All Comments on 'Philanthropic'

by NoTalentHack

Sort by:
  • 206 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Entertaining variation of the “Indecent Proposal” trope. Well done.

.

Quibbles: the MC got entirely too much done in too short a time between getting home and tne Assjole showing up, as promised, post divorce. As well, lack of any meaningful interaction between MC and wife…especially during and after divorce….robbed readers of some catharsis.

.

That said…from the best new contributor on LW this last year….

.

5 *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not very often I read a no sex story, but I did with this - very good

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

very good but way more than I would have done if I was the MC. Once I saw my wife was in for it I would have simply said "show me the $500k deposit in my bank account". Once done I leave and start the divorce. No woman is worth killing over. I figure I get 50% either way so if we got a mill, I get half. If we got $500K, I still get half. So she gets her extra dick and some money, I get rid of a whore wife and some money. Better that the stories where the boss screws the wife and no one gets paid!

OverconfidentSarcasmOverconfidentSarcasmover 1 year ago

Nice read! But... why exactly is this tagged with BTB?

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 1 year ago

A different story, and well told. Thank you. 5 stars.

AethurAethurover 1 year ago

Love the take on the trope. Keep up the excellent work. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

My wife loves Robert Redford and wished she had been Demi Moore in the “Indecent Proposal” movie. So, she keeps a sharp eye out for those kinds of stories.

Yours was a new twist on this old tale and we found fascinating. It was well-written, stayed on script, and came to a complete conclusion. Great writing!

We suspect that you have both a military background and had some time on the street as a newspaper reporter - your story was very authentic.

You had a moral code to enforce and you did so admirably! It was nice to see that this rich bastard got what he deserved. Also, it was nice the way he left Erin alone so, she can just twist (rot) on the vine!

ribnitinribnitinover 1 year ago

Another good story, although preachy in places.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Pretty terrible. Classic case of projection, where the husband pretends that his wife is blameless and projects it all onto the AP. Bleh.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It didn't work for me. Simon enabled some women to sell themselves, reveal themselves as prostitutes, for the right price. Who's fault is that? Blame the brewery, or the beer commercial, for the drunk driver? Blame to cigarette company for the lung cancer? Just more shifting of blame, denying personal responsibility. A very popular pastime, but morally and intellectually bankrupt.

\

I do appreciate your original twist on an old plot device. I just wish it had more basis in logic than juvenile emotion. Thanks for the effort.

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitover 1 year ago

Something just a little bit different...

Well done, thanks,

R.S.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thanks for sharing...

Bravo! This ( in my limited opinion) is definitely your best thus far. Very Entertaining reading & unique twists to the tale that were impossible to predict. 5* what a treat:)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Is this a repost? Because if it isn't, I'm pretty sure I've read this exact story, or at least nearly exact story, before.

Dylan1Dylan1over 1 year ago

At first it was a carbon copy of stories on here from years gone by. I was all for ripping you a new ass for plagiarism but you added a nice twist. The twist was a bit unbelievable but nice nonetheless. I do like the writing. The stories you write flow nicely. Good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fairly certain I've read this before, certainly NOT original, stole Satin Desires story.

https://classic.literotica.com/s/indecent-proposal-9

SithLord6969SithLord6969over 1 year ago

"Ever thus to tyrants" 5 stars and a fave!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sometimes it's really hard to believe a women loved her man for 11 year will deliberately humiliate and trap the loved person to agree on the indiscretions.

RobinRedHeadRobinRedHeadover 1 year ago

That was a blast to read- thank you!

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

A very determined man. If he didn't have the resources he went out and found them. Anybody remember Leona Helmsley? She was the hotel queen married to a billionaire. Even billionaires cheap they illegally avoid New York Sales taxes on jewelry (49K in taxes) Leona was convicted of income tax evasion by righting of personal items as business expenses. Problem was she tended to piss of employees and they turned her in to the irs and she was the guest of the feds for awhile. So I guess the moral is if your going cheat at anything don't piss off those that are helping and share the wealth! 5stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice change from the original story plot line. Too bad he had to kill the bad guy but in the long run I suppose it was necessary. Thanks for sharing. *****.

muskyboymuskyboyover 1 year ago

Too much talk, too little story.

"Her existence was her punishment" - biggest cop out line ever used by an author, total bullshit. You left out the biggest part of the story.

He shot the asshole, the end. Waste of time reading this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Brilliant snd clever food for thought, well beyond the usual fare on this site. Well played. And by the way, your “handle” is misleading. More please.

njlaurennjlaurenover 1 year ago

I can appreciate the variation on the story line and the idea that the philanthropy line was bs. But in the end the 'hero' was just as bad as Richards, he decided to play God and avenging angel. He could have ruined Richards financially, made it so he went down for massive fraud and would do the same thing.

The writing is great, the plot is clever but the ending just didn't work for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is NOT a steal from satindesires' story: there are very significant differences in plot and characters. Please read more carefully before making accusations.

bartholomewbrontebartholomewbronteover 1 year ago

Very nice twist on the old trope, and the revenge plot was a good bonus.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ewwww. You've definitely written better.

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 1 year ago

This story was too angry for me. If wifey wants a romp with the billionaire dude then hubby should walk away and dump her quietly in the divorce court. There was no need to persuade her not to do it because her mind is already made up. Why bother with revenge? Just walk away, although I would be tempted to take the rich dude's money to pay for the divorce. Anyway, the anger did it for me - there is too much in the world already so I don't need to read about it on Lit. 3 stars and thanks for sharing.

BearcatfozzyBearcatfozzyover 1 year ago

Man, for a no talent hack, you sure can write a great story! I like the fact that he disposed of Simon rather than let him go and also that he let the bodyguard go. A little unrealistic to do all that investigating in a year, but didn’t harm the story. 5 stars as per usual…

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 1 year ago

Well designed story. Nicely told. I hated every SOB that was in it. 5*

Crusader235Crusader235over 1 year ago

Nice story, great revenge! Five stars

groaningbumpgroaningbumpover 1 year ago

If you want to read an interesting and different take on this trope, I suggest https://www.literotica.com/s/he-used-to-be-my-idol?page=1. BTB fans, don't bother. You'll hate it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The murder of the rich guy would have been OK as a carefully considered act of retribution and punishment. Instead, it came across as an impulsive pique of an unstable, petulant vigilante. I find myself hoping that very soon the MC will be eaten by a shark while swimming along that quiet beach.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very good. Enjoyed that a lot. Seemed to rush it at the end a bit though. More on the MC finding a good life and more on the slut suffering would have been good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"The role of the villain is only determined by who's telling the story." Penelope Douglas

And you did it well.

MLJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nah, at the end of the day the women were still cheating whores. This guy is almost like a cuck defending women who choose wealthier men over their spouses.

lukeey90lukeey90over 1 year ago

Halfway down and im sick...A cuck wana be? What the fuck is wrong with this guy.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 1 year ago

Interesting.

An original way to deal

with a classic theme.

Still, it's an unpleasant theme.

So is murder.

4 out of 5 from me.

Moonbat74Moonbat74over 1 year ago

Very good. An extra couple of paragraphs on Erin's comeuppance would have rounded it out well though.

Wavedave45Wavedave45over 1 year ago

BOOYA. I loved how he got help from all the other people that were wronged.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why would any writer bother posting a story in this category? This story is better written than a large percentage of the stories posted at this site, yet is still not in the 'hot' zone (only 4.38 as of this writing...).

TracklTracklover 1 year ago

Not sure if I like it. If he was so determined, he could've manage a bloodless plan. Not that I'm such a pacifist, but for someone talking about moral grounds as mc it would fit better.

Simon_MastersSimon_Mastersover 1 year ago

Really enjoyed this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I liked this. Face it, if the guy was still totally wealthy, he would have eventually found him and had him killed likely. Plus, he'd have *still* pulled the crap he did.

If a blindfolded man enters a mall swinging a pair of knives around you're sensible to shoot him.

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

Great story, l thoroughly enjoyed it

Scores 5/5

LanmandragonLanmandragonabout 1 year ago

Impressive and well argued, thank you.

alextasyalextasyabout 1 year ago

You've done it again. What a delightfully twisted story.

Thank you!

=Alextasy

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 1 year ago

Has anyone written one of these where the husbands says “Yes, on one condition. You keep her and never return her.”

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Beautifully written. Distasteful characters. Two stars ⭐️ for this one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A good piece of writing. The author is talented and engrossing. The fact that we don’t like any characters and finished the story is testament to that.

