All Comments on 'Putting The Past Where It Belongs'

by moreandmore

Sort by:
  • 90 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

m&m thanks! I liked the premise, but almost felt like two different stories. Two different personalities by the MC. Part 1 being his revenge & actions taken by MC, then part 2 where he does a total about face on how he handles his business and expressive thoughts. Still i enjoyed it. 4.5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

They would have offered her the morning after pill after reporting it wouldn't they? Children born out of sexual assault even if they're allowed to be born tend to be an ongoing issue for the mother. I've actually met a woman with a child conceived this way, a whole mess with her ex boyfriend. I'll admit I'm a huge a-hole but I had to ask why she decided to have it and she claimed religious reasons. Of course since that was the only reason I could imagine but I was just surprised since she was a party girl that was always high and never went to church so I was kinda taken back. Whatever this was in the bible belt so it seemed to fit. However she couldn't take care of the kid herself. The kid lived with grandma because of the emotional trauma and everything. She hates how she can see her ex in the kid. Super sad. Anyways I really don't fault Faiths bf at the time for bailing, it's a little much to ask of someone when there's many other options available. There's even adoption for you never abort types, but it's never ever considered.

Freaking Darcy and her family ghosting him after her AP tried to kill him is just cold. One could guess it was out of shame but the possibility of anger over her AP dying still exists. It would be nice to have seen a hint or two as to why she just vanished. Normal folk would have out of shame but cheaters aren't normal folk.

PowersworderPowersworderover 1 year ago

I liked the beginning, but saddling the betrayed husband with an unlikeable single mom ruined the ending. Why was Faith unlikeable? Because of this:

"he left when I needed him the most"

Then maybe she shouldn't have destroyed their relationship by keeping the rape baby. What kind of masochist would keep a permanent reminder of being drugged and raped? Also, girls know what kind of reputation frat parties have, so her boyfriend had every right to be furious at her for going. Faith blaming her ex-boyfriend for not being there for her after she ruined everything was a massive red flag. She was stupid, self-centred, and incapable of taking any accountability... Danny was a fool to get involved with her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent story by an excellent author with proficient spelling and grammar to give this an easy flow. 5 stars.

tangledweedtangledweedover 1 year ago

It's fire ant season again here in LW

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You got 5 for the joke.

ZippityDoDaDayZippityDoDaDayover 1 year ago

Decent story line but oh so lacking on an emotional level. Great sense of humor. And final comment; it is against the law to transport an uninsured patient to another hospital.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 1 year ago

Fire ants. Hurts to even think about. I read a similar story, details lost in my memory banks, that similarly featured black flies. The stuff of nightmares. As always, I enjoy your writing style. A fun read. Thanks very much.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

Liked it. The raw rage at the beginning was reasonable and handled well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"Our best friends are originally Darcy's friends from college, ie Trent, Ginger"

This at the beginning of the story pretty much telegraphed where the story was going. Statistically, women usually cheat with people they know well...ie co-workers, close friends, neighbors and ex boyfriends, lovers or husbands.

Staking Trent out over an ant hill is an old form of torture. He just forgot the honey. Staking him out at least gave Trent a chance of survival as compared to a shotgun blast to the face. Revenge is an act of passion; vengeance is an act of justice. Always choose justice.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 1 year ago

Good story.

Joke is funny.

Thanks moreandmore.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Felt choppy to me and lacked drama. No real explanation why she cheated or if there was seduction by either. Just the lame ā€œi dont know whyā€. Also no words on why faith kept the rape baby. Sure, not the babys fault but no words on why keep it rather than morning after pill, abortion, adoption. As for her boyfriend i honestly dont blame him. I wouldnt ghost her but we would not be exclusive and marry. Friends at best if she lets it happen and maybe sex but with protection. And how did he know it was not his kid? Wait until after graduation meant sex? Not marriage?

lukeshortlukeshortover 1 year ago

Pretty good, but feels like it was written to a "formula".

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This one grew on me as it progressed. The MC was unlikable for a long timeā€¦.immature, yes, but aimless. Lack of any real substance. Not very bright. Etc. Even failed at doing a ā€œrunnerā€ā€¦had to run home to Mommy.

.

But as the narrative progressed, so did his maturity. Meeting Faith saved him. By tne time the story concluded, the title of this piece made sense. The quality of the story just snuck up on me. Good job.

.

4 ****

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 1 year ago

I liked this story, and disagree with all the negative comments, especially Powersworder's explanation of why Faith was unlikable. My impression of Faith was different. And the change in Danny was integral to the story. Well done! 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So what happened to Darcy?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The fire ants were a nice touch. Perhaps the MC was channeling an ancestral Apache.

" I headed to Walmart to buy a GPS blocker." These are illegal, sad to say. Your government wants to be able to track you. And there is no "reasonably priced health insurance". O'Fucka took care of that.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 1 year ago

Good little story. Life isn't a cake walk but it's better here than most places.

mainer42mainer42over 1 year ago

good story and as usual, well written

GrandPaMGrandPaMover 1 year ago

A very fun read with those touches that make it seem so very real. That is an infrequent comment and praise from me, so cash that for all it's worth. ;-)

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 1 year ago

Good quick read with just the right touch of levity.

Yep, the joke at the end was great.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well, in moreandmoreland, 3 pages is practically epic. This lovely tale got a QuickMagazine 5, reminded me a bit of some of those JPB voyage through life tales. Loved the happy ending, and Danny making peace with the past. The joke was an LOL 5, too. Meanwhile, johntcooksey, I think the story you remember is "She Was On Target" by Skippy47, in which the villain's security guy was tazed, then subjected to fire ants. Powersworder objected to Faith and made valid points. However, I'm inclined to give her a pass from her past due to immaturity. Just as Danny wound up doing for himself and Darcy.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

Wow! Lots of hate in the comments. I liked it. I didn't agree with the main character's use of prostitutes, but I understand it given his broken heart and destroyed confidence. I thought that the post-shooting healing was very believable and he found himself a good woman. Good job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Absolutely love staking Trent out on an anthill to be eaten alive. Easily the best revenge I have ever read on this site. The cheating skank got off too easy.

BeBopper99BeBopper99over 1 year ago

5* for a quick excellent story. I had my own encounter with fire ants...definitely no fun.

Omart57Omart57over 1 year ago

Great story, M&M! Loved it!

BentNotBrokenBentNotBrokenover 1 year ago

... "bad for the environment"... hahaha. There's your clever humor. Thank you and welcome back M&M. Please keep 'm coming šŸ˜

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved the story but he had nothing to apologize for at the end. It was all on Darcy.

RanDog025RanDog025over 1 year ago

Good story! I even got a laugh at the ending joke. Marriage does that to some, lol. 5 BIG & FAT STARS!

jflindersjflindersover 1 year ago

"If Darcy and I had the conversations that Faith and I still have we'd probably be together. "

Why? It isn't as if Darcy cheated because she didn't know they were supposed to be monogamous or because she thought he'd be ok with it. He just wasn't supposed to find out.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 1 year ago

Van1 will be proud of the nod and the joke. Good story too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Started badly But story vastly improved.

Out of work but still going on weekends instead of spending week looking for jobs and weekend researching jobs elsewhere and improving resume by online classes etc.

Didn't know anything about guns!?

Fire both barrels learn a big lesson.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowover 1 year ago

Fantastic.

Love the nod to Van - and the joke!

LordGeoffreyLordGeoffreyover 1 year ago

Great story, TYVM.

An alternative punch line is, "No, it'll just seem that way."

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice one.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 1 year ago

4. Enjoyable but I dunno, felt kinda lacking. The initial revenge was okay, fire ants is some nightmarish stuff, but everything after such as him running away, his wife's non-explanation and then disappearing, Ginger being a complete non-entity, Trent shooting him and dying unceremoniously, Lacy just dropping out of the story, and then Faith showing up just all passed by at a rapid pace. Wasn't anything bad just without as much substance as I might have liked if that makes any sort of sense.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 1 year ago

Interesting story. I've not read the fire ant cure of adultery before. There was significant emotion in the discovery but there seemed to be a general lack of emotion in the loving. 4* from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thanks for sharing..

I liked the story,I gave it a 4*...The joke I gave a 5*

Elias1Elias1over 1 year ago

Love your stories....

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 1 year ago

Luckily, the prosecutor can't get "attempted murder" out of victim being staked out over a fire ant mound. Those things kill millions of sick, lame or new-born animals every year. Incapacitation is the common factor. Several years ago, a wreck victim trapped in a vehicle overturned in a dry coulee was killed by fire ants.

.

'After devouring a stack of pancakes and coffee I understood why Bob liked this place.' The Village Inn!! Nice touch. Or is it touche?

.

The money quote: "Well, the first cut is the deepest so those that follow are punished without cause." Excellent point, and a well-written sentence. The inclusion of pre-marriage counselling is both authentic and something that in real life should be part of every engagement. What was also particularly good was that you avoided hyperbolic characters and actions. Yeah, what Danny did to Trent was extreme but wholly believable! Wow... what a great story. Thanks! 5++++++++/5!!!

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitover 1 year ago

That joke was great!! Good story...thank so much for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Some good humor in this one. First time in LIT I recall Fire Ants being used for revenge. Love the line about The Village Inn, we all need a place to hang out. Maybe he gets a dog called Buster too! Thanks for the story.

69gman69gmanover 1 year ago
Excellent revenge

Wow fire ants.. I always appreciate your revenge stories. "Taking a Bite Out of Halloween"

https://classic.literotica.com/s/taking-a-bite-out-of-halloween

is my favorite of all. Thanks for your humor and style. 5*****

muskyboymuskyboyover 1 year ago

OK story but Darcy walked...... He took a bullet and the cheater got the anthill, and she ended up getting the house!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This could have turned into a very erotic story had the main character not been such an insecure fool. A weekend of wife swapping would have been so much more fun than destroying your life.

MwestohioMwestohioover 1 year ago

That joke was great! And good story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I love this author's stories (except for the incest one), so max props.

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 1 year ago

We do get moreandmore every time...quality that is. Thanks for the joke too, yes heard it before but it's a great one...

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 1 year ago

diet soda joined the bread

those are not healthy. diet soda has chemical sugar in it ingesting chemicals is poisoning ur self thats not healthy. and bread is just fat cells waiting to happen

njlaurennjlaurenover 1 year ago

The Romance at the end was a bit bland, but the emotion at the beginning was heavy duty. Staking him to a fire ant hill? You must have read a lot of Saddletramp stories,wow.

One note,with 50k bail cash bond would be 5k.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 1 year ago

ah Brownsville also known as boystown man that place was fucking crazy in the late 80s and early 90s

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 1 year ago

The faith-based hospital shipped my welfare ass off to the county hospital.

lol that line made me laugh ty

Vandemonium1Vandemonium1over 1 year ago

How dare you! Infidelity is no subject for laughter! And how dare you steal my concept!

Can i take my tongue out of my cheek yet?

Well done mate.

Iā€™ll never forget how happy I was when I saw my missus walking down the aisle toward me. My heart was beating fast and the excitement was unbearable. It seemed to take an age but eventually there she was standing besides me. I gave her a loving smile and said, ā€œGet the trolley over here, Love. Theyā€™re doing three cartons of beer for the price of two!ā€

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 1 year ago

"Gotcha. I was married at the time so I always tried not to avoid eye contact. Well trained wasn't I?"

im interested in what u were trying to get across with this phrasing

so he was married so he tried to AVOID eye contact. so women didnt think he was coming on to them? was the "not" not suppose to be there? its hard to tell bc u leave out words like "was" and "to" and "be" so it logical that u would add words that have no place and have seen that here multi times maybe a better proofread or maybe an editor if not one here maybe a friend or family member

SarahwithloveSarahwithloveover 1 year ago

Yep, this was a good one. I liked the glimpse into the mind of a raging man faced with infidelity. You created a well formed image with your words. Spent a few years in Scottsdale, know all about fire ants. 5 bright stars

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

This is a pretty good story and almost deserving of 5 stars.

One big quible and one deal-breaker downgraded it to 4:

1. I absolutely hate the whole prideful "I won't hunt down child's sperm donor for child support". Because it is SO SO SO FAIR to your first father and later future husband, to pay to raise someone else's child.

2. The very very ending - literally the last line- ruined the story's enjoyment for me. NO, this shouldn't have been a required conversation. Exclusivity is a built in default assumption in any marriage. You had the blame placed on protagonist where he was 100% blameless. HE didn't cheat on her, so it wasn't about his "maturity". He paid the price because he was unfortunate enough to marry a low-morals crap person, not because he was somehow "too immature to have a conversation stating what should have been an absolutely obvious thing".

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionover 1 year ago

I liked this story a lot, so much so I gave it 5-stars.

Now a true story. When I was around 8 years old a new family moved in next door to where I grew up. They had two boys, the oldest was ten and the youngest was around 6 months older than me. We were playing Cowboys and Indian's; I was the Cowboy of course and they captured me. Between my yard and there's there was an empty lot and we had problems with fire ants back then. They held me down on a fire ant hill until they started getting stung trying to hold me down. Dad was at work, mom was shopping and taking my youngest sister to her dance practice. My middle sister was at home, luckily, she was 12 years older than me, she grabbed me and threw me into the tub and ran cold water on me as she stripped off my clothes. Afterwards she sat next to my bed with a needle and alcohol popping the white heads on my back as they raised up and kept wiping me down with cold towels. My fever spiked at 103 degrees but the cold towels with the fan blowing kept it from going higher. There was no place on my back that you could put a nickel down and not cover at least two ant bits. When Mr. Hollister found out what his boys did, they didn't come out of there house for a week. My Dad got 5 gallons of gas and burned every ant hill in the yard and that empty lot. Then he got some GreenLight ant powder and sprinkled it on all the hills in case any survived the fire. He was a lot more vigilant about any nest trying to get started in our yard after that. Fire ants are really nasty little things. I think because my older sister spent all afternoon popping the puss heads and draining the poison in them as well as keeping me bathed with cold towel is why I'm here to tell the tail and I never really scarred much. By the way, we became good friends until they moved away about three years later.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

I was on the fence of 4 or 5*. Loved the joke and nod to V. 5*

6King6Kingover 1 year ago

ā­ā­ā­1/2

Rw43Rw43over 1 year ago

Always enjoy your work. One of the best compliments you can receive is the quality of comments posted in response, in spite of the several oversights that readers have pointed out.

<>

Overall, this story seemed a little expression-less (which is NOT to say, passion-less, since our intrepid hero demonstrated his passion far more profoundly than the cheaters did). Maybe he banked it all. But I can see why Faith needed some assurance that he was a deep person.

<>

And, yes, I love the subtle little points about how plastic bags are "bad" plastic in the totally plastic world of CA, he crossed the border in a canoe, NV was so much cheaper than CA, he didn't have to go to trial because his victim died while extracting his own revenge, and he got dumped by the faith-based hospital. So his plumbing had to be re-worked because of his gunshot wound, but the sex organs were totally unaffected? Well, that's good news, because it's kinda hard to tell as good of a sex story if you can't get a rise out of Mr Somebody.

<>

Also enjoyed the joke. I think it works best if you hear the Rabbi talking in Billy Crystal's voice.

Regguy69Regguy69over 1 year ago

You are a great story teller. I enjoyed this one. Happy the guy finally caught a break and met a decent gal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The story was okā€¦ 5 stars for the joke. šŸ˜

BSreaderBSreaderover 1 year ago
I agree

With inka2222 statement it would have been great but he took the blame for two people's reckless behavior and betrayal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice! Wow, ant hill! Please, just shoot meā€¦

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundownover 1 year ago

Good story, though it's a lie that revenge solves nothing. Revenge teaches a lesson to a betrayer. Revenge gives one self satisfaction. The key is once revenge is given, one must immediately be indifferent to the betrayer.

Trust me it works..

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I always look for the joke at the end of Vand, C2C, or M+M stories. They never disappoint (and are properly punctuated... they must be old timers)

Smokepole

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The MC has a surprising lack of situational awareness dealing with the idiot who screwed his wife, considering that the guy has threatened him multiple times.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 1 year ago

Like many, the only thing I didn't buy, in this story, is it's last paragraph - sure, Danny's reaction to the cheating was extreme, but it was caused by a totally unexpected betrayal, not from lack of maturity. Even if him and Darcy had that conversation he spoke about, it's very doubtful they would have remained married. Maybe Trent wouldn't have ended up on that ant hill and ended up shooting him, but that's about it. The MC is exactly where he's supposed to be... same with his ex, wherever she ended up.

Nice joke at the end. An easy full score. Thanks for the share.

JeffTomJeffTomover 1 year ago

Thanks for the story

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77over 1 year ago

Good story, but the pace was rushed. Still, 5 stars.

Davidj001Davidj001over 1 year ago
Liked it!!

4.5*, the joke pushed it over the top!

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 1 year ago

Well done.

A classic LW story.

Just like I like 'em.

A strong well worked plot

beautifully realistic.

Top ratings from me.

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

I liked it

Scores 4/5

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 1 year ago

Good story. Storyline, characters and dialogue good!

I was entertained. So 5 stars

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading.

Pjam1968Pjam1968over 1 year ago

Damn, your last jock dit it

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Quit

He caught them!

From then on he wins stupid of decade awards.

Doesn't do shit but play around like a moron.

Then I was hoping he would get 5-10 for stupidity.

Shot after being warned

Absolutely a moron

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A generally good writer, nice variation with the fire ants. But I am tired of how almost nobody on Literotica seems to have heard of abortion, especially when the woman's partner won't stick around because she is pregnant with another man's child. I realize abortion removed one of the cherished means for making women's lives hell, the possibillity of pregnancy for sex - still a very cherished trope, obviously, for a lot of people in American society. But as other people have complained, it's gone too far in Literotica stories and I'm tired of it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very nice! I loved this story. Very satisfying. And to the commentary on abortion below. You might not like it but some of us love babies and don't like killing them before they have a chance to live outside the womb. You can still kill your own if you like. I think it's still legal in some parts of the country.

WillowghbyWillowghbyabout 1 year ago
Nice!

Another great LW story from M&M. Good underlying theme of progressive maturity worked into the plot.

...and may they live happily ever after.

Keep 'em comin'!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

If revenge solves nothing then you did it wrong! Revenge must be disproportionate. It must be so horrific that the enemy capitulates, and never even thinks about attacking you again. As an example, compare the firebombing of Tokyo, and the nuclear blasts over Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Revenge solves the problem of feeling unavenged.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Balancing life out through revenge is the best remedy. Makes walking away happy possible

jmmj5jmmj53 months ago

Nice one. Not sure how I've missed it all this time.

Revenge is a funny thing. Kind of like amateurs and explosives; might turn out okay, might not.

Looking forward to your next one.

ncdeepdiverncdeepdiver2 months ago

Fire ants are a nice touch.

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore198124 days ago

Well you're a idiot saying revenge solves nothing when it fact it does what it does is teaches a lesson to those in need of the lesson on a bitch would say revenge solves nothing

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermoreandmore@moreandmore
A day without sex is like, um, just kidding. I have no idea. I am judged by what I've done and haunted by what I didn't do. I write stories in an attempt to entertain. If it evokes hate filled or non-constructive comments then I smile while I delete them. I wonā€™t have you...