All Comments on 'Pride, Prejudice and Passion'

by ChicLit1

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
submisive_slut_wifesubmisive_slut_wifeover 15 years ago
wonderfull

one of my favorte books

im sure you can think of more please,

shellyskisshellyskisover 15 years ago
her father?

i was with you until Mr. Bennett showed up. and isn't Jane the eldest daughter?

AceStrokerAceStrokerover 15 years ago
The Classics

It would be interesting to see how the great authors of that period would write their stories if they wrote them today on Literotica. I can only think what Dickens could have done with Master Bates in Oliver Twist! This is a fun concept you've struck upon.

cait1703cait1703over 15 years ago
Not so original?

I was disappointed to realise that this was not so much an original piece as a combination of extracts from two published pieces of work.

The use of paragraphs from Austen can be excused as setting the starting point for the scene, but to then use extracts from the classic 'Man with a Maid' (admittedly volume 3) and pass it as your own work is positively dishonest.

Given that the subject matter was one I would have loved to see written well, I can only reiterate my disappointment.

ChicLit1ChicLit1over 15 years agoAuthor
Reply

Dear Cait1703

Thank you for your forthright comments. You are absolutely correct, the sex scenes are heavily plagiarised from A Man With a Maid Volume III by 'Anonymous', a Victorian classic and superb piece of ribald writing that I assumed many people would have read. It was certainly not my intention to pass off the descriptions as my own. My mistake was not to acknowledge my source, but it was my first submission and I simply didn't know how (still don't). What I do humbly lay claim to is the idea of saucing up the classics and replacing the between-the-lines innuendo with explicit raunchiness. Jane Austen's work - for which I have great respect - is an excellent vehicle for this treatment. And A Man With a Maid, although written in a different time, was couched in fairly similar language, so it seemed a good marriage. As with most good ideas, someone has probably thought of it first, but at least I came to the idea independently. As for seeking accolades for a work that is knowingly stolen from someone else's writing... well, there's no satisfaction in that whatsoever.

Sincerely

ChicLit1

nightwatcherinenightwatcherinealmost 14 years ago
Awful!

I really really really despise you for sullying that great novel. Notwithstanding the atrocious plot, you're style of writing is just horrible. I seldomly encountered an author with less talent.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous