience the joy of crushing the spirit of a fictional woman who lives only in your head, I can see how you might like this.

I suppose if you’re supplying all the emotions and dialogue, the story is as exciting as you the reader can make it!

AmbulAmbul2 months ago

One man's real or imagined experience told as if it was a formal report. Clear, direct and with no emotion. I liked it. And of course, the fabulous "box" line.

26thNC26thNC2 months ago

Great story. It gets better with each reading. Bob was on point with this one.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous