All Comments on 'Poison Ivy Ch. 10 Pt. 01'

by ReckingBall

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
It's like a different story

I don't know if it's been too long since I read the other chapters but this new addition felt very disconnected from the story. All of a sudden, Aella the quiet omega is a hacker.. they've got unrealistic access to presidential Intel, there's a trafficking scam sideline story, Hunter has become a feminist and basically we're back to Ivy getting kidnapped by someone. Terrible chapter.

cantfightfatecantfightfateover 3 years ago
So happy you're finally going to finish this.

Though it took a few pages to get back into the swing of things. To be honest, I'm not sure why you and so many authors try to get things perfect just before the end and take forever to rewrite. We fell in love with the characters despite any minor writing imperfections and we would have loved an imperfect yet riveting conclusion too.

The hiatus messed with the flow and set really high expectations. The chapter was good but I think I would have appreciated it more 18 months ago. For your next story, I hope you finish it first and do edits of the entire story after, for those who look for a more polished version. At this point, I just want to have closure, so I'll look forward to the next chapter.

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimover 3 years ago
Yay

Brilliant set up for the finale. Loving it

ReckingBallReckingBallover 3 years agoAuthor
Editing

I feel like I should address this since it’s been asked twice. First off, I didn’t purposefully leave this story without an update for 18 months. Life happens, and I took a hiatus from writing. I work in healthcare, and had a particularly devastating event occur right after chapter 9 was posted, and this story in particular was too painful to revisit until recently. When I did come back to poison Ivy, I couldn’t find a way to end it that made sense with the version I had written. I came back to the story as a different person and wanted to make those changes before I tried to give it the ending I wanted. As for the comment about aella suddenly being a badass hacker, that was written into the original, unedited version, so you may have missed it. Otherwise, if the ending doesn’t jive with the rest of the story, I apologize. I’m not writing a novel, or to make money... I write because I like to tell stories and I feel honored and humbled that there are people out there who enjoy them. I apologize for the long wait, and As always, thanks for the feedback :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thank You

Thank you for both your writing and your service in Healthcare! Stay safe during these Covid times. Looking forward to Aella’s and Trevino’s story

kdlucaskdlucasover 3 years ago
Oh my freaking Lord!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! This is so incredible. I've checked back periodically to see if there was an update. I was so excited to find a "YES!" I've reread each chapter and this is the best. Can't wait for the next part.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userReckingBall@ReckingBall
"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of the light on broken glass." -Anton Chekhov

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES