All Comments on 'Queen of the Roller Derby'

by MelissaBaby

Sort by:
  • 56 Comments
grampaaloisiusgrampaaloisius10 months ago

Great and touching as so many stories before.

Many thanks also for Kitty's and Myra's story.

dardefdardef10 months ago

I'm a 82 year old...who remembers the glory years of roller derby.... Lived in California in 1958 acres the street from a man and wife who both skated in the derby...sadly can't remember their names! Wonderful story...

oldsage_1oldsage_110 months ago

Thank you so much for this wonderful story! I had goose bumps and a lump in my throat for the last two pages. So well organized, so well written.

Cheers

SAGE

Lector77Lector7710 months ago

Thank you for excellent storytelling, believable characters, and a theme that touched me. I'm an old, straight man, yet your fine writing made it easy to empathize with young gay women. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Another Lit author who needs to be renamed: introducing to the world Melissa5StarBaby. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

ChooseLove1972ChooseLove197210 months ago

Always captivated by your stories. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing gift!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I absolutely loved it. You are the best. I enjoy reading anything you write. I bet even you shopping lists are worth reading.

mithanialmithanial10 months ago

Fuck you that was a beautiful story. Tha k you for sharing it. It's too ad this room is so damn dusty.

Bluesea00Bluesea0010 months ago

great story. it made me cry.

MigbirdMigbird10 months ago

As a near hopeless romantic how can I not like this story: Intriguing believable characters; rich, detailed background; relationships that gel and move us. On personal note: Recall back in the day watching in fascination roller derby — real skating craziness just as you described. Your creative pieces resonate around your characters embedded within a captivating scenario. Isabel, Natalie, Melissa, Michelle, Ramona, etc. You are talented and clearly enjoy digging deep into your stories. Thanks

SlithyToveSlithyTove10 months ago

Brilliant and affecting, as always. I particularly appreciate your ability to ground your scenes with accurate local details -- I know those places in Detroit, the Leelanau area, and New York and can see them well in the midst of your story. I also very much appreciate your story of Myra's writing and later influence, as that echoes the experience of a couple of old friends. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Four generations of my family lived in that area on the East Side of Detroit. My grandfather, father, and my uncles worked at Dodge Main. When you were mentioning the street names, and city airport it brought back so many memories. Unfortunately, there's not much left of the old neighborhood. My childhood home has been gone for a very long time. Thanks for the walk down memory lane.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Hors catégorie Is a Tour de France term for beyond categorization when rating mountain climbs. This writing is Hors catégorie writing.

And you had me at Faygo…

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

A great story****!!!! Thank you.

Nicole2023Nicole202310 months ago

This had all the emotions, laughter, sadness, happiness, crying. I had a lump in my throat the last 3 pages. ...I have heard got your goat in years lol

FirstClassFlirtFirstClassFlirt10 months ago

Tremendous. Damn leaky eyes…. I’m 60, so this is set before my time, but skating was still a hot thing and while I did have Kittys tricks, I had speed. Raced a little and was always curious about Roller Derby, not just for the skating but because I somehow knew I’d find like minds there. They just seemed like such strong women, and Kitty is a shining example of their spirit, and courage and endurance. Life took me in a different direction, but I absolutely adored reading this, and I like to think Myra was right there with Kitty, cheering on the Comets. Thank you

phlxxlphlxxl10 months ago

Wow! Felt like Bill Bryson with some steamy details added. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I have read a ton of stories on this site and this may be the best one I've read. Fantastic story, well written, I'm off to read whatever else you have written. Kudos.

SexecclecticSexecclectic10 months ago

Thank you for this awesome story, it’s one of the best examples of storytelling to be found on Literotica. The most compelling stories for me, are about sexual awakening and coming of age. Your story was masterful in scope, plot and characterization. You are so good at giving just enough details, but leaving plenty for the reader to flesh out for themselves I’ve been on Literotica for some time, and have read thousands of stories. This is right near the top.

The icing on the cake for me, were your references to the D. Chandler Park, City Airport, American Axle, Michigan Central Station, Telegraph Rd., Briggs Stadium, W. Grand Blvd. and all the other little things sprinkled in. But the most fun thing of all, might have the Rock Hudson reference. Congratulations

Comentarista82Comentarista8210 months ago

There's a historical error in here that must have escaped notice: Sonia Henie won her last medal in skating in 1936, so even if these girls (like Budz) were 20 at the time of the narrative, they would have just been born and not known who Henie was at all.

Stopped reading once it was obvious this was effectively lesbian, and so unless this is going to be a multiple-chapter run, it should have been placed in that category or this broken up into basically 5 chapters to fit into "Novels and Novellas."

MelissaBabyMelissaBaby10 months agoAuthor

Sonia Henie performed in popular ice shows throughout the 1950s

To the best of my knowledge, there is no rule against novels about lesbian characters, nor is there a requirement that Novels and Novellas be broken down into multiple chapters.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

As many others gave said, I've read many stories here on Lit and this just may be the best one

Fatdog25Fatdog259 months ago

This was an absolutely amazing story. It's a shame we're limited to just 5 stars.

goolicgoolic9 months ago

Beautiful. This moved me. I cried both on the funeral scene and the final Toler derby scene.

EmotionalEmotional9 months ago

Long but enjoyable read. Very well written. Thank you for writing and sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I read this with tears in my eyes. And I'm a 78 year old hetero male. This is a timeless, genderless, transcendent love story. Bravissimo!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

You had me with tears in my eyes at the end. Great writing as all ways. Just beautiful, Beautiful.

tangledweedtangledweed9 months ago

MelissaBaby's stories should come out already favorited; they are that consistently exceptional. She develops these characters that remain undefeated by life, no matter how harsh of conditions they face. This is another standout effort by her.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Love this so much. Captivating and thrilling. It was a joy to read and I will read it again.

Comentarista82Comentarista829 months ago

@Melissa

I stand corrected in that I should have continued reading (and I will not make that mistake again), as you are correct about her continuing into the 50s.

I however do stand by the second comment, as I'm not the first nor only poster to suggest a different placement since I read all the time where readers say "this contains far more erotic couplings than romance" or "this is far more in the Loving Wives category than Romance." To be clear, that comment did not focus on the characters, only the categorization--which is why I suggested splitting into chapters vs. a one-shot in "Novels and Novellas" OR [what I meant to put on my 2nd reply, but missed it] place the story into the "Lesbian" category.

theMasterBaitertheMasterBaiter9 months ago

God damn. I'm sobbing.

BodysurferyeahBodysurferyeah9 months ago

Always a pleasure to read an Author that weaves a tale that is enlightening, educational, and entertaining. I appreciate your dedication to your craft. "How you feel is more important than how you talk." Thank you.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissy9 months ago

Yeah tear’s running freely …… Omg sooooo beautiful soooo full ofall a life may treat you with, but love with a soulmate is sooooo extraordinary …… this tale was some special artistic writing ….. your gifted

Thank you for sharing this piece of ART

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝🕸️🍀💋

DistantConstellationDistantConstellation9 months ago

Oh MB - thank you. This story is so amazing. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Very beautiful…

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I read the last few paragraphs with tears streaming down my cheeks. Such a fabulous story. So well written. It took me on a wonderful journey back through all the years of my life. Thanks indeed.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I had plans for the day but since I started reading this story I have been unable to stop. I'm about halfway through, and everything else is on hold until I finish it. Lesbian sex doesn't much interest me, so that's not what sucked me in. It's just a fine story, and what a fine writer you are!

PurplefizzPurplefizz7 months ago

Well shit, up until the last page or so I was loving this and thought it was a great story, but then you ambushed me (and others it seems) with both Myra’s untimely demise and Kitty’s discovery that the sport that brought her and Myra together and was the foundation stone of their lifelong relationship was now a living, breathing, successful sport that was not only successful, but it embraced the diversity that could have destroyed their young lives decades earlier.

You left me in tears, but I’m not sure as to why, was it the old friends finding each other again, or that Myra didn’t live to see what she’d created work wonderfully in the modern age or was it a combination of all three? Tbh I’m not sure, what I am sure of is that this was a great story, it had everything I could ask for, characters whose lives shone on the page, the scenarios that were both grubby and realistic, but mostly the emotion woven into the words that leapt off the page and affected myself and other readers. Just phenomenal to read, many, many thanks for both writing and for posting here on Lit, regards, Ppfzz. 5⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Six stars and a comet. This was a fantastic read. Thanks!!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

This was absolutely amazing. Thank you so much.

Victoria14xsVictoria14xs6 months ago

So well done. Read in one sitting. A thoroughly enjoyable, emotionally satisfying read, from start to finish.

Her’s was a life well lived. Reading about her - your creation - leaves me feeling…gratitude.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I also read this in one sitting. Cried lots.

MigbirdMigbird5 months ago

Just finished this piece for a second, maybe third time, tears rolling down my face. Thanks for creating and sharing.

HogacresHogacres4 months ago

I wish I could vote ten stars..

UncertainTUncertainT4 months ago

That was amazing!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Well thought, well written, and deeply moving. Thank you so much!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

So so good.

Freddog6601Freddog66012 months ago

Excellent!

Well written, well crafted deeply moving heartfelt story.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Holy shit I'm in tears. That's the epilogue to end all epilogues. Go, Melissa, go

THBGatoTHBGatoabout 2 months ago

Wow, this was such a rewarding read. So moving, so inspiring. I loved how flawed the characters were, it made it so much more real. Loved it. Thanks so much for sharing.

golasgilgolasgilabout 1 month ago

Sensational. Tears in my eyes and heartbroken that it's finished. Thank you.

GoldustwingGoldustwing24 days ago

Well done Mel, this is a beautiful story, so full of pathos. I love Kitty and her grit and determination, a few tears at the end.

galadriel_fangaladriel_fan10 days ago

Oh my.

This is beautiful. Such a story. The detail, the imagery, the love, the scope. Epic.

I didn’t really need that sleep anyway. No regrets.

Thank you so much MelissaBaby. Such a generous gift.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMelissaBaby@MelissaBaby
944 Followers
A bold bitch and a shy girl. An exile and an ex-con. A lover and a leaver. A wise fool and a stupid genius. A cocksucker. A student. A foodie, a boozie, a weedie. A rider of horses. A kisser of girls. A resister, an insister, a persister. Daughter of a goddess, mother of a gho...

SIMILAR Stories