All Comments on 'QuaranTeam - Dave in Dallas Ch. 02'

by RonanJWilkerson

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
SlofredSlofred7 months ago

Love the story but for one issue. You have set up a a tragedy. The 9 year old is either going to die, or has to be involved in some kind of underage sex. As an author you need to figure out how that is going to be resolved. I would suggest either a miraculous event or new research involving transplant of immunity from her mother. I do what this to be resolved in a favorable way. Thank you for sharing. NOW on to the fan name issue. Q-Tips? or Swabbies because they are Q-Tips? 5 Stars for this story so far. Please keep on sharing.

ShroedingersPussyShroedingersPussy7 months ago

Quaran-Teamsters? ;)

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Should call the fan base “The Q”

KernflakesKernflakes7 months ago

I was going to bring up the same issue as Slofred. I know there is an age cutoff for the virus for kids, but can't remember what CP had it set at. Hopefully you can figure out a good story with this.

5 stars. Keep them coming and we will keep reading. Amazing so far.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Slofred, if you read the different lines of CP stories, I think his "answer" is that prepubescent children generally become environmentally immunized (as an internal response to the virus, not because of the vaccine) over time, and therefore 95%+ will be able to go through their teen years safely, as opposed to those who are already in the "kill zone" and die if exposed.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Much as "firefly" fans group name has nothing to do with the title of the show or subsequent movie then why do quaranteam fans group name need to include the letter q? I would suggest that we be called "teamers."

ThePantsmanThePantsman7 months ago

Imprints is the only thing i can think of

NursesNurses7 months ago

A nice long chapter. 5 of 5 of course. I would describe myself as a Quaranteam addict. Your Bunker series is close enough I consider it to be the same story type. I really enjoy this story line. Feel close to the characters. I know the feeling about the dog. I live in a very sparsely populated area. We don't have animal control. You have to do it yourself. The largest city here is 3,000. But I have a view out the back- down the hill, that is beautiful.

NursesNurses7 months ago

Slofred is obviously not familiar with the story line. It's teenagers who all die. For the little girl it's no worse than the flu. She will be fine.

rwrasotpwdg2rwrasotpwdg27 months ago

I agree with Slofred. While it is nice to see some "reality" in these stories, the spectre of the kid in the house is somewhat problematic. I'm not sure it is a super dire thing, but it definitely needs to be addressed delicately.

One other small thing, that I'm sure others are having issues with. I'm searching on Lit for new Quaranteam chapters almost daily now. But it is very challenging for me to keep them all straight in my head. Is it possible to have some sort of brief paragraph either on your profile or in each chapter with a brief synopsis? Even if it's just: This is the QT series where the dude is in Texas, he realized he loves his neighbor who will be joining his team any day now and also his neighbor's live in babysitter had the hots for him and she's joining in too. Otherwise I find it takes me half the chapter to remember all that!

Otherwise, thank you for your continued work in the QT universe, love what you're doing!

RonanJWilkersonRonanJWilkerson7 months agoAuthor

Regarding Esme: It is established in the QT verse by the original author that children below the "kill zone" are acquiring immunity, so there is no looming dread for her. I'll see about slipping a mention in the next chapter along those lines. And Absolutely no intent to have an underage girl in a sexual situation! Lit's rules aside, that's a hard no from me.

Regarding keeping characters straight: I might put together a character list after there's a few more involved. At the moment, there's the MC (David Belsus), his three partners (Jan, Lupe, and Becca) and Lupe's daughter Esme. (Now,on my Patreon page, I have a visual guide listing all characters, some of their motivations & interests, and pictures I'm using as a touchstone for the physical descriptions.)

I'll mention the fan base name suggestions in the Discord chat for Corrupting Power, the originating author.

Thank you all for reading, rating, and commenting. It is gratifying to see people enjoying my creative work.

RonanJWilkersonRonanJWilkerson7 months agoAuthor

@Nurses

The similarity comes down to my interest in examining how moral men handle bad situations. And it's harem lit.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

It seems somewhat obvious to me; teammates!

patient1patient17 months ago

I suggest " QuaranDreamers".

alsithalsith5 months ago

"It cold also be used by surveyors"

Cold -> could

alsithalsith5 months ago

"degreed" is this a typo, or are you riffing on being given a degree as having been "degreed"?

alsithalsith5 months ago

"not procrastinating, just doing side quests".

I have that shirt. It's a good shirt. :)

alsithalsith5 months ago

Typo: "massaged it with is lips around its edges", is -> his.

alsithalsith5 months ago

Typo: "slipping on leg to either side of his", on -> one.

alsithalsith5 months ago

Typo: "laying his thub" thub -> thumb

alsithalsith5 months ago

Typo or missing word: "your concern for the,". I suspect the -> them. However it's possible you meant to have another word after "the".

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRonanJWilkerson@RonanJWilkerson
An interested reader still trying to wrap his head around the idea people are loving his work. If you are interested in earlier access, or the Character Sketches with images for the characters in Bunker and DiD, check out my Patreon page. https://patreon.com/Ronan332 Releas...