Princess of The Elves Ch. 03

Story Info
Things get complicated for Princess Sindri.
10.4k words
4.81
4.4k
8

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 01/28/2024
Created 07/06/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Note: All the characters in this story are over the age of eighteen. The elves even more so. It does not represent any real people or groups. It is a fantasy. There are literally elves in it. Any errors or omissions are my own fault. It does contain a magical transformation. Please look at the story tags, but you really should know what to expect from one of these. If you don't like those kinds of things, then you really should move on. Enjoy.

The other she-elves grew nervous when news of the other boats reached camp. Riley and I had returned from our private time, much to the giggles and delight of some of the women. No one really had any privacy on such a small island. You could try to be discreet, but when people get bored, they entertain themselves by seeing what everyone else is doing. As the new "princess", I was an object of curiosity, and was often watched or followed. It was one of those watchers that spotted the boats when Riley and I did and took off running to tell the others. I'd wanted to stop her, and say...

What would I have said? Don't worry, fellow elf girl. Those north men in those boats are my old friends. I'll just say 'Hello' to them and things will be fine. Not bloody likely.

Eventually, after much discussion and worry, the commotion roused Jericka, who'd been napping beneath her lean-to. Her hair was in complete disarray. I knew that I'd be helping her do it again. The red head straightened out her tunic and stretched. Her captain's jacket was hanging on the cross-pole of the lean-to.

"This noise had best be worth something," she said, still groggy.

The ladies had recently been trying to brew a new kind of alcohol from the resources at hand. This one was made from the flowering bulbs of a cactus that grew on one side of the island. Jericka had been more than willing to test it out. What we witnessed in her now was the messy aftermath.

"More humans are coming," said Imani. The dark-skinned she-elf was fully dressed and equipped for anything. Her bow was strung, and she had recently crafted a new spear. Its tip was made from volcanic glass taken from a cave on the island.

Imani said: "We can attack them as they're beaching. Let them struggle through the sand to get to us."

"Perhaps," said Jericka. "Our iron weapons are limited. The obsidian does well on flesh, but against armor? The north men also make steel, don't they?"

She looked at me.

I nodded.

Historically: my people had relied upon simple iron longer than most, but we did adapt the technology of our southern neighbors in time. Trade and a lust for battle guaranteed that we would evolve our methods of fighting eventually.

"Are those your people?" she asked me.

I nodded.

"How many fighters are there?"

"Well, I'm not sure who survived. We only had a small number of actual guardsmen though. Not many wanted such a job. I left more than half of them with the ambassador. He needed them more than I did.

"Listen," I offered. "It doesn't need to come to violence. Our people have recently dedicated ourselves to diplomacy over fighting. We can offer them food and water and let them go on their way."

"Any where will they go?"

"Somewhere else. These 'other' islands than your spoke of. My people are no strangers to the sea. Let them take their chances."

Jericka narrowed her eyes at me. "And you would let them leave without you? Just like that?"

"I can't go back," I said. "This...this is how I am now."

"We shall see."

"Is that the price you want?" I asked her. "I swear to stay with you and serve, and for that you'll let them go?"

Jericka arched a red eyebrow. "That would be interesting, but are you really in a position to bargain?"

"Jericka," said Riley, "Sindri has been doing well. She's helping us. She's one of us."

"That's good progress so far then." Jericka put her hand on my shoulder. She said: "I want to believe you. We can hope for a positive outcome."

"So, you won't attack them?" I asked. Trying to have some sort of hope that I could try my clumsy hand at diplomacy. I had to have absorbed something from all the boring meetings that I'd attended.

"Hope," said Jericka, and then she went to retrieve her weapons and ordered the others to do so as well.

I did as she asked.

They were waiting for us on the beach. They had turned the boats on their sides as a last line of defense if they needed it. The boats were in great shape compared to the disaster that I'd been in. Whereas my boat had lost most everything when it launched and later wrecked on a reef out from the island, these boats were filled with belongings and equipment. The men that were there had oak shields at the ready, and even managed to throw some armor on. Only two of them looked like actual soldiers, but the others were motivated by them and sometimes that was all that it took.

It also helped if someone was barking orders, and I recognized the voice before I even saw her. In private, Alma could speak like the softest and ripest peach, but in an instant the rock-hard tooth-shattering pit was there.

"Stay together," she yelled. "We're stronger together!"

Alma held up a shield along with a sailor next to her giving protection to a man with a bow and two with spears. My keen elf eyes also picked out Colin hiding behind the shields. I didn't know where he got the crossbow, but he was well-educated by the master-at-arms at my father's castle. The elf women were skilled and fast, but a crossbow could take a knight off his horse. Years before, the pope of the large southern religion had tried to outlaw crossbows because of how deadly they were. The people who wanted to win battles ignored him.

Jericka and the elf women might very well win the fight, but the cost...some would be dead or maimed and neither side would be closer to going home.

The two groups just stared at each other for a time. Everyone was watching--waiting. Were they hoping that it wouldn't come to violence? I desperately hoped so, but I also knew that some people in this world are just waiting for the opportunity to hurt others. These could be otherwise decent people the rest of the time, but if they encountered others who were aggressive to them then a beast would rise from deep within them. I'd felt it myself training with blunted swords in the yard with my brothers. I felt it as I stood still and let people put me down for years. My position on that day on the beach was a strange one considering my circumstances.

The two groups edged closer to each other. No one attacked. Jericka appeared to be keeping her word, I had no illusions about her changing her mind in a twinkling if she needed to do so. That woman and those that followed her had experienced some hard grimness of the world, and while they could be a happy folk, they never forgot that. On the other side was Alma, leading the survivors of our doomed mission. While she had been noble-born and raised, the women of Alma's stock had not enjoyed the perfumed luxuries of those in the south. At least historically. Ours could be a brutal culture despite its advances. Women were often the last defense of their house. I watched Alma from all those yards away. She had a shield in one hand and her favorite knife in the other. The other survivors hung on her every word.

It was Alma who was the first to try and communicate. She began projecting her voice--not simply shouting. This was something taught to nobles with the idea of them being the head of a household. It truly did work most of the time. Unfortunately for Alma, she chose to speak in our native language. I assumed this was done out of instinct. Maybe fear.

"What is she saying?" asked Imani. "Don't these people speak the Common tongue?"

"I only know a few words from the docks," said Riley. She looked at me.

I sighed and said, "The woman's name is 'Alma'. She is proclaiming herself to be 'Alma, daughter of Dolph. A Lady of The Red Tower. She is here on the authority of Wulfgar, The Blonde Bull, King of all the north."

My father had so many names and titles. "King of all the north" was definitely an exaggeration, but no one this far south would be able to dispute it. Most people had no interest in living in the north or learning of its intricacies.

"Tell her to speak in Common," said Jericka.

Southern Common, I thought.

Reluctantly, I told Alma to do so. My voice had changed, but somehow, I couldn't help but fear that Alma would be able to identify me. Alma's response was to repeat what she had said before but in the Common tongue.

"We don't know your king," said Jericka. "But we don't need to fight today. Lower your weapons and let us speak."

I prayed for Alma to listen, and we all waited there in uncertainty to see if we exchanged words or blood. Eventually, Alma's group relaxed. They lowered their weapons and shields. Alma stepped out from the group and presented herself. I admired the courage that such an action took. Some people would've easily used it as an opportunity to kill her. I stared at Jericka--hoping that she wouldn't do it.

"All right, ladies," said Jericka to the she-elves. "I get to negotiate with the north men now." She grabbed me by the collar of my tunic. "Come with me, princess. You're helping."

She dragged me away with her despite my objections. Those didn't matter to Jericka. She and I walked out in the open to meet Alma. Alma's brother Colin joined her.

Twice damned, I thought. They were going to recognize me.

I could tell from the look on Alma and Colin that they had been traveling for some time. The sun hadn't been as hard on their pale skin as it had on mine, but the hard traveling still showed.

"Why are north-men here?" asked Jericka.

"Our ship was lost in a storm,' said Alma. "A storm and pirates. You must know about the pirates."

Jericka wasn't impressed. "Not all who prowl the sea are kind. That is something important to know. We've encountered storms and pirates as well."

"Yet you come here prepared for battle?"

Jericka smirked. She had no time for Alma's insinuation of guilt. She said: "There are many places in this world that wish they had been so prepared for a visit from your people. Perhaps that would make you more well-behaved."

Alma took a breath. Trying hard not to let Jericka get to her.

"That's fair," she said. "Our people are known for sharing our culture. Sometimes that's a hard thing for lesser peoples."

Jericka laughed. "I like you. Is there anyone in higher station than you out here?"

Colin burst in. "Have you seen our prince?" he asked. "A tall, blonde man with bright blue eyes. Very fair to look upon."

"Sounds like a pretty man," said Jericka smiling. "If he was ever here, I don't think that he's here now. These islands are a hard place to live."

The look on Colin's face was so painful. He believed that I was dead. To see that he cared about me so much was difficult. I'd considered our relationship to be so flippant and powered by alcohol.

"We shall forgive your impudence," said Alma. "In the interests of peace."

"Of course," said Jericka. "So, now you see that neither your prince nor any others of your people are here, what will you do?"

"Is there nothing else out here?" asked Alma.

"This is an archipelago. It is one of six islands. Most are uninhabited, but there is a cannibal tribe on one of them. I don't recommend going there. Our last dealings with them ended a little harshly. We believe that the mainland is east of here, but it is some distance away. What else do you want to know?"

"You've seen no one else?" asked Alma.

Jericka sighed. "We don't see others often, but when we do they have little regard for me and mine. That is the truth."

"Very well," said Alma. "We shall not linger long. I hope that we can have peace during our brief time here."

"I believe that we can agree to that. Stay on this part of the island and we shall not bother you. There is water and food on this island. Take what you need and leave as soon as possible. That shall work for us."

"Agreed," said Alma. "Then we have an accord."

That seemed to end the encounter, but I soon noticed that Colin was staring at me.

"One of you responded in the northern tongue," he said. "Who was that?"

"I, by chance, learned your language," I said. "Think nothing of it."

"Do northern Alfar share the traits of northern men?"

"The world is a diverse and strange place," offered Jericka.

Colin nodded, but he kept staring at me. He whispered into Alma's ear, and then she stared as well.

I tried to make myself small and unnoticeable behind Jericka, but it was all for naught at that point.

"We're just curious," said Colin. "We don't hear our language too much out here."

"What does it matter?" I asked.

"You speak our language very well for an Alfar."

"I passed through and picked it up. It's not so difficult."

"Of course."

In reality: most other peoples of the world deemed our language to be extremely difficult and nonsensical at times. After I'd spent years learning other languages, I understood what they meant.

"It's no issue, Colin," said Alma. "We have a truce for now. That will serve us."

Her brother nodded but kept staring at me. I did my best to avert my eyes from his.

Jericka said, "We bid you folks 'good day' and hope that you'll find your way home very soon."

She turned and started away from the northerners towards the rest of the she-elves. When I didn't follow her immediately, she turned and angrily bid me to come with her.

Alma had turned to rejoin her own group, but Colin waited near me. His eyes were still lingering. He looked over my breasts pressed against my tunic--the sweat beginning to make my meager garment almost translucent. Then he looked over the swell of my plump ass.

Stop staring at me, I willed him, but Colin was driven by base desires. In private, he fancied men or at least me as "Prince Sindri", but he was known to take women as well.

"My word," said Colin. "I've never seen an elf like you before." He made a cooing sound. "Those eyes...remarkable."

I shrugged--not sure what to say, but Colin's eyes moved to something else. I thought it was my breasts again, but then his expression darkened. Suddenly, he grabbed me from behind. One hand fiercely seized my chin and the other pressed his pearl-handled stiletto against my throat.

Everyone raised their weapons again. Alma screamed at her brother--demanding to know what he was doing.

"She has Sindri's necklace!"

Colin squeezed me painfully. The point of his stiletto drawing blood from my skin. "What did you elves do with him? Where is my prince?"

Despite my shock and fear, I noticed that there was something desperate in the sound of his voice. How it broke towards the end when he mentioned 'his' lost prince.

Jericka focused on Colin, who was using me as a shield. She had an arrow drawn and aimed. From my perspective: she was aiming at me. I knew that Jericka must have been furious, but outwardly she appeared calm.

"Let her go now," said Jericka. "You don't need to die today."

Colin laughed. "I'm not planning to. Where is Prince Sindri?"

"There is no prince here. My girl there has been to your north. She learned your tongue and she took a trinket home with her. Why should you care?"

Colin shook his head. "I know that the prince was here. Don't lie to me, elf."

Jericka kept her eyes and arrow trained on Colin. She said, "Imani, have an arrow leveled on that north woman."

"Done."

To Colin. Jericka said: "My friend is a better shot than I am. That woman seems to be very important. If things go bad, she will not survive this."

Colin answered: "Well, if that happens, then I'll open this elf girl's throat and show you what's inside."

It was all getting out of control. A collision course towards ruin. The good news was that my death would hopefully be a quick one, but I didn't want to give up on living then. Neither Jericka nor Colin was going to budge, so I had to give in.

"Stop this nonsense at once," I said, projecting my authority as I had been taught to do. "Colin, you're not a killer. The last thing that you stabbed with that knife was a salami."

Colin turned me around to face him. The point of his stiletto was pulled away enough to give me some relief. His eyes were wide and uncertain.

"Who are you?" he asked.

"It's me: Sindri. Now, let me go now."

Colin let me go, and then moved away from me like he was afraid.

"You can't be," he said. "This is an elf trick. A spell to fool me. Like in the stories."

"Don't be ridiculous. Why would they bother? It's me, Colin."

He lowered his knife. "Sindri?"

I nodded and checked the bleeding on my neck.

"What happened to you?"

"I was...changed."

"What did they do to you? You're a...and you have..."

"An elf girl. Yes, I know. With large tits and a plump ass. I learned that rather quickly."

"Your voice."

"Yes. I'm a woman now. Well...mostly. This whole thing is rather complicated."

By this time, Alma decided to approach us. She'd gone pale as hearing the revelation.

"Is this true?" she asked me.

I nodded. Not sure how to put the whole thing into words for her.

"Say it," she demanded.

"It's me, Alma. This is me."

Alma began to cry. Then, after a while she turned to Jericka and shrieked: "What did you to do him? What did you do to my prince?"

Jericka remained silent. She relaxed her bow but remained vigilant, knowing that she now had to advantage with how stricken Colin and Alma were. I feared what she and the other elves would do. Kill my friends? Covert them? If that was possible. Did I ever have any power to sway the outcome either way?

Jericka focused her attention on me. Waiting to see if I would betray her and the others. It was my best opportunity to do so. If I rejoined my friends there would be a fight, but perhaps some of us could get one of the boats back into the water. But to what end? Dying at sea?

Even if I made it back home, what would my future be? It would be a farce. Some impudent part of my mind was tempted to give into the notion. Let the people in my father's court see what I had become. However, when I looked at Jericka, there was some odd feeling inside of me. Like I needed to be near her. I looked at the other elves. I couldn't stand to leave them. Riley...I could still feel her touch on my body, and how safe I felt into those arms. All that warmth.

"What happened can't be changed," I told Alma. "I should've died, but this way I'm still alive. That's a good thing."

"You want to live like this?" Alma asked. "You were supposed to be a man."

"People have been telling me what I'm supposed to be for a long time. Perhaps this isn't so bad. I feel better than I have in years."

"You feel better? Well, that's good for you then. We've been struggling to survive, Sindri. This whole region is hostile. Barely any food or water. And those pirates are still after us. Even after we've lost everything. We've barely slept."

"Alma...I'm sorry. I didn't know."

"No, you didn't. I'm happy that you've found hope with this new life of yours, but we've spent days believing that you were dead. The entire time being harassed and threatened by those brutes. We have grappling hooks from the ship. I've considered assaulting their ship directly from two sides. If we're fierce enough maybe we can force their surrender."

"I don't think you should try this," I told her. "You should play it safe."

"Play it safe? Are you daft? I must be bold in my response or be a victim to their aggression. You should remember that lesson, Sindri. They taught all of us."

"They did," I admitted. I wanted to add that our people held some beliefs that greatly relied on the past. Whether real or imagined.

"Stay here for a while," I offered. "There's food and water here. You can be safe."