All Comments on 'Prophet and Loss'

by MattblackUK

Sort by:
  • 44 Comments
Dunny69Dunny69over 4 years ago
Great start I had to put it down

I stated this and got so angry in the first few paragraphs I had to put it down and then later peak to the end to make sure you got them fkrs hard.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 4 years agoAuthor
Thanks, Dunny

I hoped you liked the end?

No burning of anyone but everyone got what they earned.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Judo

Isn’t ancient.

It was developed in the 1880s by Jigoro Kano, a Japanese educator.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
Matt, help me understand your logic

you had a husband sit at the table and died, another caught his wife cheating, he was angry and did what, "NOTHING". Another killed himself at his son;s grave, another wife is a whore and his version of father hood is that he's a sperm donor. To me either your version of a man is that he is Ball-less or that any version of revenge or BTB makes him less of a man. Its almost like you seem to think if a man defends himself or stands up for himself, he's not a man.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 4 years ago
Thanks, Matt

A nice glimpse into an unfamiliar culture. You are always entertaining. Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
God?

I once read on the wall on a public toilet the following.....

“God is not dead, but alive and well, and at this very moment working on a less ambitious project.”

It was quite a few years ago, but if god exists then the longer I live, the truer the above sounds likely.

johnadpjohnadpover 4 years ago
Uhh, You've Done A Lot Better

I don't know why the head man reached the conclusion that Sally had proposed the idea of being a prophet to Bob, and not visa versa? After all she tells Bob to smite them. Would she tell Bob to do something she didn't believe he was capable of doing? Or was it the Christian belief that women were at the root of all men's failings starting with the original sin?

I think you meant to say Sally instead of Kathy when they leave together after being confronted.

The only part of the story I found interesting was that once you go down basing your thinking on faith, as opposed to logic and critical thinking, then believing in things like prophets, justifying what Bob and Sally were doing doesn't seem that far fetched. That's why Kathy and the MC (at least initially) don't question Bob's supposedly being a prophet.

The story didn't do much for me. I have read a lot better of yours. Not scoring though.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 4 years ago
Clerical chicanery in the new world

Tongue in cheek fun.

saddletramp1956saddletramp1956over 4 years ago
Great story as always

Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Only the worst

elements of the LW audience would score this above 1. The entire plot is childishly conceived and executed. This author has done far better.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 4 years ago
Always keep them guessing!

Matt is the master to the "WTF just happened?" Thanks for the post!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
One more demonstration that experience is measured with a calendar, . . .

skill is measured by results. Seems we have an abundance of experienced writers in Literotica. At least they don't cost more than they're worth.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 4 years ago
Another story where

The rich and successful come to the aid of the oppressed. The second problem was the characters do unbelievable things. The congregation knew he was a profit, how did this escape the co paster?

Didn’t work for me

PencarrowPencarrowover 4 years ago
YA KNOW WHAT I THINK?

I think the author was mulling over the clever little pun on "profit (prophet) and loss" and wondered how to fit a story around this little hook.

Then Lo and Behold Lord, the answer appeared and within 30 minutes the story was written and submitted. Actually, it may have been written even quicker because it read like something from a primary school class.

Sorry Matt, but you've written much better stories than this.

HighpikeHighpikeover 4 years ago
A very clever piece of tongue in cheek

Thank you for a very entertaining read. Unfortunately some of those who have commented haven't read it properly so you get a five from me (as usual). Borra da.

mordbrandmordbrandover 4 years ago
Those religious people

Will believe in anything.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
3*s

Thanks for the story MattblackUK.

It was something else, lol.

I believe you meant Bob and Sally make a runner. Not Kathy as she was not a cheat.

AMerryman

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 4 years agoAuthor
chilleywilley You missed the point of the story

Bob was keeping his status as a 'prophet' secret from everyone except Paul and his two wives. This was mentioned in the exchange between Paul and himself

"So, if I want children, I'll have to find another wife? Is that what you're saying to me? What you're trying to tell me?"

Bob shook his head. "No, Paul, sorry, that is not ordained of you by God at this moment in time. You cannot have a physical divorce because the Empyrean marriage that I have with my two wives is too sacred to be revealed to mere human eyes. Therefore I am sorry, but you cannot take another wife."

He was keeping his prophet status as a secret from his congregation.

The scene in the church was merely a dream in which Paul was processing the crap that had happened to him.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 4 years agoAuthor
Why did Brother Douglas conclude that Sally was behind it?

Because, as his wife confirmed in the story, Brother Douglas really was a prophet, capable of doing prophetic things.,

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 4 years agoAuthor
Thank you, Highpeak!

I'll raise a glass of cwrw in your direction!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
story

WHAT HAPPENED BETWEEN PAUL AND SALLY THEY WERE NOT IN THE LAST CHAPTER

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 4 years ago
Different and interesting

I didn’t find it as your best work but interesting. I read all the way through and was entertained. The story met my requirements.

Thank you for your efforts.

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Rushed

The author seems more concerned about getting to the pun rather than developing characters or a story. It’s not the most original plot in the world, but it might’ve been interesting if it was fleshed out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Not your best.

Rushed ending and a plot that could have been so much more. 3*

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 4 years agoAuthor
For those of you who are wondering

the title came second to the story which occurred to me whilst I was sitting in church one day, between meetings.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 4 years ago
Short and to the point

In your favour no 3 pages of when they met in kindergarten and went on to the perfect marriage. Until he finds out she cheated on him from grade 1. Worth a star for omitting that trash.

The real cheater lost nothing and she goes on to find new cons.

Why did Kathy run off with Bob. After all his bullshit she would have dumped his stupid arse.

The main character then goes on to repeat his error. Next story will be when wife 2 is found cheating.

The story missed on substance. All the elements were there, but nothing to tie the important parts in a story.

stev2244stev2244over 4 years ago

Different, entertaining and very british. Good read.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 4 years agoAuthor
UltimateHomeBody, you are right

An error on my part meant I transposed he names of Kathy and Sally, so it was Sally who fled the scene with Bob.

Good spot by you. Only wish I'd spotted it myself before I put the story to bed!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 4 years ago
Spot on!

I remember hearing a professor of homiletics (preaching) telling his seminary students that the greatest dangers they faced in their ministry were sex and money.

BP

etchiboyetchiboyover 4 years ago
Gotta wonder — did you write the story around the pun?

Or did the pun just happen to fall into place by itself?

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Good story

Bob, as a prophet, should have foreseen this coming. I haven't seen Empyrean used in LW before and that's worth something. Sally got off too easy, but at least she lost her free ride. This doesn't even seem like fiction given some of the scandals actually happening in religious circles in the past 25 years. Good story.

TailakaTailakaover 4 years ago
Pretty good story

The wrap up was a bit rushed. Bob & Sally had a chance to run? I'm surprised they didn't take Police to the meeting to arrest Bob immediately. The assault was good enough to hold him. The General Counsel (Lawyer) certainly wouldn't want Bob free to empty bank accounts and take Pauls money and, possibly, church funds. Paul didn't even get to laugh at Sally when they divorced and she found out everything they owned (house, cars,etc) was really church property. No payout to Sally!

TailakaTailakaover 4 years ago
Churches are great for plots

I'm surprised we don't see church come up more in Loving Wives at least. Churches have good & bad pastors, Revs, deacons. There's power, corruption, & charity money to steal & misappropriate. Some churches have committees that members use to show how important they are. Like how the most important Senators are on Armed Services Comm. Some communities are completely wrapped up with churches so...divorce your wife and the church community becomes hostile. The church is FULL of plots or can bolster some plot ideas at least.

Sorry just thinking out loud! :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Category

Should this have been under "Humour" ??.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
For a moment there...

I thought the old pun about"borrowing from Peter to pay Paul" would come into play.

26thNC26thNCalmost 4 years ago

Again, a good story , but still don't know why old Bob didn't see it coming.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 4 years ago
Just one question matt

why do the men in your stories always get theirs asses kicked?

skruff101skruff101about 2 years ago

Always said church people were mad as a box of frogs.

BigfundrewBigfundrewover 1 year ago

This has great potential and could have been a much more epic tale

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good build up, shitty ending

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 year ago

LOL, where is Jerry Fallwell?

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

5 Stars on a good story . I hope everyone here enjoys it

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMattblackUK@MattblackUK
Writer for over 30 years. Hack journalist, decided to try writing for Literotica, too. And still having fun here 10+ years later