Pushing the Limits Ch. 03 - Jean

Story Info
Stand-alone story - A wife travels to console an old friend.
7.6k words
4.55
8.4k
12

Part 3 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 04/10/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is the third story of the Bangor series, but a standalone story in its own right that does not require you to have read the previous instalments. The first two stories involved Mark's sexual discoveries. Here, we focus on his wife Jean and her visit to her friend Rebecca.

**************************************************

The satnav in the car directed Jean to a row of Georgian redbrick houses, quite close to the centre of Bangor. Jean knew that Rebecca and Peter were financially comfortable, but she never expected such a fine residence.

The drive had given Jean plenty of time to ponder why it was her that Rebecca had called in her hour of need. Yes, they were very close when they were in college, but that was fully a decade ago. The truth is that both women had moved on with their lives, been married, moved from their homes. Surely Rebecca, the bubbly thin blonde with the outgoing personality to match her looks had gained new friends since those days.

It wasn't that they had lost contact. Jean and Rebecca spoke on the phone a couple of times each year, swapped Christmas cards, birthday presents, and even met up most summers. But for Jean at least, she would no longer consider Rebecca a confidant. Her closest friends now were probably her workmates Sinead and Emily, or maybe her sisters in law Elaine and Kyra. She wondered; how difficult must Rebecca's life be now to have to go back to her old college roommate for support?

Near the end of the tree lined street, Jean turned into the grey pebble drive. Unsure of quite what she was walking into Jean steadied herself before opening the car door to get out and take her bags from the boot. She had packed several different outfits, from the most basic casual wear to formal evening wear, she was prepared for all scenarios.

Jean had been into the office that morning trying to clear her desk before the week off. She was still wearing her office attire, a white blouse under a fitted black ladies suit jacket, the black and white complimenting her Auburn hair that draped and curled over her shoulders. She wore a charcoal pencil skirt over a pair of transparent black tights, with the office look rounded off by a pair of shiny black pumps. Jean liked this outfit simply because it fitted her at size 10. Having quite a curvy figure she often needed size 12 to fit her chest and hips.

Jean walked up to the glossy royal blue painted front door, finding it slightly ajar, and rang the doorbell. She waited. Rang it again. Waited. She knocked, called Rebecca's name, but no answer. Finally, Jean pushed the door and let herself in. With no sign of Rebecca, she checked the living room. Coffee cups, plates with crusts of bread, clothes strewn on the floor, the place was not quite upside down, but for Rebecca, who had always been meticulously tidy, this was a total mess.

Jean made her way back to the front door. As she did, she heard a call from the top of the stairs.

"Jean! Sorry I was having a rest!"

At the top of the stairs was the short, thin figure of Rebecca, silhouetted by the light from the window on the upstairs landing.

"Rebecca, thank heavens, I was worried. Did you know your front door was left open?"

"Eh...," Rebecca stumbled with her words, "yes I left it open for you".

Jean knew that she was lying, the girl was clearly a bit of a wreck. Jean moved towards the stairs and held her arms out.

"Come here to me," she said.

As Rebecca descended the light balanced out on her visage and it was then she noticed the changes in her friend. Rebecca was always petite, but she had clearly lost weight. She had also cut her hair, now sporting a blonde pixie cut. Worryingly though she could see the yellow marks of a fading bruise above her eye and down the side of her face.

"Oh hunny!" As Rebecca came closer Jean placed a hand on the bruised side of the face, took a brief moment to examine it, then pulled her friend into a tight hug.

Holding Rebecca's body tight to her own, Jean could feel Rebecca's ribs through her grey cotton tracksuit.

"Have you been taking care of yourself, have you been eating?" Jean questioned, with a clear concern in her voice.

"Yes, I.., well I haven't been that hungry," Rebecca replied.

"Well tonight I am making dinner," said Jean, pulling the slight girl tight again and giving her a peck on the cheek in a reassuring way. Rebecca blushed.

"There's no need, really".

"I insist," Jean answered back quickly. Then parting from Rebecca, she started up the stairs. "Which room am I in?"

"The large room at the back. Do you mind if I wait here while you get settled?" Rebecca enquired.

"Of course, I will be down in a while." Jean smiled back.

***********************************

It was 7pm and Jean was busy putting the final touches on the Moroccan lamb stew that had been simmering away on the hob for the past few hours. A good filling meal is just what Rebecca needed. Rebecca appeared at the doorway of the kitchen, still clad in her ill-fitting grey cotton tracksuit. "I have the fire lit now I am just going to shower and change before dinner," she said.

"You are fine as you are Rebecca. Here, sit into the table we can eat now."

Rebecca did not need a second invite. She sat up at the kitchen island and Jean duly placed her dinner in front of her. The moment the plate was put in front of her Rebecca grabbed the spoon and dived into the food. By the time Jean sat in beside her the plate was half cleared.

Rebecca only stopped to ask, "Are you sure you are comfortable?" She looked down to see Jean's tight skirt riding up her thighs as she clung to the high stool. She did not look comfortable.

"Don't worry about me, you eat up." Jean smiled and placed one hand on Rebecca's upper arm. Rebecca responded by smiling and placing one hand on her thigh.

Jean was a little surprised by Rebecca's touch. Looking up she locked eyes with Jean. "Thank you. Thank you for everything." Rebecca smiled then lifted her hand and continued on with her meal.

After dinner the two women sat on the sofa. Rebecca fetched them both generous glasses of Irish Cream Liquor. Sitting in front of the blazing fire Rebecca opened up about the torment that she had been through, Peter's physical and psychological abuse, how it had worn her down to a point that she felt worthless. Eventually Rebecca was close to tears, and Jean pulled her in close once again so that she could rest her head on Jean's chest. Jean stroked her blonde hair and reassured her that things would get better.

Rebecca was joyed by Jean's reassurances. Jean had always been so calm, so wise in stressful times, she was the first friend she called when Peter left. Indeed, she was the only friend she could think of. Without noticing, her circle of friends had shrunk since she was married. She had blamed herself for not making enough effort, but with Peter gone, she was starting to get perspective. It wasn't that she didn't have time for friends, but that Peter did not allow her time. Part of the reason she now felt so lost was that she had unknowingly become used to his controlling, domineering manner. He was gone now, and while she could feel a weight lifted, she was unused to being free. Her life, her interests, her personality, all of which had been buried, were slowly re-emerging, and in truth she was not sure how to handle it.

Rebecca actually felt herself relax slightly as she rested on the cushion of Jean's large round breasts which slowly lifted with every breath. It was a tender moment the like of which she had not enjoyed in years. The feeling of Jean's soft fingertips on her scalp. How nice it was to have this kind of physical contact instead of the violence that had come to dominate Peter's nature.

It hadn't slipped Jean's notice that for the second time that evening Rebecca had rested her hand on Jean's satin clad thigh. What had slipped her attention was that Rebecca was slowly drifting off to sleep.

Looking down at her sleeping friend Jean could see past the changes. She did not see the new haircut, the shapeless clothes or the fading bruise. Instead, she saw the cute nose, the full red lips, the perfect cheekbones- the pretty face of her old college pal.

Jean gave Rebecca's arm a gentle stir. "Come on, let's get you to bed."

***********************

With Rebecca back in her own room, Jean set about dressing the bed in the spare room. It was clear that Rebecca hadn't changed the sheets in some time, but Jean didn't mind.

Lying in bed drifting towards sleep she thought about how pleasant it had been to embrace her friend. She thought of her husband Mark and their lack of intimacy. Her encounter with Rebecca had reminded her of the kind of intimacy that they used to enjoy every day, but was now rare - not the sex - that had reduced too - but the close physical contact.

Jean drifted off to sleep, but woke up again, this time with fright as the sound of a shriek carried through from Rebecca's room. She jumped out and ran straight for the other bedroom. She was met with the sound of moans as she found Rebecca tossing and turning under the duvet.

Jean bent over the side of the bed and rubbed Rebecca's arm. "Shush, shush..." she repeated. Rebecca's eyes opened.

"What, where am I, where is he?" asked Rebecca in her confused state. "Jean, oh Jean I'm sorry did I wake you? I was dreaming, I'm so sorry."

Jean sat on the edge of the bed, leaned over and put her face next to Rebecca's ear. "It's okay."

"Thank you, Jean, please wait with me for a while, I don't want to be alone."

"Don't worry, I'll wait all night if necessary." Jean lifted the duvet and slid underneath. Lying behind Rebecca, Jean rubbed her bare arm as the two women tried to get to sleep. This proved more difficult than Jean expected. The heavy duvet was very warm.

"Rebecca are you still awake?"

"Yes, are you okay?"

"How do you sleep like this, I'm roasted?"

Rebecca giggled. "I just love being wrapped up in the duvet, I feel secure. But I also have a simple solution."

Rebecca lifted Jean's hand from where it rested on the pillow and placed it on her own bare waist.

"You're naked!" Jean jumped at the touch. Rebecca burst out laughing. Delighted to see a smile on her face, Jean pretended to push her away and laughed back. "Well, I'm not doing that. But I will kick off my pyjama bottoms."

The shapely brunette shuffled as she pulled off the bottoms of her traditional cotton pyjamas, careful not to slip off her lacy panties in the process. Rebecca turned over in her direction, rested her head on her shoulder and put her arm around her. "Jean, I just need you to hold me for a little while."

Without hesitation Jean wrapped her arm around Rebecca's back and placed her hand on Rebecca's bare waist. She felt a little uncomfortable given her state of undress, but she was not going to deny her needy friend.

After a couple of minutes Rebecca slowly pulled closer to Jean, her right breast now separated from Jean's left breast by only the cotton cloth of Jean's pyjama top. Jean was able to bury her discomfort because of the gentle pleasure she got from this friendly embrace. That changed however when Rebecca slid her leg over Jean's, the feeling of their smooth soft skin contacting causing her to jump and take an audible sharp intake of breath.

"Oh, I'm so sorry so sorry," pleaded a clearly anxious Rebecca, pushing back and beginning to move away from Jean.

"No no, you're okay," said Jean, "I was beginning to doze and got a surprise." Jean had been perfectly awake but felt guilty about pushing Rebecca away when she was in this state. Jean reached down under the duvet with her right hand and pulled Rebecca's knee up over her so that their bare legs entangled. To compensate for her reaction and to show her affection, Jean turned her head to kiss Rebecca on the forehead. At the same time, relieved that Jean was not giving her the cold shoulder, Rebecca reached up to kiss Jean's cheek. The result was that their lips met almost perfectly.

A brief split-second was all that it lasted for, but it was long enough for Jean to note the softness of Rebecca's lips. Though clearly just an accident, neither woman acknowledged what happened, and instead they both drifted off to sleep while still in their embrace.

*******************

Sunlight peered through the gap in the curtains, and it was enough to wake Jean. She woke in a happy daze, with the warmth of another body against her. It took a few moments for her to remember that this was not her husband, but that she had moved to Rebecca's bed during the night.

It was then that Jean took notice of their position. Jean had slept on her back with her left arm still around Rebecca's shoulder and her hand resting on Rebecca's side. Rebecca, lying slightly lower in the bed, slept on her side facing Jean, resting her head between Jean's left shoulder and left breast. At some point during the night, she had slipped her left hand between the buttons in Jean's pyjama top and now her arm lay across Jean's midriff with her left hand effectively cupping Jean's right breast. Jean's hips were turned slightly in Rebecca's direction, and Rebecca's left leg was still raised but now between Jean's two legs, their bare smooth skin pressed together.

Jean noticed a slight scratching feeling against her left thigh. Then she realised this must be Rebecca's trimmed pubic hair rubbing up against her leg. Jean was slightly alarmed, not just because of the compromising position in which she found herself, but because she found it so pleasing.

Jean began to carefully disentangle herself from Rebecca's petite body. As she pulled her arm out over Rebecca's head, she could not help but admire her pretty facial features. The beam of light coming through the curtains now glistened on Rebecca's bare shoulder. The slight shadow of her clavicle on her smooth skin was a beautiful sight that Jean soaked in while sliding her right leg across Rebecca's soft but firm left thigh. As she did so Rebecca shifted slightly, and her knee pressed against Jean's panties. The touch against Jean's groin caused a slight sensation, enough for Jean to take a sharp intake of breath and her heart to flutter. As a married woman, a straight woman, she was enjoying this too much. Jean rolled to her side, climbed out of bed and without stopping to get dressed went downstairs to get breakfast.

Rebecca awoke to find herself alone once again. After what had started as a turbulent night she now felt as relaxed and calm as anytime she could remember. Her thoughts drifted to the gentle sensation of Jean's body against her own, the soft cushion of Jean's breast and the tender but brief kiss they had accidentally shared.

The smell of fresh coffee wafted up the stairs, Rebecca grabbed a robe and made her way to the kitchen. She walked in to find Jean behind the kitchen island, serving up a plate with what looked like eggs benedict and a toasted bagel.

"To think I forgot how good you are at cooking!" Rebecca smiled as she sat up on the high stool. "I have to return the favour. Maybe tonight I will make dinner?"

"Another night, sure, but I have already got tonight planned." Jean had always been a good cook. When they shared a house back in college their housemates nicknamed Jean 'Mammy' because of the way she took care of everyone. "Tonight we will go all out, three courses, a nice bottle of wine. And, no tracksuits, we will both get dolled up as if are going on a girls night out. It's time for you to start feeling good about yourself."

"I'd really like that." Rebecca grinned to herself as she sipped her coffee.

"I think I will have a quick shower" said Jean as she walked around the island revealing her beautifully shaped and tanned legs below her slightly oversize pyjama top. She noticed Rebecca staring. Embarrassed she said "Sorry I forgot to get dressed before coming down."

"No, I don't mind, I don't mind at all" Rebecca blurted out, a little too enthusiastically, almost spitting out her coffee in the process. Clearly slightly anxious, Jean turned for the kitchen door giving Rebecca a little peek of her of the bottom of her bum cheeks as she left.

With Jean gone Rebecca released a deep breath. 'Get a grip Becks!' she thought to herself.

******************

It was evening time and Jean was milling away in the kitchen. Rebecca did help out, she spent most of the afternoon tidying the house that she had let go so badly in recent weeks. She also set the table and brought in some shopping, but she knew that the kitchen was Jean's domain and so she left her to it.

Having finished tidying the front room Rebecca followed the tempting smell of lemon and herbs to the kitchen. Jean was there with her hair tied up, apron on quickly moving from station to station. As she finally placed a tray in the oven, she let out a sigh; "Phew. Now if you don't mind, I am going to go upstairs and get changed. Don't worry I will be back down before the timer goes."

"Perfect, I think I'll do the same," replied Rebecca.

"It shouldn't take you long to put on that tracksuit," Jean joked. Rebecca laughed as they went into their separate rooms. In 24 hours her friend's mood had been lifted and tonight Jean wanted her to forget her worries.

********************

Jean was dishing out the starter when she heard the clack of heels coming down the stairs. In walked Rebecca in a stunning blue sleeveless minidress. The dress had a high neckline but an equally high skirt. Rebecca's bare legs were on full show and complimented by a delicate pair of strappy blue stilettos. The outfit beautifully complimented her petite figure and her slim softly toned legs looked long and spectacular. She had self-styled her hair with her long blonde fringe falling one side of her face. She used a cool makeup palette to complete her sophisticated stylish look.

"Oh hunny you look terrific," Jean approached her carrying two glasses of Prosecco. "Is that the dress you wore to the College Christmas Ball?"

Rebecca blushed. "Yes, it's actually a bit big on me believe it or not! Oh and you look pretty fabulous too!"

Jean was wearing a red figure-hugging dress that perfectly accented her neat curves. With a low-cut neckline, a slit in the skirt running up her thigh and a pair of glittery pumps she oozed sexuality.

"You brought back the old Jessica Rabbit look I see," said Rebecca almost laughing.

"It's not quite that, but I have always loved a red dress" Jean smiled back.

The two friends sat across from each other at Rebecca's modern glass topped table. Jean had prepared a luxurious high class meal. For starters they had Scallops with an Italian herb sauce. The main was a showstopping roast duck with Marsala gravy and the dessert was a light raspberry and strawberry roulade. They did not hold back with the drinks either sharing a bottle of Beaujolais after a couple of glasses of Prosecco.

They chatted, laughed and reminisced about their college years - the nights out, the boyfriends, the misadventures. Every now and then Jean thought she noticed Rebecca looking at her breasts. The dress showed a lot of cleavage, and it was perhaps a distraction for any person. At the same time Jean couldn't help but stare through the glass tabletop at her friends stunning legs, like an art installation just left there for her to admire.

Finishing the roulade and emboldened with alcohol, Rebecca wouldn't let it pass without comment. "I'm glad you're enjoying the view." she said in a jovial but slightly mocking tone.

"You're one to talk, you've spent half the dinner looking at these," Jean replied as she pushed up her cleavage with her hands.

Rebecca laughed loudly, accidentally spilling a small drop of wine in the process. "I'm lucky, I get the boobs and the legs!" she nodded down at Jean's legs under the table, the slit in her dress having ridden right up to the top of her left thigh.