Preacher in Her Garden

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was one thing to secretly desire your church secretary, but quite another to try and openly fend off that same incredibly gorgeous and voluptuous woman, suddenly intent on demanding tight embraces and prolonged kisses from her trembling pastor. What next he again wondered?! It was all happening too fast, and with seemingly no brakes in sight to stop or even slow his descent into the morass of an inadvisably fast developing relationship. He had foolishly not given himself any time to think things through. As a result, she had made it no secret to him in casual conversation that she was still somewhat inexperienced with men, which made her gloriously oversexed body both loved starved and sex starved. And she was now making it even less of a secret to him that she seemed to be falling head over heels for both he and his darling twin daughters.

Cars were quickly arriving and parking on the perimeter of Lynn's stunning, world class garden, with scurrying onlookers bearing world class cameras and wielding "ooohhs" and "aaahhs" that told Lynn her spectacular flowers were making quite a stir. The annual county floral contest was big news not only in neighboring Houston, but in further away cities such as Dallas as well. Once a year the entire state of Texas was treated to amazing floral displays from the numerous small towns that religiously and enthusiastically participated. Over fifty local Texas newspapers as well the three biggest dailies in the state, all carried pictures of the five finalists gardens.

This was only Lynn's first year, yet pictures and the fame of her eye popping floral oasis had been featured in such publications as "Home and Garden" and "Peoples Magazine."

The preliminary judging had already taken place two weeks prior, with forty-five of the fifty entrants having already been eliminated. Lynn's garden had easily survived that earlier scrutiny and now was only one of the remaining five. Tradition held, that on the final judging day, hundreds of well wishers would flock out early to any one of the five chosen sites in anticipation of the three man judging crew and army of camera toting reporters that invariably followed.

Lynn's scheduled appointment with the judges was to be at four, and as if on cue, the white Honda van with the telltale judges large, boldly painted insignia, pulled up at exactly three fifty-nine.

Steve stood supportively by Lynn's side, but resisted the urge to place a comforting hand on her shoulder for moral support. Enough publicity over their suspected romantic friendship was already the talk of the town. Steve didn't want reporters from across the state to pick up and expand on the frenzied local gossip as well.

There were easily over two hundred well wishes lining the garden's perimeter with straggling latecomers being waved back by the judges assistants, who didn't want the panel of three floral experts to be unduly distracted by last minute jostling for a good viewing spot.

Whatever was going to be, was going to be, and Lynn suddenly felt that her intense and unbearable anguish over the judging could only be diminished if she were to abstain from watching the facial expressions of the judges as they carefully examined each and every flower.

"I can't watch," sighed Lynn, stepping away to beyond the sidelines where she might await her garden's fate in a less stressful seclusion.

"I'll not watch it with you, then," whispered Steve, following her to a vantage point where she could no longer spot the judges, nor be spotted by the gawking crowds.

"It's quite a stir your garden is causing," offered a strange voice, almost making Lynn jump.

"Ohhh gosh. You scared me. Who might you be?"

"Delroy Moxley, reporter for the Forest Grove Chronicle. Rumor has it you will actually win in a number of categories this year, even though it's your first time."

"Nice of you to offer such faith and encouragement in my work. Although if the truth be known, God himself deserves much of the praise. Normally a garden of this caliber would take twenty years to perfect. God perfected mine in just six years. I honestly believe that it probably took God more effort to build such a spectacular floral display than it did to part the Red Sea."

"Can I quote you on that," asked Delroy?

"You can quote me on anything you like," Lynn assured him.

"And what about your plans for the future?"

"Well, I'm also a church secretary. And this here is my pastor, Steve Harkins."

"Ahhh, yes, the new pastor. A pleasure to finally meet you sir. Is there any truth to the rumors around Forest Grove that you two are romantically linked? May I tell your readers that wedding bells are to be heard in the near future?"

"No you may not tell them that," spoke up Steve, somewhat indignant.

"Fair enough," sighed Delroy. "I'll assume that topic is off limits then. Well, what about future projects in your church? As the new pastor, what are your plans?"

"Well, now that you mention it, we are looking to expand the congregation from the present fifty to well over two hundred. And as Lynn here so aptly pointed out, such projects always require God's divine intervention and assistance."

"And it doesn't hurt to give away some TV's either does it?"

"Oh so you heard about that did you? Well that was Lynn's idea."

"I see. Well then, Lynn, as church secretary, can I tell my readers you are planning any more TV giveaways? And are there any other special projects you are hoping to accomplish?"

"I think we are going to give the TV giveaway idea a little rest for a while. On the other hand, I am hoping to launch my Miracle Prayer Club soon."

Lynn could almost feel the bristles on Steve's neck suddenly stand up.

She immediately decided that if not pressed, she would not talk about it further.

Delroy, however, was in the mood for pressing.

"Miracle Prayer Club? Hmmm...that sounds fascinating. What is that about?"

"People from around the country and even the world could log into a website and post their prayer requests online. Some requests would be to heal sickness, or to fix marriages, or to help with finances while others might seek prayer to help them find employment in these tough times. A group of ministers or laity would then see the requests and send up prayer. Another part of the site would be reserved for those who had indeed received their healing, financial deliverance or miracle and wanted to post their testimony of victory."

"Wow, that sounds so very inspiring and amazing. I am sure that is something my readers would love to hear about. And you pastor, concerning Lynn's new prayer club. When do you envision getting it up and running?"

The question caught Steve off guard, swirling around in his frustrated brain until a spark of anger suddenly got the better of him.

"We won't be having a Miracle Prayer Club at our church, any time soon, I'm afraid. I would like us to focus on building up the church locally. As I said, I feel we can increase the congregation from fifty to two hundred and maybe even much higher. This is where we would like to maintain our focus."

The words had just sort of tumbled out of Steve's mouth, despite his best efforts to keep them locked up within. By the time he had calmed down enough to press his lips together, he had caught the shocked and dumbfounded face of Lynn starting to anger wildly.

"Besides," interjected Lynn, her voice trembling and a tear starting to formulate in the corner of her eye. "I have just decided I won't be a part of Mr. Harkins church anymore anyways."

With that Lynn turned and marched off towards the front door of her house, suddenly oblivious to the hundreds gathered on her property to admire God's floral handi-work. She had been suppressing her anguish over Steve's stubborn stance against her prayer club and now that anguish had spilled over to activate a frustration that could neither be controlled or assayed.

God had put it in her heart and mind to start the prayer club and had fulfilled showing her the first sign by raising up the spectacular garden. But Steve, the man she now loved, was supposed to be the fulfillment of God's second sign, finding her a husband. Instead, the only thing Lynn could now be sure of was the giant salty tear rolling down her cheek.

She hurried towards the door with a more brisker step, hopeful she could reach that door before a flood of unrestricted tears could catch up with the first one now dropping to the dry ground. She was desperate to avoid the humiliation of so many onlookers seeing her wallow in fit of blubbering. So she felt relieved to just barely make it inside the front door when the onslaught of crying in earnest began.

Steve, having regretted his words, had jogged to catch up and was mere steps behind her. He tried to open the door but she had already angrily locked it, not wanting to hear his explanation.

He darted around the side of the house and slipped in through the back door, where he caught a glimpse of her racing up the stairs. He followed and caught up with her as she slumped onto a love seat in her bedroom.

"Lynn, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you. I didn't mean to say I never wanted to start your prayer club. I just meant to say that now was not the right time, what with us wanting to build up the membership and all."

She was sobbing uncontrollably now, but did manage to raise her tearful face long enough to let him know exactly how she felt.

"You still don't get it, do you? It's about you and I. It's about falling in love. It's about fulfilling a promise I made to God. It's about you supposedly helping me fulfill that promise. It's...it's...ohhh what's the use...you...you men are all the same...so...so immature...like babies...you have to have your way no matter the cost...it's...it's not my prayer club, you idiot. It's Gods prayer club! I'm helping you with your vision but you are blocking me from mine! I'm working day and night to help you accomplish your dream and you...and you...and you are just working day and night to keep my dream dead. I...I thought you loved me...I...thought we were meant for each other. I thought...I thought a lot of things...and...and...and I never should have let my guard down...never should have let my heart...why did you have to kiss me?!"

"I never wanted to do that, if you'll remember," offered Steve lamely, wondering if his poorly chosen words would just add more fuel to the fire. But try as he might, he couldn't stop his foot from jumping in his mouth. "That was your idea. I wasn't for-"

"So now the truth comes out. You never wanted to kiss me. You never wanted me to fall in love with you. Are you saying now I mean nothing to you? Are you saying I am only important to you as a church secretary? You were only using me, is that it? To get church membership up? Playing with my feelings so I would help you?"

"It's not like that and you know it?"

"Not like that?! Not like that?! You get me to wear my heart on my sleeve and now you tell me it's not like that?! You tell me you never wanted to kiss me. So why did you? Were you just stringing me along, pretending you had feelings for me?"

The cackle of approaching thunder suddenly jolted her back into thinking about the judging going on outside. How could it be possible that rain might actually fall? The sun had been brilliant, without a cloud in the sky.

"I don't want to talk about it any more Steve. I'm resigning as church secretary, and not getting involved in any more church work. You know how much the prayer club meant to me, and how I'm sure it is God's perfect will to start if up, and you have deliberately put it down and dismissed it at every opportunity. As far as I'm concerned you have only been using me and-"

"How can you say that after all-"

"Don't interrupt me. I want to finish and then I want you to leave. I'm going to deal with the judges and then I am going to have a good cry."

"You're making too much of this. You're-"

"I'm making too much of this? Am I really? You still haven't said you love me. You still haven't said what your intentions are towards me. All you want to talk about is church expansion and how much damage it might do to your reputation to be seen kissing me. You don't want to talk about my prayer club and you don't want to talk about my feelings for you or you're feelings for me. Well go and expand. Only do it without me. I am looking for a real man. A man that knows what he wants and reaches to take it. You don't want me Steve. And even if you did, it would only be a matter of convenience. It would only be...just leave Steve...just leave. Go away!"

"Is that what you want?"

"Is that what I want? Don't you know what I want Steve? Don't you know what every woman wants? Ohhh, you men...you men are all alike...pretending to be stupid. Well maybe that's because you are all so very stupid. What I want? What I want?! You act as if you don't know. I want the man who made me fall in love with him to take me in his arms. I want the man who made me fall in love with him to tell me he loves me now and will love me forever. I want commitment. I want a man who will commit to being mine on bended knee. I want a man who will be my knight in shining armor. I want a man who will help me realize my dreams, not stop them. I want a man who will demand to know what is important to me and then make sure those important things become a part of my life. You act as though we will never have a future together, as though there exists no feelings between us. You act as though my dreams are unimportant. So...so...just go. Can you do that please? Just go! Just leave me alone!"

The cackle of approaching thunder summoned her thoughts a second time and she brushed back the bevy of pent up tears now each awaiting their turn to roll down her cheek. But there was no time for crying, not just yet. There was a floral contest judging in the works, and she, as the gardener, was supposed to be in attendance.

She went to step passed him but he grabbed her arm, spun her around and held her close.

"I've been without a woman for so very long," he said almost panting. "You can't imagine what it's like as a pastor, having every aspect of your life scrutinized by the congregation and the community. Every one judges you! Everyone expects you to be perfect! Everyone expects you to hear their tale of woe and to help them, and to comfort them. Everyone expects you to just come at the drop of a hat and to listen attentively all day long to their problems. Then they expect you to solve their problems. So, yeah, Lynn, maybe I am a little insensitive in what I say to you and how I say it. But a man in my position, I have to be so careful. One wrong move and I can destroy the work of God I was so eager to build up. You ask me if I love you? How could I not love a caring, witty, charming, and undeniably beautiful woman like you? And you are, after all, a woman that cares so deeply for God's work. You would make a perfect pastor's wife in so many ways. But it's only been two weeks since we met. Some date or get to know each other for many months, even years before getting married or even engaged. But yet here we are, all confused and emotional because our hearts are taking us to a place we can't control or be in charge of. Everyone thinks we make such a great team, and that we are so perfect together and yes, try to deny it all you want, but it was your desire to resurrect that missing kiss, and then to duplicate it. Only I'm not a toy, Lynn. You are simply the most beautiful and sexiest woman I have ever met. I have a hard time keeping control when I'm around you, and yet, as a pastor, as a man of God, I am supposed to be in control of my emotions. Only you make me crazy. So go ahead and resign as church secretary if you want to, but know this, you make me lose control! You make this preacher standing before you so very hot and bothered, that the next time you kiss me, I might not be able to stop myself from going further than a kiss, much further. Is that what you want Lynn? For me to lose control? Cause if that's what you want, then simply take me in your arms again, and you'll have a hot blooded, love making, sex crazed man of the cloth taking you up in his arms. And as for commitment? You've always had that, from the first time my eyes and the eyes of my daughters saw you. Am I confused? Darn right I am. Am I worried about perhaps going too far with a woman I only met two weeks ago? Absolutely. But I tell you what, from here on in, I'm leaving the ball in your court Lynn. I'll let you lead me wherever you'd like to go in this relationship. From now on, you take the lead and I'll follow. So be careful what you wish for, and be careful what you pray for, because you're bound to get exactly what you asked for. Only be certain it's really what you want, cause once you get me to cross that line with you, there will be no going back. I got more to say, but there's an army of reporters out there standing in your garden, the garden you made vows to God in not so long ago. Is that why I'm here, Lynn? Because of vows you made to God? I'm finished talking, but just remember this. If you're ready for me, I'm ready for you, only make sure you're ready to take any relationship with me all the way, or else back off."

He let go of her arm, turned on his heels, and stormed off down the stairs.

She followed him in a daze, stepping back outside and walked towards the judges, amazed that the sky had suddenly blackened and was threatening to soak all those foolish enough to languish in her garden below. But her garden was more than spectacular, it was heavenly, and seemed to have all who looked on, irrevocably entranced. His words rattled around in her brain like a pinball in a machine. She made him hot and bothered! She made him crazy! He was thoroughly committed to her if that's what she wanted! But most important of all, he had laid down the gauntlet. If she was intending to take their relationship all the way, then all she had to do was kiss him once more, then languish in his suddenly unholy arms and watch the sexual fireworks unfold. She sighed at the thought. It was all so exciting, yet dangerous! Enticing yet fraught with pitfalls! Romantically heart stopping, yet not something either of them could walk away from should they become entrapped in each other's vulnerable arms once more.

Lynn walked under the clouds until she stood by proudly as the judges, just finished their hurried deliberations, read the list of categories in which Lynn had won first place. The list included 'best new garden,' 'best single bloom,' 'best color co-ordination,' 'best decorative display,' and 'best assortment.'

Being number one in five of the seven categories was more than Lynn had ever imagined and the flashes from cameras representing over ten Texas papers, kept on flickering despite the ominous, rolling black clouds, which seemed to have appeared out of nowhere.

A third cackle, far more severe than the first two, finally jolted onlookers and judges into reluctantly strolling towards their cars. Lynn was glad that the exodus was finally taking place, finding it hard to hold back the anticipated stream of tears that were desperate to display the same emotion now evident in her quivering bottom lip. She herself was confused and awash with volatile emotions. Was that indeed a sign that she was in love, or merely infatuated with the new man of the cloth? She scrutinized the thought then came to the conclusion it was definitely love.

That being the case, in her mind, God had submitted her into the hands of some cruel and sickening hoax. He had put a love for the new preacher deep in her heart but now, thanks to her pushy ultimatums and frantic outbursts, she was going to have to be all in or all out where Steve was concerned. She had demanded he commit to her after only two short weeks, and he had responded by daring her to cross that kiss free zone just one more time. Their once promising relationship, which seemed to be once so sadly mired in confusion, was now mired with absolute, shocking clarity. If she came on to him again, it would be no holds barred lovemaking coming from his end. Surely that's what his words had meant? Even a child could have surmised that much from his impromptu speech? She glimpsed at Steve out of the corner of her eyes as she thanked the departing judges. To her, he was so much more than just a preacher in her garden, he was, according to his own mouth, a man who she could call her own, and certainly a man that seemed to want to live happily ever after, and even carry her off into the sunset. But she had pushed the envelope, and now he had ultimatums of his own, which were to back off, or watch him explode with unfettered passion and desire.

1...456789