Prison School - The Final Chapter

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Before he left Ruben walked over and took a picture of the sign.

"We had the materials," Vern replied, "and since none of us will be here Tuesday, and it's a student favorite, we decided to do the traditional Tuesday sausage breakfast as a Sunday brunch."

Vern walked over to the pair of armed security officers that had walked in, and were sitting by the door.

"You know," Vern stated, "you guys don't really need those side arms around here. You also look hungry, and there's plenty of food over there, help yourselves."

One of the officers replied, "We were told to be on the alert for a possible uprising here."

Vern, laughing, "So what are we supposed to do? Attack you with biscuits? Yes, The Department of Corrections did a number on us, and we are not happy campers. However, most of us are short timers, some down to as little as 2 weeks and some have, at the most, 4 months left to serve. None of us are stupid enough to try and escape, or get involved in a riot. That would only add to the time that we have left to serve. We just want to get this over with, get released, and go home!"

"I understand," the officer replied, "however, we do have our orders." Then, to the other officer, "That food does look and smell pretty damn good."

Vern smiled, and went back to the kitchen. The two officers stood up, walked over to the line, and filled their plates, then settled at a table and enjoyed. Meanwhile, most of the rest of the student population sauntered in and devoured the available creations. The cinnamon biscuits were a real hit.

At precisely 11:00 AM both Officer's Chuck and John came in to partake of the Sunday brunch, filled their plates and took seats at the same table where the pair of armed officers were sitting.

After introductions, one of the new officers said, "I cannot believe you guys have been working this post unarmed. Some of these inmates are walking around as if they owned the place."

"Well," Chuck responded, "to begin with, this campus is a school, not a prison, and therefore, these men have been treated like students, rather than prisoners. These men have committed crimes or misdemeanors, but none have committed violent crimes. They have appreciated the opportunity offered them to gain a skill and get a fresh start on life and to become productive citizens."

"Chuck and I," John added, "have worked this post since the school's inception, over three years ago. Never once have either of us had a problem with any of these inmate/students. They know their limits, and it is a minimum-security institution. It's heartbreaking, what the DOC is doing to these men with this current action. None of these men deserve to be sent back to the pen."

Chuck spoke again, "Do you men work for Prison Industries, Inc.?"

"As a matter of fact, we do." One of them answered.

"I suspected that," Chuck returned, "and I suspect PII is behind this whole transition. PII is a huge corporation, and the only thing they care about is the bottom line. They're nothing but a flock of vultures, with no heart! And they've got the Department of Corrections in their pocket." Then Chuck added, shaking his head, "They're disgusting!"

John, getting up from the table and preparing to leave, "See you at 11:00 Chuck—no wait, I'll be back at 5:00 to share the Last Supper with these guys."

After John left, one of the officers spoke, "I don't think he likes us. I can't believe he is coming back to eat with these prisoners. They're nothing but scum."

"You're wrong!" Chuck responded. "Most of them are decent men that made a mistake, and they are paying for it. Several of them just got caught with a little weed, and in my mind, that's not even a crime." Chuck got up and headed back to his desk in the office.

Ruben, suddenly walking into the cafeteria, yelled out, "Can I please have everyone's attention for a minute?" The room was immediately quiet.

"Just a reminder that I will be administering certification exams, here in this room, at 8:00 PM this evening. If you few men that have not passed them yet don't take them tonight, well, this is crunch time, and the last chance. Get together with your trainers this afternoon and cram, cram, cram. I will fax them into certification tonight, as soon as you are finished. It is possible, but not probable, that we will receive the results back before you guys leave tomorrow. If not, and assuming you all pass, I will forward your certificates to the pen, so you will get them. I wish you all good luck and I sincerely hope you all pass them. That's it for now, I should see everyone at 5:00 PM for our Last Supper together."

Sean, walking toward Ruben, "Mr. Styles, I was told you want to see me."

"Yes Sean. Are you doing anything important today?"

"No, why?"

"Can I solicit your help in my office? I'm trying to gather up my accumulated personal stuff and get it boxed up to take home, and I could sure use some help."

"You've got it, Rub—Mr. Styles."

Ruben, smiling, "At this point, Sean, you can call me 'Ruben.' We're all in this mess together. See you soon."

Vern, talking to the CA crew, "I hate to do this to you guys. Stephen, Jeremy, do you think you two can handle ALL of the prep for the Mexican Buffet and have it ready by 5:00 PM?"

"I don't know," Stephen replied, "it's 12:30 and we still have to clean up the morning brunch dishes."

Mike spoke, "I still have to put the icing on the carrot cake too."

"Okay," Vern stated, "Mike, go ahead and finish that cake, Jere and Stephen, start your prep, Troy, you and I can knock out these dishes. Then Mike and Troy can go with me and we'll cram for the exams. Troy, don't bother with putting away the leftovers from breakfast, just toss them, we won't be here to use them anyway. Stephen, if you and Jeremy have any questions, come and ask me."

Looking out into the cafeteria, Nate and Adam were cramming with Eddie at one table, Kurt and David were sitting with Marty cramming at another table. Soon Vern would be coaching Mike and Troy at a third table. Everyone else had left the cafeteria, except for Stephen and Jeremy, and they were busy preparing the Mexican food for the Last Supper.

About 2:00 PM Sunday afternoon, Ruben and Sean were packing Ruben's stuff in boxes, and Sean was carrying the boxes out to Ruben's car.

When Sean returned to Ruben's office, "Ruben, what are you going to do, now that the school has been shut down?"

"Sean, I honestly don't know, yet. I've made good money, and my home is paid for, but I'm really to young to retire, I'm only 44. Daddy knew I was gay, and he kinda knew this school would be an attraction to gay leaning students, especially with the open dorms, and kind of promoting nudity. Not all of our students have been gay, but we tried hard not to get any homophobes in here. Some have even been married, but they never treated the gay guys badly. If a guy wanted some gay sex, it was usually available."

"How well I know," Sean replied, smiling, "although I can't really explain myself. I'm not gay, and I've never had any strong romantic feelings for any man, but yet I truly enjoyed giving head. I've never fucked a guy, and you are the only man to have ever opened my back door. I only allowed you to do that to insure my position after Jesse left."

"So what happens, after you become a free citizen again?"

"Probably get a decent job, find a nice girl to love, get married, have a family and probably suck a few guys off on the sly. I probably will feel obligated to let her know about that side of me, and hope she understands. What do you think you might do, Ruben?"

"I think, considering my age, I need to get out and explore the possibilities. I may try to open and operate some kind of business, and I need to become more social, and meet others like me. Maybe I'll meet Mr. Right, settle down and get married if we love each other."

"Sounds like a game plan to me, though I can't picture being married to another man, but then, I'm also not gay. I do know there have been some relationships that have formed here, that seem to be headed for longer term."

"Oh? I wasn't aware of them. Can you elaborate?" Ruben asked curiously.

"Well, there is Mike and Luke. Luke got released really early, as it seems he was incarcerated over a trumped up charge that was reversed. Luke is living with Mike's family, awaiting Mike's return. And then there is Nathan and Adam, both taking their plumbing certs tonight, they're tighter than a rusty bolt and nut. More recently the carpenters Darin and Bryan are nearly inseparable. You can almost see the electricity flowing between those two."

"Thanks Sean," Ruben said, smiling, "Young love can be beautiful, especially between two boys. It's awesome to know that, through this school, I have maybe brought some hearts together." Ruben brushed a couple of tears off his face. "We need to finish this packing."

About 3:30 PM Sean returned to the office after taking the last box to Ruben's car.

"Sean," Ruben said, "I really need to ask you a couple of questions."

"Okay, ask"

"Do you know anything about that mystery sign in the cafeteria?"

"Yep, I was told it wasn't there last night, and it was there when Mike and Troy opened this morning."

"I have a gut feeling," Ruben responded, "That you had something to do with it's sudden appearance."

"I've been sworn to secrecy, Ruben, Please, don't do this!"

"There is absolutely nothing wrong, Sean, I'm just really curious, please?"

"Okay Ruben, I'll spill. Jeremy came to me last night, and said we needed that sign, but he didn't want anyone to know how it got there. The sign was his idea, and the wording all his, but he needed help, as he didn't know how to get the materials to make it. I thought about that easel, and knew we had the markers to do it. I made the sign, and got Officer John to set it up in the cafeteria after everyone else had gone to bed."

"Very clever, Thanks Sean." Ruben stepped in front of Sean and wrapped his arms around him, giving Sean a tight hug. "Thank you for everything you've done, for me and for the school."

"I think we have most everything packed and in the car, except for maybe some paperwork, and I can get that in the morning. You're free to go Sean, and I'm going to run this stuff to my house. See you at 5:00 for our Last Supper. Please ask Vern to not start serving until after I get back, which should be before 5:00 PM. I have some announcements to make."

Ruben left for his house, stopping by a Walgreen's, and had 25 copies of the photo of the ubiquitous mystery sign printed.

W-11 Sunday afternoon at 4:45 PM in the cafeteria.

Most of the students, as well as John and Chuck, the security guards were in the cafeteria.

Vern, coming out from the kitchen, in his strongest voice, "Can I have your attention please!" the crowd hushed.

"We have had a lot thrown at us today. Jeremy and Stephen have been busting their little asses, trying to get all this food ready by 5:00 and a couple of things need just a few more minutes. Also, I have received word that Mr. Styles has some announcements to make before we all dive into our last supper together. Thank you."

Just a couple minutes later, Ruben entered.

"Good Evening!" Ruben hollered, "Is everyone here? Lets see, 3 in the kitchen, and 19 seated here—that should be everyone. Thank you Officer John and Officer Chuck for joining us. Unfortunately, this is somewhat of a bittersweet event that has brought us all together today. This is our last opportunity to share a well prepared meal together as a family. And yes, we are a family. I love each and every one of you."

"Vern, can you please send Jeremy out here? I don't know who coined the title of this dinner tonight as the Last Supper...

Mike, standing up, "Vern named it!"

Ruben, as Jeremy approached him, "OK, so Vern named it, but we also got down to the bottom of the" points at the sign, "mystery sign. Sometimes we have a need or desire to do something, and need resources we don't have." Then, placing a hand on Jeremy's shoulder, "Jeremy determined yesterday, that we should have a sign to advertise this Last Supper. He didn't know how or where to obtain the material to create it, so he solicited the help of another student, Sean. Sean had access to the office, and was aware of the dry erase board and markers and easel."

"Jeremy and Sean wanted to keep this a mystery, so Sean solicited the help of Officer John, to sneak the sign into the cafeteria while everyone else was sleeping. It was here this morning, when Mike and Troy opened the cafeteria to prepare brunch—but no one knew where it came from. It's been a mystery most of the day, but I, Sherlock Holmes, have solved the mystery. So Jeremy designed the sign and the wording, Sean put it in writing, and Officer John placed it, where everyone would see it. I love this sign, and it means more to me than any of you can imagine."

"I loved that sign so much, that I took a photo of it, and had 25 prints made this afternoon, just in case anyone else wants a print of it to add to their memorabilia. These prints have something special on the back, a sticker with my name, address and phone number. If any of you students ever want or need to use me for a reference or referral, you will have my information. Jeremy had a vision, and with a little help, it became a reality. We need to thank Jeremy, Sean and Officer John for helping to make this sad day a little brighter."

The round of applause that followed nearly shook the building. Several of the students left their seats and came up to give Jeremy and Sean hugs and 'Thank you's. Nearly everyone in the room had their hands out for one of the prints. Jeremy's face was nearly as red as his hair.

Ruben, holding up his hand to quiet the noise, "I'm tired of hearing 'Mr. Styles, Mr. Styles' that is my father, I'm no better than any of you, and we are all in this together. Please call me 'Ruben.' Just for the record, I'll give you a little history of how this school got started, what went wrong, and how it went down."

"About five years ago I had a brainstorm. We have hundreds of prisoners in this state alone, incarcerated for non-violent crimes. Many of these are decent men that have made stupid mistakes. Many of them are pretty much untrained, and have no skills. What if we were to take some of these prisoners, train them in skills, such as masonry, plumbing, carpentry and electrical, at almost no cost to the government, and create trained workers that would gain self esteem, and become working, self supporting citizens. Does this not sound like a workable, doable project?"

