Promotion Comes With Strings Attached

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

In my head, I started building a list of equipment, interfaces, effects, mics. By the time I got back to Glen's apartment, I was really lost in what I would need, what I wanted it to look like, where I could get a cheap building...

A few beers later, laptop in hand, I found myself scrolling through local real estate pages. There were certainly plenty on offer, and so long as I wasn't choosy about the site, there were some bargains to be had.

After that, it was equipment on eBay. Again, there were plenty of choices. Mentally, I was putting together a list. One-fifty grand would do it. I was stunned, I was actually thinking about it.

That's when I started weighing it up. If it was discreet, and nobody knew, what did I actually lose?"

With the hours Coby and I worked, we only made love maybe four nights a week anyway. I wasn't complaining; when we did make love, it was fierce. She did love sex.

The sticker was could I live with it? In the end, I figured it was a pretty moot point. With the way things ended between us, I didn't think there was any going back.

Sleep was sure hard to come by. My head was a complete mess. I was actually considering it.

Over the next couple of days, I subconsciously started working on it. I even sent off a few emails with questions on some gear that was for sale, and even a realtor. Why, I can't explain; I knew it wasn't going to happen, it was like waking from a vivid dream.

One week became two, I threw myself into work, and at night built an incredible studio in my head. My dream was now well and truly alive...

This whole shitty experience did one positive thing... It brought my dream back to life.

True to my word, I only took my half of the money when I canceled our joint account. That left me the not so glorious sum of twenty grand to play with. Nowhere near enough to set up a decent studio, all the equipment I'd been looking at, yeah. There's no way that would float. Feeling a little despondent, I started searching through the used gear. It was a bit of a come down from the new gear, but it would at least get me started on something. Just a hobby studio, dip my toes in the water. Maybe find a space where I could live and set up the studio.

I already had all the instruments; I just needed the recording gear. I had a little chuckle to myself. I needed to stop looking at the top line gear and find good secondhand equipment...

It wasn't just the studio, it was my life. I needed to stop moping around. Coby, damn it. I missed her, and yeah I was feeling like my life was over. She had been the one shining light in my life. She had been my everything, and now she was gone.

That was until I answered my phone the next day. "Hey, Darren, how have you been?"

"Good, you?"

"I've been better. I miss my husband."

"Yeah, I know how you feel. I recently lost my wife."

"Hurts, doesn't it? Look, the reason for my call. The company is going public with my promotion to VP, marketing. Wyatt is taking us out for drinks after work tonight. I was hoping that you might like to come along and help me celebrate?"

"No, I don't think that's a good idea. Not at the moment, things might no go so well." I wondered if he told her about our fight?

"Please, Darren, couldn't you put aside your anger for just one night. Please, babe, this is important. The company is old fashioned, they still think I'm married. I haven't told anyone about our split, and lots of people asked whether my husband was going to be there.

When I didn't answer, she said imploringly. "Please, babe. There's a lot riding in this. I know you don't think much of me at the moment, I understand that, but if you could do this, it would mean a lot to me."

Yeah, I know. I'm an idiot. "Yeah, okay. What time, and where?"

"About six thirty at the wine bar in the Plaza."

"I might be late. I've got a pretty big day and I need to get home and shower and shit."

"Okay, I love you, Darren. I'm so looking forward to seeing you."

I didn't respond, just hit end call. The boss let me sneak away a little early. It gave me plenty of time to get back to the apartment and get cleaned up. It's not like I was going to fit in, whatever I wore wasn't going to compare well with all the execs in their thousand-dollar suits.

I had always been casual, what you see is what you get. A clean white shirt and a blazer.

Walking into the wine bar, I could see it was full of them. There must have been fifty people, all grouped tightly together. Obviously Voxman's employees.

I walked over to the bar to get a drink. With my bourbon in hand, I leaned back against the bar and cast my eyes over the group.

I spotted Coby in the heart of the group, Wyatt, standing nearby. She was laughing and talking to a bunch of people. The mood was high and she was clearly enjoying being the center of attention.

Damn it, she looked terrific, which didn't help. She looked every bit the executive. Her business suit fit perfectly. The pinstripe pencil skirt finishing just above the knee, her jacket, open, showing off a loose fitting cream silk blouse. Buttoned mostly to the top, it showed just the right amount of flesh.

I appraised Wyatt. He was I guess what most people would call handsome. He was athletic, well-groomed, his obviously tailored suit fit perfectly. He had an engaging smile, and he was clearly held in very high esteem. They fawned over him. He stood above them, he had something, a presence, or authority. Having experienced it firsthand, he was definitely physically strong, but this was different. Here he controlled with the strength of his personality.

I sneered at my own comment, I was jealous, if not that, then definitely envious.

I finished my bourbon and ordered another before strolling, hopefully casually, over to their group. Coby saw me first and rushed towards me, forcing me to open my arms and absorb her torrid embrace. With her arms around my neck, holding tightly, she kissed me. It was full of desire and passion. Her tongue assaulted me, a ravenous feeding beast that showed no mercy.

We finally broke the kiss, both panting. Her eyes latched onto mine and we held the look. "Thank you for coming." She sighed softly. "It does mean a lot."

I smirked. "If you hadn't broken that damn kiss, I would have really come."

She laughed loudly before stepping back and punching me playfully on the shoulder. Grabbing my hand, she led me into the group. She took great delight introducing me to everyone.

Most of the group was pretty happy, but there were a few grumpy ones. Obviously disgruntled at being gazumped.

When we got to Wyatt, he held out his hand, and this time I had no choice. Not without causing a scene. I accepted his hand, and we shook. "Nice to meet you, Darren." His face was calm, and there was no hint of dislike or antagonism.

Coby was right; her PA was definitely hot, and I wondered why Wyatt, wasn't hitting that? But then again, maybe he was, who knew?

The rest of the group was nice enough, but when I said I worked construction, there were a few strange looks. I guess they were expecting me to be in business, like Coby.

I did notice Coby shudder when she heard me tell a couple of the men what I did for a living. She quickly interrupted and changed the subject. She always hated that I never finished college and had no formal qualifications.

Wyatt at least stayed out of my way. He moved away from the table we were at and started talking to other people.

Coby focused all her attention on me. We couldn't really talk about our personal situation because of the close proximity of the crowd. We were trapped in banality, but she made me the center of her immediate universe. She became a little irritated when I started to get a few text messages, which I answered.

I could see the unasked questions in her eyes. A couple of the messages went back and forth. They were from sellers who I had emailed questions about recording equipment.

With my drink empty, I asked, "Do you want a refill? I'm heading for the bar."

She handed me her glass, and said, "Put it on the Voxman's, tab."

"Nope, I'll pay for my own, thanks all the same." She frowned, and my response drew a couple of strange looks from people at the table.

I didn't mean it to come over the way it sounded.

There was a wait at the bar, and it took a while before I returned to the table. As I walked up, I saw, Coby had my phone in her hand. "Fuck." I admonished myself for leaving it on the table.

Passing her drink over, I snapped, "What the hell are you doing with my phone?"

She blanched, replying, "It buzzed, I thought it might be important. We are husband and wife, no secrets, right?"

"Yeah, fat chance. No secrets my ass."

She winced, and that drew a couple of interested glances from the others at the table.

I snatched the phone from her grasp and closed the cover.

With a coy little smile tugging at the corners of her mouth, she said. "There are some fresh messages from recording equipment suppliers." It wasn't an accusation, more a questioning inquiry.

"Looking for new equipment, are you, babe?"

"Yeah, you know me, always on the lookout."

We were interrupted by Wyatt, who was making a toast in Coby's honor. She jumped up and walked over to stand by his side as he made the toast. While she was standing beside him, she gestured wildly at me. "Come up here, sexy." she said laughingly. "This couldn't have happened without your support. Come on, don't be shy."

Everybody clapped, and Abby shoved me hard. "Go on, get up there."

I stood beside her with her arm circling my waist.

Wyatt made his speech, and I had to admit he was good. He spoke well and held the room when he spoke.

When Coby accepted the applause and calls for a speech, she didn't disappoint.

"I have to say a big round of thanks to the whole team. You have all made this possible. I have to especially thank Wyatt, who has put so much faith in me. I hope I don't let him down."

She turned towards me and lifted her head to plant a sexy kiss on my lips. "Most of all I have to thank Darren, my sexy husband. He supported me, helped me finish college, gave up his dream to take on a job so I could focus on my study. Without him, none of this, and I mean none of this, would have been achievable. When I was down, he lifted me up. He was my guide, and mentor. It was him who made me aware of who I was. He taught me that I could do anything I set my heart on."

She kissed me again, and there were tears in her eyes. "I mean that, babe. You were my rock, I will always love you for that."

Wyatt reached around Coby and patted me vigorously on the shoulder. "I owe you a big thanks, buddy."

Coby wrapped her arms around my neck again and pulled me down into a passionate kiss. Her mouth close to my ear. "Thank you, please don't make a scene. He's being sincere."

Coby was dragged off by her supporters and they engaged in back patting. I decided it would be a good chance to get another drink Half way to the bar, I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Lets get a drink."

We walked over to the bar side by side. He ordered whiskey for himself. "What are you drinking, Darren?"

"Bourbon, thanks." The barman walked off to get our drinks, and Wyatt said, "Thanks for coming along tonight. I know it means a lot to Coby. By the way, I haven't mentioned that I came to talk to you. I don't think she needs to know that."

The barman handed over our drinks and we leaned our backs against the bar, staring back at the group. I could see the anxiety on Coby's face.

"Does your being here tonight mean, you have given my proposition more thought?" he asked.

"No, not at all." I lied. "Nothing has changed."

"Coby is still hopeful you know. She loves you, Darren, you must realize that."

"Whatever, I'm over it."

"Jeez, man, are you going to be an idiot all your life? She is doing everything in her power to capture an opportunity. She is trying to build your futures. Okay, I accept it might not sit well with a lot of folks, but the fact I'm an asshole, that's not her fault. That's just me being greedy. I'm using the tools at my disposal to get the best deal, not only for the company, but for me as well."

"You got it part right. You're definitely an asshole."

Before I could stop him, he clinked his glass against mine. "Yes I am, an utter bastard. That's okay though. I know it, I own it."

"How do you live with yourself?" I hissed quietly.

"Darren, I'm comfortable with who I am. I'm happy with my choices, decisions. Put yourself in my place. I think if you did, you might do the same thing."

"Like hell. I could never knowingly destroy somebody's marriage."

"Yes, well, that was never my intent. If that happens, it will be sad. I'm a pig, but I'm not malicious. I always hoped after Coby told me about you that maybe you'd be able to see the benefits. Like I said that day, this could be a win-win."

I could feel the discomfort levels rising. How the fuck could he remain calm like that? "Yeah, well you destroyed a perfectly happy marriage, and for what? A fuck... But hey, what do you care, right? You'll get to fuck her, and you'll get your CEO. So congratufuckinglations, asshole."

He sighed. I saw him sucking in deep breaths. "Don't do it, Darren. I know you don't like me, or what I am doing, but listen to me, pal. If you walk out on her, you will regret if for the rest of your life. I promise you that."

"Yeah, you think I care what you say or think? You've already proven to me all you fucking care about is yourself. It suits your purpose to have me, the happy hubby, hanging around. It looks good for you, her and the company."

"All of that is true. We do promote ourselves as having those big family values."

"Pity the boss can't live by them..."

"Darren, you're getting your panties bunched up over nothing. In eighteen months, I'll be gone and you won't even remember me. Neither will she."

"Crap, man, you can talk shit. You'll still be after her ass."

"No, I'm off to London after I get this finalized and she is in the role. We might bump into each other at some point, but then it would be down to her what happened. I will have moved on. I'm not looking for a wife, or even a partner."

My hackles were up, all his bullshit was making it hard for me to not at least take another shot at kicking his ass.

Coby must have seen it, because she came bustling up to me. "How are you two getting along?" she said softly, her nervous smile twitching.

"I was just congratulating lover boy here on securing his piece of ass, oh, and for destroying our fucking marriage."

I slammed my glass down on the bar and turned to walk away. "I'm glad you got the job, Coby. I hope it turns out to be worth it."

I heard him sigh. "Darren, don't do it..."

I headed for the door with Coby hot on my heels. "Darren, slow down, stop. Talk to me."

I burst out onto the street as she grabbed my arm. "Stop, talk to me."

I stopped, and she pulled me over to the side of the curb. "What the hell happened in there? One minute you were talking, then I saw the steam coming out of your ears."

"Dickhead started lecturing me about how I should be thankful for his proposition. I should be happy he got to fuck you."

"Oh bullcrap. He never said that." she hissed looking around anxiously to see if anybody had followed us, or heard.

"Not in those words, but that's what he was saying."

"Darren, if I know Wyatt, he would have simply been trying to get you to see that this could work. He never tried to humiliate you, never rubbed it in your face. He would never say anything, not to anybody."

"Yeah, whatever. I was telling the truth, Coby. I do wish you well. I'm pissed at the way it's ended up, and I'm angry as hell at him for his part in it. I could happily kill the bastard. I'd go to jail a happy man."

"Darren, can we go somewhere to talk? Please, it doesn't have to end like this."

"Yeah, I guess. One question first."

"No, I haven't slept with him," she whispered. "Let me run back inside and say some goodbyes and grab my handbag."

We ended up back at my apartment, sitting in the bedroom because Glen was home and the bedroom was the only private space. We talked and talked. Sat together on the bed, she kept trying to convince me it could work. Her last comment made me think.

"Darren, you're talking from a position of inexperience, We've never been in a situation like this before. We have nothing to base our decision on. You are taking millennia of human conditioning. Society trains us to react in specific ways. We can't make a considered assessment because we've never experienced it. What harm would there be in trying? If it doesn't work, at least we can say we tried."

We talked some more before she surprised me. "I think you've been at least considering it. I saw all that gear you've been looking at on eBay. You can't afford that. Even if you completely drained our account, which I know you didn't. With the money you have, you couldn't afford it. At some level, you have been at least thinking about it?"

She was right, and I guess my non-answer told her more than more argument.

She leaned across and grasped my head in her hands. The kiss was scintillating, sensual, electric. Her tongue snaked frantically around my mouth. Her tits crushed against my chest, my heart pounding wildly. She ripped at my shirt, and I repaid the favor. Her cream blouse ruptured, buttons flying like bullets. Her gorgeous luscious boobs filled my hands, the tiny push-up bra doing nothing to defend her distended nipples.

Her hands were already frenetically trying to unbuckle my belt, unzipping my jeans.

It took only seconds before her hungry mouth engulfed my erection. It throbbed painfully as she sucked it like it was the last one on earth.

She knelt on the bed, and I reached behind her and tugged madly on her skirt and panties. She wriggled her ass to aid my endeavors as her mouth went up and down my aching cock.

I didn't realize how horny I was feeling. With her skirt and panties gone, my fingers slipped easily into her squelchy little pussy. In and out they plunged, my hand quickly coated in her sticky gooey secretions. God, she was slippery, her swollen pussy clutching at my fingers as they dived in and out furiously.

She stopped sucking long enough to sit up and kiss me. "Make love to me, babe, damn I've missed you. I need that beautiful cock inside me."

I needed no invitation, With her legs wrapped tightly around my hips, I drove my dick deep into her searing hot pussy. "Oh fuck," she growled sensuously into my mouth.

The kiss was powerful and continuous, the frantic slap of our skin as I fucked her with everything I had. Her fingernails clawed at my shoulders, her butt jerked and bucked beneath me as I pounded harder and harder.

My cum erupted violently, and her orgasm wasn't far behind. It was cataclysmic. The world could have ended at that moment, and I wouldn't have cared.

We flopped back on the bed, our bodies slippery with perspiration, our breathing coming in gasps.

"Oh my god, I needed that." She sighed.

"Ditto."

She nestled up against me, her sticky naked body hot, the smell of sex reeked.

Later, she said, "Are we doing it babe?"

"Yeah, I suppose we could try. I don't think I can do it, I'm warning you, but I will try."

She hugged and kissed me. "Are you going to build that damned studio?"

I nodded, deep in thought. "Yeah, I think I am."

"God, I'm so glad. I can't wait for you to get your dream. I always felt guilty you gave up that dream to support me. I'm grateful, but guilty."

She kissed me. "We can go and see Wyatt tomorrow and organize for the advance on my salary. Will one-fifty be enough?"

"I can do it for that. You have to realize that it won't be a top line studio, but it will be a working one, and it will be a start."