All Comments on 'Piano Man'

by Scorpio44a

Sort by:
  • 69 Comments
DeckviewDeckviewabout 14 years ago
Excellent moving story!

Thank you for the wonderful read.

Tarheels_FanTarheels_Fanabout 14 years ago
Thank you

Thank you Scorpio for sharing the story. You achieved your goal of elicting emotional responses.It took a bit to see clearly after reading your story.

Well Done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Tour De Force!!

In the musical lexicon your story would be a Tour De Force, a masterful performance. I have enjoyed many of your stories, but this one is amazing. Thanks for sharing your talent with everyone.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Darn it

you must own stock in Kimberly-Clark or you ought to. (Kleenex)

Well done, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Thank you

A very moving story. I'm a 53 year-old man and I cried like baby. I like your work and have read nearly everthing you've posted. This story is as good as any and better than most. Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
thanks,

thank you for opening my soul,,,i had forgotten why i was here, i am truly touched,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
All of it was awesome

... until you mentioned John Denver. Such a shame.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Great

The story was absolutely great. Well written. You should be very proud.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Tears started falling...

in the middle of the 2nd page.

It takes a lot to get me to tears any more.

Perhaps one of the very best stories I have ever read.

Well done...

Thank you for writing it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Awesome Story

Thank you so much for that story,,,, It seems that we never seem to have enough time for family anymore.... Your story brought home what should be a priority to us.... My parents are in their 80s.... I will definitely spend more time with them.... I too cried .... Great job and thanks again....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
agreed! awesome.

My one complaint would be that it didn't seem logical for such an accomplished pianist to lose one job with a prestigious symphony, and in what seemed to be a brief time, to be relegated to skimping by with bottom-rung work. Aside from that, it's truly a beautiful story. It's presented realistically, from the attitudes common to a young boy through the method used as an incentive (quite creative!). Excellent work.

-- KK in Texas

morefunnmorefunnabout 14 years ago
Encore

One of the best I have read in a long time. You got the tears at the end of page two. Your story was emotioinally riveting and so well told for us readers.

A Sincere Well Done and Thank You for Sharing with us.

morefunn

sailordblj1966sailordblj1966about 14 years ago
Wonderful tear jerker of a story

Another great story. I loved it and it made me happy and sad. Keep up the great work

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Felt like two separate stories

I very much enjoyed the story up to the dinner at which he played the song. The jump it made from there initially felt like a simple epilogue, but then kind of rambled about as if it didn't know where to find some sort of closure - as if the story needed sex or a relationship to get here, so some was tacked on. Overall, though, it was an emotional tale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
BEAUTIFUL..

Absolutely beautiful story, very stunning tale also very sad in the end. I can't say anything more, that i loved the story, thank you.

victoriangentvictoriangentabout 14 years ago
Great

A story rich in morality and true meaning of love and devotion. You told this story in a manner that was decent and a tribute to this site. You are a remarkable writer and I feel your abilities far exceed the norm here on Literotica. I shall endevor to read all your posting and look for further submissions. Thanks~

bruce22bruce22about 14 years ago
Three Beautiful Stories

The young boy with Mom, a piano, and a bike was beautifully told. The other stories while also beautiful seemed a bit hurried in comparison with the first one.... As always, Scorpio is a guarantee of quality writing!

bigchefwaynebigchefwayneabout 14 years ago
Well Done!

In your introduction you said, "My intention is to elicit an emotional response from the reader." To say you succeeded is an understatement. You created one of the best non-erotic stories on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
very good

You achieved your goal, but I'm inclined to agree that there was one story that suddenly went into warp speed on the way to the second. Instead of speeding ahead like that, I'd just go ahead and break the story and jump to 21 yrs later, then give a recap of how he got where he was. That would make the transition feel less like an epilogue on the way to the second part. Regardless, good story and got 5 stars from me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Borning as Hell

My title says it all.

sash3394sash3394about 14 years ago
Excellent!!!

Very well written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
warning label

you should put a tear jearker warning on this story, reminded me of my mother, and of course the tears flowed

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
One of Your Best - Recommended Reading - More Than Romance

Good Show Author!

Everyone should enjoy this effort of yours - KUDO's.

With High Regard

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago

About as exciting as watching the snow melt. Two words sum this story up for me, boring and pointless.

shidaveshidaveabout 14 years ago
Tear Jerker

Have you ever seen a grown man cry? Well written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Tears like others

Nicely written, but could have been fleshed out a bit in places to explain some aspects of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Great

Wonderful Story!

Boyd

lust_4_ulust_4_uabout 14 years ago
you succeeded

Your story is simple and you did a fine job at bringing out the emotions. A few times my heart sank when I thought you were heading in one direction - but was happy to see you didn't. I think any of us that have been touched by cancer and the loss of a parent, relived those emotions all over again. The ending seemed to happen a bit too quick, but ended the story on a sweet emotion instead of sadness. thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 14 years ago
wow!!!! and you even mentioned the great John Denver

great great story... and your use of one of the great what is Love all about songs.... PERHAPS LOVE ... really blew my socks clean off.

Thank you very much

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
tears

sixty one year old man sitting here with tears running down his cheeks.great story

AllosaurusRexAllosaurusRexabout 14 years ago
Fantastic

Tears here also, male 66

DustyKDustyKabout 14 years ago
You Succeeded

Great story. At several points in the story tears were rolling down my cheek. For many months you have been one of my favorite authors. Keep up the good work.

vietvetvietvetabout 14 years ago
Cant say enough:

Great story. Made me remember my parents love and passing, years apart but almost to the day.

Made me laugh thus made the tears that much more meaningful.

Keep up the good writing and keep putting the love and feeling into your work.

A 65 year old war veteran cried like a jilted teenage girl.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 14 years ago
Gem of a Story

Every once in a while somebody on Lit posts something <i>really</i> good. This morning this story made my day. Well done Scorpio.

KamattlockKamattlockabout 14 years ago
Great

That was a great story but it was a bit hard to read with blurry vision from the tears. :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
twice

Your story is so good I read it twice and got misty eyed both times.

Poizon69Poizon69about 14 years ago
To an old Romantic like me this story was very good.

Well written with just the right amount of emotions in the story. Thank you for writing this story.

The1PaladinThe1Paladinabout 14 years ago
Very well written

It's a very good story, and pretty well told. I think the poster that mentioned breaking it into two chapters is a good one. There is a large gap between his 9th birthday and his coming home. The story passes through that section at lightning speed.

jasonnhjasonnhabout 14 years ago
A pleasure to read

You succeeded in your intention. I would agree with others that the mid part, about his adulthood and job problems seems awkward and rushed. It was like you needed a bridge to get to the end part and were too eager to get there. I think it's hard to do but ALL parts of a story need to get equal focus and care. The beginning was outstanding and the end was very good. I felt a strong and comfortable emotional connection to the first part. I also felt a strong emotional connection to the ending but felt I was being played a bit too much because both his father and mother died. You worked too hard to induce the feelings. The beginning dealt with emotions much more subtly and IMO was more effective because of it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
One of the best

I guess I am a sentimental old man but I read this story with tears in my eyes for the majority of it. In my opinion you are an excellent writer and I enjoyed this story more than any I have read on Literotica. I hope you write more.

frankheinfrankheinabout 14 years ago
Wonderful Story

I have read all of your stories (I think) from your earliest incarnation as Scorpio through your present Scorpio44A, and in my opinion you just get better with age.

I really enjoyed this story, though it took me longer than usual to read as I had to keep drying my eyes which seemed to be leaking an inordinate amount of fluid.

You seem to get at the very heart of a relationship, and in so doing, underline the really important things in life. I really enjoyed the way his mother gently motivated him without appearing to do so, and how that brought out a talent that perhaps would never have seen the light of day in a more common, controlling relationship.

Please continue showering us with your gift, I so look forward to your submissions and devour them as they appear.

Thanks for writing.

SELSTIMSELSTIMabout 14 years ago
Beautiful Simply Beautiful

Like others, it was hard to keep the tears from forming so I could read. In my opinion that is what love is all about. You really put a lot of emotion into this one. Excellent writing and a very moving story.

curioussscuriousssalmost 14 years ago
I CAN ONLY WISH

that I had treated my own loving mother so honorably and lovingly. That I didn't is my own shame - the circumstances don't matter (except to me) but I really wish I had read this before she died. My sons were with her the night she went to sleep for the last time and I was so proud of them for being there. I had to fly home from England to the US and I never saw her alive again.

This story is absolutely one of the greatest tear-jerkers I have ever read, but it's also perhaps the most moving tale I have ever read.

Thank you,

Norman D

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
i cried

having buried too many that i cared for this brought back memories the good times n bad thankyou smiles

sengimaxsengimaxover 13 years ago
I cried too

Of all the stories I have read on Literotica this is the first time that I have had tears in my eyes whilst reading. I may be a sentimental man but this story touched me like no other.

You are great story teller. Looking forward to more of this type

Many Thanks

davidcoffeydavidcoffeyover 13 years ago
I cried a lot while reading this moving story of life, motivation, love and loss and growing up.

I loved the mother's method of motivating her son to WANT to learn the piano, and I loved your portrayal of his actions.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
I cried.

I have cancer, and while I believe I have several years of quality life remaining, I am now clear one of my remaining tasks is to provide loving support to others, and to talk with my loved ones about how I'd design my dying process. Thank you so much for this piece.

DP

RonRWoodRonRWoodover 12 years ago
Touched

My Mother died with me giving her CPR. Even though we took care of her and nursed her...I wish I we been more loving than what we were. We were one of those families that did not hug or kiss much. Yet, I remember how loving she was with all her 8 younger babies. We were too old-fashioned I guess... My only excuse was ignorance and the fact that I became a hard-nosed Marine at 17. I never learned how to demonstrate love properly like you teach. I believe that you have it right...most of us do not know how.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Wow!

If your goal was an emotional love story, you nailed it dead on! I have cried through several of your stories but none like this!

peterg55peterg55over 12 years ago
this story is beautiful

a Beautiful story of love and devotion, thank you for making me cry. I think that more authors should try this type of story to help them grow into more rounded artists.

M_Craig_SimmonsM_Craig_Simmonsabout 12 years ago
A Great Romantic Story

I like many others teared up.

Also felt that the bridge between boy and man was a little rushed, but that is forgivable since the rest of it is so good.

Keep up the good work.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 12 years ago
Powerful shit -

I lost my mother to cancer - she was a statistical survivor - lived long enough after the first hit - but it got her any way.

She wrote her own rules on how she lived her life before it and with it -she declared she would sleep in her own bed (on the second floor) or just be done with it. 48 hours after she had a hospital bed installed in the dining room , because she could not make it up the stairs she called it quits and left, on her terms in her time.

She had loving people around throughout - it makes a difference to the person and the supporters that came through loud and clear - a long road to a great ending.

Thanks as always for your time, your thoughts and your wordsmithing -

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I loved this story but I could only give it four stars

I could only give it four stars because of the section where at first his dad had a "ventilator hose" in his mouth and then lifts the "mask" and gives a deathbed speech.As a respiratory therapist who deals with this equipment every day, l could no longer suspend disbelief. Other than that it was a five star story.

Sid0604Sid0604over 10 years ago
Thank you

I enjoyed reading your story.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
THE LOVE OF A BOY FOR HIS MOTHER

superceeds all know quanity. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

You win.

Now I have to wipe the tears from my keyboard, which is not a nice thing to do to a man in his fifties.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
THE GOOD SON

always does what is right and loves his parents. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Vic

Yes anonymous me also in my fifties and wiping tears. Thanks Scorpio44a

DragonstaffDragonstaffalmost 8 years ago
Things get in your eyes.

Yeah, me too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Was concerned

When Mom got into his bed, had to recheck I was in the romance section. Almost stopped reading right then.........so glad I kept reading. Thank you for this gift. Excellent writing. I yearn to express emotions so eloquently when I write. Your way with words....... something worthwhile. Your story.....so well done. Again thanks

Tygrrusko

pinoparadisepinoparadiseabout 6 years ago
I cried

As i was reading this story i coldn't keep the tear from flowing. I felt the story of the love between judy and he could have been a bit more elaborate but it was written very well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Thank you

This is very touching and healing at the same time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
The real question is

Can he play Liszt's 12 transcendentals?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Perhaps Love was my parent's song, and my father died of cancer. He sang in our church. At the funeral, they played the song, but the choir wouldn't sing it. They hummed it, because no one sang it like dad. Thank you for picking it.

Oldsofty1961Oldsofty1961over 2 years ago

very bright sad caring loving all in all great story five all the way

Billyen51Billyen51about 1 year ago

Beautiful piece that had a tear in my eye. Thank you

bob4300sbob4300s6 months ago

Very moving, excellant job. I liked that it span so many years of the kids life.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

TEER-JERKER BUT NEVERTHELESSS IT RANKS 5 + GOLD STARS,

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A strange story of a piano wunderkind (unable to keep up his career) that gets even stranger after his father‘s death, with a bride thrown in towards the end like a deus ex machina. What is really disappointing: you make a masterpiece of classical music a cornerstone of your story and have not even spent the thirty seconds required to check the correct title. It is not clare de lune.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous