All Comments on 'Prank Consequences'

by Skippy47

Sort by:
  • 68 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Melissa was pure as thr driven snow herself. Wives, like their husbands, should not be flirting with anyone. Style points were loss for writing. Primarily structure and composition things. I have seen worse, my own writing style seems to keep peeking out from under a rock!

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 1 year ago

Very good. This good have gone a few ways. In once case Herb could have become so depressed that he died that night (intentionally or died by accident) - I wonder what would have happened in that case - Chris' stance "it was just a Joke" would have led to someone's death and the end of a marriage. I still think Chris got off easy. He should have been made a pariah, and unfriended by all the neighbors - to the point that he'd move. Chris' reputation should have taken a big hit, and his wife should have had him sleeping in a guest room or a couch for several months. For a comparison - I believe it was Agena's The Joke where another practical joke went out of hand and caused a divorce and destroyed some friendships. Some people can take a joke, and others can't. If you don't know which group the person is in, don't do the joke! Also - avoid any jokes that attack a marriage! I'd would have loved to see Chris show up at a future party and be told to leave (preferably the home owner has a weapon - baseball bat, axe, shotgun...). Maybe his wife will get tired of his jokes and divorce him for being an insensitive cad.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

The Prankster got off easy!

5

OPrimeOPrimeover 1 year ago

Oh, come on. Through all this she was a shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Two stories in one day! Husband screwed up in this one and deserved the divorce. He should have taken his medicine and moved on with his life somewhere else. They seemed ill-suited for one another. His temper would have made living with him to unpredictable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Doesnt make sense to live like exclusive friends with benefits. Will she shop around? If not why not remarry? Shows lack of trust and not forgiveness.

carindenniscarindennisover 1 year ago

Congratulations! In the same day I have given an author a five star and a one star rating.

Just wow.

amygdalaamygdalaover 1 year ago

Yep certain things you shouldn’t joke about.

BigfundrewBigfundrewover 1 year ago

This had potential....but sort of fizzled

RePhilRePhilover 1 year ago

Really fun! Thanks

SunnyU2SunnyU2over 1 year ago

You write some good prank stories, but this was not one of your best.

Even though I felt for the wife, I really enjoyed, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Stupid story. What a waste.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Started good….middle got stale…ending was crap. Just didn’t work.

.

2 **

kirei8kirei8over 1 year ago

Terrible story. The " flirting " was only casually mentioned. It appeared to be something she did regularly. To me it was an integral part of Herb's decision and should have been brought up more. She says he acted impulsively but she came back with hellfire and told him to DIE. Him wimping out at the end made this your absolutely worst story ever. Give permission to anyone who wants to rewrite or continue it. Maybe, just maybe, they can make it acceptable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

😭😭😭😭 what bullshit is this? Who would think this joke was funny? It reminds me of those stupid videos I see on Facebook of people pranking their mates by pretending they fucking someone in the bed. I never found those funny.. I'm trying to figure out what grown adult would think ruining someone's relationship would be a hoot? Also, what type of spouse hears some shit like that and runs to "get even" without even speaking to their spouse? Nobody I'd want to be married to. Shit is not cute when a woman does it, even less cute when a man does it.

KarnevilKarnevilover 1 year ago

Nicely written, and I can appreciate the humour in the plot, sadly not the stupid actions by the two male idiots. I quite enjoyed the story but I'm left with the thought that Melissa and Chris's wife would both be better off far away from these two assholes.

Buster2UBuster2Uover 1 year ago

A fun story, with Good writing, Great Idea. 5 stars to the writer. I have been a lot like Herb, quick to make a poor decision.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

That was so sad it was almost funny. Never jump to conclusions comes to mind, never go off the deep end, never act on the spur of the moment, never assume. There are lots of 'nevers' and this story certainly pointed that out. For every action and every decision there are consequences. Good story for a quickie. The problem is there are too many stories like this that are happening in real life, there is a whole lot of cheating going on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Chris suffered some legal penalties but he is due FAR more.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 1 year ago

Herb needs anger management. Serious counselling. He never took responsibility for his actions, instead blaming Chris.

He wasn’t hurt that she cheated, he was furious, so much so that he was going to hurt or kill her if he didn’t leave. There is no way in hell she should get back with him.

What happens next time he believes she’s cheating and no one is there to admit to lying?

Chris is a jerk; but Herb’s reaction is the problem.

JH4FunJH4Funover 1 year ago
Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Just another great story.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He decided to go looking for her. Melissa was surrounded by a group of men. She was standing close to Jerry, our newest neighbor. There was a lot of joking and laughing and touching being exchanged among all of them, but Jerry especially. Herb knew she would call what she was doing as innocent flirting. Herb called it foreplay.

Why didn't Herb mention this to Melissa? This is the type of behavior a woman presents when looking for some attention on the side. So I feel Herb may have acted a little harshly but he had some grounds for his doubt of a closed marriage

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Although not a favorite subject, it was well written. Pranks are spiteful and meant to cause harm and discomfort they also have ramifications and cause spite. Not a good thing to do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really?!? It’s all his fault even though she was flirting with a group of men?

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You're writing has got progressively worse, which is a shame.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

That is an awful lot of over reaction and crow eating by the husband and the wife.

Chris is an ass, but the world is full of them. Somethings you just don't kid, joke around and prank about. Fidelity between spouses is one of them.

Three stars.

t8ntliklyt8ntliklyover 1 year ago

Not even close to your usual standards Skippy 🦴🦴

SPARTAN047SPARTAN047over 1 year ago

:D :P The last line though!

FredHuckFredHuckover 1 year ago

Slanted way too much to the wife when they made-up...

You made him look like the biggest wimp alive... It's not like she didn't regularly do things to make him doubt her... She should have addressed the things she did that made him suspicious and they both acknowledge they were both wrong.

2🌟s

Fred

Frank66Frank66over 1 year ago

Better than the other story this writer had this day. Maybe he sobered up.......

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hhmmmpf, food for thought. LP

BSreaderBSreaderover 1 year ago
Its not

A prank when it is this serious no one should do this.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 1 year ago

Good idea and pretty funny. However, it was written with the finesse of a sledgehammer in the hands of a diamond cutter. 3/5.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 1 year ago

Why would she stay married to this idiot?

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

Not a highlight in your writing career. I’ll take it with a grain of salt though.

Scores 3/5. I know you can do better than this, l’ve read them.

3/5

iammweaseliammweaselover 1 year ago

Been done before and far better. These stories end up being rather dumb as the writers just change a couple things from the other stories and post it.

None of these are any good, and this is NOT the exception to the rule.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 1 year ago

Overblowing miscommunication to an absurd level is a typical tripe on LW but to make a whole story out of it without any plot to speak off is a sign of poor authoring skills.

timrivtimrivover 1 year ago

Herb should have moved on after the divorce as it was obvious Mel was to far gone in her feelings for him and he would have to grovel the rest of his life.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

So cute my teeth ache.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 1 year ago

This is easily the stupid ass fucking story of all time. AUTHOR… were you drunk or stoned when you wrote this so called story.?

.

How and why would the wife think that her husband in his state of Rage or go off end fuck a whore? based on what line of reasoning? HOW would she even think that MIGHT happen based upon what the facts on the story?

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 1 year ago

.JH4Fun sword wielder and Boyd percy..

5 STARS? really? ... guys come on

rn2711rn2711over 1 year ago

I read many stories here where the wife is overreacting and the husband divorces her. It's interesting to see the reaction and comments when it's the other way around. It's a bold move by the author to throw it in our faces. Talk about double standards.

miket0422miket0422over 1 year ago

It might be a bit extreme but, this story illustrates to a T why it's a pet peeve of mine when the husband just walks away without confronting and talking to his wife regardless of how badly he thinks she has behaved.

Burner70Burner70over 1 year ago

You must have phoned this one in. . Felt flat

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Isn’t a misunderstanding the premise of every stupid sitcom on TV? Sorry….one star.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yuch

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Lol yes dear

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

""Keep your word asshole. Die."

Why would you ever want to get back together with someone who rather you die then get back together. Plus since she's thinks its appropriate behavior to flirt with men all the times who needs the hassle and drama. Pretty much end of story right there. Time to move the fuck on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Stay mad, everybody! 5 Stars for the comments alone.

The story is a bit ridiculous for me, but it's a good deconstruction of the average BTB MC... Or the average BTB reader, lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

To Skippy47. I have read all 141 stories of yours. I like most of them.

26thNC26thNCover 1 year ago

Not a bad story. I enjoyed it *5 worth.

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
Crap

Load of crap.As for Herb,the divorce is the best thing that could happen to him.There is no was he should go back to that nasty piece of work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

At least this was different from the uninteresting shit that has been on here for a while now

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

interesting...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So, no one, including the MC, ever even suggested that she shouldn’t have been flirting for years, and that her behavior contributed to his reaction?!?

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Based on the nature of Chris' "joke," the wife's flirtatious behavior was obviously well known to the couple's friends. She did not have the clean hands required for her level of indignation about the blow job. Herb should have told her to go fuck herself.

KiwihunterKiwihunterover 1 year ago

What is the obsession with marriage? Intelligent people don't get married if you want a monogamous relationship just live together. Marriage is a ripoff used by lawyers to take money out of your pocket and put it in theirs. That's why they initiate affairs just so they can ripoff the couples involved and get a bit of spare.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

HOORAY!!! THE BTB ASSHOLES GOT BURNED AGAIN!!!

kirei8kirei8about 1 year ago

Her flirting for years helped cause his feelings of inadequacy. After rejecting his heartfelt email so callously, his anger would have returned, Chris would have been beaten to a pulp, and he would have told the bitch to have a good life.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Well not only was that a divorce, but it stuck. NEVER go back to the bitch again. He was right in letting her go.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Great job. 5 stars

My thoughts though on the characters are so undecided. On the one hand if it were me and my wife went to get a revenge fuck without even asking me I'd 100% divorce that bitch, so I agreed with Melissa.

On the other hand seeing my wife 'innocently flirting' with other men would be a non-starter. A woman who loves her man wouldn't crave attention from other men. So after hearing what Chris told him, and seeing the way she flirts; was his revenge response justified?

Did she go too far with her rage divorce considering it was just a BJ? Would a man be enraged if his wife got a revenge eating?

So many questions.

The world may never know

demanderdemander6 months ago

He was such a jerk. D

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Husband is a complete moron if he takes the word of a friend - a known prankster - without even so much as talking to his wife. Of course that's in line with the trope so at least the story sticks to the old script. And his immediate reaction after that is to go get blown by a hooker. Come on really?

Melissa reacts in an insane way as well. Anger issues as is typical with the aggrieved party in these stories. Lets the divorce ride but wants to reconcile. So also not the smartest tool in the shed either. Man what a couple of idiots this pair makes. They're made for each other.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

They never addressed her flirting. He made it sound like out of the blue he took off for revenge. Her flirting as she did all the time lead him to believe the story.

OlefishermanOlefishermanabout 1 month ago

Why was she flirting? Was she looking to fuck around? The neighborhood just fanned the spark, where there is smoke ther is fire. She was sending out smoke signals and her husband was informed that they had burst into flames. He over reacted. Maybe, he acted prematurely.

Hey, it just a story and not a very good one.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbosabout 1 month ago

It was actually kind of cute. They both have obvious anger issues.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous