Prison School - The Final Chapter

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'd like that, Stephen. I think we'd better pull up our pants and get back to the cafeteria before somebody comes looking for us."

* * * * * * * * * * *

It's 9:00 AM and ever since 8:00 AM Ruben and Officer John have been taking turns checking the fax machine, so far with no fruit. All of the students have been sitting around with their white bags of personal clothing and whatever else they might have. The students are all prepared to leave here, but none of them are ready to leave, nor will they ever be. A few of them are still swapping addresses.

As far as anyone knows, the bus with the first load of detainees is due to arrive between now and 11:00 AM, and Ruben is hoping the bus may be even later, as those certifications have not yet arrived. Ruben is getting more nervous by the minute. He and John have each other's cell phone numbers so they can notify each other if the faxes come through.

At 10:30 AM the bus arrived, with 20 Juvenile detainees, and 6 armed security officers. Officer John instinctively headed toward the office and fax machine, which so far has still not produced anything. Ruben headed outside, walking toward the bus. One of the guards stepped off the bus.

Speaking to Ruben, he asked, "Who is in charge of the prisoners that we are to take to the pen?"

"That would be me. I'm Ruben Styles."

"And where are these prisoners?"

"Most, if not all, of these STUDENTS are waiting in the cafeteria."

"Where is this 'Dorm 2' located?"

Ruben, pointing, "Down the line, third building."

Another armed security guard stepped off the bus and conferred with the first one, then stepped back onto the bus.

"Okay, boys. Pick up your bags, step off the bus, and form a single line."

This procedure took about 5 minutes. The twenty boys all wore baby blue trousers with no belts or pockets, with an elastic waistband, and a matching short sleeved button down shirt, and black tennis shoes.

The first guard selected four others, and informed them to escort the detainees to Dorm 2, and get them settled into their new surrounding. One of them came back shortly and spoke to the first Guard.

"Sir, there seems to be no sheets, blankets or towels in the dorm, these kids can't even make up their beds."

The first guard addressed Ruben, "Styles, where are the linens stored?"

"What linens?"

"You had prisoners housed here. They had to have had sheets and towels."

"Excuse me!" Ruben retorted. "We had STUDENTS here. This was a campus. The school had contracted with a Laundry Rental Service to supply Sheets, pillowcases, blankets, towels and washcloths, as well as towels and aprons for the kitchen. When the DOC shut us down, we cancelled the contract with the laundry service. They picked up their property early this morning. What PII uses is not my problem, it's yours."

The first guard reached for his phone and placed a call.

"Yes, this is George Gibbons. I've been placed in charge of this new detention center, and we have some problems here. We need an emergency shipment of sheets, pillowcases, towels, washcloths and blankets. Enough for 40 detainees, and we need them today."

Waiting...

"Well, it seems they contracted with a private laundry rental service, and after we took this complex over, they cancelled the contract, and the rental service has picked up their property. Also, we need towels and aprons for the cooks."

Waiting...

"Thank you sir, very much. 4:00 PM will work,"

Gibbons, turning back to the second guard, "I've contacted HQ and explained the situation. They are sending out a shipment of those needed items and we should be receiving them by 4:00 PM today."

"Styles, we need to get this bus loaded, and on it's way to the penitentiary, It's nearly 11:30, can you get these prisoners to get on the bus?"

"I suppose so," Ruben replied, "Hold on a minute." Then, making a phone call, "Anything yet, John?" (space) "I'm being pushed to get these students on the bus, if that machine spits out anything call me, and I'll try to delay the bus leaving. Thanks."

"Ok, Gibbons, I'll get these students out here." Ruben headed toward the cafeteria.

Ruben, raising his voice, "I need everyone's attention please. As of a couple of minutes ago, we still have had no response from Certification. Officer John is babysitting the fax machine, and will notify me if it wakes up and starts spitting out anything."

"Time is running out for us, I'm being bullied to bring you guys out and get you on the bus. As I stated last night, if and when those certs come in, I will forward them to you at the pen. I am hoping you all passed. We are at the end of a journey, and I sincerely wish the best for all of you in the future. Many or most of you have a print of the Last Supper, with my name, address and phone number on them. Feel free to contact me if I can ever help you in any way I can. Please know that I love you guys. It's time to part, let's go."

Ruben and the 20 students walked out of the cafeteria, then out of the front door by the office and toward the bus. Ruben was really good at stalling. One man at a time, Ruben hugged them, wished them well, and then went on to the next in line. Half of the students were on the bus when John ran out of the door with a handful of papers.

"Ruben," he hollered, "They're here! Stop the bus!"

John handed the certifications to Ruben, who immediately looked through them, and smiled.

"What are these?" Gibbons inquired.

"Certifications!" Ruben answered, "Hold your horses, this won't take long."

"I need these six men out here. Troy, Mike, Kurt, Nathan, Adam, David."

Kurt, Troy and David were already on the bus, but stepped back off.

"Kurt, David, Congratulations, you are both Certified Masons. The cramming paid off!" Ruben handed them the certificates, and gave them each a hug.

"Troy, Mike, Congratulations, you are both Certified Chefs. The cramming paid off!" Ruben handed them the certificates, and gave them each a hug.

"Nathan, Adam, Congratulations, you are both Certified Plumbers. The cramming paid off!" Ruben handed them the certificates, and gave them each a hug. And may you both have a happy and prosperous life together."

The whole damn bus was cheering the newest six guys to get certified, as two armed guards boarded the bus and the bus driver turned the bus around and headed toward the penitentiary.

Gibbons, walking over to John, "John, did you ever consider becoming an armed security officer?"

"I am qualified to be an armed officer. This post just didn't require it."

"Why don't you come join us. PII is an excellent company to work for, with excellent pay, great benefits and long term job security."

"What, and become a scumbag, like you guys. No thank you. I can't buy into that corporate bullshit because I have morals and ethics.

"Man, John," Ruben exclaimed, "Did you put him down!"

"Just the way I feel, Ruben. Anything else I can help you with?"

"I think I'm good. Just got some paperwork I need to gather up, and I'm outta here. Thank you so much for your help, it meant a lot to me."

"You're very welcome, Ruben. I'm heading home."

The two men hugged, and John left.

Ruben gathered up that paperwork, stashed it in a briefcase, and left the complex a couple of hours later. He arrived home and went to bed a tired, depressed, lonely and defeated man.

* * * * * * * * * * *

W-12 Tuesday morning

Ruben woke up about 10:00 AM, plagued by what had gone down Monday, and thinking about what he might do with the rest of his life. He then remembered that he had told the students he would try to get them some good time applied. He needed to call Warden Paul. He placed the call from his cell phone, and got the switchboard at the state pen, and she connected him to the Warden's office.

Paul, answering the phone, "Warden's Office, Paul speaking."

"Paul, this is Ruben, Ruben Styles. Do you have a few minutes?"

"Ruben, good to hear from you. So how is retired life treating you?"

"Retired? Paul, I didn't retire intentionally. Is that what you were told?"

"I know we hadn't talked for a while. About 8, maybe 10 weeks ago DOC ordered us not to send any more recruits, because you were closing the school. I didn't know why, but I assumed you had your reasons. I thought the school was a great idea, and was sorry you decided to close it."

"Paul, it wasn't my intention, or my choice. DOC shut us down, most likely with pressure from PII. You should have received the last 20 inmates sometime yesterday afternoon, for in-processing."

"We did Ruben, and so far they are being held in the 4-man holding cells, while we try to determine what to do with them. Why did DOC shut you down?"

"Paul, the state owns that campus, and all the buildings on it. They decided to transition it into a Juvenile Detention Center, operated, of course, by PII."

"I get it, Ruben, the school was self supporting and PII lost income from not having those student/inmates in prison. Couple that with profits they can make operating the detention center. Those dirty, fuckin' bastards. I'm so sorry Ruben, I wish there were something I could do."

"Actually Paul, there is something, and that is the primary reason for my contact with you today. Those are all good men that made a bad mistake. They have been outstanding students, cooperative, respectful and have a goal to be productive citizens, once released to the outside. They all expected to complete their time on campus, get released, and return to their families, and go on with their lives, knowing the future would be brighter."

"Paul, there were, as of Friday, eight students that had not taken certification exams. Two of them declined, and the other six crammed and studied their asses off. I administered those tests Sunday evening, and all six passed and got certified. I was ecstatic yesterday morning, to be able to hand those men their certificates. Out of the twenty you received last night, eighteen are certified, in some kind of trade."

"None of those men deserved to be sent back there, and it broke my heart to see them board that bus yesterday. Paul, I'm asking, no, I'm begging you, to use what influence you have, to give them good time, and reduce their remaining time of incarceration, even if it means lengthening their parole. I hope you understand."

"Ruben, good time may be applied to most of these men, but good time is calculated, based on the length of the original sentencing, not the remaining time. As a friend, I promise you that I will do the best I can, to get these men out of here as soon as possible. It is likely that some of them may be released as early as this weekend. It was good talking to you, but quite a shock to learn that you didn't voluntarily shut the school down."

"Well Paul, now you know. I thank you for whatever you can do for these men, and thank you for taking the time to talk with me. Goodbye."

* * * * * * * * * * *

*** EPILOG ***

All twenty of the students were maintained in the holding cells, until the prison was able to determine "good times" a couple of days later. Warden Paul kept his promise to Ruben, to do the best he could.

By the weekend, Eddie, Marty, Rick, LaVerne, Juan, Jack, William and Sean were released, and allowed to go home. The remaining 12 were in-processed, and most will have some "good time" applied, and not need to spend all of their remaining time here.

After four weeks Mike and Kurt were both released. Mike's boyfriend, Luke, used Mike's car and drove to the pen and picked up both of them, since they were all friends and lived in the same town. Mike and Luke are both living with Mike's parents, and will eventually get married. Mike will obtain employment as a Chef with Red Lobster, and work his way into management. (The future of Mike and Luke 'may' be covered in a separate 'spinoff' story, likely titled 'Mike and Luke, After Prison School' if comments create an interest in it.)

Nathan will spend six weeks before he gets released, and Adam an additional two more weeks. Once Adam is released, they will continue their relationship and also get married down the line. They will both be employed as plumbers, working for the same contractor, thanks to Nate's father's connections. (The future of Nate and Adam 'may' be covered in a separate 'spinoff' story, likely titled 'Adam and Nate, After Prison School' if comments create an interest in it.)

Troy will be released at the same time as Adam, and be picked up at the pen by his big bear, Ben, in a brand new Freightliner tractor. Even though Troy is now a Certified Chef, Ben will train him to be a truck driver, and they will eventually drive as a team. They, also, will eventually get married.

Ruben Styles will sell his house in the country, and move to a larger city. He will eventually meet his Mr. Right, and they will open a gay friendly restaurant and bar, which will be very successful.

The End