All Comments on 'Please Wait for Me'

by DavidPatrick

Sort by:
  • 127 Comments (Page 2)
CuriousPeteCuriousPeteover 3 years ago

Fabulous story!

I read this several years ago and just happened upon it again. It was just as wonderful as I remembered. A great love story. Five stars!

qchickieqchickieover 3 years ago

So amazing and romantic, really loved it. Thx for sharing your gift of a great story :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A great story!

I really enjoyed this story. Wish I could find more along these lines!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Why did that make me cry so much!!! Please please please do some sort of follow up on this story!!! This was by far one of the best stories I've read on this site. I get that it's a story, but damn I was heartbroken in a way when I finished. What an incredible story!!! Thank you for that

Ginger630Ginger630about 3 years ago

Omg I need to know more!!!! Please write more about this sweet couple!!!

Kmax1958Kmax1958about 3 years ago
Wow!

David,

I think I’ve read this story 30 or more times since I first found it. The piece just resonates with me. And each time as I read it again, I wish there was more. It’s “like a movie, it’s like a song!” And I can’t get it out of my head.

What I like about your stories, is that you seem to write from experience. I know some of the places and things that you present to us are actual. Just makes me feel like I’m there. So, thank-you for sharing with us. And me. Please, please, PLEASE keep writing! You have such a gift.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This was my 2nd time reading this story, and I loved it more the 2nd time through. I did not cry as much as I did the first time I read it. You are a fantastic writer. I felt like I knew these 2 characters, and I was rooting for them the whole time. This was a sad HEA story and I mean that in a good way. This has become my all time favorite story on this site. I have asked before and I'm going to ask again, @DavidPatrick, please, please, please write a follow up story for these 2 characters. I know HEA stories aren't exactly your thing, but this story deserves so much more. Please consider this request, and above all, please keep writing!!! You are amazing!!!

sm1982sm1982about 3 years ago

Loved the story, simply wished there wasn’t a focus on James wanting to “correct” the way Luke talked. “Ain’t” is a word and frankly, as someone who uses it with AAVE, it’s insulting to see it referenced as incorrect.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A proper good read. Just truly a great story . What happens next?

JC4SC87JC4SC87almost 3 years ago

I love love love love love love ❤️❤️❤️ this story!!! I especially love that James is autistic (it takes one to know one 😂). And I completely related to his journey. I also appreciated that he truly loved his wife and didn’t dishonor her memory. James’ life is a true testament that love is love.

The story kept popping up for me but I never got past their first trip to Belton. I’m sure I was heartbroken for Luke (I didn’t understand the emotion at the time). I never processed the title so I didn’t realize it was the story I never finished until I after I started reading. I’m SOOOOO GLAD I finally finished. Thank you for sharing this story with us. My heart is full.

You’re also a good writer.

Kabba118Kabba118almost 3 years ago

OH. MY. GOD.

This is one of the most amazing love stories I've ever read. If I could give it 10 stars I would. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Kmax1958Kmax1958about 2 years ago

Make sure you read “A Tale as Old as Time”, as well as all his other works.

MissouriQMissouriQabout 2 years ago

I can not tell you how many times I have come back to re-read this story. The fact I found it simply in passing was amazing, like something pulled me to this story. I keep drawn back. It doesn't hurt that it takes place in the Kansas City area where I'm from. The poignancy of this story. It's elegant, classy and timeless. There aren't enough stars to give to this story. After reading the ending (every time) I wish there was more or a sequel. Bless you for sharing this with us.

Hutchison12Hutchison12almost 2 years ago

I have read this story so many times over the years, and never tire of it. The way that Luke developed and came out of his shell as did Jimmy was just so well written and so well put together it is clearly a classic, it is the number-one story for me on this platform. I understand why you may not have written a sequel to this, you have left it up to us in our minds to write the sequel. For me after completing a couple periods of enlistment and them spending every moment off base they could together Luke comes back proven to himself that he’s more, much more than his parents thought of him, but now believing that he is the man James always saw in him, they build a life together happy in each other, finding the love that they have that fills them completely. Thank you David for writing such a great story, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This story is wonderful - thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is about love lost and love found. It was simply beautiful. Thank you.

Jon_98092Jon_98092over 1 year ago

Now that is a live story! Awesome

DV19DV19over 1 year ago

One true measure of a story is if it attracts the reader back for a second or third reading.

This story fits that description. I is so heart-warming, kind, and full of love, that it is almost an 'immortal' story.

I wonder: have you written or considered writting a sequel? When 'Guppy' gets out of the service?

DV19

EdeyEdeyover 1 year ago

What a beautiful, beautiful story! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This turned out to be such a lovely story. I would love to read the sequel.

Cr1z6f4r2Cr1z6f4r212 months ago

Please Wait For Me is such a sweet tease. I wish you would continue Luke and James’ story. Did Luke survive and come back to his Jimmy?

AlejalejAlejalej10 months ago

So beautiful! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Fantastic I would like to see a sequel

NonomnismoriarNonomnismoriar2 months ago

Beautiful. Thank you so much.

joeoggijoeoggi18 days ago

Wow. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous15 days ago

yup, I too am wishing for a follow up. please!!!!!! I am begging.

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

David Patrick. This was epic and you sir are a Giant,...

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous