Pleasure of the Royal Villa

Story Info
Queen Amidala And Her Handmaidens Entertain The Gungans.
13.1k words
4.54
8.3k
17
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Royal Water Yacht gently skimmed across the surface of the crystal clear lake, barely causing a tremor or a ripple as it hovered just above the water. It's traditional chromium coated hull made it go stunning sight to behold for those fortunate enough to witness it in action, the unblemished exterior gleamed as it passed by. A large, retractable glass dome was positioned around the main deck, shielding its esteemed passengers from the glare of the sun.

Its journey provided the occupants with a grand view of the majestic surroundings, with the verdant mountains and calm valleys acting as vibrant tapestries that shrouded the Lake Country from the rest of Naboo. In the distance, a number of waterfalls could be seen, pouring a steady stream of misty water into the lake below, creating a frothy blanket as it met with the untainted water stream.

Shaaks could be seen ambling across the surrounding grasslands, travelling as far as their weak legs could carry them in search of a desirable food source. Soaring in the blue skies above, numerous species of bird could be seen gliding overhead, their multi-coloured plumes twinkled and glimmered as they passed through the stunning rays of sunlight. The experience was one that was entirely unique to the paradise world of Naboo, one that made it the envy of those forced to live on planets where such sights or vistas were few or far between, or completely non-existent.

A slight turn from the rudder caused the yacht to tilt ever so slight, pointing it directly in line with the richly decorated stone and marble dock that extended out from the land. The repulsors beneath the hull of the yacht slowly died down, reaching a level that ended its forward propulsion, allowing it to use the slow moving current to help glide it over to the dock. When the starboard side of the yacht became parallel with the mouth of the dock the captain gave the order to the ship's pilot to initiate the docking sequence, activating the semi-translucent magnetic clamps that locked with the ones fixed to the dock, holding them in place.

With a quick series of final preliminary checks, the procedures to disembark were immediately put into action, with the crew and royal guards rushing to their prearranged positions, standing to attention as they awaited the arrival of their beloved monarch.

From the bowels of the vessel, the royal procession ascended the wide staircase that led directly from the Queen's personal quarters. The affectionately nicknamed 'Pearl Hats' -- dressed in the traditional plastifibre and Ubese leather uniform belonging to the Theed Palace Guards -- led the way, following the stony faced Captain Panaka, who snapped off a crisp salute to the guards already assembled on the top deck.

Not too far behind them were a duo of the Queen's most fiercely loyal handmaidens, Sabé and the royal wardrobe mistress Dormé. Both were clad in their matching flame coloured ceremonial robes, made from trevella cloth tinted with spectra fade dye, with the garment leaving only the bottom of the faces exposed, disguising the pair's dual role as decoys in the event of a perceived threat being levelled at their monarch. Few outside of Queen Amidala's inner circle were privy to the true identities of the handmaidens, a deliberate measure taken to allow a swap to take place with the Queen if it was required, with each handmaiden possessing a near uncanny resemblance to their friend and monarch.

Finally, the final figure emerged, causing the royal guards to offer her a unified salute. Despite the reasonably warm summer climate, Queen Amidala had chosen to adorn her body with the elaborate clothing worn by the Monarch of Naboo. She wore a billowing burgundy gown that flared out as it reached the surface of the upper deck, with black shed potolli fur offsetting the main bold colour. Her white painted face was framed by a pair of pure gold crown that encompassed her oval shaped face. The Queen's long, luxuriant brunette hair had been styled in an extravagant manner, lifted and curled around a circular form, creating a halo-like ring, creating a striking silhouette.

Stepping onto the upper deck, Queen Amidala let her sparkling brown eyes flick up towards the glass dome, watching as a section split away to reveal the long docking ramp, which immediately lowered itself down to the wide dock. The fresh scent of the lake filled the yacht in an instant, bringing with it a wave of nostalgia for the monarch, memories of her time with her parents and sister in their secluded village. It almost brought a fond smile to her red and white painted lips, but the stoicism that had been deeply ingrained into her during the years leading to her ascent allowed her to maintain her poise.

"Your highness, we've arrived at the Royal Villa, you may begin your departure whenever you desire," Captain Sherrik spoke respectfully, inclining his head after removing his cap.

"Thank you, captain. Please send my regards to the pilot, I can't recall a time where I've made this journey without once feeling the yacht suffer from the turbulence of the water. I was almost convinced that we hadn't departed from Theed," Queen Amidala replied amiably, quickly flanked by Sabé and Dormé.

"Of course, your highness. I hope you find you stay to be both peaceful and pleasant," the Captain smiled, nodding at Panaka as he headed back to the bridge.

The procession crossed the length of the deck and made its way to the durasteel landing ramp, walking in a formation that ensured that the Queen was covered from every possible angle, with the guards keeping their fingers close to the triggers of their weapons. After a short descent along the ramp, they set off towards the winding stone staircase that led up to the main grounds of the resplendent villa.

The Royal Villa itself had been constructed centuries prior, built under the orders of one of Queen Amidala's long deceased predecessors. It was intended to be an official getaway for the current ruling monarch, a means of temporarily escaping the chaos and bluster that came with playing in the political arena, both domestically and on a galactic scale. Much thought had gone into the planning of it, with the architects and assessment teams paying special attention to its strategical location and the view it provided to those residing on its lush grounds. Even compared to Varykino Villa, owned by her family, the Royal Villa stood as a magnificent sight.

The villa consisted of four main structures, each of which served a different purpose when it came to providing sufficient protection for the monarch and the means of creating a calming environment. Three large domes extended close to four storeys high, blending in with the foliage growing from the small cliffside. Each dome provided a security buffer, hosting defenses ranging from sophisticated and state-of-the-art shield generators, to anti-starfighter turrets hidden amongst the treeline. The third contained enough space to host a small garrison of guards if it was necessary to do so, enabling the villa to become a bunker should Naboo threatened by an external enemy force.

Following the blockade and eventual invasion by the Trade Federation, the villa saw its already formidable defences further bolstered, even going as far as installing a signal blocker capable of cancelling out the remote link between a Lucrehulk Control Ship and a ground based droid army. The invasion had not only left behind a number of bruises to the planetary defence force's reputation, it had exposed a number of gaps that needed to be addressed, especially with the ever present rumours of the Trade Federation engaging in a form of separation from the Republic.

The fourth and final structure made up the main section of the villa, the palatial residence for the monarch during her stay. It was updated to suit the needs and wants of whomever inherited the throne, altering its interior aesthetic and practical set-up to meet the requirements of the monarch and their personal handmaidens. Although it was on a smaller scale compared to the grand Royal Palace located in Theed, it didn't lack the luxury or the display of opulence that the monarch had become accustomed to.

After a short few minute walk the procession reached its final destination, arriving at the archway marking the main entrance to the villa. They were greeted at the set of antique -- durasteel reinforced -- doors by a polished silver protocol droid, with its glowing yellow eyes immediately focusing on the extravagant Queen.

"Your highness. You have arrived right on schedule, your punctuality is great appreciated," a feminine voice spoke through the vocal processors, the servos belonging to the protocol droid whirred as she bowed stiffly, "my name is LG-74. I shall be acting as the overseer for the duration of your stay. Please, come inside, I imagine your entourage will want to get to work unpacking your luggage."

The group followed the droid as it headed back inside. Entering the foyer, the Queen looked around, taking in the sight that had greeted many of the monarchs that came before her. The flooring consisted of thousands of small shiny tiles, all intricately placed down to create decorative depictions of important moments since the establishment of the first human colony on Naboo, all converging on the large dining hall that functioned as the centremost part of the villa. It was humbling for the Queen to stand where her predecessors once had, but she couldn't ignore the trickle of guilt as she cast her mind towards what she had planned for the evening ahead.

Without wasting a moment, the royal entourage quickly split off, taking the luggage and necessary pieces of equipment that would more than last the full duration of the much earned getaway. Dormé immediately wandered off in the direction of the Queen's bedchamber, followed by a contingent of the staff they had arrived with, each carrying a piece the luggage containing an almost modest amount of clothing. Sabé utilised her skills as a vital part of the Queen's security detail to scour the villa, working in tandem with the Royal Guards as they ensured that the building was as safe and secure as expected.

Whilst the guards and the staff went about their duties, Queen Amidala moved over to the set of transparisteel windows that formed a semi-circular just in front of the balcony overlooking the lake, standing completely still as she gazed out towards the clear water, paying particular attention the the various creatures that occasionally lifted their heads above the surface. Lost in her thoughts, the Queen soon lost track of time.

"Your highness?" the deep voice belonging to Captain Panaka spoke up, drawing the stoic Queen back to reality. "Everything's been unpacked and unloaded, we're just making some last minute adjustments to the security software."

"Very good," Queen Amidala responded with her regal voice, still keeping her face entirely void of emotion, never once allowing her royal facade crumble whilst still clad in her formal wear, "I won't waste anymore of your time, Captain, I know you have work to attend to in Theed."

"There's no such thing as wasting time when it comes to ensuring the safety of the monarch, your highness," Panaka countered in a respectful tone, "that's actually what I wished to discuss. Are you certain that you don't want any guards on sight? It's been a few years since the invasion, but that doesn't take away the risk of the Trade Federation making an attempt on your life. I hope that I can get you to reconsider."

The Queen bowed her head just slightly. She respected Panaka, having fought alongside him during the battle to retake the Royal Palace. There was no doubt in her mind that his fears weren't entirely unfounded, with one or two pieces of concrete evidence having found their way back to the Royal Naboo Security Force, hinting at a plot by Nute Gunray's loyalists to seek some form of revenge against the Queen herself.

But as rational as Panaka's reasoning might have been, she didn't want to have her life and position as monarch to be placed under constant lock and key. She needed to have moments where she could be alone with only her most trusted friends. A brief, but an incredibly well earned break from all the formalities and constant politically motivated fights between herself and the Galactic Senate. Above all, Queen Amidala needed to allow Padmé to have a short time to live out her deepest desires, ones she couldn't possibly risk being uncovered by a guardsmen.

"I appreciate the concern, Captain. Truly. But even a monarch must have her privacy, even if it is just for a short time," the Queen explained, just as she had done when she had first put together and proposed the trip, keeping the true reason for it just between her handmaidens and herself, "the droids are more than capable of keeping up with the necessary maintenance and preparing sufficiently nutritious meals for the three of us."

"If that's what you desire, your highness," Panaka reluctantly accepted the Queen's terms, giving the guards the signal to depart once their checks and inspections had been completed, "but I will still have guards positioned around the villa, keeping a kilometre wide boundary around the perimeter. If we detect any signals of unknown origin entering that boundary, we'll be ready to deal with it."

"Thank you, Captain. I can sleep safe knowing that no stone has been left unturned," Queen Amidala replied appreciatively, "I hope you and the Royal Guard have a safe journey back."

Captain Panaka gave a final bow before turning on his heel, following the last of the guards and staff members as they took their leave, leaving the villa entirely in the hands of the monarch and her loyal handmaidens, along with an unintrusive group of service droids.

Once the doors closed over, emitting a small chime indicating that the security mechanisms had activated, the Queen let her shoulders sag, sighing quietly as her weariness finally managed to catch up to her. As soon as the yacht had loaded back up and disconnected itself from the dock, she finally felt a sense of liberation for the first time since her previous visit to the villa.

"Have they departed, my lady?" Sabé asked softly, pulling the hood of her robe down, revealing her soft facial features and glossy brown hair.

"Yes, Sabé," Padmé smiled, letting her monarchial facade fall away in an instant, "you don't have to worry about keeping up the formalities. At least, not until our trip is at an end."

"Excellent," Sabé shared her friend's relieved grin, pointing a finger towards the the maroon coloured door belonging -- decorated with gold flaking to represent the ancient language of Naboo's first human settlers -- to the royal bedchamber, "we don't have too long before nightfall sets in. Dormé already has our clothes for the night ahead laid out for us. And I assume that you want to relax for a bit first? To rid yourself of your cumbersome official garments?"

"You know me all too well, Sabé," Padmé replied thankfully, joining Sabé as they approached the bedchamber, with Padmé moving as quickly as the heavy robe would allow.

Sabé tapped in the code on the door panel, sliding the burgundy door out of place, revealing the truly breathtaking room beyond. Just like her chamber back at the palace, the villa had been painstakingly planned and executed to ensure it was worthy of hosting the monarch. The ceiling consisted of a large dome, hand painted by some of Naboo's most renowned artists to display some of the greatest achievements of every monarch throughout the planet's history, with a circular glass plate positioned at the centre, allowing beams of sunlight to illuminate the vast work of art with the assistance of strategically placed mirrors.

The mural had recently been updated during the time it spent in dormancy, with Padmé herself having been added to the display, though considered it to be a little too ego stroking, with her being depicted as the very definition of a warrior queen, commemorating her heroism during the retaking of Theed. It highlighted the key events of the whole ordeal, starting with her daring escape from the occupied hangar bay, ending with her standing side by side with Boss Rugor Nass, who held the Globe of Peace between his large hands. It marked a new beginning for Naboo, showcasing the moment that the centuries old barriers between the Gungans and the Naboo people were torn down.

A large, four poster bed was seated between a set of ornate doors, both leading out to a pair of balconies, significantly smaller than the one adjacent to the dining hall. The bedsheets were made from the finest tyrian shimmersilk, pale pearl in colour, hand woven to match the decor of the rest of the room. The four bed posts were curtained by a rose-gold glittery gauze material, capable of shrouding Padmé in a twinkling blanket, along with anyone else who might have also occupied the bed for the night.

"Padmé? Are you ready to get changed?" Dormé inquired, having already loosened the various clips holding her uniform in place, letting her long chestnut hair tumble free. "You look positively exhausted."

"I feel it too, the Advisory Council has been a little more demanding of me than usual. There's also the fact that Chancellor Palpatine has done little to open a clear dialogue with him, his office has been a little too evasive whenever I've attempted to reach him. There's also the fact that I would just love to get out of these clothes," Padmé agreed, stepping onto a small circular platform just in front of a trio of full length mirrors, designed specifically to help her change into and out of her elaborate ceremonial outfit.

Keeping her back straight and her arms held away from her body, she watched the reflection of her wardrobe mistress getting to work, whipping around the platform as she unclipped and unzipped the various harnesses that held the intricate clothing, sliding her hands across the contours of Padmé's slender body in the process. It took just over twenty minutes for the heavy robe to he completely loosened, requiring Padmé to cautiously pull her limbs free as to not cause any damage to the delicate ornaments that covered it. Gratitude filled Padmé as the robe was removed entirely, leaving her clad only in the protective undergarments and soft, sensible footwear that had been designed to make her movements with the gown just a little easier.

Dormé carefully lifted the gown away and slipped it onto a metallic mannequin close by, one that had been based directly on the measurements of Padmé's own body, right down to the most subtle of curves. When she returned, she stepped onto the platform and went about delicately pulling Padmé's hair free from the soft form, treating every brunette lock with a degree of reverence. It was a familiar, if incredibly tedious procedure, but one that Dormé was more than rehearsed in carrying out.

The pair shared a bright grin as the final few locks were unwound, enabling Dormé to lift the head dress up, pulling the gold face plates away. Again, Dormé dashed over to the mannequin, lightly placing the head dress on its featureless head. She sauntered over to the bed, brushing her hand over the trio of gowns that were laid upon the soft bedding.

"Shall we start getting ready for our guests?" Dormé asked, gently running her fingertips along over the stunning gown that would adorn Padmé's lithe form.

"Of course she doesn't want to get changed yet, she's only just arrived. We still have a few hours remaining until the others arrive, that gives Padmé and ourselves more than enough time to unwind," Sabé countered, opening the door of the en suite just enough to let the sound of rushing water fill the bedroom, "that is, unless Padmé doesn't wish to sink herself into a hot, steamy bath?"