All Comments on 'Philanthropic'

by NoTalentHack

Sort by:
  • 206 Comments
Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 1 year ago

simply outstanding.

.

character reveals destiny And the wife had no character. The millionaire Actions determined his fate

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

i thought he was also going after the other people that play Simon's game

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Still need the bitch to pay

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitabout 1 year ago

There is a logical path there….I can’t follow it and murder cheapened it.

MrFreckleMrFreckleabout 1 year ago

Nice to see the asshole get his

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

All's well that ends well!

5

NegateGivityNegateGivityabout 1 year ago

Another great one. I love how you take familiar tropes and give them a swerve. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

That was entertaining. Some holes, but nothing that needs picking at, although regardless of his thoughts I would have liked him to get some revenge on Erin. I don't see how he didn't get half in the divorce, but you skimmed over that part. Elgin should also have gotten his. At least Mr. High and Mighty got what was coming to him and the story didn't go the way these things usually do. Plus points for being clever. Well done.

francemanfrancemanabout 1 year ago

Isn't this expression: "Hell is paved with good intentions".

But if I understand the message conveyed by the story, the good intentions were tarnished by resentment, the will to punish, and the influence of the businessman:

- it is to do at a lower cost, to avoid undue responsibilities and inconveniences, to focus only on the results...

Extensive philosophical debate:

-on freedom, the man who frees you (here from a slutty bitch) does it really?

Damn with all this, I forgot we were here to get hard and jerk off.....

Alright, I'm off to it......

See you.

swedishreader1swedishreader1about 1 year ago

I just finished reading indecent proposal by satindesires before checking out today's stories.

The irony.

Anyway, good story, original take and well written.

5*

A_BierceA_Bierceabout 1 year ago

Amazing Grace and Princess Bride. What perfect Easter eggs for this outstanding story.

deblackbusterdeblackbusterabout 1 year ago

Lol SatinDesires has an insanely similar story with the same premise. Private island and guards standing watch. This one took an unexpected turn at the end. Nice work.

Djmac1031Djmac1031about 1 year ago

Jesus fucking Christ I wish I could write stories this good!

Absolutely brilliant. You should be getting paid for this.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 1 year ago

Good one, well written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Stolen bits and pieces from the stories of other better writers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A miss with this one... though I like your ability to try different angles and as always your flow and structure is well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Really liked this! The allegory was subtle, but clear and maybe didn’t need quite so much exposition? But a truly excellent spin on a pretty tired “lit-trope”.

The only thing is the wife, paper thin, a cypher. For these stories to be truly great the women need a voice… Just my tuppence 🤔

Again, great story. Thanks for sharing, I really enjoy your work.

ThorlolThorlolabout 1 year ago

Good 'revenge' I guess. But somehow I feel like he still lost. When you lose the current love of your life you fall back on the stability you have. The financial stability, family, friends and most of the times even your job provides a certain degree of stability. He lost out on everything other than the financial side at that moment. Sure he got married after sometime but still had no easy access to friends and family. Even his job, work he did with passion was a no go in some third world country. It kinda feels hollow. I think I couldnt give up the rest of my life for that, because it has more value than money and revenge. Its eerie how people put so much value on money. If you come from the middle class you wont take offers of money for sex. I could only see it if you are on the very poor side of life or so much in debt that you dont know how to get out of it. But even then to provide a way forward and not enrich oneselves like the wife in this story did. Goddamn, she was an executive on the upper totem pole of the company. Do they earn only handouts?

jasonnhjasonnhabout 1 year ago

Refreshingly different. The wife was a distant consideration; ruined but not present. Instead the revenge was all against the instigator, as guilty as if he HAD slept with the wife.

"Because she was mine, and you took her." says it all. A man that steals another's wife is scum. This man aggravated his guilt by making a game of it. Games over, you're dead.

demanderdemanderabout 1 year ago

Not your usual. But good. Maybe the guy could have confronted his mortality a little longer. D

KarnevilKarnevilabout 1 year ago

A good story. Well written and described. Nicely paced and well thought out. So why did it leave me feeling like "who cares?"

I think it was a number of things: the basis of the story was old, overused and frankly ridiculous. The exact same as dozens of other 'indecent proposal,' clones, even down to the good at heart bodyguard. It had my interest waning after the first few paragraphs I'm afraid. Then we had the line: "I'm a reporter and I grew up in a bad neighbourhood,"? Was that supposed to mean something? Millions of people come from the same background, are they all something special? People from bad neighbourhoods are no better, tougher or more resilient than any others, a fact whether you like it or not.

But then the story progressed slightly differently. Our hero plotted and exacted his revenge. Sadly though he became as bad, if not worse than the villain. Richards broke no laws, but moraly he deserved everything he got. But who made Adam judge, jury and executioner? Nobody but himself. Perhaps he felt justified, I guess we'd probably all feel the same. But the fact that in the end he just reverted to violence went against everything in his charecter he'd previously been bragging about. Then to make sure he rewarded himself with, I suspect, several million dollars, and disappear to some paradise left me with the thought that he was no more than a murderer and a thief.

A lot of readers will rejoice in the fact that the bad guy lost, but more will hate the idea that Erin seemed to get away, and I guess they will focus their comments on that point. However my impression is that just another violence obsessed bad guy won.

As I said, a good story, but in the end not an enjoyable read, instead it left a very sour taste.

SunnyU2SunnyU2about 1 year ago

the wife was barely in the story

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 1 year ago

Way to turn the indecent proposal trope on its head! That was awesome.

HargaHargaabout 1 year ago

Nicely done flip of the standard "Loving Wife's" troupe. I almost quit reading after the first half page but I just thought that you might have a new take on this type of story. I was so right to stick with it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

AWESOME another AWESOME one. a great WELL TOLD twist on the theme. thanks again

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

You took the dead body of a trope, injected complex motivations into the characters and shocked it to life with a story giving it purpose. Doctor NoTalentHackenstein, nice work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This was the best of the Island Rich guy steals a wife stories. Wish it would have been a little longer and the wife/coworker/friends get destroyed.

KaeyoKaeyoabout 1 year ago

As far as revenge scenarios go that was pretty entertaining. Get the bad guy, get rich, get to help worthwhile charities, and get to use a Princess Bride reference. And Richards really was the bad guy even though he thought he was some weirdly philanthropic savior. He thought he was Westley when in reality he was Humperdinck.

kiteareskitearesabout 1 year ago

Top draw again and an extra star for the references to A Princess Bride

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerabout 1 year ago

Well done. I remember the original very well. Plus, one or possibly two, other attempts to "rewrite" the second half and ending. Being a pedantic arsehole, I would also have zeroed in on Erin's Boss that also helped screw up his divorce. But that's just me. I'm a vengeful type of guy.

Thanks again for the benefit of your writing. Cheers.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 1 year ago

I was reading this story early in bed as my wife still slept. I almost yelled at my tablet saying, "This is just a repeat of another story - what the hell is this no talent hack doing plagiarizing others!" Well, you got me. Get twist on a well trodden tale. I would have been more creative on the murder so there was some question of who did it, but great back half of the story. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Rationalization. On the part of EVERY character.

Simple. Justification .... just one good reason why doing the wrong thing is okay .... in THIS instance.

Oh, and what's the harm if there's maybe a "little bit" of profit from it, too. Because, hey, a man has to live, and after what had to be done, that can't happen just anywhere, anymore. So, it's okay, this time.

All for the greater good, like a .... what? Oh, yeah, like a philanthropist.

.

And, as for me? I don't know if I actually would have acted, but I would have "wanted" to do something very similar. In spite of knowing that I shouldn't. Because I'm also human, and we humans all rationalize when we need to.

.

This is a powerful story. But, I just can't make myself like it. Sorry.

Bebop3Bebop3about 1 year ago

Another excellent story. Please keep them coming.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 1 year ago

That was great!

I liked the way you referenced the other stories in the "wife prostitutes herself for a rich guy" scenario, and the twist about why Richards was making those financial offers.

It was satisfying that the main bad guy got what he deserved, and that the hero got a happy ending.

-

The only disappointing part was that there was no revenge against Erin or the other conspirators on the island. She destroyed their marriage, then put him through hell in the divorce. She deserved some serious payback, as did her boss for bankrolling her, as well as for his part in the seduction conspiracy.

-

The "punishment" for Erin he mentions in the epilogue was nonexistent. Erin was a beautiful woman, and despite being over 30, she'd still be able to sink her claws into a wealthy simp. Her most likely fate would be settling for a comfortable upper-middle class husband, and having a couple of kids before she turned 40. She also can't have been that materialistic because her first husband was only a journalist. Erin wanted "an adventure" before having kids, but hadn't intended to divorce her husband over it.

