All Comments on 'Quaranteam: Mike's Hurdles Ch. 02'

by lokisluckwriting

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
nthusiasticnthusiastic3 months ago

Very nice. A good addition to the other QuaranTeam stories as it’s a different perspective, being right in the midst of infection and death. Losing friends that quickly at such a young age is shocking. They’re all going to be forced into maturity immediately. Thank you for sharing your talents with us.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Not bad, but a bit too short to make a good chapter.

robots101robots1013 months ago

Good continuation.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

An interesting take on the series. Nice beginning on character development. I look forward to see how you develop things.

A couple of comments, though. First, Tina states she is a recent graduate of the AF Academy. That makes her a 2nd Lieutenant. Much different than an “Airman”, which is a junior enlisted rank.

Next, if she was just assigned to the base before picking Mike (and getting vaxxed), she would have been assigned a room at the BOQ (Bachelor Officer Quarters), not a house - particularly if it was anticipated she would eventually join a more senior officer’s “Team”. Not to say that a quick reassignment of quarters couldn’t have been made when she picked Mike, but her belongings wouldn’t have been already at the house.

Last, given the quarantine status, going on and off post would be restricted to official reasons only - so they would have gone to the BX (Base Exchange) - not Wal-Mart.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great story. This is going to be a really good series. It's the closest any Quaranteam variation has come so far to dealing with regular people from a typical suburban environment. Plus a family with one branch that's reflexively anti-vax, of which there are many in the real world. It really carries the freight of what something like the Duo Halo epidemic would be like for huge numbers of people in the USA.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Another great story. I look forward to more submissions and getting to read about these young people navigating this new world. Thanks

KernflakesKernflakes3 months ago

Shortie but a goodie. Can't wait to see what adventures happen, especially with his mom and family

CherrypahhaCherrypahha3 months ago

Great story and beginning. This story arc of adjusting is going to be great! I look forward with anticipation for your stories. These are going to be awesome.

The_Crazy_OneThe_Crazy_One3 months ago

That's a lot to take in for an 18 year old who is still wet behind the ears.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

At first, my only comment was that this installment was the shortest that I have ever read in Literotica. But, I read it a second time and found that I could rationalize its brevity because the circumstances were so dire and impactful. Mike, still a teenager was experiencing almost war-like drama, surviving a deadly disease and seeing the the bodies of his dead friends in a rather compact period of time. Getting him and his partners away from that war zone to a place of relative safety was a reasonably complete chapter. Now, in the next chapter, I am hopinf for a lot more character development, more characters and for Mike to show some signs of his strengths as he becomes the leader of his new family. Please continue!!!!!

NursesNurses3 months ago

Good second chapter. It seems strange with no answer from home. They did not come to the game so there is no reason why they would have died.

JJohnsonIIIJJohnsonIII3 months ago

Good line going. 5 star worthy but 4 star (actually 3 star) length. Still gave 4.

nthusiasticnthusiastic3 months ago

This is the first QT story that has two of the ladies hating each other. I wonder how long that will last or is the vaccine going to smooth off the rough edges? Thank you again and I hope chapters will get longer as your story develops.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

We are really excited about this version of Quaranteam! Taking it from the youngest of viewpoints! Keep going!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Pretty sure an AF Academy graduate would not have the rank of airman. She would be a junior officer.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Good story overall.

As a recent graduate of the AF Academy, Tina would be a second lieutenant (2LT). The term "Airman" is used to describe a member of the AF in general like Marine is used to describe someone in the Marine Corps. Airman is also the 2nd enlisted rank in the AF equivalent to a private in the Army or PFC in the Marine Corps. Airman first class (A1C) is the same as PFC in the Army or Lance Corporal in the Marines. Next comes Senior Airman (SrA) which is equivalent to a Corporal in the Army and Marine Corps.

Hopefully this helps.

alsithalsith3 months ago

"He laughs as he says" prior to this you were using past tense narrative, you changed to present tense mid paragraph.

alsithalsith3 months ago

"She nodded enthusiastically and left Mike closed the door and set the casserole on the counter." Punctuation missing after "left". (Nothing this stuff a you can tweak your master file).

alsithalsith3 months ago

Is shamed the word you wanted here? "Mike shamed his head to return back to reality,".

alsithalsith3 months ago

Also the "oh" here should start with a capital, and there's an unnecessary space between it: "" oh, Nathan the soldier...".

alsithalsith3 months ago

Great followup. Might want to remember that I imagine Cindy at least will also possibly be freaking out about family and friends. Email knows her dad is fine I imagine if he's able to "pull strings".

ParsimoniousPersimmonParsimoniousPersimmon3 months ago

Having spent some time in upper panhandle Idaho during the COVID pandemic, I think you might be understating the reaction of the people there. I will never forget seeing a line of people waiting to get coffee. No one wearing a mask. Several coughing. All talking about how the fake virus was a joke. A couple of years on now, some of the people we know in the area talk about people that died during COVID but they never blame the virus.

I really like this spin-off to the core stories. Mike is just 18 and while that is legally an adult, there are very, very few 18 year-olds who are actually mature enough to really be adults. Mike is going to have to grow up very fast. Everyone they know that is just a few years younger (all younger siblings, cousins, neighbors etc.) are dead. I hope you spend more time fleshing out Tina's character. She's only a few years older but at that age, that makes a very large difference.

Bravo, and I hope you keep going!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Hope this longer break means your writing a long piece to this incredible story! Keep it up, we are all waiting!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Good start. If Tina graduated from the Air Force Academy, she woul be called Lieutenant and not Airman.

Rhino77PIlotRhino77PIlot2 months ago

There could have been a bit more character development here in this relatively short chapter. I like the style, and the set up, now on to the story arc and the adventure....

WargamerWargamerabout 1 month ago

Excellent chapter 5/5

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userlokisluckwriting@lokisluckwriting
Just starting into my first works of writing being put out into the world. I am planning to release Mike's Hurdles Chapter two in early February. Will be planning to release a new chapter every 3 to 4 weeks depending on my real life schedule. Check out more of the autho...