Pitch

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Derek could sense Cheryl's reticence, and suggested they move to a booth where they could talk more comfortably. Cheryl's face showed relief at leaving the most public area of the bar, for all to see, to move to the relative privacy of a booth. Cheryl had short chestnut brown hair, cut in a modified bob that accentuated her heart shaped face, and a slender body with "B" cup breasts. Derek found her to be quite attractive, and had her take his arm as they sauntered over to the booth.

Derek and Asa brought their beers with them, and ordered a round of drinks for the women. Derek noticed that Cheryl wasn't wearing a wedding ring, and wasn't surprised when she recounted some of the gory details of her divorce. She was open about her re-entry into the dating scene, especially with two small children, and her lack of confidence in being able to adjust to her new lifestyle after ten years of marriage.

"It'll be fine," assured Derek. "I finalized my divorce two years ago, and after an initial adjustment it's gotten a whole lot better. I did love my ex-wife, but we grew apart and it just was better for both of us to go our separate ways."

Cheryl seemed to relax at his words of comfort and his sincerity. "It's been hard on me and the kids. Greg has been good to us, but not having him around any more has put a strain on all of us."

"Try to relax and have a good time tonight," he replied. "And by the way, you look lovely tonight."

Cheryl blushed, something she hadn't done in a good long time.

"Let's get this party started," said Em, noticing that Cheryl was warming up to Derek's attention. She took her drink and raised it in a toast. "To new friends," she declared, with her eyes on Cheryl. Her friend lowered her eyes, as if embarrassed, then toasted with Derek.

As the evening wore on, and more drinks were consumed (although Emma and Derek passed on later rounds since they were driving), the conversation got raunchier and by the time Asa and Cheryl had had their fifth drink, there was outright flirting going on between Cheryl and Derek.

"You two need to get a room," said Em, as Derek leaned across the table to give Cheryl a peck on the cheek.

"Actually, it's time for me to make my way home." Cheryl reached into her purse to fetch her wallet.

"It's already taken care of," said Derek. He waved the credit card receipt.

"Thanks," said the comely brunette. "That was nice of you."

"Do you mind if I get you a lift home?" Derek jangled his truck keys. "You don't mind, do you Asa?"

"No," said Asa, realizing he would just be extra baggage. "Em can give me a ride ... can't you Em?"

She nodded. "I can give him a ride," her voice dripping with sexual innuendo.

The four of them left The Cove together. Asa and Em waved goodbye to Derek and Cheryl as his truck rumbled out of the parking lot. Emo opened the passenger door to her Panamera.

"Ready to go?"

Asa got into the passenger seat, his head a bit fuzzy from the beer. Em got into the driver's seat, the deep cleavage becoming more apparent as she pulled the shoulder harness across her chest. Asa's heart started pounding in rhythm with the pulse of the sports car's throaty exhaust note.

As the Porshe pulled up to Asa's farm house, he didn't want to appear impolite. "Did you want to join me for one more drink?"

Em gave him a coquettish look, then reached over and touched the inside inseam of his pants. As her fingers walked their way up the inseam and to the crotch, she replied, "I've got something else in mind."

Asa's alcohol hazed mind cleared as they entered his house. Em followed him inside as he walked to the kitchen to fetch another beer. "Want one?" he asked, as he leaned into the open refrigerator.

Hearing no response, he grabbed a beer and turned to face her. She had already unzipped the back of the dress and it was falling to the floor as he watched, mouth slightly agape. She stood there, with a matched set of black bra and panties and black pumps and nothing else. Asa put his unopened beer on the counter. "I guess not," he mumbled, as Em reached behind herself to unclasp her bra.

She took off her bra, and holding it between her thumb and forefinger, let it drop on the floor. Her magnificent breasts were on full display, drooping slightly from their weight, with her nipples already erect. Asa's eyes were now filled with lust at the sight of this delicious redhead.

"Time to go upstairs," she said with bedroom eyes. "And bring a bottle of bourbon and two glasses."

* * *

Asa tugged a half empty bottle of bourbon off the shelf, then fished out two tumblers from his small bar cabinet. It had been a month of Sundays since Asa had been intimate with Francis, and he hadn't been with a woman since. He paused halfway up the staircase and wondered if this is what he wanted to do. He had a beautiful woman, probably naked, waiting for him in his bedroom. He was already in his 40's, and not interested in joining a dating scene.

He shrugged his shoulders. He was already pot committed, and might as well go upstairs and see what happened. Heaven knows he was old enough to know better, but his penis disagreed. His bedroom door was ajar. He pushed it open to see Em lying on her left side, facing him, with her head propped on her bent elbow. She was wearing nothing but a smile. Her full breasts were shown to their best advantage, pressed together, heavy and full. His eyes went lower. She neatly trimmed pubic patch glistened with desire. Asa's cock stirred in his pants at this display of raw sexual power.

"Pour me a drink, will you honey," she said in a sultry voice. She had been waiting for this moment for a long time and wanted it to be memorable for both of them.

Asa hesitated. His pants were pulling him towards her but his feet remained firmly planted on the floor. There was something gnawing at him that he couldn't shake. Em was part of his past, when he and Francis were a couple, and no matter what Em did, she would never replace his beloved wife. Em's eyes turned from lust to disappointment as she saw Asa stop, then step backwards to the door.

"Sorry Em. Just not ready ...". His voice trailed off as he opened the door behind him, backed through it, and shut it softly. Standing in the hallway, he straightened up and wondered if he was the stupidest person in the universe.

* * *

Julia was at the local grocery store. Her grocery cart was dominated by a forty pound bag of puppy chow. Pitch was now twenty pounds and was a voracious eater. She was pushing her cart through the produce department when a familiar face appeared.

"Hey!" said Josie, spotting Julia sorting through the avocados. "Julia!"

Julia turned her head and saw Josie. Josie had been happily married for almost thirty years, and her favorite hobby was meddling in the affairs of others.

"Your boyfriend Asa was spotted at The Cove with Emmaline Harrison. Do you know Em?" Josie was gleeful that she was the first to break the news.

"He's not my boyfriend," Julia noted, although she wished that he was. "He's been over a few times to train Pitch, nothing more. I don't know Em."

In truth, Asa had been over at least a dozen times over the past three weeks, and each time Julia felt a stronger connection with him. Although Asa was sexually attracted to Em (as was every other heterosexual male in in the county), his emotional connection with Julia and Pitch became stronger with each visit. Julia didn't want to convey jealousy and controlled her reaction to the news.

"Em's in her 30's and hot. Her ex-husband was loaded and she drives around town in a fancy Porsche," Josie said eagerly.

"Is that right?" said Julia, struggling to appear disinterested.

Josie pulled her phone out of her purse and started flipping through pictures she had on it. She found the photo she was looking for. It was a group photo at Asa's house when the women were helping tend Francis. Em, Harper, and two other women were standing next to Francis's hospital bed. She expanded the picture so Julia could see what Em looked like.

"She's pretty," Julia choked out. Em was wearing a summer dress with pink and red tones that looked terrific with her flaming red hair. Julia didn't want to, but felt pangs of jealousy at seeing the picture.

Seeing that she hit a nerve, Josie tried to backtrack. "I'm sure they're just friends."

"Yeah ... friends," muttered Julia, returning to the display piled high with avocados.

* * *

Asa did feel a connection with Julia and had been visiting her every third or fourth day over the past few weeks. Pitch was reacting well to the training, and no longer jumped up on people when they were visiting. His feelings for Julia became stronger, much more akin to what he felt for Francis, and he was beginning to realize his attraction to Em was more physical than emotional.

He had just finished his latest session with Pitch, teaching him how to heel. They had circled the back yard several times with Asa administering a correction each time Pitch tried to get ahead of him and pull on the lead.

Though his attention was on the dog, he was also looking at Julia. She was so different than Em. Em was brash and overtly sexual. Julia was reserved, and exuded a quiet beauty. Julia was wearing a white sleeveless blouse, tan shorts and flip flops, much like what Francis would have worn on a hot day, instead of the tight fitting skirts and revealing tops worn by Em.

"Come here Julia. You try." Asa handed the lead to Julia and stepped aside.

Julia had been taught to use hand signals as well, and held her hand in front of Pitch. He went into the "sit" position, furiously wagging his thick tail, and looking at her for direction.

She shortened the length of the lead and started walking. Pitch walked alongside her and made no move to bolt ahead. As she made the second circle around the yard, mugging for Asa, Asa clapped, applauding her success.

"Bravo Julia." Asa looked at his student with growing affection. She had a broad smile on her face.

"Refreshment time?" she asked.

"I thought you'd never ask."

Asa followed Julia into the kitchen. She opened the refrigerator door. "I've got beer, lemonade, orange juice and a few random cans of soda."

"Beer please."

Julia grabbed two longnecks out of the refrigerator and twisted the caps off them, handing one to Asa.

"Glass?"

"Nah, I'm fine with just drinking out of the bottle."

The pair settled into the living room, Julia sitting on the couch and Asa in the wingback chair next to her. Julia crossed her legs, and her shorts rode up slightly on her leg, exposing most of her thigh. Asa's gaze lingered on her long, shapely legs, a gaze that didn't go unnoticed by the dishwater blonde.

Julia leaned towards Asa with her bottle extended. They tapped the necks against other. "To Pitch," she toasted.

"Pitch, said Asa, his eyes now locked onto her baby blues.

* * *

Asa was working on his John Deere again. The cylinder compression issue was solved, but now the PTO was balking. Without the power take-off, he couldn't disc his field. He just finished and was wiping the grease off his hands. His phone chimed, announcing the arrival of a text message. He threw down the greasy rag and opened the text.

Em: What's up? Have you been ignoring me?

Asa wasn't keen on texting, but felt compelled to answer. He had ignored Em's three previous messages.

Asa: Sorry, busy. Fixing my tractor.

Within a few seconds, the reply arrived.

Em: Can I stop over?

Asa knew this had to come to a head at some point. He dreaded the conversation.

Asa: Sure.

About thirty minutes later he saw the telltale sign of her arrival by the large dust cloud billowing up from his driveway. Her wavy red hair was up. She was wearing her usual sundress, this one bright yellow, with the tops of her breasts showing. Her sexiness was not in doubt.

"Asa, have you been avoiding me?" Em scolding him like a naughty boy.

"No ... I've been busy working on the farm."

"That's not what I've heard. You've been spending a lot of time with Julia Morgan." The gossip mill ran both directions. Jolie had run into Em, and was quick about telling her about Julia. Asa was appalled that his life was apparently an open book.

He decided that he needed to rip the band-aid off. Otherwise there was no peace when there was a tug of war between two women. "That's true, Em."

"What about us?"

"I'm not sure there is an 'us'."

Em's eyes became cloudy. Asa feared she would start crying. His fears were realized.

"What ... what happened?" she said, choking back her tears.

"Nothing happened Em. I like you. I really do. But ..."

"But you don't love me."

"I'm sorry."

Em stormed off in a huff. She got into her car and slammed the door shut. She started the car and revved it up, the tires spinning and throwing stones and generating a large cloud of dust as she sped away for the last time.

* * *

Asa had pangs of regret over his meeting with Em, but knew that with her being wealthy, young and beautiful, she'd have no problem finding another suitor. Her disappointment would be fleeting. It was better to make a clean break than to string her along. He felt relieved that he had addressed the issue head on. He took a shower in preparation for his 7 o'clock dinner with Julia. He picked out a checked shirt, faded jeans, and a clean pair of cowboy boots. He stopped by the grocery store and picked up a bottle of merlot, not knowing what they were having for dinner.

As his pick-up chugged towards Julia's house he asked himself what he wanted. Women like Em were fun, like the kind of fun you had in college, but he wanted something more emotionally fulfilling. He got that with Julia. He finally realized that an emotional connection was far more important than a physical one, though thinking about Julia also made his heart beat faster. He pulled up to the curb and turned his truck off. The front door of Julia's house opened and energetic black lab bounded out of the house. Asa got out of his truck to meet one of his best friends.

"Pitch!" He petted the flat portion of the wagging dog's head, then gave him a few loving slaps on his muscular torso. Julia stepped out on the front porch. She was wearing a sleeveless blouse, casual black pants and black ballet flats, her hair up in a twist.

"Asa," she called out. "You're early."

Asa checked his watch. He was thirty minutes early. He walked up to the front door, Pitch circling him and resisting the urge to jump up.

"Sorry, I guess I couldn't wait to see you."

Julia was pleased with the comment and invited him in. Asa made himself comfortable on the living room sofa, Pitch now playing with one of his chew toys at Asa's feet. Julia set an uncapped longneck on the coffee table in front of Asa.

"Let me change. I'll be back in a few minutes."

Asa picked up the longneck and took a long draw off it. He tossed Pitch's toy down the hallway and had him retrieve it several times before the puppy tired of the game and went to his dog bed to continue chewing on the toy. The farmer got up with his beer and wandered around the living room, picking up a framed picture that was sitting on a bookshelf. It was a picture of Gavin, Jason and Julia standing on a beach. Jason must have been about five years old. It was a handsome family, and a sadness overcame Asa as he thought about Gavin's death, and Julia living in an empty house.

"I'm back," declared Julia. Her presence immediately brightened the mood. Her blonde hair was now down, and she was wearing a sleeveless print dress and dressy heels. She had put on her evening make-up.

Asa let out a low whistle. "You look beautiful, Julia."

Julia blushed at the compliment. It was the first time since Gavin's death that she had dressed up for a dinner date. It felt good to be appreciated by a handsome man.

* * *

The dinner was a success. Julia had made rack of lamb with an herbed breadcrumb crust. Asa's merlot was a perfect accompaniment. Asa was more lively and engaged than ever, having made a break from Em and realizing that his future was with Julia, if she would have him. Julia enjoyed the dinner, but a question that had been nagging her could no longer be contained. When she was clearing the dishes, she finally unburdened herself.

"Asa, I have to ask you about Emmaline. I'm not usually one to listen to or care about gossip, but I was told that you were with her at The Cove, and you went home together. Is there anything between you and Em?"

He paused before answering. He first contained his surprise that Julia even knew about that night at The Cove. He was clueless about small town gossip and unaware that his "relationship" with Em was the talk of the town. He knew that his answer would determine the direction of any future relationship they might have. Unfortunately, he wasn't the best at parsing his words.

"Em's a beautiful woman, and truthfully I was attracted to her. But I'm not interested in her anymore."

Julia was hanging onto every word and somehow what he said was cold comfort to her.

"So you don't find me attractive?"

"Of course I do. Why would you think that I didn't?"

"Because it seems like you were chasing her and lost interest, and now I'm the woman on the rebound."

Asa hadn't thought about it that way. But he could see how Julia might feel that way. "Remember, I started coming here to train Pitch, not court you. I was dating Em when I met you."

Julia scolded herself from letting idle gossip poison any possible relationship between them. Asa was right. He wasn't her boyfriend and had the right to see whomever he pleased. The fact that he was sitting at her dinner table said volumes about where he wanted to be. She decided that she didn't wear jealousy well, and that there was no upside to taking this further.

"You're right. I'm just being silly. People whisper in my ear and I start listening to them."

Asa now understood the origin of Julia's questions. "By people, you mean Josie?" Just mentioning her name irritated him. She seemed to thrive on the gossip mill, and had clearly gotten to Julia.

"Why yes ... how did you know?"

"Just a guess. Josie was a friend of Francis's but wasn't my favorite. She seemed to enjoy taking down others. That's not a friend in my book."

"You're right. I shouldn't have listened either, but I really like you and what she said hurt."

"It was supposed to."

Now that they had cleared the air, Asa wanted to make his intentions clear. "Julia, over the past weeks I've grown very fond of you. I'm interested in seeing where our relationship takes us, are you?"

Julia was surprised that Asa was still interested. She thought that he would have been offended by her "jealous wife" line of questioning. She did want to get the dinner back on track.

"Very interested. I really like you Asa."

Julia cleared the rest of the table while the two of them let their conversation settle. Julia served her patented brownies for dessert along with coffee. Asa had seconds, not to flatter Julia, but because the brownies were delicious. He watched her glide around the kitchen, putting the dirty dishes in the sink, while Pitch followed, hoping she would drop a morsel or two.

Asa took the last sip of his coffee and pushed his chair back away from the table.

"Come here," said Asa. Julia looked over at him from the sink, about to start loading the dishwasher.

"Now?" she asked, wiping her hands on her apron.

"Now would be good."

Julia approached him tentatively, the sexual tension that had been building up over the past weeks came to a crescendo, their eyes meeting in silent assent. Asa took her hand and pulled her close to him ... tight ... her labored breathing dripping of sexual overtones.