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 1 year ago

not my type of story, but well done

Robby_DRobby_Dabout 1 year ago

A nice spin on an old tale. Since the predator rarely gets "taken care of ", this story goes a long way towards bringing closure to some of those vows and promises that had been destroyed by wealthy men with bodyguards. Although some authors have been able to build a bridge to satisfaction, this one certainly slams the door on any further such behavior. Of course, I really must agree with those many people who will be offended by your failure to sufficiently punish the loving wife. Therefore, I'm afraid I can only give you 5 stars and may seriously think of removing your story from my favorites some day. Oh well, deal with it!

groaningbumpgroaningbumpabout 1 year ago

Not your best. Tired trope, and the whole "cheated husband goes paramilitary" thing is silly. Not your best work, but I look forward to the next one. Thanks for sharing, have a great weekend. - gb

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Interesting story. Not quite up to the standard of NTH’s other efforts, IMHO. Four stars ⭐️ for this one.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 1 year ago

very good, well-thought of plot line.

though I never care for murder as revenge

the MC should have let Richard lived as .

now as he lay on the beach and enjoying his life

judgement and hell awaits him at the end

awful reward for revenge.

/

nice one NoTalentHack

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This is not one of your better ones -- too cold, in my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Man, you had me in the first half, not gonna lie. Glad I gave you the benefit of the doubt, that you aren't the type to do a cliche, cookie-cutter POS. I love that someone out there is willing to face the fact that, even cheaters are people. Motivations and history matter. That regret actually can lead to redemption (even if not in the particular case of Erin, which reflects the other side of the coin).

This deserves a 4.5 easy for originality and nuance alone, but the BTB man-children will probably drag it to something like 3.8, which is a shame.

Buster2UBuster2Uabout 1 year ago

Wow, what an amazing story! "because she was mine" are the explanation for this explosive story! This story could easily be made into a Hallmark movie or even a Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson adventure. but why? It is all right there in the first line I wrote. Rich pervert thinks he is making the world a better place by exposing that all women are whores and exposing them to the stress of seduction with the promise of wealth. But only to prove to the Husband that he never could trust her and that he should divorce the whore. Great Great writing, Great Story. 10 big stars to the writer. I could never write anything like this. Thank You for the effort. What an intense Story. They divorced after her seduction, but hubby was so pissed at the rich bastard. Hubby wanted revenge, and I don't blame him. Thank You Very Much. @Buster2U

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 1 year ago

The basic storyline is cliche, but yours is a goofy, solid variation. I liked it. If more people were like Adam, we’d have a chance at less corrupt governments. Simon IS Trump before he became president. Trump is simply the most arrogant, that he doesn’t care about being exposed.

Regguy69Regguy69about 1 year ago

Love it when a plan comes together. Not a fan of capital punishment, but sometimes.....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The end was rushed but good to the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

An original story by a very original author,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Once again, you’ve taken an oft-told tale and made it new. So, it started out in the usual fashion and then you provided a twist. While I was admiring your originality, I was wondering why the story hadn’t stopped, and then you twisted once again. Wow! I really hadn’t seen the final twist coming. Thanks for getting my day off to a great start!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 1 year ago

"Spouses were required to attend in order for the employee to come, according to Erin. But I'd noticed pretty early on that several wives somehow didn't get that note." - He had to be there so that he could be cucked.

\

"Adam, please. It's going to be okay." - Why do they always say that when he TOLD her it wouldn't be okay?

\

"It was all I could afford" - I thought Richards was going to give him the half million after the divorce? He's spent MONTHS on his "research," yet Richards is only now coming round to give him his money?

SkubabillSkubabillabout 1 year ago

NHT does it again. Another 5-star story.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 1 year ago

Again, a delightfully different and creatively astute take on a familiar LW theme. Like an impressionist painter, OP sees familiar things differently and expresses them in both sublime and subdued ways. 5++++/5!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Yeah no. None of the characters are recognizable as real human beings, except for Tre. It’s fine to create strange situations and throw your characters in, but the characters have to act like real people to make a story work.

Hiram325Hiram325about 1 year ago

Bravo. Very very good. Putting a round into that malignant head is going to seriously piss off the "violence is never appropriate" weaklings, but sometimes it's very appropriate, nicht wahr? Your stories are consistently good, do continue writing please.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonabout 1 year ago

Interesting and well-written take on the Indecent Proposal theme.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 1 year ago

NoTalentHack is a talented writer! That's a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Dayum that was good. My favorite take on this type of story!

MwestohioMwestohioabout 1 year ago

Interesting twist

rockdoctor63rockdoctor63about 1 year ago

Very nice twist on this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

So, so. Different take on it, but too bizarre, especially for someone as talented as NTH. His stuff is so good, this seems a cut below for him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I’m sure the BTB crowd will be jizzing all over themselves with this one. Not one of NTH’s best though, especially since he is clearly a top 5 writer on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nice variation of the “Indecent Proposal” trope. Well crafted and paced. Thoroughly entertaining.

.

I did have 2 nits though. First: the MC got way too much accomplished in the timeline as presented. In only a year he did all that AND went thru a highly contentious divorce? Tracked down all those previous victims? Got himself trained in firearms? And computer hackery? That was a real stretch….but I suppose it had to be given that the whole premise of his plan relied on the plot point of Richard contacting the husbands shortly AFTER a divorce was final. Second: really missed being treated to any conversation between the MC and Erin after the island. Even though, as reported, she WAS the gold digging slut her actions illuminated…..sure would have liked to have seen some sort of confrontation between them….maybe even years afterwards 😎

.

That said, still a very entertaining submission from LWs best recent contributor over the last year.

.

5 *****

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonabout 1 year ago

Another fantastic NTH tale!

What a great variant of this trope!

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNiceabout 1 year ago

You are the antithesis of an eponymous pen-name. Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

First of your stories i've read that i didn't like. I agree with Richards, the moment the opportunity presented itself she showed her true colors. He got to see who his spouse really was. That is a gift very few are ever given, even fewer if added the fact that he could have benefited greatly for her betrayal. Richards game gave him the chance to face what was like an absolute certainty years before she would have done on her own. 3 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

NTH is going downhill. This is convoluted and not all that interesting.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 1 year ago

Not sure how I feel about this one but it was good work as usual.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Fucking golden. I can imagine his ex having a stroke when she realizes he made off with millions of dollars and all she got was the shit from the divorce... In a meeting where she's getting fired for being involved in her company losing millions of dollars, which she has nothing to do with! 5 stars, this is a perfectly ridiculous deconstruction of the 'indecent proposal' and a well done revenge tale.

nixroxnixroxabout 1 year ago

1 star - you writers do not seem to get it. This story is nothing but another take on several others of the same ilk.

Violence of any kind in this LW genre usually generates nothing but one stars - from me at least. I mean the ASSHOLE really deserves to suffer for this situation, but killing him defeats the purpose - it is just too fast.

It would be much better to put him in a gay whore house for the remained of his life. Then publicly shame him by sending videos of his forever torture to every '2% ASSHOLE' out there as a warning. Plus include all their families, extended families, friends and business associates throughout the world - even large picture posters along the side of highways - publicly shaming all of 'them'. This would put real fear into every one of 'them'. If they could, even for a short period of time, be 'inconvenienced' by having to worry about something like this, would probably be a good thing for this world.

Bob Dylan's song - 'you have to serve someone' - means everyone, not just the 98% of the population.

JAFCritic3JAFCritic3about 1 year ago

Crap! I’m playing around with ideas for a sequel to Wifethief’s How Much Do You Think I would Bring and your ending is really close to what I was thinking.

You made a good story. Thanks for sharing.

FredHuckFredHuckabout 1 year ago

Top Shelf, keep up the good work

5🌟s

Fred

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good twist.I like the stories that go one level deeper than usual

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

HoLeeCRP that was good!

Five stars is no where near enough.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What a boring and total piece of shit The whole premise of the story was stolen by another writer, but the aftermath of the episode at the island was horrible, boring and absurd. Should be a zero.

TajfaTajfaabout 1 year ago

I don't know what anonymous below read, but you really do have talent. Keep them coming.

CriosCriosabout 1 year ago

Awesome take on the Indecent Proposal theme. Love how the MC’s emotions shifted at the end from just wanting to ruin the bastard to killing him.

Hooked1957Hooked1957about 1 year ago

A little far-fetched, perhaps, but this is fiction after all. I'm not looking for Nobel Prize-winning writing here, just some entertainment. You provided that. Well done.

Hooked

mac1729mac1729about 1 year ago

A unique take on the indecent proposal story 5 stars again

Thanks for writing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A great twist to an old story. However, I'm surprised to find that Richard didn't have sex with his wife, but one of his guards. Unless he lied about that. Liked that Tiny's life was spared, with hubby knowing he's the only one who treated him decently... and the kids. And that Richard got the extreme revenge for messing so many lives. Good story, great writing. 5 stars Bob

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Still looking for something to gripe about. Can't find anything!

Great story, well written, flows well, great plot, just a good story.

Keep it up but leave a misspelled word or two so we can have something to gripe about!

RSKY

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Again an amazing offering, but honestly not a fan of murder, even though I can understand how it serves the story.

UnassignedUnassignedabout 1 year ago

Once again, NTH (user name does not check out) breathes new life into an old cliche. Unexpected, creative, insightful and as always expertly crafted. I'm like Erin - I want more!

.

Still, perhaps not your _very_ best work. That's why I'm only giving it 6*.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Also for those out there that think NHT stole or plagiarized stories, the author did not, what he used was a theme/cliche/trope. If it were plagiarism, everyone single story posted to this site would be guilty of it.

SDN1955SDN1955about 1 year ago

Well told story, but pre-meditated murder is not one of my acceptable themes. I’ll withhold a rating because of that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Your writing is very very good. Some stuff over the top. I do enjoy your take on the old theme.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Not an original story, but a great twist to it. Would've liked to know what Erin's now doing, being divorced- just a few lines on that. But loved that Tiny's spared as he realized Tiny treated him decently, along with having a family & kids. Also, that Richards got what others would've liked him to get for all the pain he caused. He thought he could have any woman/ wife & hubby won't do anything. Guess he found that statement's wrong, but too late. 5 stars Bob

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It amazes me just how so many people read an ordinary story and salivate about it simply because the outcome is filled with violence and bloodshed. It speaks a lot about the typical readership of loving wives.

Basically a copy of other, more original stories, but with a typical burn the bitch, violent ending.

No originality, nothing new, boring characters and predictable actions. There is nothing clever about copying a story and filling the end with clichés and bloodshed. Instead it shows a lack of imagination and creativity just to reap praise from even less intelligent amoebas.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

In my opinion without a doubt one of the best writers on LW. You took an old played out story and gave it a life of it's own. I am always mesmerized by framing of events. Erin was only a bit player in this story. A means to an end. You created new out of old. Your readers are rewarded every time you present a new story. Please do not stop writing.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 1 year ago

Very nice twist ! 5 as almost always.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 1 year ago

You’re too good to be doing this for free.

kdad9010kdad9010about 1 year ago

Nice twist on a favorite story type here. Thanks!

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowabout 1 year ago

Wow. Another great story from the (in my opinion, incorrectly named) NTHack!

This was awesome.

mattenwmattenwabout 1 year ago

You tell your stories really well and above all very concisely. I like it very much. The development of your plots is also appropriate. The only thing I don't agree with is murder. 4*!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well, you did it again. Took an old story and turned it inside out. Great job and thanks again!

An old curmudgeon

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

PTH(pure talented hack) is more like it. Damn this guy is good. His characters are richly embued with the fabric of reality. The poor Richards character was clearly driven mad by his treatment and then took a tragic turn as a result. Our mc, faced with the same situation is also driven to a form of madness but focuses it on a singular point. Both directions are plausible. Which makes the work of the ridiculous pen name NTH some of the finest work on the site at this time. Bravo Hack, keep entertaining those of us who live in the real world.

skiaddictskiaddictabout 1 year ago

NTH, Thank you for being part of this community and for your wonderful work. Your offerings are an oasis in what can be a desert of frustration.

BSreaderBSreaderabout 1 year ago
Like

I've said before you have amazing talent. I enjoyed it. Please continue.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

4* for the writing and 1* more for originality, so as solid a 5 as I have ever given. Didn't really enjoy it though. Trouble is, Richard was a victim also. He chose his revenge on the guilty and those who may be guilty of those who may of be guilty of those transgressions. He probably convinced himself that he was doing the husbands a favor freeing them from the pain he felt. In many ways he and Adam were not that different.

cyendreycyendreyabout 1 year ago

A good story on an oft repeated theme.

But,

Of you've been married a decade and both of you have breached 30, then neither of you is serious about kids and are just lying to yourselves out of habit or lack of a better opportunity or both. IMO.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNoTalentHack@NoTalentHack
If you want to use one of my characters in your story or write an unofficial sequel or prequel or side story to one of my stories, please feel free to do so. I only ask a few things of you: 1. Credit me as the originator of the character/story. 2. DO NOT monetize it. This in...