"Well, I thought so, and my father, who was at that time a state representative, also thought so. It would save the taxpayers money, getting these prisoners educated, and not having to pay for their keep in prisons. My plan was to train these men to be productive, building houses as subcontractors and learning the trades at the same time. The initial cost was a little high, we had to have a campus, dorms, security, utilities. But we would receive compensation from the developers, supplying them with low cost labor, and the school could, for the most part, be self supporting."

"My dad introduced a bill in legislature to build this campus and he sold it to other congressmen, the bill passed, we were able to secure this piece of land and the state paid for the construction of these buildings. We hired reputable contractors to teach the trainees, and the school was on it's way. It was a win win situation."

"We had to hire quite a few security guards, and a bunch of groundskeepers and cooks to feed these inmates. With the two dorms, we were maxed out at 40 students. What if we were to add another trade? Culinary Arts, and train some to be Chefs. It would eliminate hiring cooks, and we would have our own, in house cooks."

"Then, after a few more months, another problem arose. We had students that completed their training but still had time to serve. We didn't feel we could just let them stay here until their time was finished, and we didn't have the heart to send them back to the prisons. So we started doing our own grounds maintenance, keeping them till their time was finished and eliminating the groundskeepers."

"After spending a considerable amount of money on the high tech security system we have been using, the tracking bracelets you all wear, we were able to eliminate most of the cost of security guards. At the same time allowing much more freedom of movement for the students on campus. It allowed students to be able to roam in the woods or anywhere within the ten acre campus perimeter."

"All prison industries hated what we had going. If our program were to continue, with the success we were having, other states might adapt a similar program. Prison industries make their money housing and controlling prisoners, every prisoner that leaves the penal system and becomes a student here, loses money for the prison industry. They made zero dollars from our students, and we were self-supporting. Prison Industries Inc. (PII) has a contract with this states Department of Corrections or DOC. They were pushing DOC to shut us down. That's when DOC quit sending us new recruits, we were receiving 4 to 6 new recruits every week or two until about 10 weeks ago. This was the beginning of the end."

"Since the DOC owns this land and these buildings, they elected to transform this campus into a Juvenile Detention Center, which would be operated by PII. They didn't want both Juveniles and Adult inmates to co-exist here, and we weren't moving you guys out fast enough. Hence we arrive to today. As of tomorrow, the prison school is gone, and the property becomes a Juvenile Detention Center. I'm betting they will have fencing with concertina wire enclosing these buildings by the end of this week."

"Now that you know the history of the school, and I appreciate you guys sitting through my rant, I have a quick question. Do any of you guys want to help me create a little turmoil for PII?"

The sea of hands waving was astounding, and Ruben was well pleased.

"Okay! I appreciate that show of support. The Laundry service has been notified, and I have requested they come in as early as possible tomorrow morning. They are not bringing any clean laundry, sheets, towels, aprons or towels for the kitchen. They are to pick up all laundry that belongs to them, which is everything except the mattresses and pillows, and your clothing. It includes clean and soiled washcloths, towels, sheets, and pillowcases, blankets, kitchen towels and aprons. For this one time, if you guys want a shower before you leave here, take it tonight, rather than in the morning.

I have a stack of large white trash bags and if each of you take one with you tonight, you can put your excess clothing in it and take it with you. Whatever you bring with you to the pen will be held and returned to you when you are released.

Can any of you use an extra pair of jeans, or t-shirts or pairs of socks?

Several hands were seen waving.

"Here's the scoop. We have a number of new jeans, tee's, socks and even boxers in the clothing issue room by the office. Since there are no new recruits coming in any more, I'd much rather give them to you guys than to leave them for PII. I don't want to haul them all to Goodwill. I should be there about 7:00 or a few minutes after."

"Okay, we were supposed to have this Mexican Buffet about 5:00 PM and I've already pushed it to almost 6:00. I'm sorry, I got kinda wound up there. As when Jesus and his disciples shared their Last Supper, and I don't proclaim to be anything like Jesus, we will now share our Last Supper together as a family. Let's show a hand of appreciation for our Culinary Arts crew. They've worked really hard to make this a meal we will remember for a long time. Okay everybody—DIG IN!" Then "Hold a minute, I gotta get a photo of this! (snap) NOW DIG IN!"