Please, You Take Her

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You didn't!" As I stepped over and opened the bag releasing the wonderful aroma of Chinese cooking trapped inside. It had to be chicken and broccoli, maybe even chicken and cashew nuts. It turned out I was right on both counts.

We ate ravenously as it was late, the sun setting behind the nearest ridge, the room dim in the soft glow of the interior lights. We finished eating and Dick took our plates and silverware to the dishwasher in the kitchen. When he returned, I was sitting on the sofa eyes closed--I hadn't bothered to turn on the flat screen TV.

Dick

She sat with her eyes closed, the TV off, it seemed to indicate she was ready for bed as I stifled a yawn and sat down next to her. She opened her eyes and looked at me with a smile.

"From Brazil to North Carolina in two days. I'm beat, how about you?" she asked.

"Same. Do you want me to hold you for a while?"

Bridget didn't answer as she moved over and snuggled into me. I closed my arm around her knowing my invitation had been accepted in full. The warm feeling I felt was invigorating and I had to admit more enjoyable than I expected it would be.

She has baggage, but what did you expect? You have baggage too.

Bridget

I closed my eyes and felt his chest rise and fall. My heart was beating just a little faster thinking it had been a long time since had I felt this good. About five minutes later I sat up with a smile I hoped told him I liked him holding me.

"Sorry, I need to take a shower and go to bed. I can't go any longer. I can't keep my eyes open."

"Go, I'll be right behind you. I'll see you in the morning. Get a good night's sleep."

Dick

I watched as she disappeared down the corridor amazed that she was with me here of all places.

What a day! You didn't see this coming. You're in up to your eyeballs dude and you didn't know it until that kiss. One damn kiss and you're toast.

Bridget

I stood beneath the cascading warm water feeling as if my world had turned right-side-up for a change rather than upside-down. I hoped my troubles with Kevin would be at an end as Dick should have been enough to dissuade him to leave me alone. I would call my parents the next day and tell them I was safe, but wouldn't divulge where I was staying until I made plans for where I would move next.

I toweled off, looked into the mirror, and realized my deep tan was confined to my arms and legs in a pattern matching my tropical apparel. I'd never spent much time in a bikini as I knew from my aunt what too much sun exposure did to a person's skin. I never wanted to look like that by the time I reached my forties. Now the white areas spoke of places Dick had only glimpsed, or not seen at all and in my mind I saw him kissing my breasts.

What a strange thought to have girl. One kiss and you're thinking of showing him all the goods. Slow down. Two weeks ago you didn't care for him at all and now you're fantasying about him.

I pulled on a fresh pair of panties and my oversized tee-shirt, turned off the light, and got into bed. The bed seemed to pull me in and welcome me--the sheets smooth as satin, the pillow firm, and inviting. I wondered how it was Dick seemed to fit this weird style of housing. As my eyelids grew heavy, I wondered why I felt so comfortable here. Dick was so different from what he appeared to be like while on the tour--he was actually nice. A smile graced my tired face as a memory appeared--the kiss we shared was more than nice, much more. Sleep took me quickly and the dream I remembered as I woke in the morning made me smile. This time he was in the very next room, not just in a fantasy while I lay in a faraway place.

I lay in bed, the sun already up, and I heard small noises outside the door. Dick was already up as when his phone rang he answered on the second ring. I glanced at my watch and groaned--it was almost eight o'clock! Moving quickly, I dressed, opened the door and heard the final few words of his conversation.

"Yes, I understand. I'll get there as quickly as I can, but it might be a day or two before I can get a flight out."

I walked out and sat down at the dining room table as Dick set his phone down with a frown.

"I must have been very bad in a previous life as I'm sure paying for it now. I'm going to have to leave you here on your own as they need me to replace one of the guides in Belize who was injured in an automobile accident."

"I can get a hotel room."

"Why would you do that? You need to have a place to work and you already have your gear set up here. It doesn't make sense to do that."

I couldn't argue with his logic, nor was I really interested in leaving for other reasons I realized.

I wonder if the kiss last night was just a fluke, something we both needed to relieve the stress? Maybe it really didn't mean anything more than that.

"Are you sure? I could still be a pain in the ass," I asked cautiously not knowing if he would like my response.

"Could be?" he grinned back at me.

"You know that's not what a girl would like to hear."

"Let's just say it's a pain I think I can live with. Now, are you comfortable being here on your own, or not?"

"Yes, it'll be fine."

He always forces me to make a decision and each time I do I decide to stay with him.

"Okay, I need to get online to check flight times and get my reservations made. You don't have the passwords for the router and network yet, so I'll get you set up and running after we eat. We should know everything is working before I leave. Does that sound good to you?"

"Yes, that makes sense. I'll start making breakfast for us while you get your reservations made. That way we won't waste time in case we find a problem we have to solve."

I got up and headed towards the kitchen as Dick came around the table to go to the office in the former baggage car. We almost ran into one another and Dick took me by the shoulders before we collided.

I looked up at him with a smile. "Sorry, I guess we're both in a hurry."

He smiled as he leaned towards me and gave me a kiss on the cheek, "You look beautiful this morning by the way."

What did he just say? I look beautiful! Damn, he did, I know he did. I'm a beautiful pain in the ass. But he's married to his job. He just got home and now he's going off again after a phone call.

We sat down to eat breakfast together twenty-five minutes later.

"Okay. My flight is this evening. I'll give you my spare set of keys so you can come and go as you need to. I called my parents and told them I had to leave again and would be back in a week. I told them you were staying here so when they come to put salt into the water softener they won't be shocked to find someone here. That's it in a nutshell."

"Were your parents surprised when you told them a woman was staying here?"

He looked at me with a grin, "Somewhat," he replied after hesitating a few seconds.

I wonder what that means? What am I thinking! Of course he's had women here before. Duh! Way to put your foot in it girl. Think before putting your mouth in motion.

"I'm going to leave to go back to my apartment after we get my office stuff set up. I need to talk with the complex manager to end my lease and get my other stuff put into a storage locker somewhere until I decide where it is I'm going to move to."

I saw the expression on his face change.

"Don't worry. After yesterday I don't think Kevin will show up again. Unless he's had a few drinks, he's not aggressive. I wish I'd known that before is all."

"Well you know him, I don't. I'll have to take your word for it. Just give me your cell number so I have it. You have mine already don't you?"

"Yes, don't you remember you gave it to me yesterday before you left to get groceries just in case I thought of something else I needed?"

After getting my computer connected to the network and testing out the internet connection I left for my apartment as Dick was getting his gear around. We shared a hug, but not a kiss before I left, as if each of us were being cautious regarding our relationship. The hug was close and long enough to suggest we were a little bit more than...well...friends. At least it seemed that way to me.

I went over the list of things I needed to do when I got back to my apartment during the two hour drive. When I pulled into my parking space I looked around and didn't see Kevin's car. I walked to the manager's office and explained I was leaving at the end of the month. I also told her the window in the back door had been broken by my ex-boyfriend and needed to be repaired. She told me it would come out of my damage deposit. I felt a flash of anger, but it wasn't the manager's fault I had gotten mixed up with Kevin.

I pulled the storage boxes out I had kept from my last move and proceeded to pack them and placed them in the living room near the front door. It was almost seven when I glanced at my watch, Dick should be waiting for his flight. I would be back to his house by nine if I left now and would catch some fast food before getting on the expressway. That was when the front door opened without a knock--it was Kevin and he was obviously drunk. I cursed myself knowing I had forgotten to lock it. Then my phone rang.

"You goddamned worthless woman. I figured you'd be back tonight. Ya got another boyfriend just like that didn't ya? Well, the next time he sees ya you're going to look a little different."

The knife he held in his hand started to wave at me as he closed the door behind him. He was obviously drunk as he staggered a bit with his next step. I was terrified as my heart went into my throat and stuck there.

Dick

I couldn't explain the strange feeling I felt as I sat in the boarding area. It was a feeling that seemed to grate on my bones. I'd never had a feeling like this before and I tried to shake it off. It was as if something was going to happen and it wouldn't be good. I took out my phone and called Bridget--she didn't pick up and I looked at the time, then walked up to the boarding counter.

"I'm sorry. I'm not going to be able to make this flight. An emergency has come up and I have to leave immediately."

All the while I drove exceeding the posted speed limit I felt anxious as I headed towards Bridget's apartment. I told myself I was acting insane, but the thought kept coming back to me that if I had stayed for the party that night with Lisa our lives would have been different. Still, I hadn't been able to shake the feeling I took as a foreboding. The only person I thought it could pertain to was Bridget.

I pulled into the parking lot of her apartment complex, found a parking spot and starting walking to her door thinking she probably wasn't even there. Then I saw her car sitting there and then a car I thought was Kevin's. I walked up onto the porch and found the door ajar and I could hear voices shouting voices inside--one of them male, the other female. I pulled out my phone to call 911.

"I've already called, they're on the way," I heard a voice say.

I turned to see an older lady standing there a phone in her hand.

"How long have they been in there?"

"He got here a little more than half an hour ago and I could hear her talking with him. Then I heard something get slammed against the wall about five minutes ago and that's when I called 911. Her ex-boyfriend is a mean drunk and I'm not sure he'll listen to her this time."

I heard a scream "Put that knife down! Don't come near me!"

I saw the rolled up new.spaper on the lawn next to the sidewalk and picked it up and looked at the woman.

"I'm not waiting for the cops."

My heart was racing as I slowly pushed open the door and stepped inside. They were standing in the kitchen, Kevin with his back to me as I started forward as he waved the knife at Bridget who was hidden from view. I couldn't make up my mind as to what to do as I didn't want to knock him holding the knife into Bridget. I was within feet of him when he raised the knife and took a step forward.

I simply reacted and kicked him square between the legs hoping the impact would force him to drop the knife and fall backwards as he leaned into the pain. He screamed in agony and bent forward, the knife clattered onto the tile floor. The look of terror on Bridget's face was plain to see, her hands in front of her to ward off the blow she knew was coming. Kevin was on the floor his hand searching for the knife as I reached for Bridget where she was frozen in place.

Pulling her toward me I shouted, "Get outside!"

She stood staring at me as if in a daze.

"Outside now!" as I gave her a shove towards the door.

Then I looked around to where Kevin was searching with one hand while on his knees and the other hand. Either he was too drunk to know he was hurting, or I hadn't connected with him hard enough. No matter, his hand was just inches from the knife as I threw the rolled newspaper in front of him. He was confused when his hand touched the paper and I placed another kick into his side. He rolled over and groaned as I took a giant step back. I had Bridget in the clear and that was all I really wanted to do. A drunk with a knife was for someone else to handle, not me.

I took two steps back when the first police officer came in the door and ordered me onto the floor. I fell down like an autumn leaf knowing it was going to be okay--my heart still beating hard in my ears. Then I heard another voice and footfalls rush past me.

"Sir, you can get up now."

I rolled over and sat up. Two officers had put handcuffs on Kevin and were hauling him to his feet. A hand reached down and I grasped it as it pulled me upward. It was over, Bridget was safe, and the weird feeling that had settled into me was gone.

Chapter 8 What to do now

It took an hour before we finished giving our statements to the police and Bridget locked the door to the apartment as we left. She was still shaken--I could see it in her eyes. We decided we would leave her car and drive back to Asheville together. She was quiet for the first half hour of the trip north and I could hardly make out her facial expression in the dim light.

"I thought I was going to die," she uttered as her entire body shook.

The statement came out of nowhere and I wasn't expecting it. I didn't know what to say. Not a thing came into my mind that seemed to fit.

"Dick, if you hadn't shown up I'd wouldn't be here right now. I'd be dead."

"Try not to think about it. You're not. That's all that's important."

"I can't help it. I thought you were on the way to Belize. Why are you even here? I mean, I don't understand. Don't you need to work?"

How do you explain something in a way that makes it sound like you're not crazy? Explain that I had a strange feeling she was in danger. It didn't make sense to me even now as I sought an answer to her question--I didn't believe in precognition.

"I had a feeling you needed help, so I canceled my flight. I still have to go unless I tell them I can't make it. I figure they can find someone else to cover if I can't do it anyway."

"What if they don't like it? I mean they might let you go."

"Some things are more important than a job. I can find work of some kind if they want to let me go."

Bridget was silent the rest of the way home. We walked into the business car a little after ten and prepared for bed. I was dead tired and I knew she was too. I never wanted to go through another day like that again. I used the master bathroom and started towards my bedroom as she walked in, her face expressionless.

"Get some sleep, you'll feel better in the morning, I offered hoping it would help.

She didn't reply and I gave her a little hug not knowing what else to do.

I was in my bed, my bedroom door open, my eyes closed hoping she would feel better in the morning. I remembered seeing the fear in her eyes and knew there was no way I could completely understand what she had felt at that moment.

I heard a soft voice in the dark, "I don't want to sleep by myself."

"Come here," I replied as I pulled the covers back.

I can't send her away when she needs someone to comfort her. You would have done the same thing for Lisa. Only you loved Lisa, do you love Bridget? Does it matter right now if you don't?

She slipped into bed and into my open arms, laying her head on my shoulder at first, then she settled in, her face at my neck. I pulled her close and felt her sob softly. I figured I was doing what she needed most and didn't say anything.

After a few minutes she whispered, "I'm sorry."

"Shush don't be. I'm glad you're safe and here with me. Now go to sleep, you need to rest."

Bridget

I awoke in the night feeling warm with somebody next to me. I could detect a manly odor, at least this time, not one tainted with the smell of beer. I heard and felt his breathing slow and steady as he spooned me from behind, his arm over my waist, his hand on the mattress next to me. It was a glorious feeling knowing I was safe from harm. I closed my eyes after placing my hand on his arm as if I would slip from his grasp without his noticing.

It was barely light out when I opened my eyes and remembered where I was. I had to pee so I got out of bed as quietly as I could and walked down the hall to the main bathroom where I hoped I would be silent enough not to wake him. I washed my hands and walked back towards the bedrooms hesitating at the door of my own room.

You feel better, you really don't need to get into bed with him again. I don't need to, but I want to. There's no reason not to if you're willing to take the chance he might want to have sex.

I slipped into bed and closed my eyes. It felt so good to be with a man again and I knew how much I missed what a man could do if I wanted him to. Even Kevin had been good some of the time, though towards the end his clinging and jealousy made my life miserable. At first, I thought it was love that made him act that way--I had been wrong. My parents had tried to warn me and I had ignored them and I had been paying a price ever since.

I felt movement in the bed, opened my eyes, and rolled over to find Dick looking at me.

I smiled, "Good morning. Before you ask, yes, I'm feeling better. You don't need to baby me."

"Okay. I guess that means you don't want me to hold you for a few minutes before I get out of bed."

"Aaahh...aaahh...I don't 'need' you to hold me. That doesn't mean I don't 'want' you too.

He laughed, "Okay I guess. But I need to use the bathroom first."

I watched as he got out of bed in his briefs and walked into his bathroom.

Good gracious, what a bulge! I haven't seen that before.

He returned to bed and went onto his back where I moved onto him face down so he could hold me. I closed my eyes and felt good as his hand caressed my arm and shoulder. The warm tingle my body generated immediately told me I had made a mistake--maybe it wasn't him I needed to worry about. I stopped myself from exploring beyond his hairy chest which thrilled me as I absently ran my fingers through the thick curly hair.

A few minutes later we got up and I went to change out of my panties and tee-shirt. I couldn't say I was self-conscious as he watched me get out of bed. I had never spent the night in bed with a man without having sex and I admitted to myself it was strange. The events of the day before had left me more vulnerable than I had ever been before and I had needed him. He had protected me and helped me over the worst of the trauma I had suffered and I was thankful he seemed to understand.

We ate breakfast together and I was pleased to fix something for both of us as it took my mind to a place that relaxed me. He was making toast as I fried the eggs and ham, our occasional bumps against each other in the small space seemed natural, reassuring in a way. His smile warmed me as we headed with loaded plates to the dining room table.

1...45678...10