Puppy Love Ch. 03

Story Info
Jack & Luke share apologies, confessions and a beach day.
5k words
4.71
3.1k
10

Part 3 of the 6 part series

Updated 07/07/2023
Created 05/10/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 3 of 6

As usaual, any comments or feedback is welcomed.

Sunday morning Jack's phone ringing woke him up from a self pity slumber.

He was still mortified from misreading Luke and angry at himself for taking a chance - when he swore he wasn't going to date anymore. Above all else, he was devastated that he destroyed what could have been a fantastic friendship.

Luke's name flashed on the screen.

His first instinct was to ignore the call... let the humiliation he felt settle until they both 'forgot' it ever happened - but Jack couldn't do that to him. He felt Luke was owed a better, more coherent apology.

He answered the phone, his voice hesitating "Hello?"

"Jack?"

"Yeah... h-hi Luke."

"Are you ok?" Luke's voice was full of compassion and concern.

Jack's voice was soft "Honestly, I'm so ashamed... I don't know what to say."

"You don't need to say anything... everything is fine." Luke reassured him.

"Fine? How can you say that after I hit on you last night?"

Luke gave a small laugh "honestly Jack, I'm kinda flattered. Since Chris left, I haven't really thought much of myself."

"Flattered? Luke, doesn't what I did it upset you? Aren't you angry? Don't you hate me?"

"Look, Jack, don't blow this out if proportion. You kissed me... that's all. I feel so bad that you're beating yourself up over this - and I don't hate you! Please don't think that!" There was a brief pause "plus you're a really attractive guy, so I'm flattered."

Jack let out a long sigh... a mixture of relief and disgust. Relieved that Luke was still willing to be friends, disgusted with himself that they were even in this position to begin with.

"Do you have any plans today?" Luke asked "Do you want to bring Theo over and just hang for a while? We could play video games, watch some Netflix, or let the dogs watch Hallmark movies..." he laughed.

Jack hesitated... but eventually let out a weak laugh "if you're sure."

"I'm positive. Plus I'd like Theo and Olive have some more time together. He's so good for her... you both are."

"Ok... I'll get cleaned up and we'll both be over soon. Thank you."

Jack got dressed... a pair of black shorts, a grey v-neck tee, and his favorite white Converse. Comfortable and in no way trying to be anything other than a friend.

-

Jack took a deep breath and knocked on Luke's door... immediately followed by the sound of feet thundering down the stairs.

"Wow, you got here sooner than I expected. Sorry, I was just about to take a quick shower" Luke explained

Theo bolted into the living room, Olive sniffing around him, the new besties giving each other happy tails. Their barking was becoming louder, there was a clear excitement in it. Laughing, the guys reached for their dogs and separated them

"My god, she's been quiet all morning. Theo shows up and it's yappy hour." Luke said while smiling.

Jack smiled right back "he's got that way about him... a real chick magnet."

"Ok, I'm gonna get cleaned up. There's beer in the fridge, help yourself. I won't be long."

Luke ran back upstairs and Jack heard the shower turn on a moment later. Wandering around the first floor checking the place out, closely followed by the two dogs. The space was clean and bright, not the typical space you'd think of when 'bachelor pad' came to mind. Jack eventually stopped in the kitchen - taking a beer from the refrigerator. He stood there. From the sounds around him, the bathroom was right above. He could hear the rush of water upstairs.

Jack visualized Luke in the shower. His long curly hair - now wet and hanging down his back - full of bubbly lather as he washed his dark, sweet caramel streaked hair. His back arched, with his head tilted back into the spray to rinse the shampoo from his hair. His wet cock jutting from between his thighs, his big balls firm and ripe. Again, Jack couldn't help but wonder about Luke's dick... more so now that he'll never have it.

The muscles in his tight body tensing and flexing as Luke soaped himself up. His ass spreading - his hole trying to peek out - as he bent over to wash his legs and feet, the further he leaned the more his pucker winked - the warm water caressing his hairy crack.

Jack found himself jealous of the washcloth Luke was holding... wishing it was him gliding over Luke's body. Disappointed he wasn't the one touching the areas he'll now only have to imagine - because friends don't soap up friends in the shower.

The dogs were barking at the back door, snapping Jack into reality... they wanted to go out. Jack checked the back yard. Fenced in. Gate closed. Everything looked fine.

He was about to open the screen door when he realized his cock was hard. It was reaching for the handle on its own. The coldness of the aluminum, the subtle textural imprinted design, could be felt as it traced its way through his shorts... straining to see for itself. Shifting his weight, Jack tried separating his dick from the fabric. Not wanting to part with each other, Jack slipped a hand in his pants and physically directed them to separate corners, like boxers retreating between rounds.

Fuck, he thought to himself, you're supposed to be proving you can be a good friend without any sexual expectations and the minute you think of him you get hard!

Jack tried to redirect his thoughts, he needed something to focus on that wouldn't excite him. He tried thinking of Reve, picturing her naked - although he really didn't have to picture it, he's seen everything... an unfortunate chain of events stemming from a poorly timed shower after a run - but it wasn't working. Now he was imagining Luke naked with Reve!

He returned his attention to the dogs "ok you two, hold on"

Jack yelled up the stairs, in the direction of the shower "Luke, is it alright to let the dogs out in the yard?"

"What was that? I can't really hear you" Luke called "come upstairs and talk to me."

Oh no, that's not a good idea, Jack thought, not good at all.

"Never mind" Jack yelled back "I'm going outside with the dogs."

Jack opened the door and let Olive and Theo loose. He followed them outside, watched them run around the yard for a while, and took a seat on one of the steps of the deck that lead down to the yard.

When he heard the shower turn off, he knew Luke was done. Jack closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths. If he was going to prove he could be a platonic friend to Luke he was going to have to learn to control himself. He was addressing his dick specifically.

Jack could hear Luke running down he stairs again. The fridge door opening... the sound of beer bottles clanking together, and soon Jack came through the door.

"Shit it's beautiful out... not too warm, not too cool. It's a great summer day." Luke sat down on one of the deck chairs and patted the empty seat next to him "c'mon up, sit... relax."

As Jack stood, ready to make his way back up to the deck, he noticed Luke - dressed in a pair of lightweight blue pajama bottoms and a thin white t-shirt - and his dick began to stir again.

Jack plopped down on the seat Luke offered. He was intently focusing on not looking at Luke too long - making a concentrated effort to acknowledge him yet not stare.

"So tell me, are we ok?" Luke asked.

Jack made an attempt at a chuckle, but it ended up sounding like a cough "you're great... I need a little work."

Luke laughed "Why do you think you need work and aren't perfect just the way you are?"

"Perfect people don't hit on friends... or at least people they barely know hoping to become friends."

"So if I hit on Reve, that would be ok?"

Jack paused "yeah, I suppose so... but that's different. It's not the same thing.

"Is it because we're both men?"

"Let's not forget you're not gay or into guys" Jack's voice wavered "that's the most embarrassing part."

-

"Jack, when did you realize you were gay?" Luke's voice turned introspective.

"I've known as long as I can remember. I never considered there were options... until I started hearing things from guys in school. Why?"

Luke was now staring directly at Jack

"What if nobody ever told you?"

"Told me what?" Jack asked "I'm not following."

"When Chris, that's Christine just to avoid any future confusion" they both laughed "left me she just didn't leave for a another job, she left me for a another person. She left me for another woman."

Jack continued staring at Luke.

"I never realized that was a possibility.... not at this stage in my life. I always believed you were born gay and loved someone gay. I never saw this coming. I thought we were happy. I thought we knew each other. Then to be dropped out of the blue... for a women! Was I just an experiment? Did she just use me to find out if she was gay?"

"C'mon Luke, you know that's not true. You're in your twenties, I'm sure you know people live, or have lived, their lives in the closet? Bisexual people existed before Chris left you."

Luke's face changed dramatically. He looked heartbroken, like someone just told him there's no Santa Claus. Everyone knew a secret and they were hiding the answer from him.

"Jack, I'm thinking... afraid... I'm bisexual? I think I might be... or maybe could be..." He stopped talking and did that thing Jack always does when a situation was uncomfortable, he looked at his feet.

-

Luke tilted his head back, draining the last of the beer bottle, and returned to looking at his feet.

"You know, when you kissed me last night, I wasn't offended... or mad.... or anything other than confused. I enjoyed it. Fuck I loved it! I never kissed another guy before, and I didn't know how to react. I always wanted to be with a guy, you know, try things." Luke sighed as pink blush filled his cheeks "I've always considered myself straight - but then everything that happened with Chris - left me wondering if I always thought I was straight because I was told I was... do you know what I mean."

Jack reached over and touched Luke's arm. "Just because you enjoyed a kiss from a guy doesn't make you bisexual.

Luke quickly stood up "do you want another beer? I could use another beer."

Jack got up and followed him back into the house. Luke twisted the tops off two more bottles, handed one to Jack, and almost downed his entire second bottle in one gulp.

Jack reached over and took Luke's beer. "Here, I'm gonna hold onto this for just another minute or two, Ok? Until we talk some more"

"Let me ask you" Jack pondered "Are you more scared of being gay - or let's say bi - or more scared of admitting it?"

"I'm more scared of not being sure. I loved kissing you, even if it was just a short kiss, it made me feel warm and happy. I'm surprised I felt that way and I want more."

Jack set the beer bottles down on the counter, moving closer in front of Luke. He melted as Luke wrapped his arms around him, pulling them together, chests touching, in a tender embrace.

"You don't have to figure this out today. You can work it out at your own pace and decide what makes you comfortable."

As Luke held him, Jack could feel a stiffening against the thin, lightweight fabric of Luke's pajama bottoms... something pressing against his thigh. A firmness growing between Luke's legs. Luke was getting hard.

"Will you help me figure this out?" Luke's voice was strained.

Jack smiled "of course I will."

-

Jack broke away from the hug "Ok, let's go out and enjoy this day!" exclaiming "I call for a beach day!"

Luke was excited. "The beach? I haven't been to the beach in forever!"

"Settled then... beach it is. Put on some shorts and grab whatever you need for Olive. We're having a daddy/doggie day in the sand."

It didn't take long for Luke to pack a big duffle bag.

"We'll swing back to my place, I'll grab some things for me and Theo and we'll hit the road."

-

Top down on the car - men and dogs piled in - they took the short drive back to Jack's. He packed a bag too and the group headed off.

"So where are we going?" Luke asked

"It's a surprise, but I think you'll like it."

Luke looked a bit concerned. "A surprise beach... interesting."

Jack hopped on I-676 headed for I-95

Everyone was quite for a while... the guys lost in thought, the dogs noses in the breeze.

"Jack, can I ask you something?" Luke was shy.

"Of course."

"Can we kiss again? W-would that be OK?

Jack reached over putting his hand on Luke's knee.

"Luke, you know it would be... but I just want to make sure you've thought this through. I don't want anyone getting hurt."

"Ok, I understand that... but right now my brain says it wants to - and that's what I'm trying to follow."

Jack let a wide smile spread across his face.

The rest of the drive popped between short rounds of silence and the occasional sing-a-longs that spontaneously erupted when particular songs came on the radio. They both were thinking about Luke's request, but each was trying to put it out of their minds - each were processing it differently.

"I haven't been to the beach in forever. Mike and I used to come here on a regular basis, but when we were over... it just felt so sad. I'm excited to make this trip."

Passing a 'Welcome to New Jersey' sign, Jack eventually turned off the Garden State Parkway into Gunnison Beach - leading to a large parking area. The guys unloaded the trunk... bringing the bags they packed, and headed toward a sandy area, greeted by a sign "Sandy Hook: Beyond This Point You May Encounter Nude Sunbathers."

"You brought me to a nude beach!?" Luke asked shocked

"Yeah... I think it has to be one of my favorite spots - if you get your timing right. You don't want to be here when it's super crowded."

They rounded the corner from the parking lot, it was just as Jack hoped, the beach was busy, but not too packed. Men and women, ages ranging twenties to eighties dotted the expanse of sand.

"I-I don't know if i can do this" Luke stammered.

"Not even if I promise to kiss you?" Jack winked, clearly testing and teasing Luke.

Luke laughed and stood up straight "Ok then, first time for everything."

They strode to the far end of beach that allowed dogs, dotted with signs reminding visitors to keep pets close and clean up after them. All in all, it was warm with a beautiful view of the ocean. A pleasant breeze coming off the water. They picked an open piece of real estate in the back against the dunes.

"So... what do we do now?" Luke blushed

"We get undressed. We can lie here a little.. or maybe walk the beach."

"If it's alright with you, I'd kinda like to observe a little." Luke was still soaking in the experience.

"Fine with me. Gives me a moment to..." Jack stopped mid sentence and leaned over to kiss Luke.

He started slowly with a gentle kiss on his lips... just a peck. Luke didn't react - he didn't back away, but he didn't kiss him back either.

"Was that Ok?" Jack asked.

Luke nodded.

"Can I kiss you again?"

Luke nodded again.

Jack went in for kiss two, He was still gentle, but this time Luke kissed back. More than just a peck - a deep, slow, hot kiss.

Luke immediately turned away, unable to face Jack.

"So, was it that good or that bad?" Jack asked puzzled?

"it was everything I hoped kissing a guy would be" sounding a bit breathless and giddy.

"Good. I'm glad... cuz I'd like to do more of that if it's okay with you?" Jack smiled.

Luke didn't answer, he just leaned forward and threw his arms around Jack's neck pulling him in closer for another kiss.

Jack let out a small, accidental laugh into Luke's mouth. It wasn't that the kiss was bad, it was more how great it was. How warm and sweet it was.

"What... what did I do?" Luke asked, a little surprised.

"Nothing! It was great. You're great! Honestly - you don't kiss anything like a guy who doesn't kiss guys" Jack laughed "You're quite good at this. Very sensitive."

Luke bit his bottom lip, slowly a grin crept across his face, creating a full, bright, beamy smile.

-

With their towels out on the warm sand, Jack and Luke laid next to each other... waiting for Luke to be comfortable for a stroll, while Theo and Olive laid between them. Jack reached over and took Luke's hand in his. There was a brief hesitation - Luke wasn't sure it was something he could do... out in public - but it quickly gave way to a firm grip on Jack followed by a heavy sigh. Jack's eyes were closed, but the sound jolted them open. He rolled over to find Luke smiling back.

"You still OK?" Jack asked.

"I'm slowly feeling better." Luke smiled in return.

-

"I think I'm ready for that walk... that is if you still want to" Luke said apologetically.

This would be first time each of them would see the other unclothed. As much as Jack was tempted to look while Luke stripped, or while he laid there on his towel working up his nerve to stand, Jack respected his privacy... he didn't want him to feel he was putting on a show - Jack wasn't going to risk whatever, if anything, they had going by making him uncomfortable.

Jack felt confident. Ready to lead Luke across the beach... to be his escort for the afternoon. Luke's usual confidence had dropped away. He was nervous, unsure where and how to look. Would he be judged? He was proud of his body, but would this beach full of stranger feel the same way? Would Jack accept him?

"You ready?" Jack whispered

Luke nodded his head, a large lump forming in his throat not allowing sound out.

Standing up, Jack took Luke's hand and assisted him up. Their eyes met in a way they hadn't before leading up to this moment.

Trying to be subtle, trying not to appear eager, Jack glanced at Luke, and was awestruck. His 5'7" frame had elements of a much larger man. A thick dick- large even while flaccid. A broad chest covered with a coating of hair across his pecs, moving down to a six pack stomach, and working to his bush... trimmed but full. His circumcised rod was stirring, getting hard while it arched away from his body. Embarrassed, he placed his hands over his package.

A tattoo of three claw marks, as if a wild animal had ripped the skin of his chest open - inked red inside revealing what would be meaty tissue underneath - on his left pec and a strip of Chinese symbols on his back, across his left shoulder blade. Both of his nipples we're pierced, each having a small, silver barbell slipped through them.

Jack smiled. He liked everything he saw - it was better than he could have imagined. He tried to resist gawking, but curiosity got the better of him.

"Luke, turn around for a second... I want to make sure you don't have sand on you"

He turned around, showing Jack a gorgeous, full, round ass... lightly cloaked in the same man fur as his chest.

"No, you're good" he laughed quietly.

Jack stood there, still in awe, and noticed Luke noticing him back. He wasn't going to flaunt himself, if Luke had any interest in him he could look when, or if, he was ready.

"Yo, Jack, turn around for me... I'll check you for sand too." Luke laughed and smiled brightly.

Busted. Oh well, it was nice checking out Luke's ass anyway.

-

"Umm.... Jack" Luke sounded strained "you have a really nice body... if you don't mind me saying so."

"Thank you, so do you."

Jack was flattered, it had been a while since anyone had shown any interest in him. After Mike, Jack did everything possible to avoid being noticed - of blending in. Jack could feel Luke's eyes on him... sending chills throughout his body. He wondered, did Luke like what he saw?

"Can I ask... do the claw marks mean anything?" Jack asked

"Oh, I got that a week or so after Christine left... when I realized it was permanent. Symbolizes her ripping my heart out." Luke took a deep breath and sighed.

Curiously, Jack asked "and the symbols on your back, what do they back mean?"

12