All Comments on 'Prologue to a Problem'

by KitDeLuca164

Sort by:
  • 131 Comments
TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 1 year ago

This is setting the bar way too high. She's allowed to fantasise.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Interesting question, but the conclusion to be reached would be, if she's thinking about it, if the perfect opportunity were to present itself, she'd cheat. Not a good conclusion for her and her husband to reach.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I wonder what would her reaction be if her best friend ever tells her that she's always wanted her husband. Would she be so thrilled then?

I somehow think not.

OPrimeOPrimeabout 1 year ago

Good start for a story.

oldguy1oldguy1about 1 year ago

waste the time reading no middle no ending. does she or not obviously ok with idea of it.

70slowhands70slowhandsabout 1 year ago

Great story, maybe you should see where Ann takes her thoughts. Glad to see you are writing again.

patilliepatillieabout 1 year ago

Easiest part of a story to write, the hook, the beginning, but very interested to see how this progresses.

parenthesisparenthesisabout 1 year ago

At a guess, I'd say that Ann will soon be making time to risk her marriage for a short term thrill?

In general I'm enjoying your writing, thanks. I am looking forward to sharing your journey of exploration vis-a-vis the reasons for happily married women cheating.

A commentator was wondering about a prequel to February Sucks. Feel up to it?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Thanks for this brief intro of what you actully feel about marriage...! collectively with the other stories by you..your hubby seriously needs to check if the kids are actually his.... And i am pretty sure whats going to be the DNA result!,, As someone said... there is no smoke without fire!

jazzharpjazzharpabout 1 year ago

Good one. Don't care for the train of thought in your fictional characters head; but that's what makes it a good story! 5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Yes, just imagine having sex with a younger woman, more firm and vibrant than the old wife back home. And if the old lady doesnt like, it's for sure due to her own insecurity and bruised ego. :)

kiteareskitearesabout 1 year ago

No marking it (yet). I'd say more like a blurb than a prologue. Though it does raise the question of where you're going with this (like a good blurb). I hope your next chapters will be significantly longer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

That was a waste of time I'll never get back. Thought I was going to read a story - not a paragraph

ibuguseribuguserabout 1 year ago

Different but well done.

DessertmanDessertmanabout 1 year ago

A well crafted short story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

There was nothing wrong with Ann's answer to Phil's question. I would never be naive or egotistical enough to presume that my wife has never felt attracted to another man in all the years we've been together, just as I would never be so dishonest as to claim that I've never felt attracted to another woman. Being married doesn't blind us to the attractiveness of others or stop us functioning as biological beings; fidelity is a conscious choice, not a biologically driven imperative. Phil needs to grow up and face reality.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Where is the story?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Not very much

GarySmith69GarySmith69about 1 year ago

I am sure many wives and husbands and girlfriends and boyfriends would not like the answer to the question you asked. However the question should be..."Would you ever cheat on me?" The answer in everyones mind male or female should be "No" but we all know that's not true. The answer in most peoples minds is "Probably not". People cheat for all sorts of reasons. But in my view the grass is not always greener on the otherside. Despite what some writers say on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Dahaaa ! Talk about leaving one hanging, you didn’t even get close to any kind of conclusion that would lead a reader one way or another. I’ll say after a so so start your writing did draw me in to the story and you had me captive till the end, no matter how long of a story it may have been.

littleone35littleone35about 1 year ago

trouble is brewing don't see any good out comes from these thoughts

SouthdownSouthdownabout 1 year ago

No good being dropped off a cliff! Quitting @ half time is for losers2**

payenbrantpayenbrantabout 1 year ago

Unless more communication happens....the foundation of this marriage has just started to crumble.

SexecutionerSexecutionerabout 1 year ago

An uninspired story of a writer bearing her sexual frustrations through words of a insipid fantasy...

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Sorry, but what's bruised when a wife decides to cheat or even openly contemplates cheating is trust, not ego. These claims about the husband's insecurity and ego are nothing but delusional attempts to deflect the blame and consequences from the guilty party to the innocent party.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Beware your thoughts for they become words,

Beware your words for they become actions,

Beware your actions for they become habits,

Beware your habits for they define your character,

Beware your character for it becomes your destiny.

A story like this is nothing more than the beginning broken trust and divorce. It's not like a thought entered her head and she immediately dismissed it. She was thinking about it, pondering the different scenarios and requirements necessary to cheat. Whether she does or not, the doubt she created in his mind will forever linger. It's all over but the fat lady singing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very good. About as complete as one of these 750 things can be.

.

Note what did NOT occur to Ann….the consequences of getting caught, even though THAT was the main topic of discussion at dinner regarding the friends whose marriage is destroyed because of “a thrill”.

.

4 ****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nice short read and it looks like it could use another ending but I like it as is. Leaving the reader to finish the story

5*****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A good flash intro to what could be an extremely good future story. Him thinking about hidden cameras and phone apps and her thinking about consequences including the loss of her life. In any event, their life will drastically change given her answer and not for the better.

nixroxnixroxabout 1 year ago

4 stars - Although this one was good, BUT for me these short stories are way to compact to give a complete picture. The seeds of discontent have been sown and probably this marriage is toast.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

He should start planning a exit strategy. Good bet it's only a matter of time

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 1 year ago

"It won't be secret for much longer," - Exactly, so why is it such a big deal at that moment?

mainer42mainer42about 1 year ago

I like your take on the woman's feelings about the matter. Well written

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Succinct but thought-provoking--just like Ann's answer tapped into what is quite likely to pass through a person's mind when thinking about this subject, even if totally not interested in following through. Hypothetically speaking, every writer who tries to portray adulterous stories on Literotica has to consider these questions if they're going to have even a little authenticity to their tales.

Well done. More please.

MLJ

MigbirdMigbirdabout 1 year ago

Can easily imagine the conversation among friends over dinner and how it started. And stilted exchange and introspection on way home perfect/real. Nicely done in such short space.

JH4FunJH4Funabout 1 year ago
Good Read ⭐⭐⭐

I think you brought a story with real emotional insight. While being only 750 words it was curt and to the point. We men have egos and if we really want the truth everyone has emotional thoughts.

We are only human and thinking the thoughts is not actually acting on them. Sharing the thoughts with your significant other may or may not cause issues. In my opinion, if you don’t share them and help each other come to grips on how to deal with them either as fantasies or something else agreed upon by both you will end up with regrets you never believed could happen.

Sometimes you both work through them and move forward together. Other time they can’t be worked through, and you go your separate ways. Once the seed is planted something has to happen and the results are what they are.

I rated your story Good Read ⭐⭐⭐. I believe you do have some interesting thought in your tales. To me a Good Read ⭐⭐⭐ is a tale I will come back to read again.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 1 year ago

That's a very honest story about very real people. Thank you for sharing that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Do these people not talk to each other?

BogieraBogieraabout 1 year ago

Hated it.....but if taken to a full size story it could have been good. But like so many 750 word attempts, its incomplete and completely lacking any depth of character or storyline.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nicely done

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

So, he's married to a skank. Nuff said. Don't need 750 words for that.

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 1 year ago

A short but illuminating and interesting story. Very good. Closer to the truth than what many would like to believe.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Afraid you’re going to get hammered for this one. You dared to present a woman as flesh and blood. One with hopes, fears, and insecurities. You broke rule number one of the raw meat eaters, by not making her either a perfect goddess (far superior to the man’s cheating wife) or an evil conniving whore.

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 1 year ago

An appropriate answer, but hubby can't handle his insecurities

Lifestyle66Lifestyle66about 1 year ago

Insecurity is indeed the issue when either the husband or wife can't stand the thought of their spouse even thinking of sex with another. But let's face reality: How many husbands are here reading porn stories and wondering what it would be like with another woman? How many wives watch romance movies and read romance novels, thinking of themselves in place of the woman on screen?

And they all hide it from each other, pretending to be happily married ... until they're not.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Sequel ?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Hard to squeeze an interesting story into 750 words. You, however, have done it. Good pace. Interesting premise. 5*s.

BenLongBenLongabout 1 year ago

The trouble with 750 words is that it’s hard to tell a story. You have no room for set-up, character development, laying a plot.

I gave it a 4, just as technically it was readable, but there was no meat to this hamburger. You laid the plot, gave a little background - but never touched on the story. I would suggest pulling this, adding something to this introduction, and submit when you’ve got a story. Sure, it’s not going to meet the criteria for 750 words, but I suspect you can do much better than this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nice first effort. I'm Interested to see where it goes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Best I can do is to 2* on this because it has so many questions about what happens and is so open ended. Unfortunately this has become the norm with many LW stories.

statestreetstatestreetabout 1 year ago

Oh, oh! Is there trouble brewing for Phil and Ann? Did her shudder leave an involuntary wet spot on the seat?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I don't understand why this score is so high. It's just another lazy effort at a story because the author didn't care enough to put more thought into it and write a complete story.

lash2718rlash2718rabout 1 year ago

I like Kit’s feminine point of view. But I can’t see why Phil would have such a problem with Ann feeling that forbidden fruit would be a thrill. Her statement did not violate any marriage standards.

Regguy69Regguy69about 1 year ago

Very good.

The problem with 750 words is that it is usually just a scene, not a story. What you have here is an excellent introduction to a complete story. I urge you to use this to write a complete story about these two.

I look forward to your next offering.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago
was this just an introduction?

Finish the story -------

WardenroboWardenroboabout 1 year ago

Very intriguing start!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Yes, we realize it only 750 words, but it does nothing more that Kevin to set the stage - and then drop us off the edge of the black hole of nothingness!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Like most of these 750 word stories interesting but to short.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

My initial reaction was: Is that it? Yet, it does highlight some significant observations:

- She would consider it a thrill

- She would only need to find the time and reduce the risk to an acceptable level

For him, he may have never given a thought to her unaccounted for time or out of town travel. Now it looms large past and future.

Not bad. Three stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Not erotic. Three stars ⭐️, at best, for this one.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 1 year ago

Assuming there's more? Doesn't quite fit in the 750 word shoe the way it's presented... 4*

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 1 year ago

"Shit, Phil thought. It shouldn't be a thrill. Fuck, it shouldn't be anything. She shouldn't want another man. Not because she's busy or might get caught, but because she shouldn't want him."

.

If someone thinks that way, he's deluding himself. If a woman is interested in sex -- and we all want our wives to be interested in sex -- she's going to be attracted to men other than her husband. Monogamy means resisting the other attractions, not that women don't have them.

Cracker270Cracker270about 1 year ago

Very well written, almost flawless. As for the story line. I do hate to be left hanging and consider it to be a contrived ending used by new writers and those lacking self confidence. Neither of those faults apply to you dear writer.

GutsandgloryGutsandgloryabout 1 year ago

Curious if this is a one off or if there is another part in the works.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 1 year ago

Sweetie was having those thoughts 20 years ago. Since she was not yet committed, she was probably acting on those thoughts! No problemo! And, GMABreak, Hubby was also having those thoughts, then and now! The realities of a career, a spouse steadying out the dating problem, then the obligations of parenthood moderate the pro-s & con-s associated with such thoughts. But they exist. Not realizing that Sweetie and Hubby think in ways that are inconvenient to the interests of the other is a giant source of disappointment! Realizing, on the other hand, leads the objective spouse to not ask STUPID questions! Of course, Sweetie (in this instance,) will say “NO!” Or “Hell, NO!” Hopefully, it will be reflexive enough to be believed! Otherwise, it will be heard as, at best, as “Maybe!”

NEVER ask a question you are not prepared to process … and best when you already know the (correct) answer!

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNoabout 1 year ago

Interesting. I've given it a 5 not because I lijed the story, or even as a terstament to the story. I don't like these 750 word challenge stories generally anyway. My reasoning for rating the story a 5 is simple, and that is in the thoghts provoked in her simple etatement of why she wouldn't cheat and his reaction resultant from his own thoughts as to why she should not cheat. And that provokes questions and ideas inmy mind related to or at least inspired by that. Other reasons, other differences, other views of marriage, morality, social norms and the origins of all these thinge in human history, psychology and genetic makeup all the way down to the most premordial levels of our mammalian evolution. And no, I didn't have all these questions and ideas present themselves in my mind. I just recognised in your presentation that there are others both real and potential. And in that,more thoght is both intriguing and needed. And that's worthy if a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Thanks for the warning, dear.

FD45FD45about 1 year ago

:Raised eyebrow:

Yes... the idea of Kate Upton oiled up and rubbing herself all over me. Just...gross. Yuck. Ptui! Not thrilling or enticing at all!

•••••

Are we done lying to ourselves gentleman?

It isn’t anyone thinks. It is what they do.

Jdavis77Jdavis77about 1 year ago

Slut in the making

BSreaderBSreaderabout 1 year ago
Its

An interesting start.

