Protecting Marcus

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Myhands316
Myhands316
1,185 Followers

"Well, Mr. Conspiracy Theory over here; is afraid you're evaluating us and our home and such... He's been feeling like you've had us under a microscope.... He's afraid that you'll find some fault. I've tried to tell him it's something different."

"I am not! I'm not afraid of anything...!" Paul defended his wounded honor.

"Anyway... I was saying.... Paul is worried about Beth and Marcus." Anne said soothing her irate husband.

"And what do you think it is?" I had to ask... 'Note to self...' remind myself about questions and honest answers.

"I think you're interested in Beth on a very personal level and she's falling in love with you, if she realizes it or not." Anne stated flatly.

"And you call me blunt." Paul said, as I gasped.

"Well, I do have to go in and check on Beth and Marcus. It's getting late..." Anne temporized.

"What makes you think that?" I asked, still flabbergasted.

"Hormones... it's got to be the hormones." Paul said looking at his wife in wonder.

"I've seen the little pats and caresses, the look in your eyes when you think no one is watching, and you shake yourself every time before you went in to see her. In one way it's very cute, in another, very dangerous." Anne said ticking of her evidence on her fingers.

"What makes you think I feel that way?" I asked trying to ascertain just how deep I was in it.

"Oh please; a woman as good looking as you, with your confidence and power... you're only single because you want to be, or you're a lesbian. I've watched the men drool after you and you're totally oblivious. I mean some of them were, make your knees go weak, good looking guys, and not even a twitch of interest. Sooo; that can mean only one thing...."

"Beth asked me to be her friend... That's what I'm trying to do." I tried to evade. I'd never been caught out like this before.

"Honey, if you're not.... Let me know, because I've made a big mistake." Anne looked stricken for a second.

"You're Gay? Man, the guys are going to cry when they hear that.... I have to keep putting them off from giving them your number. They keep asking." Paul added stunned, finally catching the drift of the conversation.

"No, I'm not gay... I hate that. Makes me sound like some stupid vapid Barbie doll! Yes, I've dated women before... I'm not going to lie to you. But, I'm not even sure Beth... I mean I'm not trying to hit on her... Damn, I don't know if she even be interested in me...." It had been awhile since I was so flustered, but they had me dead to rights. "What do you think about all this?" I tried to turn things around so I could gather my thoughts.

"What... are we howling, homophobic, bigots?" She asked in a teasing voice. "No, I've known for some time my sister's interests went both ways. She's still my sister and I love her. Well, to be honest, she only had one girlfriend, and many boyfriends. I know she was called Ice Queen by the boys..." Anne left the sentence dangle.

My head was spinning, what should I do...? What should I say? I was about to say something... anything when Marcus came out.

"Ms. Tish... mommy is crying in her sleep." He said sleepily.

"You go to her and I'll settle him down in his own bed." Anne said as we all got up. As we walked in, she added in a whisper. "If you hurt her... there will be no place to hide."

"I think we both know better than that." I answered looking her in the eye. "Goodnight buddy, you've got school in the morning." I told Marcus as I kissed his cheek.

I went in and saw her moaning, with tears on her face. She was closer to the wall, giving Marcus room to stretch out. So, I scooted as close as I could. She jumped as she felt my body next to hers. Her eyes snapped open and met mine. I opened my arms to her and let her find the comfort she needed.

"Hold me please." she begged, as the dam burst. I rocked her and held her close. I'd kiss her head and murmured that it would be alright. Fifteen minutes later, I tried to get up, but she held on tight. "Don't go...." She whispered and I snuggled back down. I don't know how long I stared at that ceiling as my mind tumbled out of control.

I was woken up by the sound of a shower going. I tried to orientate myself and realized I was tangled up with Beth's arms and legs. I looked at my watch, noticing I had to get going if I wanted to get to work on time.

I went to the hall bathroom and tried to straighten myself up, but let's face it, I looked like I slept in my clothes, because that's exactly what had happened. I washed my face and tried to get my hair to cooperate. I knew I needed a shower or I would be walking around with bed head all day. I snapped out of my trance when I caught the blessed smell of strong coffee.

I stumbled into the kitchen with my shoes in my hand and found Paul filling his thermos. He scooted a cup in my direction. "Thanks..." I croaked in gratitude.

"You might think about bringing some spare stuff over, if you plan on sleeping here again." He smiled, taking in the sight of my wrinkled clothes.

"I didn't plan anything... She's resting...." I said as I took my first big gulp of hot coffee, willing the caffeine into my system. "Thanks again, I have to get to work." I emptied my cup and put it in the sink. As I was heading to the front door, I was met by a sleepy eyed Anne wrapped in a big fuzzy robe.

"Don't forget to call her this afternoon..." She said rubbing her eyes. "She's always happier after hearing your voice. Dinner is at six thirty; let me know if I need to set another place." She gave me a quick hug and shuffled into the kitchen to get her waiting cup.

***

Beth

I don't know what's worse, being an abuse survivor, or having people treating you like broken glass? Okay, so I've lived through a crash, I'm getting stronger every day. So what if I'm not able to be at my best yet? What do people expect from me? What in the hell do I expect of myself?

I know my boss expects me not only to keep up with current work, but to also somehow make up for the weeks that I couldn't work. Like I planned being in the hospital, or like I've done something to be punished for. I know he's looking for any excuse to fire me. I wish I could get another job, but in this economy, I'm lucky to have this one.

I know Anne and Paul expect me to make some big move against Emil, but I don't even want to think about him, let alone try and confront him. I know it's small of me, but hopefully he'll just get tired of his games and move on. Hopefully back overseas so I never have to worry about him again. Oh, I know that's just wishful thinking, but I don't have the strength to go looking for a fight. I know Marcus just wants everything to be okay and not to have to worry. It's a damn shame I can't promise him that.

The only wild card is Trish. I honestly don't know what to expect from her, or what she expects from me. She isn't pushy, but I know she's holding something back. Her voice is enough to brighten my day and I honestly like her. But, is that all there is to it? Why do I feel drawn to her? Why does Marcus trust her? What does she want? I can't stand the look on Anne's face, like she knows something I don't, when it comes to Trish.

These and many other thoughts cascade through my head as I tried to focus on the end of week report in front of me. I needed to get it done so I could make it on time to Marcus's appointment. I was glad Trish offered to drive us. I knew Marcus would love to see his 'Miss Tish' again. If I didn't agree with him on that, I might have become jealous of my son's affections toward a certain tall sexy woman.

I refused the temptation to look and see if that grey car was there again. I finished my report, printed it out and took it to my boss. I didn't like the feeling I got around him anymore. Something had changed while I was in the hospital and he was acting a lot differently around me.

"Here is the Weekly report Mr. Moore." I placed the report on his desk, waiting for him to release me. I knew he'd make me wait. It was part of the change. He personally inspected every bit of my work for mistakes.

"There are three typos" He said, looking at the document. Do it again and get it right Ms. Williams." He tossed the report at Beth, dismissing her.

"Where sir...?" I asked, looking to make the changes as quickly as possible so I could get out of there.

"Find them... that's what I'm paying you for." He snapped.

"But Mr. Moore, I have a court appointment. I have to get going. If you could point them out, I can have it done quicker...." I tried to reason.

"I told you, no more appointments unless you clear them with me first. You work at my convenience, not the other way around. I make the schedule, not you. You need to make your appointments on your own time, not mine." He lectured.

"Mr. Moore, I don't have a choice in this. If the judge says be there at two; then I have to be there. I'm trying to make all my doctor's appointments either at lunch or after work, but we work the same hours as they do." I knew he knew this, but he made sure to correct me every time.

"That's not my problem... As far as I'm concerned, as soon as you make up the ten thousand dollars you've cost me, you're fired. Just because it happened during work hours, doesn't mean workman's comp had to be involved. One more work time interruption, and I'll fire you anyway." He waved Beth out the door. "If you are done before five, come back and finish your job. I don't want to hear about the lack of baby sitters or anything else. You need to decide what is more important, all these appointments or the tenuous hold you have on your job."

I was almost in tears, as I walked out of the office. I knew there was a reason behind the changes, but to blame me for the accident and the bills was just unfair. I also knew I had to find another job, the sooner the better. I knew the moment Mr. Moore could, he follow through on his threat to fire me. I was so upset; I almost walked in front of Trish's car as she pulled up.

"What's wrong Beth?" Trish asked as soon as the door closed. I told her about what my boss had said.

"So, I need to find another job, but until I'm done with all the appointments, no one will hire me." I finished helplessly.

"What a load of bullshit. He can't fire you. That's part of the problem. It's out of his hands. You might want to ask for a transfer, but the decision to fire you has been taken out of his hands, you're a corporate case now." Trish tried to reassure me. "Did you let the school know we're picking up Marcus early today?" Trish changed the subject.

"Yeah, I sent a note. They should have him in the office waiting by the time we get there." I tried to relax in her fancy sports car.

"It will be okay." Trish said as she put her free hand on top of my cold trembling one. "This is just a formality. We sign over the paperwork and the judge releases the temporary orders. Everything goes as planned, and we start looking for you a place to live... simple."

"Nothing in my life is simple." I had no idea how true those word were. We chatted all the way to Marcus's school. I had a tinge of fear when I saw a similar grey car to the one I thought might be following me. Nothing could have prepared me in seeing Emil standing there with a smirk on his face.

"What are you doing here?" I yelled, as a teacher's aide was walking with Marcus to the office came into my view.

"Taking my son...!" He smiled evilly. "I have a court order." I reacted instinctively.

"Get away from my son, you monster. You'll never get him." I screamed and placed myself between Marcus and Emil.

Trish saw everything and turned to the closest person and ordered. "Call 911. There's an attempted kidnapping going on." She joined Beth and told the teacher's aide. Take him into a classroom until the police get here... now!"

"Who are you? You can't tell my son what to do... I'm taking him... I have paper that says I can." Emil spat at Trish.

"I'm an officer of the court. We have paperwork that says you cannot come within one thousand feet of Beth, Marcus, their dwelling, school, daycare or places of employment. We'll let the police and the judge decide who is taking Marcus and where." She crossed her arms in front of her, stepping one step closer to the irate man in challenging posture.

Emil balled his hand into a fist, wanting nothing more that to knock the look off Trish's face. What he got was another challenge. "Go ahead and hit me.... I dare you! Then the police can take you to jail. I'm not afraid of you." Trish never backed down from a fight and wasn't about to start now. She looked so beautiful standing there defiantly.

"I'll deal with you later." He spat at me.

I was about to retort, when Trish told me. "Let him say what he wants. I've informed him that I'm an officer of the court. Everything I see, hear or witness; can be used as legal testimony. Let him hang himself." She put a hand on my shaking shoulder.

"But what happens when we're late to court?" I pleaded, worried.

"Don't worry, the police will have a log and that's twice as good. It will be okay, I promise." She was going to say more, but the sirens approaching said enough.

The words kidnapping and school, is enough to get even the most hardened cop's blood pumping. Within a minute there were cops everywhere. Emil, being aggressive, made a big mistake. As soon as the cops got out of the car, he started yelling at them, trying to get his way. He finally shut up when they ground his face into the grass, cuffing him.

Trish just waited as the principal and other school personnel came out to meet the cops. She had Marcus's file, and the copy of the paperwork that was presented to her. When the supervisor came up and asked.

"Okay, what's going on? Are the children in lock down, who's being or has been kidnapped?" She asked in rapid fire questioning.

"The child in question is safe in a classroom. No need for a full lock down, everyone is here and accounted for." The Principal said dismissively

"He has accomplice's... He's used one before." I shouted from behind Trish.

"Who is he, and yes I want a complete lock down and roll call... now." She told the school people. "Who are you?" She asked Trish.

"I'm Trish Hafez, the original case manager for the minor child... we were picking him up for a court date pending in Judge Warren's chambers at two. Could you have someone call the court and let them know we're held up here please?"

"Yeah sure.... We who...?" She asked pulling out her note pad.

"Myself, and Mrs. Williams, the child's mother..."

"What's the child's name?"

"Confidentiality officer.... Can we take this out of public view?" Trish asked.

"Yeah... okay.... Is he or she still on campus?"

"Yes, I had him sent into a classroom, when I told them to call 911, until you could get here." Trish explained her actions.

"Good call. Let me release some of these units, and I'll meet with all of you in the Principal's office. Have the child there too." The supervisor said as she motioned an officer over to watch them.

I couldn't control my shaking as Trish led us into the office. I could feel each tick of the clock on the wall as a physical blow. The young officer followed, as Trish told the office clerk to have Marcus brought in. A few minutes later, another officer, escorted the frightened aide and Marcus. Once he saw me and Trish, he broke away and ran to us. The office ladies and police officers paled when the little boy asked.

"Did daddy try and kill you again, mommy?"

"Again...?" Asked the supervisor, as she walked in.

"A couple of months ago, he had one of his friends run me off the road. It was the last time he tried to take my son." I said, while trying to sooth my upset son.

"That is why we're supposed to be in court today." Trish added. "The judge is supposed to release the temporary orders that were put in place while Mrs. Williams was incapacitated."

"He had a signed court order releasing the boy to him." The Principal said in her own defense.

"From which court?" Trish asked before the cop could ask the same question.

"Here is his file." She handed over the documents. The police officer looked everything over, knowing Judge Warren and his signature. She saw the other court order was from out of state.

"This was issued in absentia, from out of state. It isn't enforceable here. It's out of their jurisdiction." The cop said looking at the Principal.

"The instructions we have, said the child couldn't be released to anyone not on the list unless they had a court order. He showed us a valid court order. Our hands are tied. We can't get involved in all these domestic cases. We don't have the man power. We are under staffed as it is." The principal stood straighter, trying to look important and failing.

"Well next time, and I'd check with your legal department, but only current, local and or state; court orders are valid. If they have an out of state order, they can have it processed through the DA's office to make it a local order." She explained the newest changes to the law. "Do you think he would have taken the child out of state?" She asked us.

"The last time he had a passport ready to take him out of the country." I said hugging Marcus. The cop just looked at the Principal, giving her the message of how bad she had screwed the pooch.

"Well, the judge wants everyone in chambers, so we'll escort you to the court house. We can get the rest of the information there for the incident report. I'd say we were lucky this time. You might want to tighten up security here at the school." She wrote down what information she needed and walked us out to Trish's car. She watched as we put Marcus into his car seat and motioned the young cop to escort them to the court house, before going back to her patrol car.

When we got to court, I kept looking around nervously. "What's the matter?" Trish asked.

"I feel like I've done something wrong." I said "People are looking at us with the police around us like we're criminals." I held Marcus's hand tight, not wanting him to get lost in the big building.

"No, protection... if we were criminals, we'd be in the back in orange pajamas chained to the seat. Something your ex is going to experience soon I think." She rubbed my back as we waited.

"Weren't you afraid of him? He might have hurt you." I asked, and shivered at the thought.

"Nope... I have an older brother and I can take him down two times out of three. Besides, If he hit me, then he would go to jail for a long time. Either way, it'd be worth it." Trish smiled at the thought of Emil going to jail.

I wanted to say more, but we were joined by Anne and Paul and had to tell them what happened. As we talked, two officers escorted a mussed up Emil into the court room. He looked like he wanted to say something, but Paul took a step forward and watched as the cops pushed him, none to gently, into the room.

It was almost five when they were finally called in front of the judge. He listened to the cops, Trish, myself and even asked Marcus a few questions, before he addressed Emil, who kept trying to say that since he was a foreign national and didn't live in the state, that they didn't have final say on his son. This of course, just irritated the judge.

"Alright Mr. Mel'ak, I've heard enough. The police can process you for the incident at the school today. I'll let the DA decide if they are going to press charges. As it pertains to custody, I'm issuing a temporary order stating that Mrs. Williams, the biological mother, will have sole custody and care of the child. I'm also issuing an order to have you investigated for possible revocation of parental rights. I will hold a hearing on this matter in six months." He explained exactly what that meant.

Myhands316
Myhands316
1,185 Followers
1...34567...10