Clearly, MC was more angered by the antagonist’s social class than his actions, which is a bit strange.

In a way, you can see all parties’ perspective, and thus, deserving of five stars as it’s clearly spelled out. The reader can decide with whom to empathize.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Ok story that was well written. But in real life the husband takes the cash and goes home leaving the slut behind and starts the divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The story told was done well. My problem with it is that no character in it was redeemable. The protagonist went to all that effort to take this rich dude's wealth, to spread it around more meaningfully (purportedly), take a big share for himself, then murders him. There is a smarminess to the telling that's odious. And the guy's grand & happy denouement is supposed to be proof of his good karma. But this man's actions make clear that his truth is not to be trusted. This guy did not deserve a better outcome than his wife.

26thNC26thNCabout 1 year ago

Different from the plethora of rich boss, slut wife stories in LW. I really liked the ending. Another great story.

Helen1899Helen1899about 1 year ago

Loved it, I don't condone murder unless it leaves the world a better place, in this instance it did. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

do love a story where the downtrodden no count plebs, serfs, proles get to stick it to the self proclaimed elite intelligentsia who are too rich and corrupt to worry about making a living or ruining countries (from poor african, s american to rich, gr, uk usa-blidens democraps)economies. rk

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

No, the MC was wrong, and his treatment of Tre negated his rationale for his response to Simon's actions. The same moral standards must apply equally to all or they have no meaning. The bodyguard was morally and ethically complicit in the actions of his employer. Tre did not have to work for Simon. Tre voluntarily chose to commit felonies to protect Simon and to support his meddling in other people's lives. Tre's motive was greed. Simon paid him more than he could earn at jobs that did not involve the destruction of families. Did Tre deserve to die along with Simon? No, his level of culpability was lower. Did Tre deserve to receive a lifelong physical disability that would prohibit him from taking a similar job in the future and serve as a painful reminder of his misdeeds for the rest of his days? Absolutely. Absolving him of responsibility was a misguided, paternalistic, racist and hypocritical choice by the MC.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nice plot twist!

ComefindmeComefindmeabout 1 year ago

While I respect you tried to do something different with this trope, it made little sense, the plot and characters were messy and all over the place.

It honestly would have been more believable if aliens had come down to help him instead.

While it was written well and I guess a fun read, it's kind of hard to go from the first page which is based in somewhat reality to this nobody turns into James Bond super spy convinces a hundred millionaires to help him and then murders a guy, but leaves the physical force that stopped him from leaving alive?

twiceretiredtwiceretiredabout 1 year ago

Generally awesome writing, and a pleasure to read. I assume authors engage here for constructive criticism, so here are a couple minor whinges: a few extra words here and there, unnecessarily ended a couple sentences with prepositions. I would rethink dialogue like "honey, I turned thirty this year, and you're thirty one. We're going to start trying for kids soon!" A little too obvious a plot device, and I find it a stilted recap of what they both know. Again, very minor.

Superb descriptions and story pacing, amusing and engaging conversations. This one was a little harder than usual for the reader to suspend disbelief, but that's par for a twisty Agatha Christie type story. (And if my pride didn't get in the way, I'd totally be stealing "Erin always said that I had the soul of an angry old hippie.")

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Hmm… I wonder why MC took a bunch of cash and didn’t donate it to family support groups, like he asked Simon to do, hmm…

I think you’re a good writer, but I think you missed the mark here, which is a rarity. I’m just not really sure what the story was trying to accomplish (other than entertain, of course).

HighBrowHighBrow12 months ago

Finally, a Femdom agitprop tale about a real man.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

A fantastic satirical comedy. 5

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

A fantastic realistic story. 5

Calico75Calico7511 months ago

Great take on an old story. Well done!

fredbrownfredbrown11 months ago

Ya reckon the guy was pissed? Not sure how he got the financial info but what the hell he ended up in hog-heaven so all's well. Don't know where Quang lives (RVN ?) but ChiangMai (Thailand) or AngelesCity (RP) is wonderful for older men with money that want to get out of Dodge ........

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

There is a movie here.

Good luck

AllNigherAllNigher10 months ago

Good read. No talent indeed. Nice twist on the indecent proposal idea... And a bit of a twist on the twist too. Maybe nice to have a bit more info on the wife and boss afterwards and the divorce but not having it right detract from the story so really a nice to have not a necessity...

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

A tale well told. Five stars

JPB

2wrongsandaright2wrongsandaright10 months ago

Well done! I'm not sure there is a better revenge story on the whole site. The emotional range and tone are so authentic

Buster2UBuster2U10 months ago

Amazing Story. The Rich guy was just busy showing husbands that their wives were nothing more than "whores in waiting" and the MC was so pissed as he said "because she was mine!". Great writing, Great Story, Great effort, Great Ending. Thank You NTH for such a great job. WHOA! Thanks, Buster2U 10 stars

Sumnut96Sumnut9610 months ago

A very well told story. 5 stars. DMW aka

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Why would the rich guy come to the MC's apartment? It makes no sense for him to do so compared to meeting the MC at a company office, an attorney's office or even a hotel conference room. The only advantage to meeting at the MC's apartment is that it allows the ambush portrayed here. Deus ex machina...

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

5 Worthwhile read.

Great twist on a favorite plot.

Ocker53Ocker539 months ago

Well worth the read, different ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Norseman123Norseman1239 months ago

Yeh nice one 5*****

RuttweilerRuttweiler9 months ago
Of course, a .22 will go through a plasterboard wall

Don’t play Army Ranger if you don’t know what you’re talking about.

nixroxnixrox9 months ago

This was a 5 star rated story right up to the point where the MC pulled the trigger.

You are a decent writer (a bit verbose when the muse strikes you), but you could have done so much better without the violence. I prefer humour or publicly humiliating the greedy, bullies or cheaters - anything but violence.

Sorry, better luck with your next story.

Have a nice day.

Jimjam500Jimjam5009 months ago

The only thing, the ONLY thing, that could have made this story better is for the MC to have shot Richards' nuts off and let him bleed out, lots of pain and knowing that his short future life was to be filled with much pain and despair.

Other than that, the story was f****g ace! Ten stars from me.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

there was no point in letting the scumbag live after all he did .

FseriesFseries8 months ago

Didn’t like that the burn didn’t happen…

oksideshow859419oksideshow8594198 months ago

Enjoyable there were a few moments I wanted to stop the story but pushed through 4★s

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19697 months ago

Really good, would have been amazing had there been more information on Erin's demise.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

5 stars

I don't quite understand, how was Richards the bad guy? I mean he was a complete narcissist cocksucker but If Erin could be so easily seduced then Richards did the MC a favor before the MC had kids and the divorce would be more complicated. It also revealed Erin's true nature. She's a betrayer who will do anything to get what she wants and now the MC knows.

Am I seeing this from the wrong angle?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

To anony "5 stars"

Maybe not seeing it from the wrong angle, but more that you're not seeing the whole picture.

Erin is no longer important. The divorce had gone through, and Simon was well shot of her. His actions did impact Erin... her comfortable life and ambition was brought to a close when Simon ended Richard and gutted his companies. She's going back to square one, having to get along on her own merits, but being older and carrying the divorcee baggage. Her opportunities have been significantly reduced... plus she never got the money Richards promised her either. She's all but destroyed her life and will never hit her aspirations... she's made herself irrelevant.

But Richards... he's a whole other kettle of fish. You have to understand... money doesn't fix everything.

He may punish women who fall for his game. He may have caught some woman who was in dire financial straits but would have never strayed otherwise... so ended up totally destroyed.

But think of the fallout. Husbands blindsided, their entire life story burnt to ashes. No matter that they were compensated, they would always carry that emotional scar of betrayal and loss, even if only a little. They would now always hold some element of distrust.

That's bad enough, but the worst, according to NoTalentHack's story, are the innocent victims: one suicide is one too many. To have a daughter kill herself because of the actions that her parents took because they fell into Richards's game, is pure evil.

But for grandparents to lose contact with their grandchildren over it as well? Think of the pain they go through. Think of the psychological changes wrought upon the kids.

Any and all of it was evil, all because of the bitterness of a 'man' with resources.

Like Simon says, If Richards truly wanted to do some good, he could have offered counselling services instead of playing his game. He could have even halved the money he spent on playing his game, and helped countless people.

The truly corrupt women may have caused the death of their marriages anyway, but it was not Richards's role to seek them out, profile them, and instigate their downfall.

