Pony Tales - Clover - Day 32

Story Info
Day 32 of Clover's journey at Tall Tails!
1.9k words
4.69
2.2k
1

Part 38 of the 42 part series

Updated 09/04/2023
Created 07/15/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It had been a long time, since the incident and many rumors had popped up around Tall Tails. While many had been in attendance on the day Clover had gone off on Aria, the ones who had missed it secretly wished they hadn't. Chatter swirled around that Clover had said some genuinely terrible things, which was true. However others believed that Aria had said something to Clover that had set her off. It was a curious situation but one thing was for sure, just about every single person in the place was upset with Clover and it showed. She'd been put in Mare mode, one of the most restrictive types of bondage a pony could agree to. No sight. No hearing. No speaking. total isolation and as Clover had learned, very little movement or sleep in what was formally called the 'punishment' stall where a pony was strapped standing up.

She wasn't sure quite how long she'd remained in this state, early on she had not bothered counting meals, or how many times she'd been taken out of her stall to be groomed. Even though she was essentially in punishment mode, basic care still took priority. Even if it was slightly modified. She was kept blindfolded and gagged while her basic needs were met and she had no indication if it was the same groom or a different one. But the strokes of the stiff bristled brush used to scrub her down unceremoniously certainly seemed a bit more aggressive than usual, leaving her raw and exposed. Tall Tails was built around consent. She could safeword at any moment if it became too much. After that first day Clover had realized that it was clearly her own fault and that she should accept the consequences for her actions.

Her meals were...not pleasant. Gone were the delightful infused flavors of mash, replaced instead with what was referred to as 'slop'. Which was just a bottle of cold, fortified oats, which tasted more than a bit chalky with all the supplements that had been added. It was enough to keep a pony healthy, and fed. But that was about it. She imagined it was like eating wet chalk. Clover dutifully choked it down each time the meal was spooned into her mouth, her jaw was growing sore from the constant wearing of the ring gag and how any food enhanced the amount of drool that had dripped down her body, which at this point was...unfathomable to her.

But what did all this do for Clover? To Clover?

It certainly made her think. Over and over she'd played the entire scenario in her head. How she could have handled it better. How she could have showed kindness to the woman who'd given her a chance, offered her a place, a home. How had she let it all get to her head so much? From that first victory on the steeple field, to tearing up every skill thrown at her until she hit the Dressage 'wall', halting her progress. Had she always been this arrogant?

~What purpose...does it serve?~

She wondered to herself as she sipped on water being dribbled into her mouth by a groom.

Was she really any better? She wanted to be THE very best, like no pony ever was.

Clover slumped a little bit in the straps holding her upright as her thoughts wandered. She wasn't sure how long this punishment was going to last, or if she was even going to be allowed to remain after she was released. If it was her, she'd have sent her packing.

~Old and Past it...~

Clover winced as the words echoed in her head. Had she really said that? The same pony who'd prodded at everyone's hearts since the day she arrived? It was a harsh reality to stare into and she wasn't sure how she was going to handle it moving forward. How many times could she apologize for the same thing and expect different results? Based on the fact that she'd not had a single visitor since her 'incarceration', told her that she'd really screwed up.

It was as she fell into slight despair. That she hung in her stall sniffling that Christoph was making his rounds, repairing stalls, checking hooves and just generally being himself. He'd not been in attendance the day of Clover's blow-up and had been one of the few people who was on Clover's side per-se, arguing that every one of them had made mistakes, had said something they regretted and that if anyone deserved a second chance, it was Clover. He refused to believe that the sweet mare who'd been cheeky but soft when she arrived, was this demon pony looking to scorch the earth of anyone who got too close to her.

It was also the reason he stopped in front of Clover's stall today, noting the small stream of tears leaking from behind the thick leather blindfold and sighing. He looked around for a moment to see if anyone was around and then walked up to Clover's stall. His large spade-sized hands searched around Clover's head, finding the clips holding both her blindfold and ring gag in place and deftly undoing them. Clover let out a cry of surprise as her eyes were suddenly flooded with light and her jaw was allowed to relax. It took her a few moments for her eyes to adjust before they settle on the face of Christoph, leaning on the door of the standing-room-only stall.

"Welcome back to the world of light, Clover." He said plainly.

Clover blinked a few times and while she'd been ungagged she didn't respond, turning her gaze to the side to hide the moisture on her cheeks.

Christoph's soft hand forced her gaze back as a rag that smell of hoof oil wiped the tears from her cheeks, "That's good proof." He said cryptically.

Clover tilted her head slightly.

"Ponies who intend to hurt others and don't regret their actions, wouldn't be crying over it."

Clover slumped visibly and nodded, giving a half hearted tap of her hoof on the hard ground.

"You know. Sometimes we, as humans. Not creatures. Not Dominants, not Submissives. Make mistakes we never intend to make. Say things that we didn't mean to in the heat of the moment." He reached out, pressing a finger to Clover's chin and pushing her chin up, "Am I right for believing that you fall under this category? Or are you the demon pony some are making you out to be?"

Clover chewed her lip quietly and didn't respond.

"Still obedient at least. You may speak, Mare."

"Your belief is correct." She said flatly in a very hoarse voice.

Christoph nodded, "Good. It would have been a shame if my reputation for guessing at a ponies personality had been wrong for once. Not sure I could live with that embarassment..." He chuckled, noting that Clover didn't chuckle as well.

"Don't get too lost in that despair. I still expect great things from you."

"What am I supposed to do?" She asked shakily, weakly.

"Own your mistake and do your very best to correct it and remind people why you belong here and why so many of us were sad to see you leave after your trial period. You've set yourself a slightly difficult road to walk, but I think it's salvageable. You just need to align that brain of yours with your heart instead of the other way around and acting like an arrogant mule instead of a stunning, talented mare. Make sense?"

Clover sniffed and nodded quietly.

"Do...Do you think she'll ever forgive me or talk to me again?" Clover asked a little shakily.

"Aria?"

Clover nodded.

Christoph looked down at the placard on Clover's temporary stall bearing her name as well as the name of the groom responsible for her care. He stifled a slight smile while looking at the name Aria written beside the 'Primary Handler' section of the placard. The person who'd been taking care of Clover's every need since she'd gone into her bondage. Christoph was quick to raise his gaze back to Clover as he nodded, "Yes. I do believe that is possible. She is not the type to hold a grudge. She does however do a good job at not showin' her damn feelin's."

Clover slumped a bit into the straps holding her upright and sighing, "Alright."

Christoph reached out, Flicking Clover's nose gently, "Chin up Pony. I still believe in ya. Now open that cute mouth back up so we can seal y'back up. Wouldn't want anyone t'think yeh'd been released from yer bondage."

Clover nodded and eased open her mouth. Christoph was quick in his work, pushing the ring back behind Clover's teeth, but not without pressing a sour apple candy onto her tongue and giving her cheek a soft pat, which with his hands was the entire side of her head. After that he fitted the blindfold back into it's place as well, "Just let that candy melt under yer tongue, don't need yeh chokin' on us. Just sit n' think...what's th'reason y'came here in the first place?" Clover nodded gently just enjoying the flavor melting on her tongue for now. Christoph's talk having helped a little bit with how she felt.

She knew she'd gotten out of hand pretty quickly and still wanted to be the best she could be but as she mulled over Christoph's words.

What WAS the reason she'd first come here?

To engage in Ponyplay, to explore her submission. She'd never come here wanting to be the best, to outdo everypony and challenge she came across. That had never been her intention. She'd lost sight of what she truly loved about Ponyplay. Not that it presented dynamic challenge, and skills. But that it was primarily a headspace kink. A way to sink into a truly blissful and submissive headspace, to lose yourself to another persona. No concerns besides what a trainer asks of you. Somewhere in the last little while those lines had become blurred. Every time she'd excelled, she'd wanted more. To do better. Had forgotten that base reason for existing here, the reason Aria had chosen to give her a unique trial and a chance.

It may be hard to make up for what she'd done. But she would have to find a way. But she also wanted to be the best pony she could be. She would have to find balance between the two, maybe take Eden's suggestion and for once in her life, think less and just do.

She could win an award for over thinking at the best of times. She let out a long resigned sigh, the candy long since melted on her tongue but the lingering taste of sour apple remaining. She let herself sink into her own thoughts as she considered the path ahead of her.

She had to do better.

She had to be better.

Because if she didn't, then what was the point of her even being here? She'd said some truly horrid things to Aria and had made an ass of herself in front of the entirety of the barn. That was going to be hard to live down and hard to move past. Would everyone treat her differently now because of it? Or would she be allowed to move forward and do better? These thoughts lingered, only being chased away as the sound of her stall opening found her ears and the straps about her form were slowly unbuckled.

It would seem her silent groom had come to tend to her for the day while back up at the house, a different conversation was being had.