All Comments on 'Please, You Take Her'

by rawallace

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Have you ever heard of multiple chapters? As in, part one, two and three?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I loved it. Another great story from you. Thank you! But, I was surprised that he never told her about Lisa or that she never asked after his parents had mentioned her.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfirealmost 3 years ago

Great story! Long, but great and favorited nonetheless. The length is good in a way for it gave plenty of time to develop the relationship between Bridget and Dick and for the reader to become immersed in the characters and to want the best for them. It was very well written, with only a couple of spots where I wondered if a word was missing and one apparent typo (Belize instead of Brazil). I was very happy with the result and the ending was excellent! Great job, 5*!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

One of the best I've read in a while. Great story development. Great character development. The romance was perfect. Conflict between the two of them at the beginning was perfect. Dick's rescues of Bridget set the love developing between the two of them work at a perfect pace. Thanks! K

IcarusascendingIcarusascendingalmost 3 years ago

cute, feel good story. this made my day.

Cracker270Cracker270almost 3 years ago

Great story Rachael. Your love of birding shoes through nicely. Also really appreciate how you have chosen to identify the narrators.

hornier_bastardhornier_bastardalmost 3 years ago

I love this story, and I just read you Bio page before I typed this. I love the idea of having romance in romance rather than interracial... I don't see interracial as a taboo, or even a thing that's all that odd. People love who they love, so it shouldn't matter.

I Favorited you as a author (sorry for the bad grammar, but I'm not sure what the appropriate verb of Favorite is!)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I loved this story! Thanks for sharing it!

redpoppiesredpoppiesalmost 3 years ago

Wonderful read! This story made me feel good. Interesting characters and setting for a long drawn out romance. I only had to add the occasional missed word; not enough to disturb the flow.

SisterJezabelSisterJezabelalmost 3 years ago

I liked this story, but I didn't love it. I get that dyslexia is complex and challenging and different for everyone, but some of the ways Bridget was portrayed didn't ring true to dyslexia (clumsiness for instance, when people with dyslexia often have heightened spatial awareness due to abstract problem-solving skills they have developed to overcome their learning disability.) I didn't buy that Dick would care enough to take Bridget in once he discovered her stalking ex, yet didn't seem to want to contact her when he returned from his trip to find she had moved out. It was also never resolved that Bridget found out about Lisa, despite being told of her twice in the story. Also, the first few paragraphs weren't identified as Dick so when they were identified later, I had to re-read to try and make sense of who was who in the zoo!

Ravey19Ravey19almost 3 years ago

Well, what can I say? Another great story from you. Length didn't bother me as it gave time for you to build up and portray the main characters. I do love it when someone like you uses their hobbies t write an unusual type of story. I ws almost as fascinated by the birds, etc as by the romance. I really loved it when she returned to Brazil and Dick looked after her throughout. A little strange that neither Dick nor his parents told Bidget abou Lisa.

Yes, there were a few typos which can be annoying to the reader but not enough to disrupt my enjoyment. Well done. 5 stars again.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapteralmost 3 years ago

Ah, Rachel! Thank you once again. Having stumbled through jungles in Costa Rica, the Dominican, and the cockpit country in Jamaica you had me laughing aloud with the images you portray. So familiar and there seemed to always be someone clutzy around! The story was good, the humour was better, and the protagonists overcoming their issues showed great character development! 5 stars! Always great to read your next story.

eroticaluveroticaluvalmost 3 years ago

I loved this story!! I want an epilogue about their doing tours together, marriage and children.

Love love love love love. I want more!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Agree with Sister J. Got confused early on with the change in POV and the italicized thoughts. At one point it seemed the thoughts belonged to the character other than the one whose section it was.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Brilliant well written story, thanks I really enjoyed it 10/10.

51Woodie51Woodiealmost 3 years ago

I liked the story and the basic idea but I have never seen dyslexia manifested as you've described. More importantly, the term 'retard' is completely inappropriate.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Very nice story with a varied beginning and a really wonderful ending but it seems like a new beginning also. Perhaps you can write another story featuring their life together but with the same happy ending as this one, THANKS

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 3 years ago

I'm lucky this week. I keep finding really well written stories. This one is a fun, interesting trek. I'm a poor birder but enjoy it, add in locales I care about and that amped up the enjoyment.

AZTT2AZTT2almost 3 years ago

I really enjoyed the story. The biologist and border aspects are fun.

Davester37Davester37almost 3 years ago

I enjoyed reading this story a lot. I love the development of the characters, and especially the detail that you put into the settings and the story. I always like a story that takes me somewhere new and shows me something that I’ve never seen.

Some incorrect and missing words stopped the flow of reading for me, and the story could have used a bit more editing. I too found Dick’s reaction odd when he returned to find her gone. I suppose everyone is different.

Thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

88Ozguy88Ozguyalmost 3 years ago

What a truly wonderful, page turner romantic story. I’m going to look for more of Your’s!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I loved this story. You obviously put in a great deal of research to tell the tale so well. Thank you for a few hours of delightful escapism.

AnAncientAnAncientover 2 years ago

Please write a followup story! I really appreciate the emphasis on the relationship itself.

People who have been abused often have flashbacks seemingly at random, and sometimes triggered by specific situations or key phrases. In one long term intimate relationship I had many years ago, the woman would sometimes cry during sex -- only many years later did I understand why. Fortunately there are no such problems in my current marriage of over twenty years!

I think at the airport if he had simply tried to phone to say goodbye, rather had felt something was wrong would have been more realistic -- you already have enough dramatic tension and strength of feeling between Dick & Bridget.

Am surprised you never mentioned how she coped with her dyslexia when emailing her clients and writing material for them. Did she pay someone to copy-edit her formal work? I know someone who is dyslexic, they never read an entire book until they were 21, but they developed thriving business.

I can just imagine her children having a 'good natured intolerance' of her spelling/reading problems. Especially when she helps them with their homework. I can see Bridget being frustrated that her own children need to correct her spelling -- she would not be annoyed at them, but at herself.

Scope for confusion when she writes to her children's school and she does not realize her spelling mistakes are significant. I imagine that someone at the school will think she is uneducated/retarded, and be surprised when she turns up in person.

HemmingswayHemmingswayover 2 years ago

I enjoyed the piece but just couldn't quite get to 5* on this. To me there was something missing. Perhaps it was the the indifference between the mains and that kept me at arms length from the story. If there was a stronger physical attraction between the mains it would have been better. Dick lusting after Bridge but much more strongly but conflicted about betraying his deceased wife. Thy dyslexia angle was a good idea. Make all your characters flawed. This could have been taken to a higher level with Bridge lusting after Dick but more reluctant to get involved than you scripted. Just my 2c. You're very talented and thanks for writing for us. Hemm

EmotionalEmotionalalmost 2 years ago

I come back to this story about couple of months, still one of my favorite stories on Lit. I just hope someday one of my stories can score as well.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

An enjoyable story, I also suggest The Cotillion, Save One Love, Finding Uncle Willy, The Promise, Love in the Age of Chemicals.

TheCommenterTheCommenter8 months ago

When you start switching the narrator every 2 or 3 (or less) paragraphs, it becomes almost unreadable. Especially as the couple of lines often don't add anything to the story.

Can't give more than 2* for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

An unusual but wonderful story.A sign of an excellent story is that you don’t want it to end.That was true in this case.Even though many events were predictable,they were presented in a dramatic and often fun manner. 5+ (Looking forward to reading more by this writer!😉)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userrawallace@rawallace
UPDATE: It has been a while since I last published a story here. I've returned to the sci-fi genre this time with a short story I hope you will enjoy. Please feel free to leave comments both favorable and not so favorable. I appreciate them all. I enjoy reading a wide variet...

SIMILAR Stories