Project Aquarius - Log 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"A little. I was just doing some thinking." He smiled down at her. "Trust me, you were doing amazingly. Please continue. You had me close there for a bit."

"I could tell. You were throbbing so hard I thought you were going to cum for a moment there." She smirked, gently sliding her lips back over his cock and softly taking him into her throat again. She did that same thing she'd done the night before, during their first act together: she made her throat swallow, pleasuring the head, all while their eyes never left one another's.

Rylan gripped the sink a little harder. It was a hell of a treat to feel that the first time, and the second time was just as amazing. "Holy shit, that's incredible.." He groaned lightly to her, hands releasing the sink to reach down and grab her still somewhat wet hair. Without warning, he began to fuck her face, and instead of complaining, she didn't miss a beat. Her hands slipped down to his legs, and she kept up with him even as he slid in and out of her mouth. He shuddered, his eyes still locked on to hers, and he knew he was getting close.

So, too, did Evelyn. She regained control from him just as he was about to cum, slipped his cock into her throat one last time, and swallowed down the thick, hot load directly into her stomach. She kept him there for longer than he'd anticipated doing little more than swallowing him and whatever he had to give her, for nearly a full minute, before pulling away a few inches. She swirled her tongue around his cock as she continued to pull her mouth off of him, inch by inch, and when he was finally out, she kissed the head and stood.

"How do you even do that?" He asked breathlessly.

"Do what?" She asked, reaching her hands back to tie her hair up into a messier bun than he was used to seeing.

"You slide me all the way into the back of your throat and hold me there for minutes just swallowing my cock. That's just absolutely amazing!" He praised her, pushing off the sink somewhat shakily, trying to regain his balance and composure.

She smiled that charming little smile of hers, leaning up to kiss his lips. "I've been a diver all my life, Rylan. I can hold my breath for several minutes. My record is almost twenty minutes. I can't quite do twenty minutes giving you a blowjob, I have to put in a lot of effort to get you off, but I can handle four or five minutes. Maybe a bit longer."

He watched her turn to walk away, sauntering back into the bedroom. His gaze turned briefly to the window, but Nixie wasn't there anymore. He turned his gaze back to Evelyn and then jogged to catch up with her. "I do appreciate that you lived up to your promise, though, Ms. Quinn," he teased her.

"Mmm. I'm a woman of my word, Mr. Larsen," she returned to him, putting her clothes on bit by bit. "Take an extra thirty minutes to relax and then put on your uniform and head to work." She walked back to him after having her clothes on in a somewhat presentable manner. She probably just needed to make it to her own room to get ready for work a bit more thoroughly.

He took hold of her waist before she could slip out of the room and pulled her in close to him, mostly so he could kiss her lips. "Yes ma'am. You have a good day, okay? I'll message you here in a bit."

She gave him a curious look, wondering what he had to say that he couldn't say then and there, eyes narrowed in a playful manner. "Okay. I'll be looking forward to it." With that, she slipped out of his grip and left his room, the sound of her heels dying out when the door shut behind her. He immediately crossed the room to his bed to pick his tablet up off of it, writing a quick message to her:

--

Dear Ms. Quinn,

I can see why you're the head of human resources. Never has my morale been higher at any place I've ever worked at before. I'd like to extend my appreciation to you for all your hard work.

Having said that, my morale hasn't completely improved to a level in which my efficiency and results will see a notable increase as well. If possible, I'd like to see you at your place on the next available, convenient night, so we can go over some team building exercises.

Your most humble and faithful employee,

Ryan Larsen, Head of Project Aquarius

--

That last little bit, with name and title, was automatically added to any message he sent, regardless of who he sent it to. He didn't really feel like he deserved the spot, or the salary, or the attention, and at this point he was sure they were only using him to help keep Nixie under control. Still, he was stuck with it, so he may as well take advantage of it.

Within about four hours, long after he'd gotten back to work, he received a response:

--

Dear Mr. Larsen,

It was my pleasure entirely. Part of my job is to ensure that all of my employees' needs are satisfied, because more gets done that way, and the results of greater quality. Employees that are excited to wake up in the morning and eager to work the next day is my goal.

After some consideration, I have put aside some time for you on Saturday evening, in four day's time. I'm looking forward to showing you that there's no reason to be scared of your superiors, and that even if I'm not directly part of your team, I am absolutely on your side. Just remember to bring a gift.

With the fondest of regards,

Evelyn Quinn, Head of CMI Human Resources

--

He rolled his eyes and chuckled lightly. Not since he was a bright-eyed and bushy tailed new marine biologist was he ever excited to wake up in the morning, and he was often too tired to feel eager about work the next day. He'd always been the sort who passed out the moment his head hit the pillow and his eyes closed, even years later, and technically, it remained that way today. Still, the thought of actually getting to see Evelyn's own room was exciting. Did she have a room, or an apartment? Surely as head of human resources, and as someone who frequently spoke with the CEO, that would come with special privileges. He had a mental image of what to expect of Evelyn's living quarters, but he had no clue either way.

He noted the day of the invitation, Saturday evening. Right then it was Tuesday afternoon, so he anticipated a slog to get there timewise. So he put his nose to the grindstone and kept his attention fixed mostly on Nixie, who hardly seemed to mind this. She'd always preferred having his attention, and she was quite content to have nearly every waking hour of it, even despite the time he'd spent with Evelyn. Perhaps, because she could see them almost the entire time, she felt better about it. He considered asking her, but then decided against it for the time.

Friday morning, Rylan got dressed in his uniform, grabbed his tablet, and walked the short way to work. He could already tell something was amiss from the moment he entered the room. People were keeping their heads down, walking quickly, only offering him brief, quiet greetings. It was the sort of behavior he figured someone would demonstrate if they were in the presence of their boss, and he soon discovered that guess wasn't far off.

He climbed the stairs to the top to greet Nixie in person, but a familiar woman was seated at the edge, already in the midst of feeding her breakfast. It was Mei, looking pretty much exactly the same as he'd left her those few months prior: short, pixie cut, cute face, modest body, typical CMI uniform. Nixie wasn't glowing her usual rainbow of colors in excitement, even when Rylan arrived, instead, her lantern was glowing brightly and she seemed to be taking the food begrudgingly purely because she'd promised to be good.

"What're you doing here?" Rylan asked, stepping slowly across the metal grating toward her and Nixie. "Good morning, Nixie."

Nixie only nodded lightly in recognition of his greeting, a sort of awkward bobbing of her dolphin-like body, which she did when she didn't want to speak to him telepathically. Mei, however, gave him a smile. "I was expecting a friendlier greeting from my favorite person in the world."

That stung, whether or not she intended it to. Rylan looked away from Mei, first to his left toward some researchers checking Nixie's vitals, then to his tablet, which had nothing on it of note. Not that Mei would be able to see. He was just desperate to not look at Mei. "Yeah, well, I've been doing a little soul searching recently," he explained, even if he wasn't entirely truthful. "I don't think I want to see you anymore."

Mei seemed immediately hurt by his words, pushing herself slowly to a stand. "Oh, so you spend a night with that whore Evelyn, and all of a sudden you want to throw me away? Just like that? What about all the fun times we had together?"

"Don't you dare call Evelyn that," Rylan threatened her, teeth practically grinding as his anger suddenly built. He couldn't remember a time he'd ever felt this angry. "And yeah, we used to fuck a lot, but then you'd always disappear. I tried to invite you out, try to get to know you a little better outside of work. What were you doing with all my messages?"

For a short time, only the sound of Nixie's back fin splashing lightly against the surface of the water could be heard. Mei seemed to be deciding how she wanted to continue. "I deleted them."

Exactly as he'd expected. Well, he'd expected that for years, but at least he finally got an honest answer out of her, a little closure. His brows furrowed. "Why?"

"Because we weren't really supposed to date colleagues, I was KINDA breaking the rules by getting anywhere near you, and DEFINITELY breaking the rules by fucking you," Mei chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of her neck. "But they overlooked it because I told them all about Nixie's growth and her affinity for you." She smirked, stepping slowly over toward him. "Have you fucked the fish yet, Rylan?"

"Why? Are you jealous? Worried that I'm not fucking you instead?" He responded quietly to her.

She stopped in front of him, looking up at him. She was nearly a foot smaller than him, so it was kind of comical to see her looking up at him like that. "Why would I be jealous? You think I didn't have my pick of guys to fuck on off-weeks?" She laughed at that, narrowing her eyes. "You weren't even the best of them. Probably the most mid partner I've ever had."

He grit his teeth a little at that. "And you have the audacity to call Evelyn a whore?" He didn't even care that she essentially called him an 'average' partner. "You fuckin' hypocrite."

"At least I didn't waste my life in a dead end job only for a horny fish to pull me out of my rut! I don't wait for things to fall into my lap!" Mei shot back, grabbing hold of the only part of his uniform she could easily grab, his collar, and she pulled him down closer to his level. "And at least I know what I want to do with my life, Rylan. What did YOU want out of life?!"

Rylan growled at her lightly. He exploded pretty much instantly. "You! Okay?! I wanted YOU!" He forced her hands off of his collar, a move that he was sure probably hurt her, but he didn't care at the moment. "You were who I wanted, more than anything else. I wanted to tell you that I loved you, that I wanted to spend my life with you. Hell, I bought a ring for you, back at Sea Castle, cost me like five paychecks, but I got it." He suddenly stopped being angry. Instead, he just felt sad now. To distract himself from the feeling, he dust himself off. "I still do."

Mei stared at him quietly, brows furrowed in anger, eyes scanning his face as if trying to see if he was lying. Yet after a few moments, she could tell, and her anger started slipping a little. "You're lying," she called his bluff.

"I'm not." Rylan motioned toward Nixie. "Nixie. We used to talk about what I wanted to do with Mei, remember? How I wanted to spend my life with her, ask her to marry me?"

She gave a nod, her bioluminescence changing her to a bright red color.

"Oh, the fucking fish is your backup," Mei laughed at that, throwing her hands up in surrender. "I give up. Even on the off chance I cared about you, Rylan, I wouldn't want to date someone obsessed with some... some ugly glowing alien fish, let alone marry them." She pushed past him, even though she had plenty of room to walk around him to get to one of the many sets of stairs down to the floor below. "Good bye, Rylan."

Rylan turned to watch her leave, and it wasn't until she disappeared did he feel his emotional state break down. He slowly sat at the edge of Nixie's tank, and for the first time since they first met, she saw him cry. It wasn't a gentle sobbing, or a respectful, quiet tear rolling down his cheek. Full on ugly crying. He knew that his staff could probably hear him, but he didn't care. He got the closure he wanted, but it broke his heart in the process. He felt a gentle nudge against his back after a few long minutes, and he turned to look back at Nixie.

"Do you think I'm ugly?" She spoke quietly in his mind, her body glowing streaks of sad dark blues and grays, almost looking like a storm cloud.

He laughed lightly, much to her confusion, and turned around to face her. He slipped into the tank, onto the platform he'd had installed to allow him to sit with her more comfortably in the shallows, and he pulled her in close. She glowed a bright red now, nuzzling against him affectionately.

"Not at all," he whispered to her, stroking her back slowly, affectionately. "She was only saying that to hurt us."

"Why does Mei hate us now?"

He shook his head slowly. "I don't really know, I don't understand it. She's like a totally different person than who I used to know." He sighed, resting his head against hers. "Anyway. Maybe it's better she's not in our lives." He leaned back a little to look her in the eyes. "When one door closes, another one opens, as they say. We're moving onto bigger and better things." He took a few moments to regain his composure, wiping the tears off of his face.

She seemed content with that, slowly moving out of his arms to fall deeper into the water. He watched her, a streak of red flitting about the tank like an animal with the zoomies. It reminded him a little of Bear. When she returned a few minutes later, she looked up at him.

"Do you like Evelyn?" She asked without warning. "Did she make you feel good?"

"Yeah, I think so." Rylan nodded affirmative to her question, reaching a hand out to lightly yank at her lantern. She let out a squeak and zipped back out of his reach. He gave her a chuckle. "You watched, huh?"

She gave him something akin to a smile, the first time he'd ever seen her do so.

"I always watch."