Policing Vampires

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Manetti stood at the foot of the bed and took in the charnel house scene. His fists were clenched and he was shaking with rage. Whoever had done it? There was no doubt who had done it.

Other cops and EMTs stood around and offered platitudes to each other. Everyone was shocked. Everyone but Manetti. Manetti wasn't shocked, Manetti was furious.

He wanted to tell the lieutenant what he could about the situation. He wanted to tell everything but knew how that would be received. Vampires? Damn, Phil, you must be more upset than I thought. Take a week. Take a Valium. Take retirement.

No. The bitch had to die and he was going to do it. So he said nothing.

He excused himself as soon as he could, and went out to sit on the hood of a police cruiser parked in the street so he could call Pam's cell.

"Listen, I hope you check your voicemail as soon as you are up. My partner is dead. There's no doubt what happened. I don't know how she figured out who to kill to get to me, but she did. She slaughtered him. It's horrible." He gave her the address. "Come when you can. I'm perfectly safe here, there are 20 cops around."

She did check her voicemail as soon as she got up and saw the note he had left for her. She was there almost as the sun was completely down. She came straight to him and hugged him hard.

"Phil, I'm so sorry. This is my fault, I assumed she would run the way she always has. It never occurred to me that she might do something so conspicuous."

"It's not your fault, there's no way you could have predicted something like this. How did she know to target Randy, though? She couldn't come after me, she didn't know where I was, but how did she know he was my partner?"

"I don't know. She must have... no, that's not possible. I don't know, Phil, I wish I did. I promise you, we'll get her."

"Yes, I'm going to rip her fucking head off."

"Well, I'm not going to try and convince you to let me handle this, I have done a shitty job so far."

"Don't blame yourself."

"Excuse me, Detective Manetti?"

Manetti turned and saw an unfamiliar young patrolman standing nearby. "What is it, officer?"

"You might want to come take a look at this, sir."

The young man led them to the parking garage beneath the building. In the furthest corner were several dumpsters. As they approached the young officer turned, drawing his sidearm and aimed directly at Pam's head. At the same moment Barnett stepped out, smiling unpleasantly.

Manetti went for the Beretta under his coat, as his fingers touched the handle Barnett looked into his eyes and every muscle in his body locked up. It felt like a cramp over his entire body. He wanted to scream but he couldn't open his mouth.

"Good boy," she said to the young man, "You have done well. I am very happy." The boy grinned. Manetti could see no intelligence in his eyes.

"So this is how you did all this?" Pam roared. "You took some nice young man and turned his brain to oatmeal."

"Yes, of course. Now stand very still or he will paint the wall with your brain. Won't you darling."

His grin grew but neither his aim nor his gaze on Pam wavered at all.

Calmly, she approached Manetti and put her hand loosely on his throat. She squeezed a little and he strained to grab her hand and break every bone in it.

"Put your handcuffs on her now. She will behave or she'll watch this one die." Barnett said calmly.

"Why would I give a shit about him?" Pam asked.

"Because I can smell your cunt on him. You're his little whore now, aren't you. You won't do anything that will risk him."

As the officer was snapping his handcuffs around Pam's wrists Barnett said to Manetti, "Did she tell you that I turned her husband? He was a pathetic little worm, but very tasty." Pam made an inarticulate scream of rage. Manetti still couldn't. He burned to dig his fingers into her eyes.

Barnett smiled at him as though she could feel it. She turned to her puppet and said, "Do you like her? Why don't you squeeze her tits for Detective Manetti, so he can see what you're going to do to her."

The young man stood behind Pam and reached around to grab at her tits roughly. Manetti pictured blood streaming from Barnett's throat.

She smiled again, then went to lean against the wall. "Come here and show me how much you like my body."

Phil walked to her and took her breasts in his hands as gently as a lover. He stroked her tenderly as he imagined tearing them off and shoving them down her throat.

"BITCH," Pam screamed and Barnett laughed.

"That's enough, both of you. Men are so easy to manipulate, don't you think." Both men stepped back. "It's a shame that you fucked him," she said to Pam, "I was going to use that to get complete control of him, but that won't work now, so I'll have to go the other route. He won't enjoy that at all, but I will. Put her in your car and drive her out of the city, someplace quiet," she said to the young officer. "When you get there, bend her over the hood of your car and fuck her in the ass. Then leave her there for the sun. Detective Manetti and I will be enjoying ourselves right here."

The officer took Pam by the arm and began to haul her away. "Phil!" She called back to him. She struggled and the officer had to grab a handful of her hair to jerk her along. She swore furiously as he dragged her away. There wasn't much she could do with is gun pressed to her temple.

Manetti lost sight of her right after that because Barnett punched him hard in the stomach. The strength of her blow bent him over. The only sound he could make was a deep groan. She grabbed his hair and jerked his head up.

"Perhaps she did not tell you. There are two avenues open to me, pleasure or pain. Since you fucked that little whore pleasure isn't available to me anymore, so we'll go with pain. A lot of it. To bad I can't let you scream, it would draw too much attention."

It went on for a while, Manetti could not decide how long. Too long. She kept her rigid control over him the entire time. No one walked by. No one noticed a thing.

Eventually he was laying on his back with her leaning over him, looking deeply into his eyes. She smiled and he felt control of his body returning.

"I think you're ready now. Say goodbye to your brains."

If his right leg had not been so badly broken he wouldn't have been able to reach the ankle holster. The click of the hammer locking back caused her to begin turning her head to look. The press of the barrel against her forehead caused her to freeze. Her eyes widened and Manetti thought he saw panic there. He wanted to enjoy it for a while, but she was too dangerous. He considered just arresting her, but on what charge? Blood-sucking? Nope. Not practical right now anyway.

He squeezed. The pistol went off. Her brains went everywhere.

Unlike the movies she did not turn into dust and blow away. She just became a (formerly) very attractive corpse and collapsed on the dirty concrete.

Manetti remember reaching for his phone. He didn't remember finding it.

Emergency rooms always have that very distinctive aroma, anti-bacterial cleaner combined with sickness. It's impossible to miss it. So Manetti knew he was in a hospital before he even opened his eyes. The first thing he saw was a woman wearing surgical scrubs, standing at the foot of his bed writing on a clipboard. Then his eyes shifted to the complicated arrangement of wires and pulleys attached to his right leg. Was that what was making it hurt so abysmally?

"Welcome back, Mr. Manetti. How are you feeling?"

"Leg hurts," was that croak his voice?

"I imagine it does. Don't worry, we've got the best orthopedic surgeon in the state on his way. He's going to fill your leg with rods and screws, but it will hurt less after that. I also need to tell you not to worry about insurance or anything like that. You have a... benefactor who is taking care of everything."

Huh?

"I'm sure you're feeling a little fuzzy right now, you're up to your eyebrows in painkillers."

"Anyone looking for me?"

"Not yet. I talked to your boss, he's on his way but you'll be going to surgery in a few minutes. You've got some other injuries too but your leg is the main concern right now."

"How about a pretty nurse?"

The woman gave him a knowing grin. "Forget it. You won't be feeling that frisky for a couple of weeks."

He wanted to make a joke about that but the painkillers combined with the fatigue and he was gone again.

Waking up the second time was easier. His leg throbbed. Wasn't it supposed to hurt less? What was going on with his left hand? He opened his eyes and turned his head. Pam was there. She was holding his left hand in both of hers, pressing it between her breasts. Her eyes were closed. Was she praying?

"Are you the pretty nurse I ordered?"

"Oh thank God. Are you alright?"

"Me? First rate. Great drugs in this place." His ears were on crooked and everything was very soft looking.

She smiled and brushed the hair off his forehead. "I was so worried about you."

He blinked and coughed to clear his throat. "I was worried about you. I thought you said I was resistant to pushing?" He motioned at the water glass on the table and she held it for him as he sipped through the bent straw.

"You were when I tried to push you, but I'm not all that strong in that area. Obviously she is. Was."

"I'm glad you're okay, but what happened?"

"That poor guy put me in his cruiser and started driving. We were on the interstate just outside the city when he just stopped and fell over. I don't think he had much left after she was finished with him and when you killed her he just quit working. Anyway, the car tore through a barrier and went down a rise before it came to a stop. I had to break my seat belt, kick the door out, then get his door open so I could drag him out and get his keys so I could unlock the handcuffs. It took me forever. By the time I managed it the sun was coming up, so I had to climb in the trunk and wait out the day. Oh stop looking like that, I've spent less comfortable days. I'm fine, really."

"Good, I'm glad. How did you find me?"

"Oh, I still had my cell phone. I was able to get to it and make some calls before anything else. I told my people where you were and what was going on. They got there right after you put her down and brought you here. After the sun went down they came and got me." She squeezed his hand. "You don't have to worry about a thing, Phil. They are going to cover your expenses, fix up your apartment and come up with a cover story for your bosses. I insisted. And I talked to your doctors, you're going to be fine but they are a little concerned about your leg. It's pretty bad."

"I'll worry about that later. Thanks for looking out for me."

"We owe you big, honey. Are you in pain? The little clicker thing right there will give you a shot of morphine if you are."

"In a minute. I'm really glad to see you."

The worry on her face disappeared and she gave him a glowing smile before leaning down to deliver a deep, long kiss.

When she pulled away he said softly, "Better not do that, I'm not supposed to be feeling frisky for a couple of weeks. Doctor's orders."

"Screw the doctor." She kissed him again. "And you can forget about pretty nurses, here me buster? You get male nurses or I get violent."

"Another violent female vampire? Spare me."

"You're such a wuss." She kissed him hard again, then pulled back an inch or so and stroked his face gently. "But you're my wuss."

That seemed a pretty possessive but a twinge from his leg drove it out of his mind. It must have shown on his face because Pam went from glowing to worried. "I'm okay, don't worry. But where is that clicker?" She passed it to him and he pressed the button. "It will probably knock me out so you don't have to stick around if you have things to do."

She smiled, "You can quit trying to get rid of me, I'm not going anywhere."

He squeezed her hand.

A couple of nights later she came in more reserved.

"Phil, my boss is here and he wants to talk to you. Well, not my boss really, it's more complicated than that."

"Oh? Well sure, bring him in."

She leaned close. "Honey, he's old even for a vampire. He's been around for centuries, no one is sure how long and he's not saying. So, don't be too... uh,"

"Myself?"

"I was going to say smart ass, but yeah."

"Relax, I've talked to mayors and governors in my time. I won't embarrass you."

Her boss was a handsome man, with olive skin, dark eyes and gray hair. Striking in appearance, but it was his presence that grabbed attention. There was something about him. Power was close but not really. An expectation that he would be heard and obeyed? Something like that. It was intimidating. Manetti hated it. His suit and shoes probably cost more than Manetti made in five years.

"Detective, how are you feeling?"

"Fine, thank you. Well, as well as I can under the circumstances."

"Good. If you need or want anything, simply ask. I have instructed the hospital to provide whatever is required. I'm told that repairs to your apartment have been completed. Some of your furniture and your television were damaged in the altercation. Replacements will be delivered tomorrow. I trust that is adequate?"

"No, that's spectacular. I appreciate the generosity."

"We owe you a good deal, Detective. Your handling of this situation and your discretion were more than we could have hoped for."

"Well, I had more than one personal stake in this."

"So I understand. My condolences on the loss of your partner. Did he have family, do you know?"

"His parents, I think. He wasn't married."

"I will see that they are given a large compensation for this. It is not enough, of course, but it is what we can do."

"I do appreciate that. He was close with his parents, the loss will be hard on them."

"Think nothing of it. Do you require anything else?"

"Well, I asked for a pretty nurse but Pam vetoed that."

He smiled and chuckled politely, then turned to Pam. "Ms. Gleason, would you excuse us for a few moments? I need to speak to the detective man to man. Perhaps you could get coffee?"

"All right," She gave Manetti a pleading look as she left, he nodded to her comfortingly.

"Obviously, I wish to speak to you about Pam. How much do you know about vampires, detective?"

"Not much, just what she's told me and what I've seen."

"Yes. Vampires are different from humans in many ways, but the most significant is in how they experience and react to emotions. And this is particularly true of young vampires, like Pam."

"Emotions are very powerful for us, in fact they can be overwhelming. And the emotions they feel for others almost never fade, so a feeling of powerful love will always be powerful. Now, I have known Pam for almost 10 years and you are the first man she has allowed herself to become close to. She is obviously deeply attracted to you, both emotionally and physically. If I might be blunt, have you had sex?"

"Well, to be honest, yes."

"I apologize, it is not my business but it is important you understand. She would never have allowed it to happen if she was not drawn to you physically. And she is obviously quite infatuated with you as a result. Now, an infatuation in a vampire could almost be like an obsession in a human. She may not even be aware of it, but she is only going to be happy when you are together. And when you are not together she will be thinking about you."

"Wow, I had no idea. That's a little... okay a lot intimidating."

"I can see how it would be, yes."

"What should I do?"

"Whatever you do, do not lie to her. Do not pretend to feel something that you do not truly feel. She will know and it will hurt her even more deeply. She is likely to be possessive and somewhat jealous of any other woman."

"Is that dangerous?"

"No, I would not think so. But she would be easily hurt, even by something that seemed minor to you. If, for example, one of the nurses here flirted with you in front of her, Pam might snap at her. However if you flirted with another woman, that would hurt her a great deal."

"So I should stop with the pretty nurses comments?"

"I would recommend it, yes."

Manetti nodded. "I appreciate the advice. I do like Pam, a lot. She's been here all night, every night since I was brought in. We've talked a lot and the more I get to know about her the more I've come to like her. Yes, I feel affection for her. Quite a bit."

"Good, I am glad. Pam is special to me. She has been unhappy since I met her, it is good to think that she might find some joy in her life."

"I'll do my best."

"I'm sure you will. I should go, thank you for your time, detective. And, again, thank you for dealing with this problem for us."

"You're welcome."

Pam came in as he left, and seemed a bit hesitant until Manetti held out his hand to her. She came across the room faster than he could see. Once second she was by the door, looking worried. The next she was by the bed, gripping his hand tightly and bending to kiss him.

Manetti considered making a joke about not wanting a pretty nurse after all. He considered telling her how he was feeling about her. He considered saying several things but decided against them all. As she pulled away he buried his free hand in her hair and pulled her down for another kiss. This one longer and much deeper. She gave a sigh of happiness before pulling away from him and smiling wickedly.

"Why Detective Manetti. Are you feeling frisky?"

"Probably friskier than I should be, but I don't care."

"Me either. But you better not kiss me like that too much or the whole hall will hear us."

He returned her wicked grin with one of his own. "Oh yeah? What will they hear?"

"Screaming. Grunting. More screaming. Moaning. The bed collapsing. And me cumming like a volcano."

"Well, that's tempting but maybe we should wait. I doubt your boss's generosity would stretch to replacing this bed."

"Spoilsport."

"I know."

"You like my ass, don't you."

"Of course, that's why my hand was on it."

"Good, put it back."

"Your ass?"

"No, dummy, your hand."

He held his hand out. "I don't understand. My hand is right here on my arm."

She gave a sigh of frustration. "Are you addled by pain killers? Put your hand back on my ass."

"We barely know each other. I don't do things like that on a first date."

"Bullshit, the first time we were alone you begged to touch my ass."

"No, the first time we were alone I pointed a gun at you."

"Freud would say your gun was an extension of your penis. Not that your penis needs to be extended. I mean, I can barely take the whole thing as it is. Phil! You're blushing! I made you blush like a schoolgirl."

"You did not, that was a flush of... sexual anticipation."

"Liar." She grabbed his wrist and put his hand on her ass. He grinned up at her and squeezed hard. She rolled her eyes outrageously and bent to kiss him, then ran her hand over his cheek. "You need a shave."

"I need a shower."

"ooh. Have you ever had a sponge bath, detective?"

"No, and I really doubt that would be a good idea. The whole hall would hear us."

"You being in the hospital is really interfering with the satisfaction of my carnal desires, you know?"

"What do all those big words mean?"

"It means, when you get out of here we're gonna fuck like animals."

His apartment had been more than repaired, it had been upgraded. All of the carpet was brand new, all of the appliances were new, all of his somewhat elderly furniture was gone and had been replaced by top of the line pieces. He had an enormous new flat-screen television and a new stereo system. Every room had been painted. It was all a lot more than he had expected.

Putting together lasagna while standing on a crutch had been a challenge. It was a good thing he started well before the sun went down. He had just slipped the pan into the refrigerator and closed the door when he saw Pam standing in the living room glaring at him. She was wearing a very tight, very short dress and was standing in a Superman pose, hands on hips.