All Comments on 'Poison Ivy Ch. 07'

by ReckingBall

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

OH MY GOODNESS I LOVE YOU

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I feel so blessed

Thank you so much for writing. I truly love your work. I refresh on your page once a week hoping that there is more. And you never disappoint when there is!

FUCK EM UP, HUNTER!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Pleaseeee

More please! I can’t even put into words how I’m feeling right now! Please!!!!

EvylempryssEvylempryssabout 5 years ago
Awesome!

Love the story! Can’t wait for Maverick to die. Lol

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Fantastic

Thank you so much for continuing this excellent story. I have been coming to literotica every day to check for chapter 7. Please, please continue writing. You are AMAZING!

Yvonne98Yvonne98about 5 years ago

Omg this was just perfect.. very well written.. worth the torturous wait lol... And like if one sexy Hunter wasn't enough now we got three more... Thank you for this amazing story! Already can't wait till next chapter!

cantfightfatecantfightfateabout 5 years ago
Glad you're back!!

Now more, more, more!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I absolutely love this story...

Please keep writing...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Trevino and Aella?

Ya, I'm pretty sure Trevino saw Aella's video on the screen and knew she's his mate, and that is what the spin off will be about. All of this is great.

I'm not convinced about Kentucky or his real intentions. There wasn't much time for them to have a heartfelt rejoining as comrades, but his little speech did not make me think he had any good excuse of why he betrayed Poison. His life and death were convenient to the plot and that's pretty much it. Sad.

lilmeow_6lilmeow_6about 5 years ago
Yay this was good!

80% sure that Trevino recognized Aella as his mate and that is what the spinoff will be about. I like the new developments of the story!

I was not convinced of Kentucky or his change of heart. I get that they didn't have time to yak but his little speech about not knowing what was going on fell a little flat. Although he started out feeling like a 3D character, I feel he went out as a storyline prop, which is sad.

Love the addition of Hunter's friends.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
YES!

Love love love this series! I don't agree at all about other comments regarding Kentucky/Brad. I was devastated along with Ivy during his betrayal. Not sure if his excuse made any sense or was forgivable but in the end he gave his life protecting her. Ivy's entire life had been manipulated even when it was for her own safety. It was so important to re-establish the authenticity of that corner of her life with the medic team she'd fought so hard to carve out. It was the one thing that she fought tooth and nail for that she could reflect back on with pride after having everything else taken away from her. I cried at Kentucky's sacrifice but it couldn't have turned out any other way. I get that he had to prove his remorse without expecting forgiveness. Anything less just wouldn't have worked.

Now on to that hunk of a mate Hunter! I absolutely loved his telepathic reassurances. "I'm coming for you" Damn that was good! Not only did he keep his promise but he brought along more smokin hot over the top Alpha's with him. I hope they get sequels! Oh and what about that kiss? I could feel the bark of the tree at my back while holding my breath! When he told her he would always come for her and there was absolutely nothing he wouldn't do to find her...ever, well just wow! Big sigh. I can't flipping wait for the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

are you planning on giving Hunter a personality besides "possessive" anytime soon? your world-building is great but Hunter is the most stereotypical alpha with zero self-awareness— at least Maverick knows he's evil

KinkibootsKinkibootsabout 5 years ago
Loving this story

This is the first Alpha Beta Omega story I have read, so took your advise and googled it. Thank you for that.

I Love the story far. I personally think you have the balance right with sexual scenes, too much at points could spoil the story. So I think what you have written and where in the story has been brilliant for me. Don't get me wrong I love sexual scenes but when it's right for the stories concerned.

Keep up the good work.

ReckingBallReckingBallabout 5 years agoAuthor
Hunter?

Thank you guys for the feedback! I loved writing this chapter, expect to hear more from Trevino, Pyle and Fowler! As for Anon's comment, I really disagree with the statement that Hunter has zero personality besides possessive or has zero self awareness. Perhaps this is my fault for not writing him the best, but there's a lot of depth to Hunter. Not all of it has been revealed yet, I hinted at some of it when we saw the scars on his back. Also, he's been changing and adapting to Ivy. He pays attention to her gripes and dissatisfaction with the way Betas are treated or how things are done, and he's taken steps to correct them.

I do appreciate the feedback, though. This next chapter I'm writing, I was planning on revealing some details about his past anyway, and I will work hard on trying to convey the Hunter that I have in my head. :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Hunter

I agree that Hunter is changing to adapt to Ivy's needs and her feelings. He changed her clothes and the ways he deals with Betas, like the medic. He's an Alpha, so possessive yesss, but I love it! I loved how he kept reassuring Ivy he was on the way. Can't wait for Maverick to die. Bring on chapter 8!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I love the story but...

The fact that Ivy didn't get pregnant ruined it for me. I mean, how can she NOT be after all that frequent, hot, unprotected sex? That just spells out infertility. Not very romantic. It makes her estrous cycle pointless. I didn't buy the whole "her body was still recovering from the heat-suppressant coffee" thing. If that were true, Ivy wouldn't have been able to go into estrous in the first place.

And how can Ivy STILL not acknowledge her love for Hunter? I mean, her soulmate almost DIED. You'd think that would have made her realize how much he means to her. I get it if she still won't admit it to him but she should at least admit it to herself.

That's my constructive criticism. Take it or leave it! Still love the story and can't wait for more.

Yvonne98Yvonne98about 5 years ago
To the last Anon

Who knows maybe she is pregnant but doesn't realize it.. I was kinda expecting it too and was worried for the potential baby when they were injecting her with all things when she was abducted.. but we'll have to wait and see what the writer has in mind..

And I think at the bottom of her heart she knows she's in love, her reactions and thoughts are speaking for her.. but with their situation it's not easy to admit it even to herself.. in previous chapter she admitted he was growing on her, so slowly but surely we're getting there.. and it's so much better this way.. rushing things is not necessary.. it's more realistic and believable. And it also suits her stubborn character...

Ugh can't wait to read next chapter!!!!!

Ellienora35Ellienora35about 5 years ago
Pregnant

You can have a lot of fantastic sex and not get pregnant and not have fertility issues. I think her next estrous will get her pregnant. Maybe she went through estrous but didn’t actually ovulate first because of the heat suppressants. This is a perfectly believable suspension of disbelief. And I can’t wait until they get Aella out of there.

SarabiiSarabiiabout 5 years ago

Excellent stuff, keep it up!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Hunter

Hunter is perfect just the way he is. Keep up the good work, ReckingBall!

jenna6jenna6about 5 years ago
@Yvonne98

I'm the last Anon. (I was having trouble posting under my username then which is why I used Anonymous). And I LOVED your reply. I too cannot wait for the next chapter. It's killing me. Meanwhile, I am re-reading the previous ones. And it's even better the second time around because you understand a whole lot more. ReckingBall is the best!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
These Characters Though

I am really fucking invested. Can't wait for the next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
OMG

.... I LOVE THIS STORY! It’s so amazing, detailed, and I love it all. The character development, the drama/conflicts, etc. it’s definitely a good read to keep you hooked the entire time. I can’t wait till the next one!! XD

Yvonne98Yvonne98about 5 years ago
Don't mind me.. I'm here just to check for any updates lol

Waiting is so difficult but I know good things take time.. I'm thankful for quality content.. keep up good work! After finishing this one I hope you'll continue to bless us with more of your lovely stories in future!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I AM SO HOOKED!!!

OK I need (stressing the word need) this story in my life!!!! I am so hooked... like this story is my new crack!!!!

ReckingBallReckingBallabout 5 years agoAuthor
Quick note...

Just wanted to drop a quick note for anyone who might be wondering where chapter 8 is. I haven't abandoned the story! Life recently got in the way of everything but the essentials, but I'm starting to come back to it. It'll be submitted within the next week, I promise. Thanks so much for all your support, you guys have no idea how much I appreciate your feedback!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU FOR LETTING US KNOW!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot WAIT for the new chapter!!!!!! Hope everything else is going great for you!!!!!!!!

cantfightfatecantfightfateabout 5 years ago
so glad the next ch will be soooooon!

woohoo!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Estrous

Can someone explain why she would have been 'torn apart' if she entered estrous whilst still in the beta camp? Is that medically or from violence?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Re: Estrous

An omega's smell during estrous would've caused all the betas to go into a rut and they would do whatever they had to do to get to her. There would be no rational thought. It would've been a violent and bloody mess where they would try to kill anyone in their way. Unfortunately Ivy would've been caught in the middle and the violence of it all would've been her end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Character digresses and story falters in order to reach cliche endings

So Ivy who has lived on battlegrounds in military, and who doesn't think twice before pulling the trigger, chose to chicken out when -

1. She was kidnapped from barracks i.e. when Hunter was shot and had her gun pointed at Beta guards but didn't shoot Maverick when he shot Hunter

2. Ivy who was determined to die in the Chid forest surrounded by 4 Alphas instead of being raped, chickened out and chose to be willingly raped by Maverick just coz of Alle. She is intelligent enough to know if she dies, blackmail of Omega Alle and her baby will end as they will be useless to Maverick

3. Lastly, ex-military Ivy had a gun but CHOSE not to shoot Maverick after he oral-raped her, just because.....she thought she will come back to him when she knew she is no match for him. That is after she chose to shoot the dick of that Alpha in Chid forest when he did not do a thing to her.

Lol, though a good story, but ridden with conflicts. Often when female leads are characterized as strong ones that too with military backgrounds and guns familiarity, conflicts arise in story when authors just can't let these females get out of situations on their own and kill the villians, in order to conform to cliche and social fabric of acceptability.

But this compromises the flow of the story where unnecessary incidents like these where characters easily kill any one in the story but the actual villians, make story become short of being truly unique and amazing. Because if Ivy had killed Maverick, Hunter would not have been her true savior and he would had only her father left to be killed, but why is this logical conclusion bad?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Some cliches are ok

I read a comment talking about Ivy's character regressing, and I disagree. The story still made sense to me, and while maybe there were several possible ways it could have gone, if it were "real life" (like her shooting Mavric), I still think it kept in line with the plot, and her character.

I especially love that you kept her human, as in she cares about other people. I think it takes more courage, and honestly more "bad-ass-ness " to sacrifice yourself for someone else, as in her innocence friend.

And, as a woman, and a strong one at that (at least I hope so, after being in the army for 2 years and paying my own way through 7 years of med school), I'm actually not bothered by her being saved by Hunter. You need to know when to be strong, but no one can do everything themselves, and I think that's part of the charm of the story.

It was good enough for me that she got to kick him in the balls :)

So even though there are some minor details that maybe don't make perfect sense (like how Kentucky survived a storm of bullets the first time), I still think it's a great story.

Sorry for the rant, but I felt it was necessary. Cheers

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Love this story

Just my thoughts on why Ivy didn’t shoot Mav either time. In the hospital, she was still holding the baby. To shoot someone as immediate defense of yourself while holding the baby is one thing, but all that would have happened if she had pulled the trigger after Hunter was shot was they would have fired at her and the baby.

As far as not firing in the room, as Kentucky told her, there were 14 people outside the room, if she had pulled the trigger, don’t you think they would have come running to the room and she never would have made it out. I think she showed logical restraint.

And I also agree, it shows considerable bravery to sacrifice yourself to protect another.

kiwiplumkiwiplumalmost 3 years ago

She's great. sorry she's had to make a choice of which arsehole alpha to be with.

K_FletcherK_Fletcherover 2 years ago

I am so happy I found this. Your character development is great. Your humor is great. I read another story of your and I almost couldn’t get through it because I hated a couple of your characters so much. Just wow.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userReckingBall@ReckingBall
799 Followers
"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of the light on broken glass." -Anton Chekhov

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES