Project Aquarius - Log 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The ship rocked lightly as the docking bay pressurized and the water came rushing in. The robotic arms released the vessel, allowing him to turn it around and send it out into the oppressive darkness at the foot of Mesa Verde. The lights on the vessel lit up the opposite wall to a sight he hadn't personally seen, only in holovids and pictures: the infamous, enormous Keanosian lava tubes, the very same that was home to the Charybdis of fame. Luckily, there was nothing there at the time, nor as they rose, even though he was tense for the time.

He quietly recalled the story of some of the first Keanos explorers plumbing the depths of underwater trenches just like the one they were in, meeting their untimely end simply by being in the wrong place at the wrong time, their vessel plucked from the water by a Charybdis and never seen or heard from again. Safely rising to the surface was going to take some time, and so he leaned back in his chair to look over at Nixie, who was dead asleep in her own.

His attention returned to the darkness, with only the occasional edge of a huge lava tube opening crossing the front of the submersible as the submersible's lights lit them up. He nearly fell asleep himself. He knew that they'd need a safe place to stay, and he had somewhere in mind. Somewhere they could get some privacy, and time to prepare for the near future.