Jetcrash747Jetcrash747about 1 year ago

So you opened that can of worms, Ann is thinking about it, her pussy is starting to drip in just considering getting some new dick! If she is thinking about cheating, it’s only a few lines until she is. Phil better put his big boy pants on cause Ann is going to get some strange meat plowing her little pussy.

26thNC26thNCabout 1 year ago

Best he keeps a close eye on that woman. It won’t take much to turn her into that cheating wife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It is a shame you stopped writing So this could be part of the dumb 750 word challenge. There Is a lot going on in your story that if you had developed it could be very interesting reading and receive high scores.

1 star because I hate seeing a really good plot setup sacrificed for the 750 word project.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This is a plot, and a couple, that do not fit well into the 750-word space. A story still needs a beginning, a middle, and an end, whatever its length. This only has a beginning.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

Shooting yourself in the foot with both barrels!

5

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

Ask me no questions, I'll you no lies!

5

mattenwmattenwabout 1 year ago

In your short story, you portray the two protagonists as if they had married as virgins. Or is the woman too stupid to remember how it was with another man?

JensensloverJensensloverabout 1 year ago
YAWN

What is the OBSESSION with 750 word NON STORIES?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I don't understand what alerted the husband to the wife's response? Or, according to the husband, at the very thought of adultery, his wife should have a stroke? The husband might be outraged if the wife answered something like: "You'd never know." or "I wouldn't let a light adultery go so far as to turn into a long-term affair."

UnassignedUnassignedabout 1 year ago

In some ways, this story is the like the old "we've established what you are, now we're just haggling over the price" joke but in a vastly more realistic setting. Ann's answer makes it seem that, metaphorically, she *might* sleep with someone for $1M (i.e. she'd consider an affair if she had time and the risk was deemed acceptably low) but not for $10 (blowing off work/Phil for a barely-disguised liaison). As her thoughts reveal, she's not *planning* to have an affair . . . but her thoughts imply the possibility, and to Phil as well as Ann, that there just might be some acceptable level of risk at which point she would. Lord help them if she goes on business trips, especially alone; they'd both start doing the calculus.

.

The story is complete as-is, and it's well done, 5*. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing this one continued; it could become something like one of FreddieTheCamel's excellent series.

UnassignedUnassignedabout 1 year ago

In some ways, this story is the like the old "we've established what you are, now we're just haggling over the price" joke but in a vastly more realistic setting. Ann's answer makes it seem that, metaphorically, she *might* sleep with someone for $1M (i.e. she'd consider an affair if she had time and the risk was deemed acceptably low) but not for $10 (blowing off work/Phil for a barely-disguised liaison). As her thoughts reveal, she's not *planning* to have an affair . . . but her thoughts imply the possibility, and to Phil as well as Ann, that there just might be some acceptable level of risk at which point she would. Lord help them if she goes on business trips, especially alone; they'd both start doing the calculus.

.

The story is complete as-is, and it's well done, 5*. Still, I certainly would enjoy seeing this one continued; it could become something like one of FreddieTheCamel's excellent series.

UnassignedUnassignedabout 1 year ago

In some ways, this story is the like the old "we've established what you are, now we're just haggling over the price" joke but in a vastly more realistic setting. Ann's answer makes it seem that, metaphorically, she *might* sleep with someone for $1M (i.e. she'd consider an affair if she had time and the risk was deemed acceptably low) but not for $10 (blowing off work/Phil for a barely-disguised liaison). As her thoughts reveal, she's not *planning* to have an affair . . . but her thoughts imply the possibility, and to Phil as well as Ann, that there just might be some acceptable level of risk at which point she would. Lord help them if she goes on business trips, especially alone; they'd both start doing the calculus.

.

The story is complete as-is, and it's well done, 5*. Still, I certainly would enjoy seeing this one continued; it could become something like one of FreddieTheCamel's excellent series.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Isn't a story supposed to have a plot and character development?

This is merely the posing of a not very fresh dilemma.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Oh, you definitely need to follow up on this story! Good writing & uncomfortably engaging!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What ‘s wrong with you critics who blather on about hating 750 word stories, but you read them anyway? I’m thinking therapy might help your masochistic tendencies and anger issues. This story was CLEARLY marked as a 750 word challenge story. Memo to Jensenlover. You might not fit into the category described above, but try writing and posting a 750 word story. Or for that matter, any story! You might learn something!

Olderman318Olderman318about 1 year ago

This was a fantastic piece of writing to fit into the very frustrating 750 word format.

And I just don’t understand some of the commenters that can’t grasp that’s what this is.

I guess they didn’t read your intro.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I think the reason some of you struggle with the concept of a 750 word story is that it requires you to read between the lines, fill in the blanks as it were. This of course requires two things. A brain and a bit of creativity. Sorry about that

Chuck100Chuck100about 1 year ago

Finish the story and not end it with a question.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionabout 1 year ago

Nope, not a story here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This could be a lead-in to a really fine story.

phill1cphill1cabout 1 year ago

I gave this story a 5 because it seemed realistic and complete.

But, let's be real: ANYONE would cheat under the right circumstances. People don't stop being attracted to just because they are married. The vow is to forsake all others, not to not be tempted to forsake all others.

GamblnluckGamblnluckabout 1 year ago

Indeed a prologue.

Merlin_the_MagicianMerlin_the_Magicianabout 1 year ago

You are still treading water, girl. You need to learn the breast stroke (no pun intended), the backstroke or the Australian crawl because you’re dying while treading water. I couldn’t even stand the thought of reading your four part story about domination. You are the first person her that I have read who I believe has absolutely no socially redeeming value (U. S. SupremeCourt decision). I am not bookmarking anything,adding a story to my favorites or choosing to follow the author. I honestly believe you have some hidden talent but not enough depth (swimming pool joke) to write a great story. Alas, I will never know because I won’t see you ever again - even if you did apologize to your husband and have the kids DNA tested. Too little, too late. Keep trying and let me know if you ever want me to check out a new story. MtM

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This is quite good and begs for a sequel.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Your answer needs to be more matter of how could she. Everyone looks at different people and can be attracted to them but not fuck then . I think flirting as everyone says is healthy I don’t think so . The give an inch that is the start especially I guy if he’s around all the time will keep pushing. A guy that works in a company of 90% woman is fucking a lot of them . He pushes until there is a break . Hubby is out with friends for weekend, business trips often either way, after work drinks and lunch often . He spends all day five d as us a week with them then gets them in social settings capitalized on an argument with spouse or just the work of marriage and children where he’s the ear or shoulder to be fun exciting different. He said his best was when her hubby was away on business for long weekend ( Friday-Tuesday) and their 30 anniversary was on Friday. Drinks at happy hour all left but him and her . She said nothing to rush home for and by 730 in hotel upstairs he was fucking her over and over again . His much younger cock could Cum four times and both took advantage of it . He said while he called she was sitting with his dick slowly moving in her pussy , two fingers up her ass and licking her nipple. They said I love you’s but she was short and let him know she was pissed and he apologized. That started her can’t getting enough of her younger coworker who she had kids older. Every other week hubby would meet her for dinner and he always fucked her on lunch that day and a quick blow job before going down to leave and he’d shake hubby’s hand as the left the office. He got off on that and loved the older married ones because that craved his younger cock and attention from a guy who should want the hot coworker in there age group. Also they will do anything to please him sexually, he tells them all the younger girls are into that . He had an audio of a 55 year old woman that never did anal and him fucking her ass for the first time twice that night . She had to fake her back hurting that weekend because she was walking funny. Crazy but true . The trick to this story is how did she meet his boss to start fucking him

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This is a story. It has an average beginning with a promising plot and some of the characters have been exposed. The author controls the universe and the characters. I enjoy stories with flawed characters and this one has identified 2 flawed characters.

I am certain the story arc is outlined and will be revealed. My editorial or request is a good message would be “Fidelity is a commitment at the beginning of the marriage and it must be earned every day of the relationship. The husband and wife must make the effort to be interesting and interested to keep the passions alive instead of expecting fidelity they must be the most interesting partner. After that is a partner wants more variety then there is another story arc to explore.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Gee, Martin the Magician is a total douchebag in his comment below. What a complete asshole to a new author.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Hahaha…26thNC is acting like his own wife has never thought about straying. But we all know, between his tiny peen, his kink of wearing women’s panties and his obsession with big black cocks, she’s not only thought about it (constantly) but probably has several lovers.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userKitDeLuca164@KitDeLuca164
Married, mother of 2 grown children. Live in USA, Midwest. Was motivated to write after reading GeorgeAnderson’s February Sucks. Was conflicted by the premise of the story and wanted to explore my own thoughts on why an apparently happily married wife would cheat.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES