All Comments on 'Putting the “Lit” into Literotica'

by BobbyBrandt

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
teslaownerteslaowner4 months ago

Interesting, but it is time to put it in action and give us another Brandt family story, perhaps about JR's and Rocky's kids. Please!!!

Elaine_MatureElaine_Mature4 months ago

Interesting. Yet I don't think a glossary of English-teacher terms can get me very far in producing 'literature'. Sure by dropping those things in there, I might create something a teacher will assign to a class to illustrate a term. Not at all sure it results in readable stories about approachable characters that make you think and review your own life.

My boys described English teaching as 'like a robot that just changes its own batteries'. Meaning English teachers teach students to be English teachers.

I have a more kind interpretation. By helping students appreciate how stories are put together, some writers can find a mechanism to structure their efforts, maybe increase their output.

Thanks again!

nthusiasticnthusiastic4 months ago

Excellent explanation of the basic ‘ingredients’ of creative writing. There’s also the classic conflict: Man versus Nature. Without any conflicts or challenges, your story would be as flavorless as a bare pizza crust. (Note the use of a simile. 😀) Thank you for sharing your talents with us.🙏👏

dreaming_dailydreaming_daily4 months ago

As an ESL speaker I am fascinated by this information. But this is not only relevant to stories in the english language? I presume that it may well be the same in my own language, which is Dutch. Need to see if that is correct.

Ranger001Ranger0014 months ago

To Elaine_Mature: good point, but Bobby was kind enough to give some of the authors on this site who perhaps missed the significance of these ideas "Way Back When" an opportunity to refresh ageing memory now that they see the reason they're attempting to write. (Yep- that's a lo-o-ong complicated sentence!)

To Bobby - thanks! Your attitude (helpfulness) in this work is greatly appreciated.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy4 months ago

Thanks for your thoughtful article! For me, great characters might outweigh other considerations.

5

MorraRoseMorraRose4 months ago

Thank you for taking the time to write this. There can be so much to the craft of writing, that it helps to have some of it broken down into bits and pieces, to gradually put it all back together again.

i1dryi1dry4 months ago

Thank you. I understand why I enjoy most of your stories. Now please get back to writing. ;-).

Seriously there are many here with the raw talent and with good ideas that would do well to employ some of what you have presented.

Keep up the good work!

I 1dr Y

MediocreGingerMediocreGinger4 months ago

I really wish more starting authors would read these "how to" s Sometimes I like to read stories just for the raunchiness of it but I like a comprehendible story to be told. If I wanted baseless plotless sex well there's plenty videos for that. I've always thought sex has a mental aspect if it's to be any good so I like my smut to be engaging instead of word vomit. One issue that I haven't seen here yet (hopefully never) is people getting AI to write smut stories and then posting them. I know Reddit has been infected with the AI bug worse then C19 could have ever dreamed to be. So thank you for trying to help authors make their works more presentable and comprehensible.

RasmatRasmat4 months ago

Funny. Just yesterday, it occurred to me that I had not seen anything from Mr. Brandt in quite a while.

Then this little gem popped up.

I don't think it was offered as a "How-to" (build a story) but more as a "Bill of Materials" with Options explained.

Even as brief as they were, his definitions or explanations surpassed those from my high school English teacher provided over a half century ago.

Sadly, most of those who might be enlightened or possibly inspired by this will pass it by.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBobbyBrandt@BobbyBrandt
I have ventured off into some new literary territories lately, such as publishing my first middle-grade adventure story, which you will not see published on Literotica. I also have a dystopian adventure romance in the works, but since I don't post any part of a story until i...