All Comments on 'Poison Ivy Ch. 10 Pt. 02'

by ReckingBall

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Beautiful!

Definitely worth the wait! So glad to see you back and to see some happiness in Ivy and Hunter’s life. Can’t wait to read future spin-offs!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Awesome!

Loved your book! I cannot wait to see what you write next!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Worth the wait!

I have loved this story since I found it over a year ago. I was overjoyed when you started writing again. I love that you had Ivy and Aella save themselves! The happy ending was so satisfying and I adore the epilogue. I can’t wait for Trevino and Aella’s story!

EuphoriaSlam69EuphoriaSlam69over 3 years ago

Oh I was so happy to find this last part posted! This is without doubt the best series I've read in years! Congratulations well done! Please keep up your fabulous writing!

FromTxFromTxover 3 years ago
Really well done

Enjoyed the story. Glad you finished it,

bucksumgalbucksumgalover 3 years ago

I'm glad that Ivy's struggles are over and she's no longer in danger, but I'm sad that the story is over. Glad that you are willing to continue it. Would love to read more from these characters. Looking forward to them being in future stories. With Ivy & Aella being so close, we should get to read a fair bit about Hunter & Ivy and the gang as minor characters in each others stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Very Disappointed and Felt Cheated

I was wondering if you were alright after waiting for so long without an update. I was over the moon when I noticed you’ve submitted Chapter 10. I actually dropped everything and started reading right there and then. I had given up hope to ever read the ending of this wonderful and amazing story and the characters you had created.

Unfortunately, after waiting for almost 1.5 years, I am extremely disappointed with both Part 1 and 2 of Chapter 10. It feels like you had left Hunter and Ivy, and you’ve actually moved on to Aella and Trevino. I understand you’re making spin-offs and introducing teasers of the new couple, which is perfectly fine. However, Aella had dominated at least half, if not most, of the whole of Chapter 10, both Part 1 and 2.

As a reader who had fallen in love with your main characters, Ivy and Hunter, I would love to read more about them, and their time with each other, especially if this is going to be their final chapter. Instead, they had spent most of their time in Chapter 10 away from each other. Even with the “mated pair bonding” – you mentioned the feelings they felt through their bond only briefly. Yet, you delved into a much deeper and detailed description of Aella’s mind bonding with Trevino when she was abused by Hickson. I know you said this is not the end of Ivy and Hunter and you will bring them back in the spin-off, but it won’t be the same.

Also, the title of the story is Poison Ivy. That means this story is and should be about Ivy. So I feel it should focus and concentrate more on Ivy, whether it’s her life, her past, her present, her future, her relationship or interactions with Hunter, her feelings and emotions, her thoughts, etc..., and perhaps Hunter’s as well. The protagonist of this story should be Ivy, and she should not be overshadowed by Aella. Instead, in Chapter 10, it felt as if Ivy is the side character and filler.

The other thing is you’ve touched quite a lot on Aella here, instead of giving us teasers. You’ve told stories of her past, her skills, her broken soul, her anguish and insecurities, her future (having twins with Trevino), as well as relationship and her special bond with Trevino. I actually didn’t mind that Aella is suddenly a badass hacker. My problem is it feels like Aella is the protagonist here instead of Ivy, stealing Ivy’s thunder. This also creates another problem, which is I now feel like I know all I need or want to know about Aella and her relationship with Trevino. This has now made me lost interest in reading any more about the spin-off. I no longer feel curious about them. This is ironic as I was one of the people who initially really hoped and wished you would write a story about Aella and Trevino. I noticed their story “From the Ashes” is now out just before writing my feedback. Sorry to say this but I will most likely not read about them, even if there are bits and pieces on Ivy and Hunter. I do wish their stories well even if I have completely lost interest now.

I know you write because you like to tell stories or as a hobby. I fully understand what you said when you came back to this story as a different person, perhaps with different perspective. If it had become painful or difficult to re-visit writing this story, perhaps a ‘short and sweet’ ending may be better and more satisfying in this case. Perhaps the final chapter does not need to be long or broken into 2 parts. Chapter 10 is about 7 pages combined – but there was not a lot about the protagonist or the main couple.

Your other readers were right in their comments in Part 1. It did feel a little disjointed and different, but I can deal with it and still relate. I was just a little perplexed why you focused so much on Aella, and felt like I was cheated out of reading about Ivy’s and Hunter’s story/life/relationship.

I hope you don’t see this as an attack in anyway. It is not. It is a feedback and how I felt about Chapter 10. You do write very well, and I love the way you described and brought your characters and stories to life in our mind. Put it this way - you wrote and told Ivy’s story so well that one of your readers (i.e. me) cares enough to see the need to reach out to you and pour my thoughts out, and provide you with long and detailed feedback. By the way, this is the second time I’ve ever written any feedback on any stories I’ve read, and I read a lot.

On a different note, I sincerely hope your ‘devastating event’ is now over. At the very least, I hope you have at least healed or recovered from it, or managing/coping with it, whatever it was. I do sincerely wish you well and all the very best life has to offer. Thank you for sharing your talent and your stories.

ReckingBallReckingBallover 3 years agoAuthor
Re: Disappointed and cheated

At the risk of sounding defensive, I wanted to say that I read and consider every comment and email, even if I don’t respond to all of them, and I genuinely appreciate your feedback. You’re right; I did focus a lot on Aella and Trevino, and perhaps I’ll edit the final chapter to bring it back around to Ivy and Hunter as you suggested. I’ve thought a lot about Aella and Trevino and spent a lot of time fleshing out their story, and I was probably a bit overeager to begin to shift the focus to them.

I like to tell stories, and generally I like to tell stories that are a bit dark and gritty. I think I, along with many, many others, have been through some dark times, and writing some of that into these chapters gives me a bit of control over that darkness. Aella and Trevino are cathartic characters for me, whereas Ivy and Hunter are lighter, and more fun to write than anything else I’ve written. I do intend to bring Ivy and Hunter back in some big ways, partly because I need them to balance out the more tortured characters. I intentionally left a lot of things unfinished because I plan to continue them, so while I very much understand your point and understand you won’t be continuing, I’m grateful for your thoughtful feedback and will try to give Ivy and Hunter more focus in coming chapters. And thank you for taking the time to read and comment, you bring up good points and I appreciate it greatly.

Once again, I appreciate all of the support and feedback I receive. It’s helped me shape these stories and become a better writer, and it’s something I genuinely find great enjoyment in. I also hope I’m not coming off as cocky or arrogant; while I put a lot of time and effort into this, it’s mostly something I do for me, and I continue to be amazed that there are people out there who read and enjoy my writing. :)

Thank you

cantfightfatecantfightfateover 3 years ago
Glad you finished it.

Happy the girls didn't need an alpha to win. But this ending was vaguely dissatisfying and disappointing, though i don't exactly know why. I wanted more of Hunter and Ivy. I wanted to see their recovery and their bond solidify and him struggle to fight his instincts and give her independence. I wanted to see her give birth and make a happy transition into a life she had never planned. the quick ending, not seeing Hickson suffer the loss of power or whether he was just tortured and killed... it just seemed rushed and a missed opportunity. And the skip 4 year ahead... didn't feel right. I love a happily ever after epilogue but it was just too far ahead to feel satisfying.

Regardless, thank you for coming back to finish it. You definitely did justice to the story, if not to Ivy and Hunter. I'm a little resentful of Aella and Trevino kinda stealing Hunter and Ivy's ending, so I don't think I'll be reading their story right now. But I still love your writing and hope to come back to another one of your stories with characters i love as much as I loved Ivy and Hunter.

girlwhocantsaynogirlwhocantsaynoover 3 years ago
loved it

Ive been here from the beginning with this story, so glad you finished it, I loved it.

Reread ch 9 before starting these and I dont think it was disjointed at all tbh. Everything had already been started in the previous chapters whether people remember or not. So well done! Loved it. Will definatley read anything else you choose to write on Aella, Thank you! :D xxx

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A good end and better chapter

Disagree with the previous comment saying Hunter should give Ivy more independence.. He is his dynamic and it would be unrealistic for him to be anything but himself. I didn't like part 1 but this part is much more like your writing and I really enjoyed it. Well done. Everyone always gets upset when these short stories end, I've seen it with others on this site. There is clearly alot of love for the characters. I also had more interest in Ivy than Aella and thought there would be a showdown between dad and daughter but it's still a good satisfying end. God work.

jm_petjm_petover 3 years ago
Thank you

I have loved this story and was so relieved to see you were writing again. I too would have liked more of Ivy and Hunter and moving her home and the birth, resolution with her father, etc. That being said, it’s your story and I still enjoyed it. As far as Aella and Trevino’s story, I can’t wait! And where did the prologue go? Perhaps leaving insinuations of what happened with Aella’s rape, but just move the dialogue You’ve written between her and Trevino and their reunion to their story? Either way, you are an amazing writer and you’re writing for yourself, not to sell,( although you are good enough to sell books) so I’m just really appreciative that you are willing to share your talent with us!

jm_petjm_petover 3 years ago
Epilogue

One additional comment... I loved the epilogue, I thought it was a great compromise on giving Ivy independence while living in a world that doesn’t work that way for omegas. I also like knowing Aella and Trevino eventually get their HEA because we know their story is dark.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Aella’s story?

Umm, pretty sure I saw you post Aella’s story (From the Ashes?) but then it disappeared? What’s going on? Will you upload this again?

cantfightfatecantfightfateover 3 years ago
Are you deleting comments? Spent time giving constructive feedback so would like it to stay. Here it is again.

Happy the girls didn't need an alpha to win. But this ending was vaguely dissatisfying and disappointing, though i don't exactly know why. I wanted more of Hunter and Ivy. I wanted to see their recovery and their bond solidify and him struggle to fight his instincts and give her independence. I wanted to see her give birth and make a happy transition into a life she had never planned. the quick ending, not seeing Hickson suffer the loss of power or whether he was just tortured and killed... it just seemed rushed and a missed opportunity. And the skip 4 year ahead... didn't feel right. I love a happily ever after epilogue but it was just too far ahead to feel satisfying.

Regardless, thank you for coming back to finish it. You definitely did justice to the story, if not to Ivy and Hunter. I'm a little resentful of Aella and Trevino kinda stealing Hunter and Ivy's ending, so I don't think I'll be reading their story right now. But I still love your writing and hope to come back to another one of your stories with characters i love as much as I loved Ivy and Hunter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
You are so talented!

Just finished re-reading the full story + the new chapters and remembered why this is one of my favourite stories on this site! Both well written plot and sex scenes, dominant assholes, well-rounded interesting female characters that actually have friendships with other women. Loved the extra detail the edits provided and thought the ending was perfect.

Thank you for coming back to finish this story despite life's circumstances and really looking forward to reading Aella and Trevino's story. I liked that you both set up their story and finished Hunter + Ivy's.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I really wanted to love the ending.

It wasn't perfect. Truthfully, I did not enjoy Chapter 10 at all. Both parts. All these Alphas tripping themselves "accidentally" on their fated Omegas at the end, destroys your whole plot's premise that fated pairs were super rare. The Anika thing was too much! When Hickson raped Aella and the Torino facility description - also too much, too fast. I couldn't feel the emotional ball drop and so it had no impact on me. Remove the Hickson rape and the plot would be exactly the same, so why have it in there at all? Aella's word choices had no gravitas. I don't know, it just didn't feel like she was a broken woman. It felt like she was reading a diary entry. Maybe less would have been more, in this instance?

The last part of Part 2, was good. It explained some of the conflict and tied loose ends. Liked the bit about the child disability center because of the ramifications of Cali being exposed to all those drugs, but you didn't put enough emphasis on it. It was lost amid all the other things you were trying to cram in the end. We get it, their society needs a change. But focus on less to make it more powerful. There were so many unnecessary sex scenes between Hunter/Ivy in previous chapters but the last Chapter was lacking in HEA sex, so why not move one of those forward in time? Dam it. I really did want to like the ending! I just wish it was a better end to an otherwise AMAZING FUCKING STORY. It deserved better. It was obvious the author spent so much time working/editing the beginning, but the ending was sadly rushed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Gripping

I have been gripped by your story and am relieved that the ending didn't fall into the old 'little submissive girl capitulates' scenario. One rather large quibble I have though is the torture scenarios carried out by the so-called good guys. Surely, dragging themselves down to the level of their enemies and quite frankly revelling in the brutality is questionable at the very least. Surely Ivy as a medic would find this anathema, instead she participates! Characters who are believed to be decent at some level would be horrified by such behaviour. It really didn't sit well with me.

JasmijnJasmijnover 2 years ago

I love the fact that the characters are not perfect, it makes them real. Thanks for sharing you’re talent with us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Really enjoyed your work, keep that pen busy.

his_sweethearthis_sweetheartalmost 2 years ago

I absolutely adored this story. The most moving part for me, the one that spoke to me tenderly and caused a cascade goosebumps nearly bringing me to tears, was when Trevino arrived and Aella had to face him after the trauma she'd endured. There are many of us broken and you nailed the feelings of shame, disappointment, defeat and heartbreak we feel from the rejection. The way he comforted her boy made me fall to pieces. A truly remarkable story. It had everything and was everything. An I will never forget this story and how it made me feel.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Can you turn this into a book so I can buy it please? I adore your writing style.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

came here for smutty sheit, ended up crying real tears of joy

my bro, publish this book, i swear you'll earn a fortune

11/10, never boring, good ending, amazing writing skills, amazing plot, you name it

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Absolutely amazing. Everything about it. The characters and story have that rare quality that says this could be absolutely real in another time and place, and that all the elements are far too real in this one. Loved that the characters had plenty of flaws, could be cold bloodedly brutal when needed, and made mistakes, yet the drive to do the right thing kept them (mostly) on track.

Strand

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userReckingBall@ReckingBall
"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of the light on broken glass." -Anton Chekhov

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories