All Comments on 'Quaranteam - North West Ch. 08'

by BreakTheBar

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
OftenRomanticOftenRomanticabout 1 year ago

Well written, well developed, tracks well with CP's Q-stories. The only downside is I want more stories more quickly! Thanks for sharing your word art.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great spin off. It's almost as good as the original, and just as good as CP's spin offs.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Greerson is the bomb!

MuledriverMuledriverabout 1 year ago

Great story. Just a couple of nit picks with military protocol: in uniform, you don't wear headgear (hats) inside unless you are "under arms". That's wearing a sidearm, or carrying a rifle.

Second: unless you have Harrison teasing Abarbanol, you wouldn't use the full rank, just Colonel. Same as 1st Lt and 2nd Lt. Just refer to them as Lieutenant.

Ask some vets, are active if you have questions. It will improve your stories. :)

masterwebrepmasterwebrepabout 1 year ago

keep writing man, great work

NewtScamanderNewtScamanderabout 1 year ago

Bar, your work as always is impeccable, I don’t know how you always seem to hit these chapters out of the park. Keep up the great work! Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Deeeeelightful!

Irish687Irish687about 1 year ago

Awesome... cant wait for more of this...

KtmgoKtmgoabout 1 year ago

Cool to see Dr Varma show up. And can't wait for this Filipino dancer! Keep up the great work

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I love the series! Thanks so much for writing the story and even more for the multiple unpredictable turns. I can’t wait for the next episode. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Maahvelous…simply Maahvelous. I wouldn’t trade this for all the pus in my sores, and that’s saying something!

5⭐️.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Was worried this chapter wasn't going to progress the the overall story but the end left me wanting more

HornERabbitHornERabbitabout 1 year ago

Excellent take-off on PC's Quaranteam. Look forward to the ND team's growth and trials.

DistantConstellationDistantConstellationabout 1 year ago

Break the Bar, this is very enjoyable. I like the strength of the underlying story. I hope and trust we're going to see Vanessa continue to be a powerful capable foreman as this goes forward - one of the joys of your series.

Your editing is terrific, in almost all details Two things i picked up for you, one recurring. The recurring one - The word pronounced "discrete" has two spellings - that one, and "discreet." You're using it in the sense of the second one, meaning "(capable of) keeping things quiet and confidential", as in "discretion" - but you're spelling it like the first one, which means "separate from other things." MS Word will never catch it.

The other one is a geographic oddity. Jewell Oregon is in Oregon's coast range. It's a beautiful tiny town, but what it almost never is, is "hot and muggy in the summer heat." It may occasionally have delightfully warm days but they are very unlikely to be muggy. If it's hot like that, it won't be muggy - very rare condition there. Also the coast range is not foothills of the Rockies - I think you referred to Jewell's location that way at one point? it's several mountain ranges further west, notably on the other side of the Wallawas and Blues and Cascades from the Rockies.

These details won't annoy anyone who isn't a native of the region, so probably not a big deal. Also recognizing this is an "alternative universe" fiction - this virus, thankfully, doesn't exist - it'd be fine if the weather anomaly was explained as a side effect of climate change at an indeterminate date, and maybe I missed a reference of that type.

These notes are spread over multiple chapters to date, which should let you know - they don't stop me thoroughly enjoying your work. Many thanks for this series, and your others as well.

AaroneousAaroneousabout 1 year ago

Good series. Looking forward to the next chapter.

One more editing suggestion. When an Air Force officer with the rank of Lt. Col. is addressed by other people, they usually just call him/her Colonel. Saying Lieutenant Colonel is just too many syllables. The same holds for other ranks. 2nd and 1st Lieutenants are both called "Lieutenant". Brigadier Generals, Major Generals, and Lieutenant Generals are referred to as "General" in most cases.

When Harri introduces Ivy to Miriam, he wouldn't say "Lieutenant Colonel Abarbanel, this is Ivy..." He would say "Colonel Abarbanel, this is Ivy..."

Yeah, it's a small thing but getting the small stuff right makes your story more believable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I was going to comment on the ‘Lt. Colonel’ thing, but I see someone else already has.

They sometimes call them a ‘telephone colonel’ because they’re called a colonel, even though they’re not. A regular colonel in the Air Force is called a ‘full bird’. (Or at least, it was back when my dad served)

Rhino77PIlotRhino77PIlot11 months ago

IMO, this piece of the Quarateam Universe is a bit better than the original. That is not a knock of any sort on CorruptingPower that series is great! This one is getting to be Great+....

RonanJWilkersonRonanJWilkerson11 months ago

Ok, just to correct the corrections, when introducing someone, you would use the full proper rank. In conversation, you would use the shortened form.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Interesting story, periodically sexy, sometimes dragging but overall enjoyable. You make such distracting and basic grammatical errors I can’t read any further. Learn the difference between me and I; you don’t hand something to “I” which you seem to think is correct whenever the sentence involves plurals; and though it is common here, there is a difference between “lie” and “lay”. If you don’t want to use an editor, try Grammarly, it will catch all these basic errors.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Damn, you get some seriously anal grammar/spelling police on here. Errors get made even with computer and human editors and it is even more confusing if American English is not your first language. Another killer chapter with new angles and twists constantly being thrown at Harrison but he appears the kind of guy who complains mostly to his inner monologue but we all have our own way of handling stress so all I can say is…Good on him for finding a way to keep sane while trying to survive. I did think that Vees old man never wanted a daughter since she is in construction, knows how to handle most anyone or any problems, doesnt show fatherly affection while around others but the real kicker is that Vee has managed to not fuck for 2 years and he thinks nothing of it which means she would never marry and remain with him until he dies. If Harrison wasn’t such a good guy then he should have wiped the floor with that sucker punching slob. He probably considers himself a big scary man for sucker punching Harrison in the eye and I am sure he doesn’t think it was a sucker punch but instead he kicked that guys ass…..hardly! Keep rollin’ out these ass kicking chapters because I know that many people are enjoying the hell out of your incredible writing and storytelling.

JohnBJohnJohnBJohnabout 2 months ago

I have to laugh at all the people constantly complaining about grammar mistakes. If I was PAYING for this story, then I might be miffed at the mistakes, but we're getting them for FREE. Keep complaining and @BreakTheBar may decide it's not worth the bother. I'm really enjoying this story and his other works.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Somewhere I read that humans often skip over mistakes and ignore them. They interpolate a typo or grammatical error essentially self-correcting it on the fly. This is more likely to occur when the material being read is interesting. While I do often encounter mistakes when reading, I have seen none here. I believe this story is so well done that I'm sure I interpolate in this manner rather than slowing down to focus on inane errors. Perhaps, I currently have my anal-retentive button turned off.

Whatever the reason, my hats off to this author for a VERY interesting story. Thank you!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBreakTheBar@BreakTheBar
LATEST UPDATE: Oct 2023 Bonus News: I am nominated in FOUR categories for the 2022 Literotica awards. Please go check out the votes in the Forums! -- Vote for Cattie from AMA: The Boyfriend for Sexiest Female Character - https://forum.literotica.com/threads/the-2022-literoti...