All Comments on 'Quick Hook'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 247 Comments (Page 3)
DMKarr10DMKarr105 months ago

She will never figure out what real cheating is. That's a shame.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndy4 months ago

Well written characters, dialogue and plot! Stayed true to established characters ideals. Typical in some ways but it was entertaining to read and well worth reading time!

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The comments about this being a BTB story crack me up! There was NO burn here, only consequences of her choices. Divorce is not a burn. She broke the terms of the marriage contract. Him filing for divorce is just letting the government know the updated status.

To be a “Burn”, the story has to show some actual punishment, not just natural consequences.

ZK

fritz51fritz514 months ago

Perfect story. 5*s

BlueEyd2BlueEyd24 months ago

Reread it and loved it. Great job!

Loved the comment to the marriage counselor about concessions.

THANKS!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I'm Hooked. Five bright stars.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

You hit every cliche in the LW category. Not a bad story, but not five stars material. Nothing truly original here.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Thanks Hooked. Glad you posted this.

What the adultery apologist, "it was just sex", moral relativists both on this site and in society at large don't seem to be willing or able to understand is that it isn't so much the act (though that certainly does matter) that's the problem as it is the betrayal. How many of them would give a pass to someone they did business with if that person/entity deliberately broke the terms of a contract? As the saying goes a deal's a deal. Love and time may soften the edges but at its heart 'marriage' in whatever form is a contract, and the vows are the terms and conditions. One doesn't get to just arbitrarily change them.

It's to the shame and detriment of western society that this concept isn't given more consideration by the laws/courts. As long as marriage is a contract that one party can be awarded cash and prizes for breaking the marriage rate will continue to decline.

EOR

☆☆☆☆☆

Jetcrash747Jetcrash7474 months ago

If you think about it, it’s just as bad as doing it. Don’t tell your husband or your wife that you’re thinking about having an affair, because if the thoughts in your head, the plan in your mind also.

RuttweilerRuttweiler4 months ago
Some notes.

You telegraph that your character sees the world through the eyes of a loser with your opening sentence. In essence, you are saying, "Everything is going great, so it's time to expect failure." It proclaims a loser's mindset.

Let's turn it around. Would it make sense to start a story with something like, "My wife and children have just left me after burning down my house with my newly restored '67 Corvette L88 in the garage! I guess things are looking up!"

Only born losers expect a shit sandwich when all is going well. Or, perhaps you have sussed out the mindset of your readership, and think they see themselves as losers. You may be on to something.

You overuse meaningless adjectives and adverbs, and front load the story with distracting trivia. I don't need to know how cold your beer is "sliding down your throat." I would assume your dog is "trusty". He's a dog. You feed him.

You might see this as "setting the stage", but it feels more like "wasting my time."

I'm not going to belabor the premise of the tale. Anyone with a functional brain and a bit of experience in life knows that wives don't go up to their husbands of 20 some odd years and out of the blue tell them they want to have an affair to "feel the thrill of a new man". And then expect it to go well. That said, it does appear to be one of the more common tropes here, and, for some reason, seems plausible to a large number of your credulous readership.

Whatever.

So, if you're going to keep stamping out these mind-numbingly unlikely stories, you might as well try and tighten them up so they don't drag.

If you're only trying to increase the word count, try putting in some novel ideas instead.

usaretusaret4 months ago

Not bad, much better than some of my reads here.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Guessing that Ruttweiler has never been in the military. The times when everything was going great. Scared the hell out of me. That was normally when the gates of hell opened. With an emotional affair. The only thing missing is the sex. You still have gotten the betrayal, disrespect, nuked trust, and humiliation.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt3 months ago

Excellent, thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Excellent. Doubly hooked.

RuttweilerRuttweiler3 months ago
@Anonymous_02_12_24

If you equate a marriage with a military operation, I would expect your relationship to have serious issues.

In a military operation, attack might come at any moment. Instant readiness is the demand of survival. You have to be poised to act in an instant to respond. Lives are at stake!

Does that sound like a marriage? Waiting for attack to come at any moment, poised to strike back with devastating force to overwhelm your enemy? If it does, you're divorced, or married to a dishrag.

You love this kind of crap. How's this sound for a story?

-------------------------------------------------------

"I was sitting at the kitchen table, and my wife of 38 years, whom I've loved with all my heart, came up to me and said, "Honey, can we talk?". I instantly recognized she was cheating on me!

I pulled my .45 ACP from it's holster, (I always carry in the house; never know when attack will come), lined up on her center mass, and double-tapped her. Fucking whore!

I probably should have fucked her one more time, because I loved her so much, but, ... not now.

The cops came, and I explained the situation. They said I obviously had no choice, and that it was a clear case of self-defense. We had a beer, then they left.

Oorah! Time to clean up!"

-------------------------------------------------------

I know it's a little short. Maybe I could stick a bunch of song lyrics in to bring it up to 750 words. It hits all the high points, don'cha think? Five stars?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Boring and formulaic. Predictable from the git-go.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThree3 months ago

Nice.

This was a well done story.

But the plot was a little tight.

I'm not talking about revenge missing

or some kind of closure.

I'm glad those weren't included.

No, I mean the characters themselves

and what made them tick.

Family, friends, work, hobbies.

A little bit more meat on the bones.

Still, what was included was very good.

4 out of 5 from me.

kirei8kirei83 months ago

The cunt could not be so stupid than to realize she just torched her marraige that fateful evening. Why did he not play the one recording for his daughter to shut her up for good. Did he invite his ex to the 25th anniversary party?

silverthorne16silverthorne163 months ago

Just no way to live with a person you can no longer trust, and still have any respect for yourself.

I wish though there would have been more revenge against the lover, especially after that late night phone call!

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades3 months ago

Enjoyed the story. Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Some might say he was too harsh, others would say she was too stupid.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This is another ridiculous example of a writer pandering to the lowest common denominator in the comments. Black and White thinking calls into question MC's assertion that he loves Traci, but in his tiny brain, he can find no forgiveness and certainly no "there's another way." Attorneys can do all kinds of things to back-stop a marriage reconciliation. Hell, you can put almost anything that's not illegal or doesn't forfeit a person's human or civil rights. This stilted thinking also doesn't consider the "hot stove effect," where a spouse or significant other does, proposes or sets into motion something that's total anathema to the other party. Seeing the reaction, the offending party has been "burned" by the hot stove and, as is hard-wired in all of us, learns to avoid. If you think you don't lie, cheat, steal or get out of your lane because you are good, moral and decent, there is also an underlying current of fear of punishment, pain, dissolution or even death that keeps you on the "good, moral and decent" side of the coin. In this case, a decent attorney would offer a post-nuptial agreement and serve her with an official letter to "cease and desist" with her entertain ideas of sanctioned or unsanctioned extra-marital activity. I've seen all kinds of things in these documents, such as regular but surprise polygraph examinations, phone trackers and in one case, a statement of conjugal specificity. A situation like is so prevalent in the stories is so rare as to be unheard of by family law attorneys and martial counsellors. So, when you read this, remember this is red-meat chum in shark-infested waters to the commenters and probably belongs in science fiction rather than erotic fiction. (Then, you could have spaceships and phasers.)

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Why doesn't Ruttweiler WRITE SOMETHING? After all, he's the most accomplished critic and expert of other people's work on this site. Except maybe, SBrooks103, but Brooksie at least has some excellent stories, so he can nit pick. Some.

drbenchpress66drbenchpress662 months ago

To be fair, if she actually wanted to open the discussion about this, then she would go to him first and not set up with another man before even broaching the subject with her husband… just saying to all you mouth breathers that are trying to justify this. I mean you guys really live on another planet

sjmbsrfsjmbsrf2 months ago

Another very good story from this excellent author. Hi stories never fail to engage with a central question that could divide readers but int his case I find it hard not to side with the MC, given his wife's apparent lack of understanding or remorse. In such a situation it is hard to see how her husband could continue with their marriage when he could not trust her and would always feel that in her eyes he was lacking something. For her part she would probably resent his apparent lack of understanding and forever rue her lost opportunity.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Thanks for this good story! I believe she would continue to have affairs once she starred! DerMtMan

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Great story thanks for not pandering to the simps and sluts that say its just one time, one time is one too many and one time will become 1000 times.

And not being physical is not cheating not true but how did they get to that point ??? They planned and had dates and most likely kissed and groped eachother, and he said knowing Traci she wouldnt let it go and he was right the filthy cunt slept with her boy and called our innocent man on what was their anniversary. He did the right thing only wish more men had his strength and integrity.

a_reader_from_germanya_reader_from_germanyabout 2 months ago

@ Anonymus "Great story thanks fir not pandering to the simps and sluts..." and @sjmbfrs 👍

I also agree with drbenchpress66, although I'd speculate this MC's reaction had been similar to the one presented in this tale if she'd asked him for a hall pass before planning to suspend her vows.

Women who in all sincerity believe that having and raising children and doing things for the family are sacrifices, and that the own children are obstacles, preventing them from living life, should stay single and live with cats And if you are in marriage and find yourself severely unhappy with it, communicate with your spouse, if no solution can be achieved that both can live with, seperate and divorce, instead of trying to have your cake and eat it too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Not your best story, but definitely your best scenario for my taste. I have been hoping your protagonist would end it much more quickly than they usually do. She is demonstrating a lack of love and respect by even asking the question.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Very good story. Thanks, Hooked.

5 ✨✨✨✨✨

StruckwrongStruckwrongabout 2 months ago

Like most splits but with less drama building.

rbloch66rbloch66about 1 month ago

I respect the ex for having the guts to talking to hubby beforehand, and I absolutely agree with his decision. If she was considering a “one-time” affair, then she had already given up on the commitment she made getting married.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

The characters in the stories don't nearly as stupid after reading some of the comments that follow! Thanks for the tale Hooked.

somewhere east of Omaha

SatyrDickSatyrDickabout 1 month ago

[24.04.24]

Top Shelf!

11/10 Sawbucks!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Well done story explaining that marriage is the commitment of one man and one woman to forsake all others; he belonging to her and she to him. An emotional affair breaks the contract and ends the marriage.

This author has much to teach us about how to live a happy life.

AmbulAmbul24 days ago

Another excellent and very mature story by the author.

AnonymousAnonymous23 days ago

Well Hooked!

AnonymousAnonymous20 days ago

Beautiful tale with some backbone. It’s true that you have to make your line in the sand and keep it there. If your values and morals can be flexible then you aren’t a very decent human being from what I have seen. It’s good to see a story where the main character doesn’t go all Rambo and blow up everything but instead calmly or somewhat calmly has a conversation with his wife about emotional cheating and knowing she would go behind his back. She proved that when before they were divorced she just had to call him and let him listen to her having sex. What a classless piece of crap which proved his point although people don’t just change that fast which means that he didn’t know her as well as he thought he did and he might have not been paying attention to her which is why she was acting out for the last couple of months. The thing that always bothers me in real life is that the women who end up cheating are usually talked into it by one of their sleazy girlfriends who wants a divorced compadre who can skank around with her.

desecrationdesecration11 days ago

It's all in the decision. Not the intent, because no one ever means badly. But the formulation of a plan, the choice to seek another. It steals the love, energy, time, and focus from the family.

26thNC26thNC10 days ago

Great story. I’m not convinced that she hadn’t already cheated. He definitely made the right decision to dump Traci. He would never completely trust her again. Nice touch reaching out and touching Dave’s life too.

AnonymousAnonymous6 days ago

Without trust, you got nothing and nobody deserves that.

AnonymousAnonymous2 days ago

AWESOME

AnonymousAnonymous2 days ago

Poor guy must have been surprised when he found out that child support payments go on till they're out of education, so possibly till 25-26 years old.

Can't really fault him for divorcing, but not sure the author was trying to do by having the ex call the MC up while she's having sex.

She must have known that eliminates the possibility of a relationship post divorce, I guess he just wanted to make sure everyone knew she was a slut, but tbh it felt like the act of someone terribly hurt and angry. Which kind of makes you wonder if the MC was all along being a dick because he'd decided he wanted out before the wife had even mentioned anything and used that opportunity to lay all the blame on her.

Also, what's with the obsession with trying to kill octigenarians by telling them their daughter is a slut. Who even does that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 23 hours ago

You plan on fucking someone else, you cheated

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous