Please, You Take Her

Story Info
Birds, jungle, dyslexia, tour guides, what could go wrong?
36.2k words
4.88
23.1k
101
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
rawallace
rawallace
448 Followers

Chapter 1 That's Her Alright

"You take her. We've all taken our turn with her," Andy said in frustration.

"Why in the hell can't she find another tour company? This is her third trip with us. You'd think she would find someone else," Carl offered.

I watched as Bridget struggled to get a life vest on in preparation for boarding the flat-bottomed boat and gave a sigh. I turned to Andy, "You can take her one more time as you know how to deal with her better than the rest of us."

Andy's face screwed up again in frustration as I looked at him. "Yeah, but that wasn't by choice. She's one hell of a good looking girl, but she's basically clueless. I bet her parents send her on these trips so they don't have to deal with her."

"So, we're glorified babysitters for a twenty something who's interested in birds and nature," Carl groused.

I remained silent as I watched her twist and turn the small life vest around in her hands, then put it on inside out, the buckles against her body, straps hanging down her shapely legs.

Shit! I know I have to take her, I thought to myself. The other guys had told enough stories about her last year and thought they would never see her again. I had managed to find a way not to take her in my group last year and so far this year--I guessed that was now at an end.

Andy slapped me on the back, "Time to grow some balls dude. She's all yours."

I picked up my gear and started walking towards the dock. She was holding the life vest in her hands, the other people in the group standing back with amused smiles. They were being entertained and had been for the past three days with her antics.

"Bridget, do you need some help?"

She looked up at me with a frown as she examined the life vest as if it were a three-D puzzle of some sort.

"Yeah, I guess so. Why do these things have to be so complicated? It just doesn't seem to fit. I've pulled the straps out all the way."

I wanted to shake my head in disgust but held myself back; I had to be professional I reminded myself.

Then she looked at me, "Why are you helping me? Where's Andy?"

"He's taking another group and he said you were with me. Have you used the restroom yet? Once we get going there won't be another chance for at least three hours."

"No, I don't need to go. I want to go with Andy. He knows what he's doing."

I was certain she didn't really mean to insult me, but it did register nonetheless.

"Sorry, his group is full and he doesn't have room for you in his boat. So, one more time. Why don't you try the bathroom, and then we'll get your life vest on."

"You're pretty bossy for someone who doesn't know me."

Oh, I know you well enough. You have a reputation a mile long. I'm only the sucker who got stuck with you this time. Okay, how am I going to handle miss prissy pants?

"How much do you weigh?"

"Why do you need to know that?" she scowled.

"Because, the life vests are good for certain weights. It looks to me as if you have a child's size and that's why you can't adjust it to fit you. More importantly, it won't support you if you were in the water unconscious."

"This one will fit me just fine. Just help me get the straps figured out," as she thrust the life vest at me with a pout. What's wrong with this guy, can't he see I'm an adult?

I examined the vest and saw immediately it was a child's vest. She had pulled the straps out to their maximum extension, so that much she had gotten right. I turned the vest right side out and handed it back to her.

"Okay, now slip this on."

"Are you sure this is right?" as she screwed up her face.

"Yes it's right side out. Now take the straps and buckle them at the top and bottom, then we'll do the bottom strap that goes between your legs."

Trying not to grimace, I watched as she brought the waist straps together and buckled them, then she reached for the top strap and buckle. When she pulled the top straps together her ample breasts moved to the center of her chest within her low-cut, short-sleeved shirt. I watched as she tried to pull the buckle ends together, finally taking a deep breath to get it buckled. It wasn't difficult to see she could hardly breathe as it was much too tight.

What a stubborn woman. "Are you okay so far?"

"It's pretty snug," as she took a breath.

I looked into her blue eyes. Now this is going to be interesting. She has to reach down between her legs and bring the strap up to buckle in front of her and it's so tight she won't be able to do it without my help.

"Okay, grab the strap from between your legs and pull it up to buckle in the front."

I watched as she tried to bend down and couldn't. How could a girl this attractive be so...so...

"I can't reach it, I think this life vest is too small," she whimpered.

Damn, really! Why didn't someone tell you that?

"I think you're right," as I looked around and saw the other people in the group wearing broad smiles.

I reached over, unbuckled the top, then the bottom buckle, and gently removed the vest; I saw her face turn red. I ignored her expression and walked to the equipment locker, pulled down a small adult size, and walked back to her, "Here, try this on. It should work."

As she started to don the life vest I gave an overview of the trip to the others in the group, telling them in general what they should expect to see and that there were caimans and piranha in the river.

"Be sure to keep your hands inside the boat at all times as the piranha will sometimes jump at something skimming the water alongside the boat. That's why we don't want people throwing food scraps to them."

Giving a look to Bridget I saw she had the life vest on and buckled but it was too loose. I turned to the others and told them they could start boarding the boat and to pay attention to instructions from the native boatman, then turned my attention back to Bridget.

"Okay, now we need to get this adjusted better before you get onboard."

"It's fine, I don't need your help," she replied as if insulted.

I looked at her with a glare, "It's not fine, and unless we get it to fit properly you aren't getting into the boat. So what is it, go, or stay?"

"I paid for the trip. You can't stop me from going," she replied indignantly.

Oh, little lady, you won't go if I say you can't. I'm responsible for your cute ass.

"I can, and will. Now we either get this adjusted so it's safe for you, or you stay here. Do you want me to adjust it, or not?"

"You're mean," she spat out.

"Yes, I am. Now do I adjust it, or not?"

"Go ahead, you're holding the entire trip up."

Oh my god! The stories are all too true. This girl is a trip!

I adjusted the top and bottom straps for the buckles, cinching them tight as she was almost too small for the smallest adult size. I gave the vest a good sideways tug in both directions to make sure it fit tightly enough, tugging her from side to side.

"You don't have to so rough," she complained.

"Is it comfortable or not?" I asked brusquely.

"It feels okay," she admitted.

"Alright, just about done. We need to adjust the remaining strap so the life vest doesn't ride up on you. Spread your legs a little."

She glared, "Spread my legs, you're kidding."

"If you can get it tight enough yourself then do it; if not I'm going to."

She reached down and tugged at the strap with little effect, then looked at me with a look of defiance.

"That's the best I can get it, it will do fine."

I put my hands on the top of the vest and pulled upward. It went over her chin to just under her nose; clearly not tight enough.

"Not good enough. Stand still, keep your legs spread so I can get a good hold on the strap."

Bridget looked at me unsmiling.

How could a man this handsome be so mean? Oh, that was it, wasn't it? He had all the women he wanted on these tours. A good looking man who was knowledgeable and had a great smile was attractive to women. At least when he showed a smile.

"Just do it, I want to see some birds yet today," she grumbled.

She spread her legs a little and I found the strap, touching her bare skin for an instant, then several hard tugs as the straps pulled the vest downward, tightening into her crotch.

I gave another tug on the top of the vest and it remained below her chin. It was good enough and the other members of the party sat waiting. Several people in the group weren't smiling now, my having to deal with her was cutting into their time.

Damn! Does this woman have a clue?

Watching as she found her way to a seat and sat down facing me I saw she was wearing a frown. There had been no thank you extended for the time I'd taken with her and I wondered if she were like this all of the time. It didn't matter, for the next few hours she was my responsibility.

Yippee!

I had packed my smaller flat-bottomed boat with survival gear, extra water, and food. I'd never had occasion to use them, but the Amazon had taken more than a few by surprise and taking precautions was a good marketing tool when someone asked as to why I the towed another boat behind us. There were enough rapids on this reach of the Tere Pires that tip-overs were not unheard of, and people had drowned after being dashed upon the rocks after hitting their heads.

This was my third year on the Amazon in Brazil for this small company. I had spent a full year here on my own learning the birds, reptiles, and at least some of the plants the year before they hired me. I wasn't an expert by any means, at least I didn't consider myself one, but I was capable enough. I wasn't exactly an extrovert, but when it came to the natural world I found I worked well with people. Working for the tour company had given me the freedom to go to places I found interesting and have some time to explore on my own to amuse myself. It wasn't the best place to have a social life though--at least as far as women near my age.

This morning I had the tour that went downstream on a main tributary, then looped back by going around several drier oxbow islands in the broad floodplain side channels. It was a maze that took time to become familiar with. After spending days with the native boatmen the company employed to help support the local economy, I knew my way around well enough to go on his own on my own time.

Getting close to wildlife, especially birds, was best by boat and my excellent vision picked out even the duller smaller birds as they foraged along the banks at lower heights. There were two places where the company had cleared a space so spotting scopes could be set up to look for species that lived high in the forest canopy or flew over the river. These landings were not very large and could accommodate about fifteen people at most. If people took a few steps too many they found themselves in mud and stinky water and I frequently reminded people to watch their step.

While most of the birders and photographers on the boat failed to point out animals, Bridget proved to be an exception. She pointed out birds that were duller colored while I directed the others to more colorful species. The photographers in particular wanted gaudy subjects; the hard-core listers wanted every species I could find. Therefore I tried to call out birds for both interest groups. Bridget, I surmised was a hardcore lister. She wrote down every species I called out and identified, then checked her field guide as soon as she could to verify the ID for herself after lowering her binoculars.

Bridget

I watched him as he spoke and pointed with his green laser to a location near the bird he was showing us.

Does he see more than what I'm seeing? So far he's identified every species I've pointed out. I can't believe that with about 630 bird species here he's seen them all. Too bad he isn't a bit nicer as he would be good to spend time with. I wouldn't mind picking his brain. I think he's better than Andy.

Dick

"Everybody remember to keep drinking your water even if you don't feel thirsty." I reminded the group again.

We approached the first shoreline location where I would set the spotting scope up hoping to spot the eagles that patrolled this section of the river and the flocks of noisy parrots as they crossed the river in full view. I stepped off the bow of the boat, secured the line to a tree, than started to help the passengers off.

Bridget

I adjusted my shoulder bag and binoculars and stood up, eyeing the hand Dick extended to help me off. I met his gaze--it didn't seem as if he were put out with me now. He does have wonderful eyes. Whoa! What was that expression for?

Dick

When I met her gaze I felt a pang of pain, her eyes looked so much like Lisa's, a little grayer for sure. Damn, I should have stayed away from her. This woman is going to be trouble. No! She's already trouble. Why couldn't I have saved Lisa?

Chapter 2 It Only Gets Better

Dick

I sat the scope up and scanned the trees along the river for perched eagles. I found a Harpy, locked the scope down and watched as the group queued to take a look, Bridget was in the middle of the pack. She took a look and gave a gasp of surprised delight, and as she stepped back didn't notice the strap of her life vest had snagged on the leg of the tripod. The scope and tripod shifted out of place by almost two feet as a result. Red-faced Bridget caught it before it toppled over. No one said anything other than it could have happened to anyone.

"Sorry," she mumbled as she stepped out of the way. Swift, Bridget. Go ahead, make yourself look good again. He must think you're a real winner by now.

I steadied the tripod, then positioned the scope on the bird again without saying anything. Bridget stepped back and used her binoculars to scan the open area over the river. I was pretty sure it was to hide her embarrassment.

After the others were back to using the scope I checked with the group to make sure all had seen the eagle. Then I glanced at Bridget and watched as she scanned the river upstream.

Well, at least she keeps herself occupied some of the time.

I scanned the river myself and found a flock of swallows working their way towards us from downstream.

"Okay, folks, we have at least two species of swallows foraging over the river--Blue and White and Tawny. These swallows breed in cavities within the rainforest and forage over the tree tops and once in a while over the river. This is a great chance to get a good look at them."

The group turned their attention to the swallows and I assisted several of them by telling them what they needed to key on as field marks.

"I think there's a White-rumped with them too," Bridget offered quietly," it's flying a little higher up at eleven o'clock."

I shifted my eyes, then raised my binoculars to view a lone swallow where she had indicated. Damn, she has good eyes, it is a White-rumped.

"Folks, Bridget has found a White-rumped over the middle of the river above the other swallows. This species is seldom found this low over the river. Good spotting Bridget."

The boatman gave me a sign it was time to move along so we got everyone back onto the boat. I untied the line and stepped aboard after shoving us off far enough so the boat motor could get us going again without hitting the bottom. I looked at Bridget as she sat looking at her checklist and field guide. At least you made up for being clumsy.

Over the next hour we cruised slowly, stopping often as birds came into view, then moving on again. I noticed Bridget begin to squirm in her seat after a while, then a firm expression on her face as she kept her legs pressed tightly together.

Suggested you to use the bathroom before we left didn't I?

One hundred-fifty-six species later we pulled into the dock at the lodge and I jumped to tie the boat off. I'd had no sooner turned back toward the boat then Bridget shot past me before I could offer her a hand, even before the boat had made firm contact with the dock.

Maybe next time she'll listen to what I suggest.

"Okay folks, end of the line. Remember to leave your life preservers at the storage locker."

I walked to the locker and stood waiting. Bridget was nowhere in sight as the others walked toward the bathrooms. Two minutes later Bridget walked toward the locker, her face unsmiling as she handed me her life vest.

"Are you always so stubborn?" I asked.

"I'm not stubborn. I thought I could last longer is all. Are you one of those people who always say 'I told you so'?" Why is he such a smart ass? I should have been with Andy.

I watched her as she walked away and admired the way her hips swayed seductively with each step.

Stubborn and sexy. But smart?

That night after dinner I went over the species list with the birders in the group. They were very pleased with the species count for the day. After a few more questions I prepared to leave and saw Bridget conversing with two of the younger male birders. They were obviously taken with her and I couldn't blame them--there weren't many female birders her age on these tours. Not that I hadn't noticed her the year before.

Most women I met on these tours were older, and had both money and time to spend. Lisa had been one of them, and after her, I vowed never to become involved with a woman while working tours again. Late last year, and now this year, I'd found it difficult to adhere to that rule--Lisa had come back in the guise of another woman. True, I had spent time with several women after Lisa, but none of them held much attraction for me after a few weeks.

I'd remained in South America now for over three years, not returning to the States but for a few weeks at a time. Even my parents had come down to visit me so they could see me more than once year. The Amazon was a good place to hide, but not a good place to forget. At least it wasn't now--maybe I would have to move on. Of course, if Bridget didn't take another of our tours my problem would be solved.

"Okay. Everyone get a good night's sleep. We have an early start tomorrow as we'll take the trail into the jungle for a few specialty species. It will be a low species count, but we will see some of the rarer hard to find species."

I was walking back to my quarters when I heard Andy call my name.

"Hey! How did it go?"

"You mean how did the day go with Bridget on board?"

"Man, I'm sorry. I just couldn't handle her again. She seems to find a way to make a fuss."

"I survived. You know she really has good eyes. She spotted almost every bird I did on the boat tour. I didn't expect that."

"She does alright, maybe she was showing off for you. She doesn't say much to me, she just looks at me all the time. I'd look back if it weren't for the fact I'm taken. I don't want to encourage her interest if that's what it is."

"Why would she show off for me, she hardly said a nice thing to me the whole day? She was pretty much a pain in the ass."

"Well, she is that, I have to agree. An attractive pain in the ass, but still..."

"So, you want another shot at her tomorrow?" I asked, hoping the answer would be yes.

"No. At least give me another day. Maybe I'll be up to it by then. Like you said, you survived. It's not like..."

I gave Andy a sharp look, but said nothing.

Andy knew he had put his foot in it and started to walk away chagrined. "Look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to..."

"I know you didn't. It's fine. I just need to get over it is all. Have a good night, give Pam my best."

I decided to walk to the 50-meter tall observation tower. It seldom had anyone on it during dinner and an hour or so afterward. The tower offered an expansive view of the river and the jungle where guests could watch flocks of birds moving over the canopy, or open water. I loved the view, and most of the time the solitude it offered at this of day. Away from people, a place to contemplate, and sometimes to forget. I was sorry I had been so abrasive with Andy, he had tried to steer me away from Lisa saying she was too much a party girl. I should have listened.

rawallace
rawallace
448 Followers