Without good corrupting influence, many of those couples may have simply gone on and lived happy lives. Just because the potential was there for the women to fall, didn't guarantee they would have... unless they had a very motivated, very sick individual, who had made it his life's mission to draw them out. As many as he could find.

NoTalentHack was on point: he HAD to die.

XluckyleeXluckylee7 months ago

5 stars from Xluckylee

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

richards deserved and needed to be killed, but not w/ a bullet to the head, shoot in various places and let bleed to death, no arterial shots., and i think a visit to the x slut before leaving , dropping of a couple thousand k for her to think about him and drink herself away.rk

muskyboymuskyboy6 months ago

Her existence was her punishment???? You have to be kidding.

Just_WordsJust_Words5 months ago

I read it again and I still like it.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I feel sorry for those so filled with hate they fail to realize the ex created her own hell on earth. A quick would’ve been welcome relief to what she was going to put herself through.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I have read a couple different versions of this story. The one thing that always stands out, in my opinion, is that the ownership that is selling the company, are completely down with it. I can understand the rich guy playing his games, and to be honest, women are programmed by their DNA, to be gold diggers. It’s only been in the last few decades, that religion and public morality standards have been short circuited, and no longer keep this basic instinct in check. But the owners of the company, are basically arranging to prostitute out their employee. And for maximum embarrassment, make the clueless husband witness it. This is beyond my ability to rationalize. And the fact that none of these men even filed charges, or went to the press about it? Pretty sure they could have gotten a lot more that $500,000 in a lawsuit. And since they were brought there on a false premise, they could also sue as they were not even allowed to leave, until the next day. I wish someone would do another version, where it all gets blown up in court.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Not bad for a no talented hack. More please. You weave a mean story.

LA

oldpantythiefoldpantythief4 months ago

Justice served or justice over done? Guess it depends on how you look at things. I'm thinking it was well deserved, if the MC's research was correct. Playing god with people's lives isn't something a person should do as a hobby or pastime. Some readers feel Simon Richards should have been made to suffer, but that would have been to messy. Best to delete the bastard and get on with your new life knowing he won't be coming after you later. As for Erin, yes, I think she got off too easy, even if it may take time for karma to visit her. Good story with some great payback.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos3 months ago

I think some people commenting are mistaking legality for morality. Everything Simon did was legal, but it was immoral. Inversely, when Adam killed him, he did something illegal - but he also did something very moral. He didn't just punish someone for ruining and ending the lives of innocents, he prevented that same person from inflicting more harm. It's the same reason why we have prisons - part of it is punishment to act as a deterrent to bad behavior, but part of it is also to keep society safe from sociopaths and murderers. Furthermore - I would say that if Adam wanted to prevent Simon's game from killing any more people (and Adam makes it clear that people DID die, innocent people - children, relatives, etc) he really had only one choice because what Simon did was legal and he'd never be punished for it or removed from society for it to protect the rest of us from his psychopathy. So, as a moral person, what choice did Adam really have? Personally I don't think Adam's rage at Simon was solely focused on his ex-wife Erin. I think that was the kernel of his anger and it grew and bloomed the more Adam learned about what Simon had done, until it reached a peaked crescend that confirmed to him that he had no choice but to rid the world of a literal monster. It was a good story, I liked it quite a bit and I give it a solid 4/5.

tralan69ertralan69er3 months ago

No talent?

Debatable for sure. I haven't read a story of yours that I didn't like. Good job and thank you.

sbrooks103x

"Spouses were required to attend in order for the employee to come, according to Erin. But I'd noticed pretty early on that several wives somehow didn't get that note." - He had to be there so that he could be cucked.-- You are really good at understanding some things.

\

"Adam, please. It's going to be okay." - Why do they always say that when he TOLD her it wouldn't be okay? -- Could it be the money? Like I said some things.

\

"It was all I could afford" - I thought Richards was going to give him the half million after the divorce? He's spent MONTHS on his "research," yet Richards is only now coming round to give him his money? -- It is after the divorce.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNoTalentHack@NoTalentHack
If you want to use one of my characters in your story or write an unofficial sequel or prequel or side story to one of my stories, please feel free to do so. I only ask a few things of you: 1. Credit me as the originator of the character/story. 2. DO NOT monetize it. This in...