All Comments on 'Prologue to a Problem'

by KitDeLuca164

Sort by:
  • 132 Comments (Page 2)
driv2u2driv2u2over 1 year ago

Christ new author, and the comments , Merlin did grandpa look after on those special nights , bouncing on his knee dressed in grandmas panties

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It is not her answer but the incompleteness of the story. No follow up question and certainly no relief for the husband. She just docked him around. A n major threat to a marriage is insecurity. Why because almost any women can get laiyed. One last point is I hope this type of story is expanded or the writer and reader will be unfulfilled at best,

MigbirdMigbirdabout 1 year ago

Commented on first read; just read again — this short piece is remarkable; so subtly tense; so open ended yet … . Have enjoyed all your pieces but easily argue this is your best writing — compact, confrontational in uneasy way, left hanging .. Jesus …

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Punt the bitch now!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This is why 750-word is a difficult task. This really needed more information and conclusions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

what story. you finished somewhere in the middle of story ?

moultonknobmoultonknobabout 1 year ago

Leaves a bit to be desired, maybe OK when it's finished.

KRD19254KRD19254about 1 year ago

A major miss is WHEN did Ann learn of Karen's pending divorce and Karen's details? The story leads us to assume Ann's knowledge came after Karen was caught/confronted. But maybe not and Ann willfully kept Karen's philandering in confidence until Karen told Ann she was moving due to being caught.

\

So is Ann complicit is covering for Ann and be defacto a CHEAT waiting for an opportunity? This is the question Phil missed...

\

Oh crap another 'February Sucks' wannabe story waiting for more endings.

\

3***, hooyah

GrendelpuppyGrendelpuppyabout 1 year ago

Once again, excellent!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The author captures the essence of distrust in marriage very well indeed. I am thinking this wouldn't have immediate consequences, but the trust in that marriage would be seriously eroded. That would impact the relationship going forward. I would not, for example, have proceeded in high dudgeon, but had a serious discussion about infidelity and marriage commitment. In my case, a clear position of one and done. Even so, one can imagine the second-guessing and a disturbing need to be unduly suspicious. A young marriage would likely not survive even with minor children. I dumped a wife of 7 years in my early 30s for that very reason, rather than have to constantly second-guess and be unduly suspicious much of the time. And I was never a controlling sort of bastard. Even my Ex agreed. But I was proved right with a second marriage of 23 years while the Ex has remarried twice. She, like Jim's wife Linda of Feburary Sucks fame, was a narcissist. What you say to a spouse matters because they take it to heart given the intimate context. These female characters lacked any sense of empathy required for marital intimacy and I don't just mean sex.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago
What?

What the fuck, dude, that's a perfectly good answer. Hubby has problems.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I finally gave you 4 stars for a story I really disliked. Not happy with the wife’s reasoning.

She’s a slut in waiting.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Why does it surprise or anger a spouse when the other answers a question

Honestly. Only makes to point that these type of question should be asked in private. I also believe that most women get bored. They need a thrill while not being very thrilling. Sad comment but reason for high divorce rate is stagnation and lack of communications. I will now remove myself from my soapbox…

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Hubby needs to be kicked to the curb.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Hoping she clears some time in her busy schedule and goes ahead with it, get's some lovely STD's and hubby can be free from this self-absorbed skank.

oldtwitoldtwit11 months ago

Now that was a thought provoking little story.

Really good, nice sharp writing, I can see plenty of people thinking about this, plenty more thinking that it needs a follow up, oh how the endings could change the direction this could go in.

Brilliantly executed.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Another divorce soon to happen. The Martin slut ray is going full force

jazzharpjazzharp10 months ago

I've been hoping to read more by you. Where did you go?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Nothing wrong with a fantasy that stays a fantasy.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19697 months ago

hopefully there's more written by the author or someone else to dish out justice or some karma.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A slut that doesn't deserve happiness only death

Regguy69Regguy697 months ago

Like the Anon said, a fantasy is a fantasy, as long as you don’t act on it or obsess over it, no harm done. Well done, got a lot of feelings out of 750 words.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

The husband is more than slightly naive, Every spouse has at some time or other at least considered stepping out. He must know the thought's been there so, if he wasn't prepared to hear what she had to say, he shouldn't have asked. At least he recognized a weaselly answer when he heard one. Well written. 5 stars

AnotherChapterAnotherChapter6 months ago

I’d like to pen a brief rebuttal to several comments below. I believe there is something inherently dangerous about fantasies that take a partner outside of a relationship. Fantasies breed discontent, they heighten the thirst for the forbidden, and all too often they are the gateway to becoming reality. Even if fantasy stays fantasy it has the power to weaken the bonds that hold marriages or relationships together. Ask yourself, does fantasizing about some super model make your spouse seem more appealing?

Schwanze1Schwanze14 months ago

Start hiding assets

Schwanze1Schwanze13 months ago

Again, start hiding assets.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd23 months ago

If he didn't immediately get them into marriage counseling AND get a post-nup signed then he is a fool and soon to be a cuckold.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Good start

OGHMNWOGHMNW3 months ago

Sometimes an honest answer can be miss read or read between the lines. It’s like the question,” Do you still beat your spouse?” You can’t safely answer the question. Thank You!

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 month ago

interesting thoughts by both M and F. 2 sides to every story

nixroxnixrox13 days ago

3 stars and yes, this guy should have a survival plan in place, along with a punitive post-nupt agreement.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userKitDeLuca164@KitDeLuca164
Married, mother of 2 grown children. Live in USA, Midwest. Was motivated to write after reading GeorgeAnderson’s February Sucks. Was conflicted by the premise of the story and wanted to explore my own thoughts on why an apparently happily married wife would cheat.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES